After the exam.(MRCP MAY 06 RECALLS)

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by sma, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

evangelos, so did i (put GERD)... and i knew about the association... hope we are right --- amen
  2. kenglad

kenglad Guest

asthma

well doesnt asthma covers both GERD and nocturnal cough then
    so best answer is asthma
  3. oreoluwa

oreoluwa Guest

best answer is GERD NOT aSTHMA.tHE RESULT WILL BE OUT IN 10DAYS FROM NOW.
    ALL THE BEST ALL
  4. mrcp fighter

mrcp fighter Guest

ok..what about that ques a nurse needle prick with an aid pt management start antiretroviral therapy or inj zidovudine.is there any inj format zidovudine?i think the other should be correct.though i answered zidovudine.by the way the previous question answer is gerd.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

chronic nocturnal cough

Hi everybody

well I have to disagree with u all, I think the right answer for chronic nocturnal cough with normal CXR is chronic sinusitis due to post nasal drip.
    :roll:
    regards
  6. mrcp fighter

mrcp fighter Guest

pregnancy with svt can any body remember what was the option....is there was amidaron?
  7. oreoluwa

oreoluwa Guest

For the SVT in pregnancy-the guideline shows Metoprolol,there was no amiodarone there-wonder about its safety in pregnancy.

I beg to disagree chronic sinusitis is not a likely cause.I think its GERD.aS Regards the needle stick injury i chose Zidovudine which seems to be the only reasonable option to me.

Cheers
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

i have chronic sinusitis & never nocturnal cough..
    i wrote asthma but i think the correct answer is GERD..

THE CORRECT ANSWER OF SVT IN PREG. WAS verapamil , its one the treatment option of SVT & can be given safe in preg

im obst/physician
  9. Evangelos

Evangelos Guest

Hi Guys,

I checked the 2006 guidelines concerning pregnancy and SVT. "...If adenosine fails, then IV propranolol or metoprolol are recommended. Intravenous administration of verapamil may be associated with a greater risk of maternal hypotension and subsequent fetal hypoperfusion."

I also put metoprolol as the correct answer. Will it be sufficient to pass....?

Good luck to all
  10. OREOLUWA

OREOLUWA Guest

I QUITE AGREE WITH EVANGELOS.METOPROLOL WAS RECOMMENDED FOLLOWING FAILURE OF ADENOSINE TO RATE CONTROL.

WHAT ABOUT THE CASE OF AUTOIMMUNE THYROIDITIS AND TYPE OF THYROID CANCER THEY ARE PREDISPOSE TO.I CHOSE LYMPHOMA ANY OTHER VIEWS.
  11. Evangelos

Evangelos Guest

Like other autoimmune disorders, there is an increased risk of malignancy, with a B-cell malignant lymphoma, the most common to arise within the gland. A rare association is a sclerosing mucoepidermoid carcinoma which arises with fibrosing Hashimoto's disease.

I totally agree with you arilowa :D
  12. Evangelos

Evangelos Guest

How about the human genome project? I do not remember the other options but I put the 30,000 genes.

My option is favored also by the Human Genome Project website where it is stated that the estimated number of genes in the human genome is 30,000.

Any views?
  13. mrcp fighter

mrcp fighter Guest

no..30,000 is incorrect.more than 30,000.by the way i checked about svt in pregnancy in latest guideline.its adenosine and verapamile.no b blocker.for needle prick injury anti retroviral drug .triple therapy.there is no ziodovudine in inj form.for genetics one option was not all dna is codefor gene...i forget that stem.by the way what about anticipation?expand trinucled repead in succicive generation.its the resonable.crazy man physical assult to his wife and told i have fried high official in police no body can harm me?whats it,,scizoid personality?
  14. oreoluwa

oreoluwa Guest

Yea 30,000 was the choice.There is no amiodarone on the guideline,maybe you can forward your source and that will be wellappreciated.I think the guy with the police friends its likely paranoid schizo.if i recollect very well.
  15. Evangelos

Evangelos Guest

Concerning SVT and pregnancy and metoprolol: Please look at the American College of Cardiology Foundation http://www.acc.org/clinical/guidelines/arrhythmias/exec_summ/VI_special.htm

Concerning human genome project and estimation of genes please look at the related website
    http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/project/info.shtml

"The total number of genes is estimated at 30,000 —much lower than previous estimates of 80,000 to 140,000 that had been based on extrapolations from gene-rich areas as opposed to a composite of gene-rich and gene-poor areas. "

Concerning the man with the police friends (it is grandiose thought?) I put mania!

