2000 march - paper 1 and 2

Discussion in 'MRCOG Forum' started by Guest, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

march 1 2

1 FFTTF TFFTF
    2 TFTTF ?FTTFT
    3 FTFFT FFT?_T
    4 FTFTT TFTTF
    5 TFTFT TTFTF
    6 TFFFF FTTTT
    7 FTFFT TFTFF
    8 TFTFF TTTFT
    9 FTFFF ?_T?_TT
    10 FTFFT TTTTT
    11 FFFT?F FFFTF
    12 FTFFF FFFT?T
    13 FFFTF TFTTT
    14 T?TFFF TFFFF
    15 TTTFF FTTTT
    16 TTFFF FTFTF
    17 TFFTT
    18 FFFTT TTTFT
    19 FFFTT FTFTF
    20 FTFTT FTFTF
    21 TFFTT FFTFF
    22 TFTFT TFFTT
    23 TFFFT TFTTT
    24 TFTFF
    25 FTFTT FFTT?T
    26 TTFTT FTTFT
    27 FFFTT F?TTTT
    28 TFTTF FFTTT
    29 F?_TFF F?FTTT
    30 FTTFT FFFTF
    31 TFTFT TTF?_T
    32 TTFTF FTFTT
    33 FTTFF TFTFT
    34 FFFTT FTTFT
    35 FFFTT TFTTT
    36 FTTFF TFTFT
    37 TFTTF TTFFT
    38 TTFFF TTFTF
    39 TTFFT TFTFT
    40 FFTTF TTFTT
    41 TTFTT FFTFT
    42 TFFTT FTTTF
    43 FTFTT FFFTT
    44 TTFTF FFTFF
    45 FFTFT FFTFT
    46 TFFTT FTFTT
    47 TTTTT FTTFF
    48 TTFTF TFFFT
    49 FFTFT FTTFT
    50 FFFTF FTFTT
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

paper 2, q 12 - is placenta impermeable to maternal ketone bodies??
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

paper 2 - q 2 a: ACT controls hydroxylation of cholesterol to pregnenolone: false???
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Corrections

Paper 1

Q 6, D, True, ilioinguinal nerve supplies both Internal oblique and transversus in addition to the lower intercostal and the subcostal nerves, Ref Last's Anatomy page 219...

Q 6, E, True, Pyramidalis is supplied by subcostal nerve (T12),Ref Last's Anatomy page 219...

Q 10, A, Not sure but in Tim chard page 67, it is written that the roof of the femoral triangle is formed by skin, fascia together with the superficial circumflex iliac vein and the femoral branch of genitofemoral nerve, and as you know that the femoral triangle contains the femoral vein, femoral artery and femoral nerve, so it lies above all these structures, so I suggest it to be true... (any comment)

Q. 12, A, true, Ref Last's Anatomy page 288, it said "in the female the base of the bladder has a firm connective tissue union with the anterior vaginal wall, and upper uterine cervix with no peritoneum intervening..

Q. 14, A, not sure but doesnt the gonadal differentiation starts int he testis first at 7 weeks, Chamberlain page 37, so that would be around 28 days, so it shall be false

Q. 14, B, is it the medulla or the cortex...? not sure its a very confusing question..

Q. 15 C, does it enter the maternal circulation or is it the Trophblastic cells, Trophblastic cells will be a more precise term , or do we mean by trophoblast that it is trophoblastic cells in maternal circulation (any comment)

Q. 15 D, True, Ref, Chamberlain Page 39, it says " These cells which form the endovascular trophoblast replace the endothelium and invade the walls of the intradecidual portion of the spiral vessle wall.

