[b]Funny brits, how to survive in UK......[/b]

Discussion in 'Post PLAB / Interviews / Locum' started by Justice, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justice

Justice Guest

I am starting a new thread, for all those working in the UK to share their experience with one another. This is to show how the brits are and how to tackle them, and mainly how to cope living in this country. You can share your funny moments and share a giggle!

1) When I first came to this country, my first job was up north. The first question they would ask is Do you like this place? Next they would ask when are you going back?

I would answer that I like this place so much that I am not going back! You should see the reaction on their faces!

2) When some one asks money for buying a present for some one leaving the dept, initially i used to give 5 to 10 pounds. I thought it was like india, where i used to give 50 - 100 rupees. They were surprised and some would ask are you sure and do you want some change back.

One day i saw a consultant giving 50 p. I was surprised and shocked and since then became smarter. I know of some consultant giving pennies!

3) I was once invited to a birthday party to restaurant. I thought of all the b'day parties in india thinking of enjoying some nice food.

When I went there I was surprised that every one had to buy their own drink. We had some think to eat, and i thought the b'day boy will pay, but we all had to pay for our own food. Later on i went to a wedding where i had to buy my own drink.

4) In india when anyone come to their house you offer something to eat atleast a cup of drink. Brits dont invite you to their home, or even if you go they wont offer anything. If you by any chance invite them, they will hog food unshamedly. You just have to see the drug rep dinners.

They visit their own parents once a year and fix an appointment before visiting them.

More later!
  2. Romila

Romila Guest

I worked for three years as a SpR in a famous teaching hospital in south west England. The clinical director who was also my educational supervisor wore the same shirt, tie and same pair of trouser every single day . I watched him for 3 years. There was no variation in the colour or quality of his outfit. I kept wondering if he had two pairs of same coloured shirt and trouser. It remains a mystery how he managed to wash them? (No he did not stink). Now I work in a different hospital. I bumped into this Consultant in a clinical meeting. He was wearing the same shirt, tie and trouser.
  3. Yeah, I agree, i went to a nurse,s marriage.. had to drive 2 hrs, as she was marrying is some distant resort in countryside. Spend 20 pounds on petrol. Gave her 20 pounds as "gift" as we have "shagun" in india. But on reaching there i was amazed to see that we had to contribute for the drinks. Since i had only a 20 pound note, i parted away with it. There was no food or snacks.
    So i ended up spending 60 pounds for 2 pints of beer without any food. i ate some bread after reaching home at night. so friends be cautious if somebody invites you!!
  4. docsara

docsara Guest

i cant believe at the contect of this thread at i am more astonished that pple are replying in a positive manner...first of all this forum is not for such talks...secondly how can u accuse britains to be racist when u guys are nothing more than exactly that..every nation has its own highs and lows..they may have customs that we dislike and we may have some that they do but does that mean we esp as doctors should be having a giggle about it? i mean its true wat they did to img isnt exactly fair but as a nation they allowed us to come and work equally....we as pakis and indis donot and would not any other national to come and stay with us on equal basis...we are extremely biased...an example of which u r showing in this thread!
  5. Doc Meena

Doc Meena Guest

Justice Congrats,

You up lightened up the mood of the forum. We have already read dozens of abusive comments from Brits and Europeans in this forum . Atleast in this thread we can enjoy ourselves have a good laugh. Many rich Asian doctors specially from India are going through these comments. Can you imagine the kind of impression this will have on the elites of India? No one will dream of coming to UK for holiday or training.
    Brits get fun out of highlighing poverty and poor living condition of certain section of Asian life. Now the ugly, dirty side of Britain is exposed to the world . Keep up the good work
  6. qe

qe Guest

Dr Sara wrote:

we as pakis and indis donot and would not any other national to come and stay with us on equal basis...

I dont even believe you are an asian,No Indian or Pakistani likes to be called Indi or Paki,these words were given by you to us asians,we still call eachother Indians and Pakistanis.