cheers
  16. mrcp fighter

mrcp fighter Guest

lump in nose,lump in neck and pulmonary infiltration...i think histocytosis.some body put sarcoidosis.i am not agree.
    best indicator for peri tonsilar abcess....one sided...?i forgot...can anybody help
  17. mrcp fighter

mrcp fighter Guest

lady with severe pain complaining osteoarthritis with stable angina why thallium perfusion to see her cardiac status why not ett ?is there any contraindication for ett in osteoarthritis?
    one pr fall down and with out conciousnessness and after that he start to walk its cataplexy not like vaso vagal..
    A man was brought to the casualty with abdominal pain, sweating shivering and said if u dont give me morphine I will commit suicide .some body is telling Munchausens syndrome ,but i didnt answer this one.any idea?
    in acute renal rejection what is the anti HLA antibodies...i think ig m
    preg lady with Alpha thal trait+ husband trait wants to know the risk to the foetus-husband and wife both affected...so answer to check antenatal condition of fetus...the exact stem i cant remember...
    Pt with Hep B resistent to interferone presented with sudden hepatic apin, and jaudice, deteriorating lft...many people wrote super infection hep d .but patient old i think hepatic ca.
    can u remember ..one ques from anatomy ...muscles involve in flexion of knee or hip ..i forgot...what was your answer?
    plz discuss about these questions...latter we will discuss more other question?
  18. rub

rub Guest

regarding peritonsilir abcess the answer is " unable to swallow sliva"
  19. rub

rub Guest

1-LUMPS BISSNESS IS SARCOID MECKLIC SYNDROME
    2- HBV WITH ACUTE DETERURATION WE THINK HEPATIC CA
    3- OSTEOARTHRITIS IS ECHO AS SHE CAME FOR KNEE REPLASMENT SHE CAN NOT RUN ON TREDMIL.
    4-CATAPLEXY ,AND VASOVEGAL ATTACH BOUT WITH NO LOC AND REGAIN POWER WITH IN MINETES WE DONT KNOW WHAT EXAMINER WANTS :D .
    5- HYPER ACUTE REJECTION THE ANSWER IS IGG ,SURE OF THE ANSWER
  20. tida

tida Guest

do u know the site onexamination.com?
    they wrote 9 Q of may/06

pregnant SVT---> VERAPAMIL
    achne with small visicles Rx --->doxytetracycline
    dog bite Rx ---> augmentine
    action of acyclovir-->thymidine kinase
    huscy color legs post procedure--->cholesterol emboli
    hashimotos thyroiditis ---> lymphoma
    to avoid what if statin cueses myalgia--->gemfibrosyl
    if clonic adenoma removed well follow pt wih--->annual colonoscopy
    drug inc insulin sensitivity ---> poziglitazone
    :) :)
  21. mrcp fighter

mrcp fighter Guest

lady with severe pain complaining osteoarthritis with stable angina why thallium perfusion to see her cardiac status why not ett ?is there any contraindication for ett in osteoarthritis?
    one pr fall down and with out conciousnessness and after that he start to walk its cataplexy not like vaso vagal..
    A man was brought to the casualty with abdominal pain, sweating shivering and said if u dont give me morphine I will commit suicide .some body is telling Munchausens syndrome ,but i didnt answer this one.any idea?
    in acute renal rejection what is the anti HLA antibodies...i think ig m
    preg lady with Alpha thal trait+ husband trait wants to know the risk to the foetus-husband and wife both affected...so answer to check antenatal condition of fetus...the exact stem i cant remember...
    Pt with Hep B resistent to interferone presented with sudden hepatic apin, and jaudice, deteriorating lft...many people wrote super infection hep d .but patient old i think hepatic ca.
    can u remember ..one ques from anatomy ...muscles involve in flexion of knee or hip ..i forgot...what was your answer?
    plz discuss about these questions...latter we will discuss more other question?
  22. mrcp fighter

mrcp fighter Guest

can anybody tell the questions of anatomy with answers?
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

hey every1 ....

I am so nervous about the result ............. i hope i pass inshAllah ............will it come out on the 12th for certain ??
  24. mrcp fighter

mrcp fighter Guest

25. Guest

Guest Guest

hi every body
    i passed
    my name came on the net
    but whats the pass mark?
    any one knows?
  26. OREOLUWA

OREOLUWA Guest

Thank GOG i passed the exam.Evangelo and Mrcp fighter hope you passed too.

Oreoluwa.

I shoud say a very big thank you to this forum, those past exam questions helped a lot. Some advice later for those preparing.

Thanks once again

OREOLUWA

ANY ADVICE FOR PART 2 WRITTEN
  27. OREOLUWA

OREOLUWA Guest

I MEANT THANK GOD NOT THANK GOG.
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

i passed fellas... shukar alhamdullilah
    (am the guest who posted the mssg about being nervous abt the result)...hehe :)
  29. kenglad

kenglad Guest

evangeloos

evangeloos i am so curious did u pass?
    so was it gerd or was it asthma
    chicken first or egg?
    egg or chicken?
  30. oreoluwa

oreoluwa Guest

Kenglad,why are you taunting Evangelos,give him some time to check.Most people thought the result will be released on the 12th.I was just lucky while checking the forum noticed some Doctors had checked their results.So I checked mine too

So did you pass too?