Q. 29 B, False, Ref Tim chard page 109
    Sources of various andorgens
    Testosterone "ovary 20%" "adrenal 30%" "peripheral conversion 50%"
    Androstendione "ovary 30%" "adrenal 60%" "peripheral conversion 10%"
    DHEA and DHEASO4 "adrenal 80%"
    Dihydrotestosterone 100 % peripheral conversion

Q 31, C, False, It has a thyrotrophic activity not antithyroid

Q 45, A, true, Propranolol is a Beta blocker and they Cause bronchoconstriction

Regards to all.
    Dr. Mohamed A. Otify
  5. roni

roni Guest

you said
    Q. 14, A, not sure but doesnt the gonadal differentiation starts int he testis first at 7 weeks, Chamberlain page 37, so that would be around 28 days, so it shall be false

7 weeks is 49 days not 28 so i think it's true.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

will get back guys....
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Q 6, D, True, ilioinguinal nerve supplies both Internal oblique and transversus in addition to the lower intercostal and the subcostal nerves, Ref Last's Anatomy page 219... - does this mean it innervates the rectus sheath??? shipra - ur comments?
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

Q 10, A, Not sure but in Tim chard page 67, it is written that the roof of the femoral triangle is formed by skin, fascia together with the superficial circumflex iliac vein and the femoral branch of genitofemoral nerve, and as you know that the femoral triangle contains the femoral vein, femoral artery and femoral nerve, so it lies above all these structures, so I suggest it to be true... (any comment) - i think u r right. it is! wil get bck onthis only if its false, else true.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

Q. 12, A, true, Ref Last's Anatomy page 288, it said "in the female the base of the bladder has a firm connective tissue union with the anterior vaginal wall, and upper uterine cervix with no peritoneum intervening.. - that would be the vesiclocervical fascia - but does this mean its in contact with it - i am not to sure???? shipra ur views??
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Q. 14, B, is it the medulla or the cortex...? not sure its a very confusing question.. - cortex!!
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Q. 15 C, does it enter the maternal circulation or is it the Trophblastic cells, Trophblastic cells will be a more precise term , or do we mean by trophoblast that it is trophoblastic cells in maternal circulation (any comment) - answer is true - these cells do!
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Q. 15 D, True, Ref, Chamberlain Page 39, it says " These cells which form the endovascular trophoblast replace the endothelium and invade the walls of the intradecidual portion of the spiral vessle wall. - agree
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

agree with the rest of ur answers Dr Otify. thx for the corrections too!
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

14 a in paper 1 , i agree with roni.
    thx
  15. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-1 Q1 'c' shd be false....cudnt find its ref. anywhere...
  16. Shipra

Shipra Guest

paper-1 9'c' shd be true
  17. Shipra

Shipra Guest

paper-1 6'd' shd be false ....I coudnt find anywhere n supply of rectus sheath...
  18. Shipra

Shipra Guest

paper-1-- 11 'e' shd be true ( ganong)
  19. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-1 14'b' is false..dev in cortex
  20. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-1,Q15 ..though it has been discussed...to put it together correct ans are abcd
  21. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-1 17'c' shd be true.
  22. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-1 20 'c' --- are u sure abt it being false....as its only the brain cells in which the glucose uptake is independent of insulin....not all the neurones..
  23. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Sorry 20 'c' agreed with you...just now found an article
  24. Comments

Dear Shipra
    Thanks for your contributions
    here are my comments on your reviews

Paper 1
    Q1, C, True, Ref, Lasts anatomy page 318, it says "it runs straightforward to the obturator foramen supplying the parietal peritoneum"

Q9, C, True, I agree, just found it now in Lasts as I was looking for it, Ref Page 268 lasts anatomy

Q6, D, True, rectus sheath is formed in part by transverses and internal oblique, and ilioingunal supplies both those muscles, Ref, Lasts anatomy page 219

Q11, E, True I agree, you are right, thx

Q14, B, I am not sure if cortex or medulla, Any reference for that

Q17, C, F, Ref Ganong page 387, it says "When the epiphyses are closed, linear growth is no longer possible, and growth hormone produces the pattern of bone and soft tissue deformities known in humans as acromegaly"
    And if you review acromegaly you will find that there is special type of bone growth.

