any one who sat for MRCP MAY 2007 NEED TO DISCUSS?

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by ana, May 16, 2007.

1. Med sri

Med sri Guest

Goserelin is an GnRH analogue. It is chemically similar to the body's natural GnRH though it has a greatly extended half-life. After administration, peak serum concentrations are reached in about two hours. It rapidly binds to the GnRH receptor cells in the pituitary gland thus leading to an initial increase in production of luteinizing hormone and thus leading to an initial increase in the production of corresponding sex hormones. Eventually, after a period of about 14-21 days, production of LH is greatly reduced due to receptor downregulation, and sex hormones are generally reduced to castrate levels.[3]
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

1) Melanosis coli is caused by laxative senna(anthroquinone group of laxatives)which also include cascara sagrada)...refernce K.D TRIPATHI...Pharmacology...page n0.613....5th edition

2)Severity of Aaortic stenosis...following features indicate it.
    a)symptoms of syncope or LVF
    b)presence of S4
    c)soft single S2 or parodoxically split A2
    d)late peaking of long murmur
    e)valve area less than 0.5 sq cm on echo
    f)presence of precordial thrill..these are all the features...ref..karla

In exam the option was presence of S4.

3) i am sure there was a question regarding kdney angiomyolipoma...the answer was tuberous sclerosis.

4) there was question with the features..calcinosis,raynauds,eosphageal dysmotility,sclerodactyly,telengiectasia...which antibody....anti centromere.......
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

1)Post delivery..there was a case of cortical thromophlebitis

2)Parietal lobe feature:inferior homonymous quantropia

3)Hyperacute graft rejection..i wrote IgM....but i thnk the right answer is IgG..as there are preformed antibodies....i checked on the internet also...and found it to be IgG in most articles..

4)Pt with features of giant cell arteritis...prednisolone to be started befor even temporal biopsy

5)Osteoarthritis: frst drug to be used is paracetomol
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey all of yull..another important thing which i noticed there were two versions of the paper...with differnt questons....especialy paper 1 ...i had made one freind during the exam..wen we discussed in the break...a few questions were different in papaer 1 .
  5. DOC-KASH

DOC-KASH Guest

YAR I THINK THERE ARE TWO PAPERS WHICH HAVE ABOUT 6 QUESTIONS DIFFRENT.THIS I GOT TO KNOW ON THE EXAM DAY
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

i personally found January exam difficult,but as people generally are not agreeing with me,i can be wrong and my assessment may be based on misjudgment,i had 57.95 that time,how did i got a fraction of mark .95 ,i don't know,may be my friend is true that different questions have different marks
    lets pray for a better situation this time
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

oh i remember ,i think the reason is that all questions are not counted towards result,now i remember the total questions counted for result were i think not 200 but 196 or 198 thats why marks come in fractions
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

to guest uk

the obese female can also imply a diabetic, i worked in dermat before the number of patients with acnthosis in dm and pcos is definitely outnumbered hypothyroidism
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

1)Myelofibrois:presenting symptom is fatigue(lasstitude)

2)HIV....watery diarrhoea:cryptosporidium
    Bloody diarrhoea:cytomegalovirus

3)patient with weight gain,sweating:insulinoma

4)patient with past history of angioplasty done,Patient gets breathlessness on lying down: LVFailure

5)there was one answer of uncompensated respiratory acidosis

6)lower zone fibrosis question:asbestosis

7)a case of recurrent DVT,antiphospholipid syndrome: Life long warfarin

If first attack: then 6 months warfarin

8)SLE associated with lymphopenia

9)Patient with azoospermia,do karyotyping

10)Patient having falls after laughing(emotional): Cataplexy
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

drug to increasing HDL

Niacin useful for increasing the HDL Levels.
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Anti Lipid

The best rx for post MI pt with what ever reading of the lipid value is Statin. Refer Kalra,statin reduces mortality as shown by studies.
  12. guest uk

guest uk Guest

hi, The result is going to be announce on the monday may the 11th.. Be ready
  13. guest uk

guest uk Guest

sorry ,on 11th of june,
  14. eafreen

eafreen Guest

best of luck

i wish all of u who have attempted mrcp 1 MAY best of luck , praying for all sincere efforts ..........

kindly post ur question with answers after result declared

thanx
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

yes best of luck for all
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

friends
    result is expected tommorow
    May Allah Pass us all
    Ameen
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

result 58.89.. and i pass thanks to Almighty Allah
  18. SMA

SMA Guest

From where did u find out ur result. I cannot find it at the mrcpuk site.
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

r u sure u mean may 2007 exam? how did u get the result?
  20. guest123

guest123 Guest

Exuse me where is the result? it is not on the mrcp site... i think that it will be announced 5 p m u k time today, as usually... May Allaha pass all ..Ameen
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

hellow every body i wish all the best, r u sure that the results will be ready today? because they said it will be dispatched on the week commencing 11/6/2007? :wink:
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

results are ready in the site
  23. guest123

guest123 Guest

u right, i was going through the web site and i come across the same, the week commencing.. so now it is not clear waither today or tomarrow, but if it will releas today then it will be round about 5 to 6 p m.
  24. his22333

his22333 Guest

if the website before the result becomes official lets you reapply for part one does that mean you have not cleared it this time..
  25. Guest