The reason why we wont allow anyone to come,more realistically speaking ppl wont come is because we are still in phase of progress and fact is we were robbed by you know who who make us 3rd world couuntries .
  7. I must admit I am quite shocked that asians would start a post just to make fun of the english culture and way of life.

These are people who were supposed to come here,get trained and go back home.

You are instead insulting us for giving you the chance to leave your poor and starving countries,get excellent PG training and even live in our society.

This is the reason why parties like the BNP will continue to grow stronger!!

We really need stronger immigration rules in order to get rid of you lot.
  8. ASHAMED!!

ASHAMED!! Guest

JUSTICE SHAME ON YOU!!!

FIRST OF ALL U SHUD NOT BE DISCUSSING THIS IN AN EDUCATIONAL FORUM.

I AM A BRITISH BORN OF ASIAN ETHNIC ORIGIN AND PROUD TO BE SO!! BUT ITS PEOPL LIKE U WHO GV US ASIANS A BAD NAME.

FIRST OF ALL NO ONE ASKED U TO COME HERE AND NO WAY DO U HV TH ERGHT OF CRITICIZING THESE PEOPLE,EVERY COUNTRY HAS THERE OWN CULTURE AND WE MUST ACCEPT THAT...

IF I SATRT LISTING THE QUALITIES YOU SMELLY INDIAN HAVE THEN THE LIST WILL BE SOOOOOOOO LONG THAT THE WORLDS PAPER SUPPLY WILL BE LOW!

UR THICK ACCENT SAYING "ES" FOR YES

UR HEAD NODDING? HOW WILL PEOPLE UNDERSTAND U AGREEING OR DISAGRREIN FROM UR HEAD MOVEMENY.

UR SMELLY OILY AND CURRY FLAVOUR THROUGH OUT THE ROOM CONTAMINATES.

UR SHOES ARE SO UNMATCHING WITH CLOTHES THATS ITS IMPOSSIBLY A JOKE.

THEN UR ATTITUDE TO STCK AND BE LIKE AN ENGLISH COLLEAGUE IS THE WORST PART U GUYS WANNA MIMICK THE BRITISH ACCENT AND ARE SO PROUD TO TELL UR FRENS THAT U HAVE A WHITE FREND!

THE LIST CONTINUES BUT I HV BETTER THINGS TO DO........

PAKIS AND INDIS PLEASE LEAVE AS WE DO NOT WANT U HERE AT ALL,IF I HAD THE RGHT I WOULD BEG GMC TO GET RID OF U ALL AND STRONGER IMMIGRATION RULES SHUD IMPLY ESPECIALLLY TO HYPOCRITES AND UNGRATEFUL PEOPL LIKE U!

GOD PROTECT US FROM THIS KIND OF PEOPLE.
  9. dr mazumdar

dr mazumdar Guest

sorry to note

hello ashamed,
    it's nice to read your post, indians and pakis at least have the courage to imitate which require guts!!1 .good thing, copying in life is no crime but before abusing these clans please correct your spelling or else immigration department will chuck you out -an advice
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

I can't believe indians and pakistanis can laugh at the british.
    :shock:

Imagine a race of backward and poor people with dark skins insulting their superiors.

These are people so backward they still arrange marriages.

They can't speak english very well even after 40 years here.

They smell like cow dung and are mostly very ugly.

The most irritating thing is that they always shake their heads as if some nut has come loose somewhere. :)

Bloody hell,why ever did the uk allow you inferior races to ever come here?

I think all of you should be packed up like sardines and shipped back to the hell holes you call your countries.

Bloody asian trash :!:
  11. Justice

Justice Guest

Truth is a bitter pill

The brits love to make fun of all others, and are only too glad to point out the poverty and problems in the thirld world countries. But when others highlight their deficiencies they accuse us of racism. We are merely stating the facts, why do you get offended .. of course truth is a bitter pill and hard to swallow.

