AIPG DENTAL 2010 post question answers

Discussion in 'Dental PG MDS IQE MFDS ADC Exams' started by Drtooth, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

to kapil94

Highest point in the concavity behind the occipital condyle is..
    porion
    bolton point
    Prosthion
    Basion

i think answer to this question will be bolton point,not basion
    refer bhalaji pg.147 cephalometrics
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

132) Incineration is not done for
    cytotoxic drugs
    cotton contaminated with blood
    waste sharps
    human tissue

134) Which of the following helps in generating oxygen burst in neutrophils
    Oxidases
    hydrolases
    peroxidases
  3. For mamta,
    basal lamina of endothelium of blood vessels is secreted by oligodendrocytes...
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

8) @Spreadingsmiles
    Ossifying fibroma is unilocular and radioopaque...it is a repeat question...
    Objective pain scale method is facial pain scale..thats also a repeat question..
    any references dear???????????
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

8) stilll the list alredy been compiled doesnt hv 200 complete questions

sooooooooooooooo many repeatededli posted

thnx 8)
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

@guest

Highest point in the concavity behind the occipital condyle is..
    porion
    bolton point
    Prosthion
    Basion

i think answer to this question will be bolton point,not basion
    refer bhalaji pg.147 cephalometrics

ur right i believe......got this reference from proffit pg 173..chk out...click on the image to enlarge

[​IMG]

FIGURE 6-31 Definitions of cephalometric landmarks (as seen in a lateral cephalometric tracing): 1. Bo
    (Bolton point), the highest point in the upward curvature of the retrocondylar fossa of the occipital bone;
    2. Ba (basion), the lowest point on the anterior margin of the foramen magnum, at the base of the clivus;
    3. Ar (articular), the point of intersection between the shadow of the zygomatic arch and the posterior border
    of the mandibular ramus; 4. Po (porion), the midpoint of the upper contour of the external auditory canal
    (anatomic porion); or, the midpoint of the upper contour of the metal ear rod of the cephalometer (machine
    porion); S. SO (sphenoccipital synchondrosis), the junction between the occipital and basisphenoid bones
    (if wide, the upper margin); 6. S (sella), the midpoint of the cavity of sella turcica; 7. Ptm (pterygomaxillary
    fissure), the point at the base of the fissure where the anterior and posterior walls meet; 8. Or (orbitale), the
    lowest point on the inferior margin of the orbit; 9. ANS (anterior nasal spine), the tip of the anterior nasal
    spine (sometimes modified as the point on the upper or lower contour of the spine where it is 3 mm thick; see
    Harvold analysis); 10. Point A, the innermost point on the contour of the premaxilla between anterior nasal
    spine and the incisor tooth; 11. Point B, the innermost point on the contour of the mandible between the incisor
    tooth and the bony chin; 12. Pog (pogonion), the most anterior point on the contour of the chin; 13. Me
    (menton), the most inferior point on the mandibular symphysis (i.e., the bottom of the chin); 14. Go (gonion),
    the midpoint of the contour connecting the ramus and body of the mandible.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

its an answer givn in one MCQ book as BASION...but this image clearly suggest that thw answer is bolton point. the author itself is AIIMS Ortho faculty.....guys comment ....
  8. Dr varun

Dr varun Guest

Raw beefy tongue is due to options r 1 cyanocobalamin 2 niacin 3 scarlet fever 4 riboflavin ... I m confused bet scarlet fever nd niacin plz help me anyone?
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

149) ossifying fibroma radio features
    a)multilocular radiolucency
    b)unilocular radiolucent
    c)unilocular radioopaque

explanation: Ossifying fibroma – Unilocular Radioloucency

this is data about cemento ossifying fibroma from white and pharoah.....

The internal structure of a COF
    lesion is a mixed radiolucent-radiopaque density with a
    pattern that depends on the amount and form of the
    manufactured calcified material. In some instances the
    internal structure may appear almost totally radiolucent
    with just a hint of calcified material. In the type
    that contains mainly abnormal bone, the pattern may
    be similar to that seen in fibrous dysplasia, or a wispy
    (similar to stretched tufts of cotton) or flocculent
    pattern (similar to large, heavy snowflakes) may be seen
    (Fig. 23-19).

but look at this another statement written in the same book in the description of fibrous dysplasis....
    An ossifying fibroma
    similar to fibrous dysplasia may have a uniform
    radiopaque appearance but usually has a definite
    border.