Guest Guest

I got my results.I failed. Pass mark 62.05, I got 57.44 only
  26. drzerocool

drzerocool Guest

where did u get the detailed marks from? i also failed....aaaaaaaah
  27. Guest

Guest Guest

i was also searching about my mark because i failed the exam too...............if u have any infromation plz i am waiting
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

Register for MRCP online account and u can see your detail marks
  29. guest u k

guest u k Guest

Thanks God, i passed
  30. vikes

vikes Guest

can any overseas people see there results cause i cant!!!
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks for the information, i registered and i got 57.44. this is my first attempt, how can i pass MRCP? is this is a bad result for first time?
  32. Guest

Guest Guest

I also failed,got 57.44 at first atempt at MRCP. But ,I feel ok with the result. I realized my mistakes. Most of it can be avoided if I studied Oxford handbook of medicine and Kalra MRCP Revision Notes.
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

i think not bad for first time,i also got 57.95 percent last time(pass 60 percent) now got through with 69.23 percent thanks God
  34. guest uk

guest uk Guest

Thanks God, i got through, can any one tell what is the passing cut off this time
  35. guest uk

guest uk Guest

57.7 is a lot of marks on first time, i got 54.87 last time and passed this time... u people can do it.. do not disappointe... good luck
  36. Guest

Guest Guest

pass marks r 62.05
    i got 60.95 :(
    Allah malik hai
  37. guest uk

guest uk Guest

it hurt me a bit guest that u failed by just one percent, all that u can do now to apply for the another exame and i m sure that u will get through next time... May allaha give u the courge.. because i have been went through the same situation...
  38. Guest

Guest Guest

I PASS TOO! Wow, the passing mark is so high! I login to my online My MRCP , but where do i check the exact marks?
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

I got 69.74%. Not bad for a first attempt. For my secrets, pm me.
  40. eafreen

eafreen Guest

congrats all who have passed ... and 69.7 is a big score wow .... kindly upload ur questions with answers for helping all those who r planning to attempt september one ....
  41. vikes

vikes Guest

finally i am through!!!

I just wanna thank everyone on the forum , i think each contribution makes a difference.

My experience says as many mcqs you can do will help with kalra as your basix text book to refer to.

Emrcp, mrcpass- free qs, onexamination all are excellent and essential.

Good luck to everyone
  42. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree this is an EXTRA tough exam compared to last diets. So it surprises me to see the passing mark of more than 60%.

Any how, for those who fail. Dun give up. The key is to keep trying harder and smarter.

the royal college is really making this a HIGH STANDARD exam.

ok. back to mcqs again.
  43. Guest

Guest Guest

I passed, but only just
    I got the exact pass mark 62.05% :eek:

at my previous attempt I got 53% so don't fret if it's your first time

bad luck to those who failed. I myself found out today that I failed the MRCP Ireland Part 1 by 0.45% (I got 66.75% and the pass mark was 67.2%) but at last some good news :D
  44. Guest

Guest Guest

:D :D :D

I passed with 77.44%

:D :D :D

See you ...
  45. guest uk

guest uk Guest

Alhamdulliha, i have passed my exame with 68.25 which i can,t believe.. i was expecting round about 60 to 62, i was thinking of cardiology the worst one but i got 14 out of 15 in cardiology... amazing... i was thinking the haematology one of the best one and i got 6 out of 12... do not understatnd... Any how i m tooooooooooo happy... may Allaha pass all. thanks
  46. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi

if we passed the May part 1 can we sit the July part 2 written? Online it says we can apply but at the same time it is allowing me to apply for part 1 also. Or do we have to wait until the next diet ie November..?
  47. vikes

vikes Guest

i am not sure.

but would you guys like to discuss what books to start from for part 2 and what would be the best method for preparing for the next diet?
  48. Guest

Guest Guest

:D can anybody tell me how is the book "Essential Lists for MRCP by Staurt McPherson? can i rely largely on this? or do i need to do Kalra & OHCM as well?
  49. eafreen

eafreen Guest

kindly help

all those who have passed kindly extend your hands for help ... is kalra and onexamination and emrcp enough for preprations or we need to study OHCM as well ??
    so nice of all those who reply

also let me know where shud we read clinical medicine and psycology from ??
  50. khan 23

khan 23 Guest

i think, kalra, emrcp and onexamination is more than enough and i m sure that u will through the exame if u will do it twice, as i did the same and got 68.25 percent.