Regards,
    Dr. Mohamed A. Otify

P.S. If you could go through my reviews in Sept 97 exam, that I posted I would be thanksful..
  25. Shipra

Shipra Guest

paper-1 33 'd' 'e' shd be also true...presence of necrotic tissue favours germination of spores so reverse may inhibit....what do u think??
  26. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Thanx Dr. Mohamed for correcting me...I shall go through ur comments as soon as possible..
  27. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-1 34 'c' shd be true...as its a cause of intracerebral ( usually periventricular ) calcification of brain in neonates.( Ref: Ghai)
  28. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-1 , Q35 'c' shd be true as IgM antibodies appear within 14 days of appearance of rash...and this is used in serological diagnosis of Rubella ( Park-PSM)
  29. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-1 39 'd' shd be true...its doc in my pharmac text...dunno what t/t is follwed in uk?? :roll:
  30. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-1 Q47 -- a, ,b, are false ..its a weak muscle relaxant...and predominantly undergoes hepatic metabolism...just checked with my pharmac text.
  31. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-2, 46 'e' -- are u sure abt it?.( abt several times)
  32. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-2- 42'd' shd be false....though mast cells are seen to produce melanin in some of the tumours( still a matter of research) but they do not control melanin formation in normal course in epidermis..its done by melanocytes and dendritic cells.
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

Q1, C, True, Ref, Lasts anatomy page 318, it says "it runs straightforward to the obturator foramen supplying the parietal peritoneum"
    Q9, C, True, I agree, just found it now in Lasts as I was looking for it, Ref Page 268 lasts anatomy - discussed

paper-1 6'd' shd be false ....I coudnt find anywhere n supply of rectus sheath... - i agree with u. i dont think the erectus SHEATH has any innervaion although the muscles do!
  34. Guest

Guest Guest

agree with 11e, 14b, 1c (false) - 17c - flase and answers to 15 as acd- in paper 1

15b - i thought the blood vessels are formed form innercell mass that gives rise to mesenchyme. is trophoblast true then? isnt there a difference in innercell mass and trophoblast??

agree with 34c , 35c - paper 1

i am not sure abt paper 2 46e (several times thingi)
    ampicillin is the drug of choice for 39d

thx for correcting me on 47a and b - i agree with ur answers - paper 1

paper 42 b - i got my answer from the net, so nto sure what to say!!
  35. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-2 27 'd' shd be false as epitheloid or giant cells are a feature of granuloma which is different from granulation tissue
  36. Shipra

Shipra Guest

paper-2 29 'd' -- Are u sure that low temp delays wound healing....temperature does affect rate of wound healing...but how...couldnt find anywhere...in any books..even on net??
  37. Guest

Guest Guest

AM SURE OF THE ANSWER - GO TIT FROM ONE MCQ BOOK - AND ALSO READ SOMEWHERE
  38. Guest

Guest Guest

SHIPRA, CAN U PLS CHECK MY DOUBT ON 15 B?
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

ARE U POSITIVE ON CALCIFICATION IN CMV INFECTION - I THOUGHTIT WAS CHARACTERISTIC OF TOXO???
  40. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-2 18'e' shd be false as not the entire energy is dissipated..some of it echoes back...
  41. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Yes I am 100% sure..got it in Nelson as well
  42. Guest

Guest Guest

Paper-2 18'e' shd be false as not the entire energy is dissipated..some of it echoes back... - TRUE COZ ONLY 0.1% ECHOES BACK/ - ON THE NET
  43. Shipra

Shipra Guest

So how can it be "entirely"...??when 0.1% is echoing back...??
  44. Shipra

Shipra Guest

I agree with ur ans of Q15 paper-2

To put it together
    In 1 turn of TCA cycle-
    -12ATP are formed
    -2 mol of CO2 are produced
    -3 NADH
    -1 FADH2 are produced
  45. Shipra

Shipra Guest

46. Shipra

Shipra Guest

paper-2,Q23 'a' and 'e' are false...its mediated by Ig G and Ig M antibodies. Damage is widespread...cytolytic ( type II )reactions are targetted at particular cell type.
  47. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-2 Q 17 -- 'c' and 'e' are true.
  48. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-2 Q12 'c ' shd be true, ( De swiet) its transferrred both by simple as well as facilitated diffusion. Placenta is imperbeable to ketone bodies as they are lipid insoluble..( water soluble)I agree.
  49. Shipra

Shipra Guest

paper-2 Q 11 'b' shd be true as thrombin acts on fibrinogen to convert it into fibrin.
  50. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Paper-2 10'e' shd be false as glucocorticoids decrease glycolysis in peripheral tissues ( quoting it from my biochem text)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.