NOW THE QUESTION WAS NOT SPECIFIC ABOUT WHICH STAGE OF THE DISEASE......
    many of the people comment its unilocular radiolucent.....considering the initial stage.....i believe....
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

basically i simple language ossifieing fibroma.is radiopaque /radiolucent???????hey guys this question depends on the aipg question bank only..................dis question was there in exm only to confuse u and make ur score -1,,,,,,,,,,,thats it :) :)
  11. doctor1947

doctor1947 Guest

Fligrastim

. Fligrastim used for neutropenia
    . ludwig angina:raised tongue
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

wt can b ans to questions

leptosrirosis?????????
    campylobacter??????
    fsh,lh feedback????????
    fsh,lh.......adp .ribosyl ????????
    :) 8) 8)
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

as far as i can remember, all the options in lepto ques were correct.
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

15. Guest

Guest Guest

ossifying fibroma - unilocular radiolucent- refer neville
    dry heat not used for hand pieces
    denaturation of dna -reversible into a single strand
    2nd heart sound of shorter duration of 1st
    cementosis- male and maxilla ....female and mandible for cementoma
    most diffcult to control airborne spread
    fsh related to sertoli cells -determine spermatogenic status
    synaptic stripping- activation of oligodendrocute and removal od adjacent synapse
    sleeping sickness - house fly as tse tse fly was not in the option
    creals are deficient in - vitamin c
    most lipogenic - fructose
    raw beefy tongue- niacin deficiency beefy red tongue in pernicious anemai check neville
    fsh and lh acts through camp
    .reilly bodies-lymphocytes
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

@guest
    --synaptic stripping- activation of oligodendrocute and removal od adjacent synapse

if u remember all the options,pls post them.
    what about vacuolisation of oligodendrocytes

--fsh and lh acts through camp
    the question was fsh,lh,tsh increase:
    1)cytosolic calcium
    2)cAMP
    3)cGMP

u r correct that these hormones act through cAMP but by doing so,they increase cytosolic calcium. so,i think better option will be cytosolic calcium...
  17. Seems u dont have any idea about answers...:)
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

@ guest ur correct i my self has marked increased cytosolic calcium as answer .......but failed to find a direct reference from book .......@spreading smile to whom ur saying this comment
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

@guest..what about that synaptic stripping
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

regarding synaptic stripping question-
    1.nuclear fragmentation of microglial cells
    2.activation of oligodendrocyte and removal of adjacent synapse
    3.vacuolisation of oligodendrocytes
    4th option i don't remember
    i marked 2nd option and have found internet reference for it ....as it is not given in ganong and guyton
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

@guest
    can u pls giv me site link for synaptic stripping question

n what about that NaF % questin...i think answer will be 2%....bt m nt sure...what do u think
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

it's 2% if conc. of naf was asked .....and 1.23% if f conc was asked and the link synaptic stripping is not coming in message it's showing error
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

:) thanks...few more doubts,if u can help
    1)cells of cerebral cortex are a/e
    a)purkinje b)cajal
    (i know purkinje cells r present in cerebellum,but cajal cells r also nt seen in cerebrum,theh r seen in intestinal auerbach plexus...cells in cerebrum r cajal-retzius,not cajal)

2)self threaded pin is smaller than pinhole by
    a)0.001"
    b)0.002"
    c)0.003"
    d)0.004"
    (most of std.books give range as -.0015"-0.004" .do u have any reference which gives a particular value)

3)restorative mat. of choice in moderate size class-1 cavity with heavy occlusal forces
    a)gold foil b)amalgam