Do you know the later generation asian-brits are called COCONUTS.... They are brown on the out side and act like white on the inside. They are worse than the locals as they act and behave like one of them, infact however hard they try they will not be accepted as one among them and are treated badly by the whites.

Have you watched "Goodness Gracious Me" on BBC, its so funny in which the later generation asians take the mickey out of the brits.

Facts about britain:

1) The English hate the Welsh and the Scots due to age long animosity and racisim is rife among themselves, let alone the asians or blacks.

2) Brits have the highest teenage pregnancy in europe.

3) In 2003, more than 350K migrated out and more than 500K migrated in to the country. Its predicted that in 50-100 years the locals will be minority. When Turkey(150m) joins the EU, Muslim be the dominant religion. Statistically 30% is the magic figure for any minority to become majority, and will happen in the not too distant future, you can just stand and watch your neighbour change.

There no point in closing the door after the horse has bolted, hundreds of illegal immigrants, including rapists, criminals and drug dealers are pouring into the country and granted asylum...one have to just read the news paper. The russian, chinese and east european mafia have taken over. If you walk on th streets of london, every other person is an immigrant. Most of them look like europeans, but don't speak a word of english.

4) All manufacturing co's are closing down and gone to china or taken over by foreigners.

more later!
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Justice it was really a nice thing to do.
    and u Mr.Ashamed u now one more thing we call all the Asian born British citizens as coconuts,different from outside and inside,confused lots.I kow u must have liked this.please convey to your friends and one more thing i bet your parents must be as smelly as we asians are with thick accent,no dress sense,copying the british as hard as they can throughout their life.
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah,

I hate the asians too.

They are responsible for the present job situation.

DEPORT ALL ASIANS.
  14. Enough of nonsense, i would want to adress all fellow countrymen from subcontinent. Dont let any white shithead take you for granted. This is "AIPPG" website i.e.All india Pre PG.. so take your dirty bums and get out. You want to enslave asians.. do u have money for that.. for a petty 2000- 3000 pounds per month, you think you are rich.. Most indians can buy you easily now.. you know who is the richest brit.. Mr LN mittal, he can F****** buy your whole NHS without a squeal.
    Most of you stink.. what to talk of taking a bath you dont even wipe your ass properly. You were the ones who looted the whole world and now trying to play saint.. búll shit.
    Some 10-15000 doctors who had come here in search of a supposedly better career and are suddenly entangled in this racist shit, does not mean that you have a right to speak anything about india.
    I firmly believe that anybody who does an indian pg and starts a practise in India can comfortably earn much more than what doctors earn here.
    My advice to all fellow indians.. please leave uk for these chaps and come back to india or go to US at least you will be valued for your talent. Admit it that brits still have an imperialist idiology. Memeberships have no value in india, dont waste money on it.
    The training here is a big hoax. . They are training nurses to do surgeries and they are trying to call us thickheads.. very amusing. Some dont like our accents, but they want some non english speaking europeans better than us, who incidentally dont even have an accent.. ha ha . the list is unending.
    Some coconut was complaining about indians not being thankful to UK for having allowed them to come here at first place.. what the f***. Iam amazed at the pathetic mentalities. Your govt was short of doctors so they employed doctors from all over the world.. In the middle of these doctors getting trained you govt acts smart and tries to throw these doctors out.. and you still feel that these people should be thankful... When their entire future plans have been delibirately demolished.
    Lets live with dignity and pride.. plan your future in long term . This country has nothing to offer.. I know a lot many asian consultants who have given their sincere services to NHS, infact indian consultants have had a big role in susutaining the NHS. But this is not the country which will value your comptency and sincerity. It is a hypocritic society with a filthy mindset. So Save yourself.
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

Please leave the UK,you savages.

Things were nice here until you all came here.

NOBODY WANTS YOU.

THE GOVT. IS TIRED OF ALL OF YOU.

