AIIMS NOV 6th 2005, How was it

Discussion in 'AIIMS Nov 2013' started by Guest, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Friends,

Discuss AIIMS paper in this thead, How was the paper, hard / easy . Repeats and most importantly your comments

AIPPG Support
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

well all most all questions barring 2 or 3 were repeats!
  3. yeah repeats were there but rest of the questions were at times confusing ( even paper setters were confused)
    any predictions for the no. of people breaking into 50% list???10000??or more??
  4. manju

manju Guest

when i frst solved the paper, it seemed quite easy, but after i finished in the end, i found that i had left some 35 questions unanswered.........

wanna despearately know, how many u all answered......but whatever, it was a nice paper....a gud mixture of repeated nd new ones....nd some very easy nd not so easy questions.....what do u say...
  5. guest_hirak

guest_hirak Guest

Hi Guyz..can u plzz tell me some links to the solved answer paper of the exam held on 6th Nov 2005..if u have then cud u plzz send me to rayhirak@yahoo.co.in !!

thx in advance
  6. smith_s

smith_s Guest

answer is :4

1. incidence following open cholecystectomy is in the range of 0.2-0.3 %._ TRUE

2.incidence rate following laparoscopic cholecystectomy is three times higher than the rates following open cholecystectomy. -- TRUE

3. untreated cases may develop secondary biliary cirrhosis ---TRUE

4. routine use of open technique of laparoscopic port onsertion has resulted in a decline in the incidence of post laparoscopic cholecystectomy bile duct injuries.

THIS IS FALSE. there has been a decline in incidence of vascular injuries .
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey!!I think the BIOSTATS Q on glaucoma was wrong..(i.e the one in which the average pressure was 30 and SD was 10)I think the SD should have been 1..then the answer would have been 28..

have i assumed correctly or am i the only fool to get it wrong?

Any way I answered the question.Btw.. is it wise to attend such presumed wrong Qs?or r they the infamous trap Qs?

And.... is the answer for that Q on malabsorption syndrome, anti endomysial antibody? I thought option C with that fancy name was a distractor.Or is that the answer? I referred CMDT 2005 and Cecils Txt Bk of Medicine ..i didnt find that name at all...
    kindly someone clarify..

Also I got this one wrong...

Pemetrexed is a type of chemotherapy drug. It is a little similar to another drug in regular use called methotrexate. Pemetrexed has recently been licensed in the UK to treat mesothelioma, in combination with cisplatin. The drug company that developed it announced this on 1st November 2004, an in theory it is available from 29th November 2004. But it may not be widely available on the NHS yet.[/b]

ref:http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=5174

more on pemetrexed :
    Pemetrexed (ALIMTA®) is a novel, multi-targeted antifolate that has demonstrated antitumor activity in several preclinical models [6]. Inhibition of thymidylate synthase is the primary mechanism of action, which causes a decrease in thymidine necessary for DNA synthesis. Pemetrexed also inhibits dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR), glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase (GARFT), and to a lesser extent, aminoimidazole carboxamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase (AICARFT). DHFR inhibition depletes reduced folate pools; GARFT and AICARFT inhibition stop de novo purine biosynthesis. Evidence of pemetrexed’s multitargeted mechanism of action is the ability of leucovorin and thymidine to circumvent the cytotoxic action in the human CCRF-CEM leukemia cell line
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

Now the one abt UC and its extraintestinal manifestations...

1. Pyoderma gangrenosum is rare (1 to 2 per cent) and is usually seen in patients with active disease, but occasionally persists despite inactive colitis. The lesions usually begin as sterile pustules, usually on the limbs, which break down as they enlarge and finally coalesce. Ulceration leads to necrosis and the lesions become surrounded by black, necrotic tissue. Treatment of the colitis is usually followed by regression of the SKIN lesions.

2.Episcleritis or an anterior uveitis occur in 5 to 8 per cent of patients. Local corticosteroids and treatment of active colitis usually lead to resolution.

3.An acute arthropathy occurs in 10 to 15 per cent of patients with active disease. It affects the larger joints (knees, hips, ankles, wrists, elbows) and is usually asymmetrical. It is a non-erosive condition and settles as the colitis goes into remission.