I still insist the answer was GERD.at least i passed so am confident to write it.

No hard feelings.
    Cheers

God Bless us all.Please anyone with advice for Part 2 Written please.Thanks
  31. oreoluwa

oreoluwa Guest

Kenglad,why are you taunting Evangelos,give him some time to check.Most people thought the result will be released on the 12th.I was just lucky while checking the forum noticed some Doctors had checked their results.So I checked mine too

So did you pass too?

I still insist the answer was GERD.at least i passed so am confident to write it.

No hard feelings.
    Cheers

God Bless us all.Please anyone with advice for Part 2 Written please.Thanks
  32. kenglad

kenglad Guest

curious

sorry am not taunting evangeloos
    juz curious cuz evangeloos knew all the little stuff like cipro = precipitate g6pd etc
    stuff i did not know
    so i hope evangeloos pass
    u see when i was a medical student there was a really smart chap from the states and he would alwiz answer the prof and answer correctly during lectures while the rest of us kept quiet
    so in exasperation the prof would cry "u all better sit next to him during your exam!!!!i would if i were you sorry bunch!"
    i guess evangeloos reminded me of him
  33. kenglad

kenglad Guest

continue

so i hope evangeloos pass!
    all the best lad!
    cheers!
  34. oreoluwa

oreoluwa Guest

Kenglad,
    Curiosity kills the cat.Anyway let Evangelos rest,guess he will
    re-surface with his good news shortly.MRCP exams is nobody's exam, you can either fail or pass.I was among the lucky bunch and i passed.

Take care wishing all well.Did you PASS kenglad.??????????????
  35. kenglad

kenglad Guest

how true

hey oreolwula old chap
    cats have nine lives
    8)
    yes i did pass
    congrats to u and to all who passed!
    this is a cool website very useful for exam takers
    present and future

just one more question from the may paper for future examinees

22 year old guy goes to gp and claims he has rashes
    examination reveals no rashes
    2 years ago he has seen a gp and was given oitment and it worked
    but now he could not find any propietary medication that works
    what is teh diagosis?

answer - malingering
  36. OREOLUWA

OREOLUWA Guest

EVEN IF ITS SCHIZOPHRENIA YOU'RE RIGHT.
  37. oreoluwa

oreoluwa Guest

PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CUT OFF MARK FOR THE MRCP PART 1.
    THANKS
  38. Evangelos

Evangelos Guest

Hi kenglad and oreolua!

I could not reply earlier for two reasons. First because I wad a series of night SHO shifts so I was resting during the day and second because I could not remember if I had chosen to have my results on the web or not!
    Finally, I found out that I had chosen to have my results on the web so unfortunately I have not passed! I am looking forward to receiving the results to see what exactly happened.
    Anyway, congratulations for your success and luck!
    If you are in london or planning to come we can arrange to meet for a coffee and continue our funny conversations :D
  39. OREOLUWA

OREOLUWA Guest

EVANGELOS,
    You are a Guy to be respected,i definitely do.I really look forward to meeting up,am working in Dublin but should be in London for the Part 2 exam.
    I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST AT THE NEXT SITTING.Just let me know how i could be of help to you great lad .Cheers
  40. Evangelos

Evangelos Guest

Thanks oreoluwa,

My email is e.visvardis@doctors.org.uk so when you come to London for your exam or holidays (and If I am still here... :D ) we can arrange to continue our discussions. In the meantime I will be watching both the forums of MRCP PartI and II for questions so...

Have a nice weekend
  41. lordoye1

lordoye1 Guest

got my results today. i passed. the passmark was 59.59%.
  42. oreoluwa

oreoluwa Guest

Congrats Lordoye 1 its good to know.
    The pass mark was quite achievable.Congrats
  43. kenglad

kenglad Guest

hey evangaloos

hey evangeloos!
    dun worry old chap u juz keep goin
    go for the september paper u'll pass i'm sure!
    perhaps we'll meet one day

the measure of a great man is not when he falls but how he picks himself up after ! :p
  44. oreoluwa

oreoluwa Guest

HAS ANYONE RECEIVED THEIR RESULTS YET-MRCP MAY 2OO6?
    WONDERED WHY ITS TAKING SO LONG FOR THE RESULTS TO BE POSTED OUT.
  45. Cleo_S

Cleo_S Guest

i received mine today --- not too happy with my score : 63.73 %
    But i passed --- so... yippy !!! (shukar alhamdullilah)

Pass %age was 59.59

how did every1 else do?

Cleo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.