Amc clinical exam info needed!!!..

Discussion in 'AMC Clinical Exam' started by meghna123, Nov 16, 2011.

1. meghna123

meghna123 Guest

:(.....i have to start vd ths exam prep...n hve no idea where to start frm!!...can nbdy help me vd this??!!...
    1..Most important question is WHICH COURSE I SUD ENROLL IN ??...i'm in melbourne...so tell me vch crse is bst for me (other thn our famous VM....) so that i can sail through safely....

2..How many months ov serious study do i need for d exam??...

3....Is it necesary to hve a study partneror can i do it on my own aswell??.

4....N last but not least.... which books and wt else study material do i need to study??....

lookin frwrd to quick reply frm u grt pple out thr..:)
    thnx..
  2. bookamc

bookamc Guest

Hi,

Here are your answers:

1. Best bridge course is ofcourse VMPF. Apart from it, RACGP is also good.

2. If you have good clinical experience and language, patient interaction and practical knowledge you can clear the exam with 2-3 months of preparation. Otherwise it may take long time.

3. It depends on you whether you can study alone or with a partner. It is advisable to have a study partner, but it always depends on your preparation style.

4. Study materials:

1. Best way to approach the AMC & CSA Clinical Exam cases.
    AMC Clinical Skills and Station wise Proforma for all the cases.
    (History taking, Physical Examination, Important Exam Cases and System wise proforma)
    2. Solved Past Papers for AMC Clinical exams.
    (More than 16 Recall papers over the past seven years including the latest 2010 papers)
    3. Bates' Guide to History Taking and Physical Examination
    Complete Book With Examination Videos DVDs (All systems)
    4. AMC Handbook Of Clinical Assessment (Latest)
    5. Tally NJ. O'Connor Clinical Examination: Syst Guide To Physical Diagnosis
    6. J.Murtagh Patient Education 3rd Ed
    7. Core Clinical Cases and 100 Clinical Cases.
    (Medicine, Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Ethics)
    8. USMLE Step 2 CS Videos
    9. Therapeutic Guidelines Full Set (14 subject set)
    10. Australian Medicines Handbook (eAMH) Full version
    11. Portable Review for Clinical Examination
    (CS Check Lists, First Aid for CS, Lange review for CS)
    12. Burkitt HG Quick CRG Essential Surgery: Problems Diagnosis And Management
    13. Devitt P, Barker J, Hamilton Craig C. Mitchell. Clinical Problems In General Medicine 2nd ed

All the above materials are available with me. Contact me by email for further details.

Regards,

amcbook @ gmail . com
  3. rubina mirza

rubina mirza New Member

please i need to buy AMC Handbook of Clinical Assessment .as soon as possible.if any one interested to sell his/her second hand book plz contact me on 0459363532 ,email rubina.rahat@yahoo.com