<hr>
    Drugs causing hepatic granuloma:

Sulfonamides, methyldopa, quinidine, phenylbutazone, hydralazine, allopurinol

Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae(bakers yeast) has association with Crohn's disease and malabsorption syndromes...kindly refer..

<hr>
    Read this regarding, Hep B immunisation in babies born to HBsAg positive mothers...

CURRENT DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT IN PED...

Pregnant women are routinely screened for hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg). Women with positive reactions are highly likely to transmit the infection to their offspring. Infants born to HBsAg-positive mothers should receive both HepB and HBIG immediately after birth. Infants for whom the maternal HBsAg status is unknown should receive HepB (but not HBIG) within 12 hours of birth.
    what do u infer?
  9. arundg

arundg Guest

marks

how many marks shud u get . i think i got 67%
  10. jaagte raho

jaagte raho Guest

dear 67% agar aa rahe hain to counselling ki taiyyari kar lo
    dear with such marks u may get within top 35
    lekin mark urself with opened eyes and not after boozing
    jaagte raho
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

I think the malabsorbtion question was Celiac sprue.
    so I marked antiendomysial antibody

and the question on Crohns disease treatment
    ans is TNF alfa antagonist right?? infliximab, etarnacept etc?
  12. guest 26

guest 26 Guest

the ref for cholecystectomy q please
  13. guest_hirak

guest_hirak Guest

anyone with the correct set of answers or any website publishing the answers! please post any link if u r aware of !
  14. MNC

MNC Guest

Pemetrexed is a type of chemotherapy drug. It is a little si

Pemetrexed is a type of chemotherapy drug. It is a little similar to another drug in regular use called methotrexate. Pemetrexed has recently been licensed in the UK to treat mesothelioma, in combination with cisplatin. The drug company that developed it announced this on 1st November 2004, an in theory it is available from 29th November 2004. But it may not be widely available on the NHSyet.

Pemetrexed (ALIMTA®) is a novel, multi-targeted antifolate that has demonstrated antitumor activity in several preclinical models [6]. Inhibition of thymidylate synthase is the primary mechanism of action, which causes a decrease in thymidine necessary for DNA synthesis. Pemetrexed also inhibits dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR), glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase (GARFT), and to a lesser extent, aminoimidazole carboxamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase (AICARFT). DHFR inhibition depletes reduced folate pools; GARFT and AICARFT inhibition stop de novo purine biosynthesis. Evidence of pemetrexed’s multitargeted mechanism of action is the ability of leucovorin and thymidine to circumvent the cytotoxic action in the human CCRF-CEM leukemia cell line
  15. MNC

MNC Guest

Sulfonamides, methyldopa, quinidine, phenylbutazone, hydralazine, allopurinol
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

The paper was easy.

i dont know about the no. of repeats, but i understood one thing that a lot of questions were logical , u really didnt need to have in depth knowledge, some common sense and some logical reasoning would help u get the ans.

i think AIIMS paper style itself has changed. from very tuff ans. , now its pretty simple questions but a bit tricky ones...
    from a scenario where u had to have lot of knowledge, now u need to have a little bit less knowledge but a lot more common sense and application...
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

All of the following cause acalculous cholecystitis EXCEPT

All of the following cause acalculous cholecystitis EXCEPT

a. Enteric fever

b. Leptospirosis

c. Dengue h'gic fever

d. Malaria
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

regarding, Hep B immunisation in babies born to HBsAg positi

regarding, Hep B immunisation in babies born to HBsAg positive mothers...

CURRENT DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT IN PED...

Pregnant women are routinely screened for hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg). Women with positive reactions are highly likely to transmit the infection to their offspring. Infants born to HBsAg-positive mothers should receive both HepB and HBIG immediately after birth. Infants for whom the maternal HBsAg status is unknown should receive HepB (but not HBIG) within 12 hours of birth.
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

while estimating BLOOD GLUCOSE ,glycolysis prevented by-sodi

few answers which i have checked:

1) xeroderma pigmentosum-nucleotide excision repair

2) while estimating BLOOD GLUCOSE ,glycolysis prevented by-sodiium flouride

3)vitamin A stored in-liver

4 idioathic nyctalopia-absence of rod function

5)incybation period for pertussis-7-14 days

6)vagitus uterinus-cry of unborn baby from uterus

7)gunshot residue-dermal nitrate test

8)drug causing liver granuloma-allopurinol

9)basophilic stippling-lead poisoning

10)corneal transperancy-endothelium

11)heparin-all except is weakest acid found in living things

12)bradycardia seen after-succinyl choline

13)pautriers microabscesses seen in-mycosis fungoides

14)gardners syndrome-multiple osteomas

15)not a method of isolation of chlamydia_enzyme immunoassay
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

regarding bile duct injuries following cholecystectomy, whic

regarding bile duct injuries following cholecystectomy, which of the follwing statements is false:
    !.incidence following open cholecystectomy is in the range of 0.2-0.3 %.

2 incidence rate following laparoscopic cholecystectomy is three times higher than the rates following open cholecystectomy.

3 untreated cases may develop secondary biliary cirrhosis

4 routine use of open technique of laparoscopic port onsertion has resulted in a decline in the incidence of post laparoscopic cholecystectomy bile duct injuries.
    answer is :4

1. incidence following open cholecystectomy is in the range of 0.2-0.3 %._ TRUE

2.incidence rate following laparoscopic cholecystectomy is three times higher than the rates following open cholecystectomy. -- TRUE

3. untreated cases may develop secondary biliary cirrhosis ---TRUE

4. routine use of open technique of laparoscopic port onsertion has resulted in a decline in the incidence of post laparoscopic cholecystectomy bile duct injuries.

THIS IS FALSE. there has been a decline in incidence of vascular injuries .
  21. glaucoma biostats in AIIMs nov 2005

in case of glaucoma biostats question if you calculate the SE then you will get the answers as 28.
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

few more

Following liver transplantation , recurrence of primary disease occurs in all except - primary biliary cirrhosis

Minimal change glomerulopathy may be seen in assoc with all except - Hepatitis B

The one measurement of fetal maturity that is not affected by a bloody tap during amniocentesis is - Phosphatidyl glycerol

established biological therapy for Crohn's disease - anti TNF alpha anti body , it is etanercept

La facies sympathique - Hanging [ ante mortem hanging ]

Apart from occuring in nucleic acids , pyrimidines are also found in - thiamin

All of the following drugs may cause hyper kalemia except - Amphotericin

Mu receptor of op ioids is responsible for the following clinical actions except - Diuresis

all of the following transport processes follow saturation kinetics except - Simple diffusion

Henoch Schonlein purpura is characterised by deposition of - Ig A

Internucleosomal cleavage of DNA - apoptosis

surface glycoprotein on human hematopoietic stem cell CD 34
  23. vrdhmn

vrdhmn Guest

predictions

i think we should stop predicting and giving others false assurances. . we al know the paper was easy compared to last aiims papers.merit wil go high this time. may be 68% wil not get a sit also.please stop false\ assurances.
  24. drzoom007

drzoom007 Guest

visnas

hi everbody, i am new to this forum
  25. Kalloli

Kalloli Guest

Re: AIIMS NOV 6th 2006, How was it

When will results out? which site to check?
  26. biju576678

biju576678 Guest

results

when wil theresults be out
  27. sachin54658

sachin54658 Guest

aiims results out on notice board at delhi !!!!!!!!!!!!!

aiims results out on notice board at delhi !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  28. biju35355

biju35355 Guest

is there any way to know
  29. lonretdoc

lonretdoc Guest

AIIMS NOV 05

i think paper was much better when compared to MAY 05.It does make sense to set a paper which has questions to be answered using the basic amount of knowledge.
    Hope 2 do well.
    cheers
  30. hari_cnb

hari_cnb Guest

AIIMS Nov 2006

Hi..This AIIMS paper had a lot of repeats but still i think the questions were a little tricky. For eg.
    A 26 year old woman with 2 month history of anemia and jaundice with spherocytes in peripheral smear.The next investigation would be
    1.Osmotic fragility
    2.Coombs test
    A lot of my friends had chosen Osmotic fragility, which would have seemed to be right in the first instance.
    Now read the question again and u'll known its autoimmune hemolytic anemia. I think this paper had quite a few traps. Otherwise, it was fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.