4)most sensitive test to find viral load
    a)real time PCR
    b)western blot

5)most sensitive test for hCG
    a)latex agglutination
    b)radioimmunoassay
  24. sahilgagnani

sahilgagnani Guest

can any1 please gimme the answers of the following:-
    1.widman flap disadvantage? is it the interproximal bone loss?
    2.pressure applied after perio surgery? is it for hemostasis?.
    3.hcg detection? is it elisa?
    4.not a cartilagenous part of viscerocranium? is it zygomatic bone as it is a part of membranous viscerocranium?
    5.cyst at the junction of medial lateral nasal and maxillary process? is it globulomaxillary as nasoalveolar cyst is at the junction of globulomaxillary medial nasal and maxillary process..ref. shefars 5th edition page 90 n 92.
    6.synaptic tear? is it chromatolysis??? its given on net...
    please post me answers with reference if possible....
    and every1 plz start giving ur projected score so that atleast we can estimate the cut off.....best of luck every1...v all will surely get a mds seat ths year itself....
  25. sahilgagnani

sahilgagnani Guest

can ny 1 tell me which was the question of sertoli cell??? spermatogenesis answer???
    and by the wat in toto v have 197 questions discussed still 3 questions left....ithink endo questions are yet not recalled .....
    if any1 remember the ritu duggal questions as only page number are specified in the forum....please tell me the question....thanks....
  26. sahilgagnani

sahilgagnani Guest

and what was the question on campylobacter??
  27. dento

dento Guest

camylobacter

man is a natural reservoir of
    a.y.enterocolitica
    b.e.histolytica
    c.Campylobacter
    d.salmonella
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

man is natural reservoir of e.histolytica...
  29. om

om Guest

cut off

can anyone tell me what was the cut off last year ?
    &
    what it could be this year?
  30. Guest

Guest Guest

last year cut off was - 69% no idea about it this year .....may b aroubd 74 to 75% ......
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

.not a cartilagenous part of viscerocranium- it is sphenoid as it is a bone of neurocranium
  32. Guest

Guest Guest

1)cells of cerebral cortex are a/e - purkinje as they r seen exclusive in cerebellum
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

)restorative mat. of choice in moderate size class-1 cavity with heavy occlusal forces-- amalgam .....gold foil is not ideally suited for heavy stress bearing restoration ,,,,refer sturdvent
  34. Guest

Guest Guest

4)most sensitive test to find viral load
    a)real time PCR
  35. sahilgagnani

sahilgagnani Guest

The body of the sphenoid bone arises from the hypophyseal cartilages, while the greater and lesser wings of sphenoid have evolved from the optic capsule...ref wickepedia.....so it cant be the answer.....thnx dear...if u find answers to other questions do reply.....hw mch u r expecting?.....i think cut off wud be around 145 net correct...what u think???
  36. sahilgagnani

sahilgagnani Guest

and pressure applied after flap surgery is for hemostasis and flap adaptation both are given but in relation to perio more appropriate is flap adaptation...what u think??
  37. What is the maximum correct answers u all are getting? Some of my friends who said they performed well are getting more than 150 correct,but no one can be so sure, well its just relieving ur tension for a while, only 20 days are left for result, but every day night only one thought, 'oh god please yeh wala tukka theek kra dena, bs kisi tarah 165 theek ho jaye' :)
    well hope for the best, god will be giving the best to one who deserve the best, and people like me who r just giving exams for government colleges and other of less fees are too much hopeful for all india, but this year exam was really a bakwas one, well lets hope that all will be well..:)so guys give your estimation but dont take anything to heart, we all are at same level,its just method of self satisfaction and mind relaxation...
  38. Guest

Guest Guest

i attemted 183 sure negatives - 20 and 4 doubt so gaetting arond 75% wat r my chances
  39. Fair good chances, just pray to god, u gave for the first time?
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

thanx spreading smiles this was my 2nd attempt.....but every1 is sayin cut off would b very high around 80% ....so gettin lil worried day by day .....it was not so easy paper as everyone is sayin as all controversial questions r repeated and basics especially physio and biochem q were made fresh along with endo so wat do u think the cot off can go so high ....wat score u r getting
  41. karan85hp