YOU ARE ALL SO DESPERATE TO MAKE A LIVING IN THE CIVILISED WORLD.

YET YOU ARE ALL STILL A BUNCH OF SAVAGE BEASTS.

PLEASE LEAVE SO THAT THERE CAN BE SOME ORDER IN THE MEDICAL FIELD.

BY THE WAY,NONE OF YOU WITH YOUR THICK ACCENTS CAN EVEN COMMUNICATE WELL IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

I PREFER THE EUROPEANS WHO ARE MUCH MORE BETTER AT LEARNING THE LANGUAGE.

TALKING OF RICH PEOPLE,JUST ONE OR TWO OF YOU ARE ACTUALLY RICH.

THE REST OF YOU ARE ONE MASS OF ILLITERATE,STARVING,IGNORANT,TIMID,INFERIOR AND INCREDIBLY STUPID PIECES OF SHIT.

:lol:
  16. Enjoy Life

Enjoy Life Guest

You want us to leave your country. You must be joking. Thousands and thousands of us will come into your country. YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. We are earning pounds and having all the fun. Brits will be polishing Asian shoes in their own country. I am working in your country as a Consultant and enjoying myself. YOU CANNOT STOP ME CAN YOU? I see filthy white beggars in the streets of London and feel sorry for them. I sleep with white women for fun. I dont even take them seriously.These women are so greedy just for gifts from a rich Asian guy they come running after me.
  17. Sincerely

Sincerely Guest

Lolzzzzz, what a forum, makes me laugh so so much :ROTL

Well, as far as wealth is concerned, i have seen Whites begging in London Undergrounds and Asians living in Castles in Kensington! It can be vice versa at other places!

I am a Coconut, yes, n frankly niether proud of it nor ashamed, m what i am, confused or whatever, m not gona give a S**t!

Wherever people work, they sell their services, and employers (including Governmenrts) dont do any favours to their employees, niether receive any from their employees! Its simple give n take, nobody would employ you if you are not required, its job, not charity

I know i will never become a British, though i am third generation British born, my ethnic category will officially remain "Pakistani or British Pakistani", but do i care?

I might go to someother country, not because i was maltreated here, but i just wana go, whatever reason

All i know, i would have been the same bloke, irrespective of the place where i was born, i was born as a Human being and will eventually die same, not a "British" or a "Pakistani"

You guys continue, atleast some ppl will enjoy seeing a bunch of racist freaks slashing mud at each other.

Cheers!
  18. Of course you won't take white girls seriously because your parents and grandparents have arranged a cow faced idiot for you to marry back home.

You probably don't know the idiot's name.

All you know is that she is going to be your wife.

The white girls you are sleeping with can also never take you seriously and only want your money.

Know why?

Because you are an asian/coloured piece of shit!

The point I actually wanted to make is that permit free training has been stopped.

Next in line is the HSMP.

After that,those of you remaining will probably be deported back to stinking jungles in india and pakistan.
  19. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I have seen so many whites flocking gulf countries for money.. So its all about money honey :) .
    Its a universal phenomena.. the whole world is an open market.. accept it or perish.. Sick racist comments wont change facts. People who are trained in this country, be it asians or whites are a valuable resource if they are doing their duties nicely, If you forcibly want to evict them or make them take staff grade posts, which they dont deserve, they,ll desert you. No body can stop a talented man from shining. So in long term.. who is at loss.. the asian doctors or the NHS.
  20. There are atleast twelve Asian consultants in this small locality. From our arranged marriages each family will produce five kids. So in next six years sixty (60) Asian kids will be running around in this British locality. This is how Asian population will grow in this country. Remember we all have permanent jobs. No one can touch us. So all you perverted lazy white Brits can leave UK with your girlfriends. May be the jungles of Africa is the right place for the whole lot of you. There you can produce your illegimate kids.
  21. Guest to UK

Guest to UK Guest

I have read with some interest the messages posted in this forum and have taken some time today to write back.

