Amc mcq 2011

Discussion in 'Australian Medical Council (AMC) EXAM' started by Universal Soldier, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ANybody appeared in the Nov 2011 AMC MCQ exam? I did appear in London. It was quite tough man! The questions were very lengthy and I couldn't finish up leave alone review the marked questions. I am not clear about some of the questions..Guy...those who appeared..we could discuss and analyse some of the questions in this forum..if any body could recall up the questions...I will start with the picture questions...what was that picute of a man with the enlarged tense inflammed swelling over parotid region...I thot it was Acute suppurative parotitis..The dysphagia question with oesphageal narrowing..The nodular swelling over lip...The ECGs what were the diagnosi..?? Please put up ur thots and questions..help each other.
  2. mcs

mcs Guest

Hi do you need to resit? where are you located now?
  3. I am not sure..awaiting the results. I hope and pray that I make it.
  4. arfah

arfah Guest

nov 2011 exam

hi i also took the exam it was quite tough. time management was the major problem i am not sure what i did in the end .questions were very long and i had no time left to review but my questions were different from u .wish u good luck .for those who are preparing for the exam my advice would be to practice mcqs as much as possible.regards
  5. Where did u appear from Arifa? My centre was London. I actually finished the last 8 questions speedily coz of time constraints. I couldn't review the questions I marked for a second review. The only good sign was that prior to the last 8 questions that I did in a hurried way, I felt the assessment level of the questions getting v difficult. Some people say that according to the new CAT system if u experience that..it means probably u were doing well in the previous questions. I hope and pray we all make it through.May God help us all. Do keep us updated
  6. arfah

arfah Guest

i appeared from melbourne .i was slow in the beginning thats why i got stuck in the end .do you know what is the percentage required to pass?i had no time to think which question was difficult i just went on doing it .had you gone through the past recalls and vmpf course?did it helped?
  7. There is no known fixed pass percentage in the current new AMC CAT exam system. CAT implies Computer Adaptive Testing...meaning that the computer automatically puts up questions with varying difficulty levels...If you answer correctly the difficulty level increases and if u answer incorrectly it would throw an easier Q. Its said that if u manage to answer more than a certain no of difficult Qs u pass. I did study primarily AMC MCQ books, Kaplan and USMLE world step 2CK books. Yes, I did a few AMC recalls but not VMPF. I guess they weren't that useful.Let hope for the best.Do update us of ur results once they are out.
  8. There is no known fixed pass percentage in the current new AMC CAT exam system. CAT implies Computer Adaptive Testing...meaning that the computer automatically puts up questions with varying difficulty levels...If you answer correctly the difficulty level increases and if u answer incorrectly it would throw an easier Q. Its said that if u manage to answer more than a certain no of difficult Qs u pass. I did study primarily AMC MCQ books, Kaplan and USMLE world step 2CK books. Yes, I did a few AMC recalls but not VMPF. I guess they weren't that useful.Let hope for the best.Do update us of ur results once they are out.
  9. Change in Status - I Passed I suppose!!!

Just noted that my AMC login status has changed. Previously it stated awaiting results and now it says eligible for clinicals and I can futher go on and look up dates for clincals and apply. The official results are not yet posted on the results website. I guess I have passed man!!! Anybody noted similar change?? @Arfah...what about your status..did u notice any change??
  10. mcs

mcs Guest

friendly advice

Hi congratulations for those who passed and for those still preparing to sit I have some friendly advice. It is very important to study other things as well as the medical topics. Like you will read from others time management is very important and if you spend some time learning how to sit an exam and how read/interpret mcqs you will also find it very beneficial.

Good Luck