any news MRCS I 15JAN 2008?

Discussion in 'MRCS Forum' started by 3atres, Jan 16, 2008.

1. 3atres

3atres Guest

any news IMRCS 15JAN 2008?

Hi friends, how was yr exams, i hope u did well, i heared that part 1 was difficult and the time was short with regard to the new style.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

I found Part 2 rather difficult than Part 1 (I gave both)
    Yes, time was more in Part 2, but it was sufficient for part 1 even.

Any site where we can find the solved paper??
  3. AKalil

AKalil Guest

I thought part was rather hard. too much upper GI and ENT. Some questions were decent though. there is no solved paper website.
  4. rooh

rooh Guest

easy pass days are gone

i heared from trusted sources, that they will fail most of the candidates this time.....

pass rate will be no more than 10%...

mark required to pass will be around 88%

as surgery is getting more competitive, exams are meant to reflect the difficulty of getting a post........

good luck anyway.. :!:
  5. 3atres

3atres Guest

what do u mean by trusted sources ?!
    even if this is true, i think it will be for part 3 only.
    making the pass mark 88% is not logical, if they want highly competitive exams usually they increase the difficulty of the questions or consider negative marking for wrong answers. the pass mark will depend on a standard curve for individual questios. furthrmore, criteria for compitition to posts does not depend on pass mark. :!:
  6. dr.tanvir

dr.tanvir Guest

mrcs part1

last 2 times the pass mark was around 60%
    even in last sept10 it was <60%.remember then there were 20 MCQ(100marks) hat means if u r not 100% sure about the question U mark all as true.more or less u will find about 60% true.so U can easily get some gift marks .But its now beyond imagination . U hv to know the answr and only then U can expect a mark.so is very unlikely to achieve very high score,so how comes the question of 88% and moreover RCS never discloses suchthings as far I believe.what U people think?
  7. dr.tanvir

dr.tanvir Guest

mrcs part1

last 2 times the pass mark was around 60%
    even in last sept10 it was <60%.remember then there were 20 MCQs(100marks) hat means if u r not 100% sure about the question U mark all as true.more or less u will find about 60% true.so U can easily get some gift marks .But its now beyond imagination . U hv to know the answr and only then U can expect a mark.so its very unlikely to achieve very high score,so how comes the question of 88% and moreover RCS never discloses such things as far I believe.what U people think?
  8. 3atres

3atres Guest

yes my friend
    the current SPA style is more difficult, as only one mistake will zero the question. furthermore i never heared about an exam (in the history!) with a pass mark of 88% :shock: . however, few days and we will know the results. by the way is there any specific date for tha results?
  9. dr.tanvir

dr.tanvir Guest

its on 5th february
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

i have passed the last exam on 10 sept 07 ,the pass rate was 63%

so donot worry
  11. 3atres

3atres Guest

results out

part 1

Max mark 173
    Pass mark 94
    Pass mark percentage 54.34%
    Pass rate 60.26%
  12. Help needed

I had applied for MRCS 1,2 from Glasgow ( Center was New Delhi ) January 2008. Can anybody tell me the link to see the results, I could not find the result on their website.
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

I entered MRCS 2 on Jan 15 and did pretty well in the exam
    My results are withheld. There were no problems at all.
    I wonder if anyone knows why?
  14. hannahh

hannahh Guest

dr.taanveer

how many passed from UK
  15. 3atres

3atres Guest

Part 2 January 2008 MCQ Results

Part 2 January 2008 MCQ Results

Max mark 173
    Pass mark 124
    Pass mark percentage 71.68%
    Pass rate 53.84%

the pass mark is high ( 71.68% ) was the exam easy or is it the usual pass mark?