karan85hp Guest

c folks..4 d onez who gave BHU 2009--d xam wz xactly like dis years' AIPG.almost 95 of 100 questions were straight lift 4rm previous AIPG questions n 4rm gowrishankar.but d topper scored 74%!
    d point here is,even xceptionaly well preparants fumble in d xamination hall,n no national xam paper setter would b setting d xam 2 sch a high cut off!!
    all in all 135-140 questions were repeat--agree.but people fail 2 build upon rest 50-60 questions.n obviously only a handful of students would shoot a bull's eye even in those 140 repeats(i mean 140 on 140)!!
    an average aspirant would have 85-95% accuracy in scoring d repeated questions!!
    so guys 4rm my perspectv nthn 2 worry as 4 nw..my analysis says any score of 68% or above can just get u in there!!!
    so keep ur fingers crossed!!!
  42. Guest

Guest Guest

good analysis...mr.karan...
  43. YA karan well said, even repeat questions were not sure shot, so much misleading answers in many books, well for guest(sorry u didnt display any name) m getting about 140 sure shot rest 36doubt and 15 sure wrong, but that doubts will remain doubt forever i think, so not to worry about answers, just pray that all india think the way we thought in exam :)
    so guest are u giving any other entrance?
  44. Guest

Guest Guest

but what is the answer??????????
    dr.bhaumik
  45. Guest

Guest Guest

@ bhaumik

R 3 reflex......
    but i guess now.....m changing my answer to facial pain ......dont know yaar......just now convinced with the facial pain answer.........getting some sureshot references......lets c ....still searching for the perfect answer.....
  46. Guest

Guest Guest

@spreading smiles ......i am giving rajasthan state entrnce which has 1 seat.......and wat about u
  47. Just one seat, god save us..,:)
    well m giving comedk nd mine punjab state whose date is yet not out, this is my first and last time for appearing in pg entrance, there are very less options for us dental graduates, still i wont waste one more year for mds, nowadays even mds people are not getting their worth,...any of your friend or known getting answers correct more than you? Means expected more than 75% net?
  48. karan85hp

karan85hp Guest

Q.To check objective pain response,which is best used?

(a)Facial pain scale
    (b)H Reflex
    (c)knee jerk reflex
    (d)R III reflex

ANS:(a)-Facial pain reflex.

REF: Pain scale measures a patient's pain intensity or other features. Pain scales are based on self-report, observational (behavioral), or physiological data. Self-report is considered primary and should be obtained if possible.

Examples of pain scales:
    Self-report Observational Physiological
    Infant — Premature Infant Pain Profile; Neonatal/Infant Pain Scale —
    Child Faces Pain Scale - Revised; Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale; Coloured Analogue Scale FLACC (Face Legs Arms Cry Consolability Scale); CHEOPS (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario Pain Scale) Comfort
    Adult Numerical Rating Scale (NRS-11, NRS-101); Visual Analog Scale; Brief Pain Inventory.

this ref is 4rm an internet site.i couldnt post d address here as this site doesnt allow spam!!
    so,this makes 1 thing clear that self-observational scale is the most objective scale for pain response.
    now coming 2 R III reflex:

"R III component of electricaly elicited blink reflex is present in patients with congenital insenstivity to pain as in hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy(HSAN)"--REF:journal of pain,vol.141/jan.2009

so it naturally rules out R III as an answer!

The other two options can be easily ruled out as following references make us believe so!

"knee jerk reflex helps maintain posture and balance"--REF:ganong/page 129/2nd ed.

"H reflex is used in assessment of fitness of astronauts"--REF:NASA website.

so,obviously they cant be used in assessing objective pain response.

happy
  49. Guest

Guest Guest

@spreadingsmiles ...a friend of mine is getting around 78% ....so u never know who will get it on 15th feb......anywaz study well for remainin exams ......ther r also realy good options .....al that mattters in the end is getting a seat wether it b any entrance exam .....
  50. Ya just MDS needed, thats true, but one thing my friend that the force and josh which i had earlier before aipg its not that for other exams now, dont know why, but nowadays no good sitting with concentration, god save...well nice talking to u, best of luck for the result and for your exam...do tell if any positive vibes are there..:)