Honestly a lot of us are going through some of the most frustrating periods in our lives. As a PPUD who has been here for more than a year without a training job, I have gone through a lot myself. What I find surprising however is that we still exchange abuses and more so that some even make such racist statements as Europe for Europeans. I have thus decided to give my humble advice to soem of the PPUDs who are in this forum as they seem to be the most vulnurable.

You are talented and intelligent. This is just one hurdle in this complex game of life. Forget about it and move on.

Now if you have decided to move on here is how you go about it. Take a look at what you have lost and what you are still loosing. A lot of us have lost finances and can only get it back with time,(but to get it back you have to move on). What we are still loosing is time (you can only stop loosing time when you have moved out of the disillusionment that we are all facing here). To stop this you must think of the next step in your life and once you are satisfied with that then you won't have much time to sit in this forum moaning or hurling abuses or whatever.

Lastly do not think that the only solution to your problems must lie here in Europe or that without the training here you cannot move on with your career or that the training is so superior you cannot function as a doctor without it. Or lastly that because you have come here you must get what you want. Or worse still that because you can't get what you came here to do you must insult those who are permitted to get it.

Our countries need us so badly and do treat us with the respect that is due. If all the European professionals had left Europe for the Americas during the time America was rapidly growing in the past centuries we will not have met what we see in England. I think the Medicine practised in our poor nations suits the particular purpose, which is to save lives and prevent illness. We are a bit backwards in our technology but we are advancing and honestly things are changing faster than we know it. We all have roles to play there. With time we will all have our milestones in this long journey. I think we must first see the need to move on and build from somewhere first.

I think we should also remove from our minds the myth that to be a good physician we must have the royal college exams etc. Personally I sat for and passed the MRCPCH part 1 without attending the thousands of courses organised to rob us of our money. These are exams that are made to assess progress during training here and to prepare you for the next stage. However as a result of our rather silly assumption that they are necessary for any other thing we want in life we are being senselessly plundered again.

Wake up guys and move on. Once you do that you won't have time to sit here reading through some of the sick minds in this forum hurling abuses at you.
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

COCONUT COCONUT KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT,
    KEEP CLEAN YOUR ASSES AND YOUR BUTT,
    ORELSE YOU WILL GET AN INFECTION
    AND FACE A REJECTION
    THEY WILL SEND A REPORT
    AND YOU WILL GET VERY SOON DEPORT. :lol:
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

If you want to stay,stay and stop complaining,darkskin.
  24. x

x Guest

What I think is interesting is the fact that this topic was started after the new laws. Why not before? Maybe because the hand has just stopped feeding you and all you can do now is bite it (or at least bark)?

It is hillarious to say that brits have made money because of Indians or other immigrants (like myself) when the salaries here are the highest in Europe. And if anyone made a lot of money are indians who were keeping all the PLAB courses in London. Slaves to own kind?

The bottom line is that noone asked you to come here. YOU came here by yourself. If it would have been better (training or money or whatever) in your own home you would not have left, would you?

So stop complaining and being pussies!

And to bite the hand that fed you is a mad dog's action. Think about that!
  25. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmm,

there seems to be a fight going on.

Well,I must take a side shouldn't I?

I am not asian but I am not white either so which side should I join?

Ahaaaaa,my fiancee is a white british and I have to defend her people!!

Besides,the asians have pretty messed up the job situation in this country so I don't like them very much.

Here goes:

I HATE THE ASIANS,I HATE THE ASIANS.

ASIANS ARE BLOODY BARBARIC SAVAGES.

STAY HERE IF YOU LIKE OR GO BACK HOME BUT YOU ARE ALL STILL BLOODY SAVAGES.

:ROTL
  26. Friends 450

Friends 450 Guest

Friends take care of yourself

This is a current news from Devon News weekly. After reading this news I am worried for all Asian doctors. You should understand that you are living in a dangerous country. It is amply clear who are the SAVAGE PEOPLE. Please be careful and take care of yourself.

