Capital Letters in IELTS

Discussion in 'IELTS Forum' started by Guest, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just took the IELTS exam today. Although I think that the most answers I gave to the listening section were correct, something worries me.
    I know that you must write the first letter of some specific words like the name of countries in capital letters (e.g.; England) in the answer sheet, but I’m wondering that if you used capital letters for other words in this manner, it would be considered wrong? For example if is the answer is "red meat" or "fieldwork" and you write them as "Red Meat or Red meat" and " Fieldwork" will test markers consider them wrong answerers. I'm very worried about it because some of my answerers are written in this style and there was nothing about it in the instructions written in the exam booklet. Does any one know the answere? :?:
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

nO IT'S NOT WRONG IF YOU HAVE DONE IT IN LISTENING PART (LISTENING ANS SHEET) BUT IF U HAVE DONE THIS IN WRITEN COMPONENT THEN ITS MISTAKE.
    TAKE CARE
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

oh Man, this is scary. I took the test on Jan 13 and wrote all the answers for Listening and Reading part in CAPITAL LETTERS. i.e RED MEAT, BHUTT

As the previous poster said, it is ok to write in listening and reading but not for writing. Good luck

Regards,

Ali
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I already asked the IELTS ESOL center and they answerd me which is written below for someone who may have the same question. (anyway how did you find the exam Ali, Did you take the speaking part?)

ESOL answer:

"Dear Sir or Madam

You may use either upper or lower case on your answer sheet. You will
    not be penalised for how you write an answer provided it is spelt
    correctly.

You are not, in fact, required to use upper case for proper nouns,
    although it is obviously good practice to get into this habit.

I hope that this answers your question sufficiently.

IELTS Exams Administrator
    Cambridge ESOL"
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,

Thanks for getting the official confirmation. I found the reading part hard coz of time restriction. I didnt prepare about the exam and i came to know of this forum after the exam. I need

Listening: 6.5
    Reading: 6.5
    Writing: 7
    Speaking: 7

My speaking , listening and writing went well. Hope to get required score. good luck

Ali
  6. vishal

vishal New Member

Hi buddy.I saw your post and wanted to ask you about your result.How much you got?Did this thing create a problem?