DCH(CPS) future prospectives,recognisatio by mci?dnb after c

Discussion in 'PG Entrance Message Board' started by Guest, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hi everybody i am new to ths forum n need URGENT HELP well i dint get a rank in all india,i have cleared dnb-1,a got 1800 rank in comedk.shall i take up dnb or a paid seat of diploma in dch or anesthesia.m toooooooooo confused pl. help.oh ya wat abt dch(cps) in maharashtra is it worth,will it be counted if i want to do dnb after cps(dch) what r my chances of getting htrough dnb parttwo after it?????????????????????????
  2. DNB OR CPS?

KHUZEMA,

IF YOU ARE GETTING THE 3 YEARS COURSE OF DNB IN PAEDIATRICS OR ANAESTHESIA, PLEASE TAKE IT STRAIGHTAWAY, BECAUSE A BIRD IN HAND IS WORTH 2 IN THE BUSH!

BESIDES, EVEN AFTER DOING 2 YEARS OF THE MCI RECOGNISED DCH(UNIVERSITY/CPS),YOU'LL ANYWAY HAVE TO DO DNB, WHICH WILL TAKE YOU ANOTHER 2 YEARS.

THE ONLY ADVANTAGE OF DOING A RECOGNISED DIPLOMA IS THAT THE DNB COURSE IS SHORTENED BY A YEAR & YOU DON'T HAVE TO APPEAR FOR DNB PART 1, WHICH YOU'VE CLEARED ALREADY.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  3. khuzema

khuzema Guest

cps(dch)

:) dear doc. asha thanks a lot for ur advise i really apreciate it.but i need to knw is dch(cps) not university recognised by mci or not?if i take up dnb peads strait away what r chances of clearing it in three years as dnb pass rate on a average is jas 15-20% if m not mistaken.pl.give ur views as this advise wud not only help me but hundreds of docs like me.thans in advance......... :? :?
  4. DNB OR CPS?

KHUZEMA,

AS FAR AS I KNOW, CPS DCH IS RECOGNISED BY MCI.

ABOUT PASSING DNB I KNOW THAT ITS STANDARD IS HIGH, BUT THEN IT HAS THE ADVANTAGE OF BEING RECOGNISED BY MCI, ALLOVER INDIA, AS WELL AS ABROAD.

SO I FEEL THAT YOU SHOULD OPT FOR DNB pAEDIATRICS STRAIGHTAWAY, INSTEAD OF GOING FOR IT AFTER DOING DCH, AS THAT DOESN'T GIVE YOU ANY ADDED ADVANTAGE.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  5. khuzema

khuzema Guest

dear dr.asha thanks

thanks a million for ur advise dr.asha well the only problem in taking up dnb is very low pass rate so i think i will opt for cps then gontinue with dnb as its going to cost me 1 exra year but getting dnb peads in a gud place is also not a garantee so rather than just hunting for a post i think i take up cps coz i am fed up with all this mental torture of exams.
    mam plz. do me last favour as u said cps dch is recognised is it a hearsay or u knw it for sure kindly help me out with it.1ce again a i appreciate ur intiative to reply bacck n help.will be waiting for ur reply. take care
  6. CPS DCH

Khuzema,

I myself had contacted the CPS office about recognition of their courses & I've been told that DCH & DGO are recognised by MCI.

If you want to have any further information & confirmation about these courses, please check with the CPS Secretary, Dr.Urmila Mehta.

Dr.A.J.Paidhungat.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

hello dr asha can u please tell the contact nm of cps center please if there is a official soit of it please let know mam
    well mam i have gone to mci office personally and they told me they have put a case file against center govn to derecognise cps around 3-4 yr back if it goes derecognised can we still join dnb as post diploma candidate as i think cps is fully recognised in maharastra by mmc please help out mam soon
  8. CPS DNB

HELLO,

PLEASE CONTACT THE SECRETARY OF CPS, DR.URMILA MEHTA, FOR ANY QUERRIES, IF THE CLERKS AT THE CPS OFFICE, PAREL, MUMBAI-12, ARE UNABLE TO EXPLAIN ALL THE DETAILS THAT YOU WISH TO KNOW ABOUT CPS COURSES.THE CPS TELEPHONE NUMBER IS:022-24137915

ITS WEBSITE IS: www.cpsbombay@vsnl.com

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

thanxs alot mam but the site isnt working
    well u havent given infmation bout dn please do if u have any idea thank u
  10. CPS DNB

Hello,

Both CPS & Mumbai University are conducting various courses, like Degrees & Diplomas in different subjects.All Diplomas conducted by Mumbai University, are recognized by MMC, but that may not be so with MCI. The CPS office told me that their DCH & DGO are recognized by MCI.
    In the DNB Bulletin of Information, it is mentioned that the concerned M.B.B.S/M.D/M.S/Diploma, should be recognized by MCI/University.

So out of these PG courses, whatever is recognized by Mumbai University/MMC, will be agreeable to the DNB board. In case of CPS, these courses should be recognized by MCI, as the CPS is not affiliated to Mumbai University.These details can be obtained from the CPS office.

In case the Diploma in the respective subject is not recognized by either MCI/University, but you still wish to do DNB, you'll have to pass the DNB Primary Exam.Besides, you will have to work as a DNB Trainee for 3 years & not 2 years, like it is allowed for Diploma.