ASIAN FAMILY'S CAR VANDALISED IN RACIST ATTACK
    Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list
    Be the first reader to comment on this story

11:00 - 12 June 2006
    Police are appealing for witnesses after an Asian family was the subject of a racist attack just days after moving into their new Westcountry home.

Prasad Thankappan and wife Liji had just begun to settle into their new house in Sherwell Lane in Torquay when vandals attacked their car.

Silver paint was sprayed on nearly every part of the car and racist words were etched into the metal.

Toddler Nandana's baby seat would have been clearly visible in the car at the time.

Mrs Thankappan, who works as a nurse, said she couldn't believe someone would go out of their way to cause damage to their family car.

She added: "Since we moved in, we have always parked the car 100 yards from the house. You don't expect anything like this to happen to you."

Police have moved quickly in a bid to catch the racist attackers and are now appealing for witnesses to come forward.

The incident, which has caused hundreds of pounds of damage, is thought to have occurred between 8pm on Tuesday and 8am on Wednesday. Anyone who can help is urged to ring 08452 777 444 and ask for PC Fairchild. The crime reference number is ft/06/5026
  27. asg

asg Guest

Report from Lancashire Evening Post:

Racist attack on terrified woman
    A skinhead thug forced a terrified Asian woman's head towards her knees before screaming racist abuse at her as she was shopping with her family in Lancaster.
    The attack happened at the St Nicholas Arcade shopping centre while the 42-year-old victim was walking with her mother and niece.

Four men stripped to the waist approached from the Great John Street direction and one of them, who was a little over 5ft tall, grabbed the woman's headscarf and hair and forced her head down towards her knees.

Det Sgt Sean Carthy, from Lancaster police, said: "Any member of the public should be able to go about their business without being subjected to this kind of disgusting attack.

"This was a completely unprovoked, mindless and unnecessary assault that has left the woman shaken and it was also distressing for her family who were stood next to her.

"It was a busy time on Saturday afternoon and there would have been a lot of shoppers in the area around at that time.

"Hopefully some of them will have seen what happened and who did this.

"Lancaster is not a racist city and this was an isolated incident."

He said police were studying CCTV footage of the four. The attacker is described as a white skinhead aged in his early 20s who had some teeth missing.

The group, all wearing tracksuit bottoms, walked off towards Cheapside after the incident at around 4.15pm on Saturday.

Lancashire Police said the woman had been left shocked by her ordeal.
    22 June 2006
    « Previous PageNext »
  28. asg

asg Guest

REPORT FROM icBerkshire.co.uk

Yobs push man into river as daughter feeds ducks Jun 16 2006

VICIOUS youths who pushed a young dad into the river as he filmed his daughter feeding the ducks are being sought by police.

They struck as the victim, who is in his thirties, filmed his daughter near the tea gardens in Barry Avenue, Windsor, at 6.30pm on Saturday, June 3.

Police think that people in the area must have seen or heard it, particularly as the little girl became upset after seeing her father pushed from behind into the river.

PC Philip Ashlee, investigating officer, said: "This was a totally unacceptable and irresponsible incident.

"The young girl was very distressed by what happened to her dad.

"I'm hoping that people will come forward and help us identify those responsible.

"The victim who is Asian and wears a turban, believes the incident was racially motivated."

The two offenders are described as white, 5ft 8in, and in their early twenties. One wore blue jeans with a yellow New Orleans motif on the right back pocket. He also wore a white T-shirt and a grey jumper.

His friend wore white shorts and a white T-shirt.

It is possible they were part of a larger group consisting of one other male and two females.

Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Ashlee on 08458 505505. If you don't wish to speak to police or give your name call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
  29. x

x Guest

The fact that an indian person started a topic to denigrate the Brits is not a proof of racism? Hmmmm :?:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.