If you have any querry about these points, please check with the MCI/DNB, so that your application form is not rejected unnecessarily.

Dr.A.J.Paidhungat.
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

thank u mam well i should ask the dnb people bout this will they respond to the mail querries madam
  12. sutapaparui

sutapaparui Guest

cps eligibility

Iam from westbengal,I've done my deegre from Ukraine, am I eligible for cps ?I've got my permanent registration from mci.
  13. PG courses

Hello,

Yes, you're eligible to do further studies as well as to practice in India.For CPS course, presently one must complete the terms within Maharashtra & attend lectures in CPS!

At present the following CPS courses are recognized by MOHFW:-
    Diploma-DCH, DGO, DCP(&B)
    FCPS-Medicine, Surgery, OBGY, Patho, Dermatology, Ophthalmology.
    Of these, MCI recognizes only these 3 diplomas & FCPS only in OBGY & Ophthalmology!

Dr.Asha Paidhungat.
  14. drpriti

drpriti Guest

cps details

when do we ve to apply for cps courses? is the admission centralised or like dnb we ve to apply on our own? what is the fee structure like?
  15. CPS courses

Hello Priti,

Contact CPS office for application form & brochure of information, so that you'll get the list of teachers recognized for various courses.

Private hospitals, BARC, Port Trust & Railway hospitals are the ones who conduct the courses & advertise them in leading newspapers in June/July & in December/January.

As far as I know, they don't have any exorbitant/unofficial fee for these courses!

Dr.Asha Paidhungat.
  16. tranquil10

tranquil10 Guest

help help

please kindly tell me is the CPS-DCH recognised by MCI, or i can only practice in Mahrashtra as i heard that some controversy is goin on...... kindly help
  17. CPS courses

Hello,

MCI has recommended all CPS courses for derecognition now!

As CPS courses are not recognized even by MUHS University, I feel that there won't be exemption from DNB-CET or concession in DNB duration which is given for Secondary(post-Diploma) candidates!Check with NBE as MOHFW still mentions it as recognized, surprisingly!

However, you'll be able to practice only in Maharashtra with CPS courses.

Asha Paidhungat.
  18. DrRocky

DrRocky Guest

Cps dch

Good evening madam .
    i cleared dnb cet . I like pediatrics . But the passing as primary candidate is very low . So i thought of doing cps dch and then secondary dnb . Please clarify whether after cps dch i can do secondary dnb . I cant take risk as primary dnb . Please help madam
  19. DNB courses

Hello,

All CPS courses have been recommended for derecognition by MCI & all their admissions are said to have been stopped now, as per MCI website!

Recognition of CPS courses by NBE is rather doubtful in view of above! However, MOHFW website still shows it as a recognized college in its list!
    Neither is CPS affiliated to MUHS in Maharashtra, nor is it considered by MCI as a Deemed University, like Bharati Vidyapeeth & DYPMC!Its status on MCI website is of a licensing institution!

Check with NBE under RTI, whether CPS Diplomas are considered by them for Secondary DNB, as MOHFW still recognizes some CPS courses!
    Diplomas-DCH, DCP, DGO;
    Degrees/FCPS-Medicine, Surgery, OBGY, Patho, Dermat, Ophthalmology

Nowadays, as CPS has stopped considering terms done in public teaching hospitals for its courses, Private hospitals/colleges are the only option!

Asha Paidhungat.
  20. PG course

For those who have tried for PG course but not succeded are the diploma courses.
    If you heard about a pg course of DCH (DAWN) which is a UGC recognised. it is like the DAWN DGO course. It is available near Mumbai in Ambernath in Ashwani hospital ( Phone 0251-2603388 , 09822000478). If someone is interested in joining the course can contact the Director of the hospital Dr. Maheshwari. This course may become MCI recognised.
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

hellow madam

i want to do dawn dch, is it recognised by mci or not

dr devendra
  22. DAWN DIPLOMA COURSES

Hello,

As of today, these courses are not recognized by MCI!
    I'm not sure about their MMC or MUHS recognition, even if UGC may have(?) approved them!Hence doing Secondary DNB is out of question!

Asha Paidhungat.
  23. chintan

chintan Guest

secondary DNB in KAMINENI HOSPITAL , HYDERABAD

Respected sir/ madam

Is it worth to take secondary DNB- pediatrics at KAMINENI HOSPITAL ,HYDERABAD .They are also asking for donation of 2 lakhs
  24. softsameer

softsameer Guest

de-recognition & Certificate

Respected Asha Madam,

My brother has recently passed the DCH examination, resulted on 27th Nov 09 and on the same day has has also applied for MCI certificate in CPS college as per their form and process.

Now the letter has come to CPS office saying they are not allowed to issue any certificate.

The question that I have is from which date to which date they are not supposed to issue the certificate....what about those who has passed the examnination in past and has already teken the certificates...?

My brother has almost secured admission for DNB in one of the reputed institute however he will need the MCI recognition certificate. Kindly suggest what should be done.

You can contact me on 9833355536.
  25. dr.hemant

dr.hemant Guest

about cps ortho

hello madam
    hw much is a passing rate for DNB ortho /gen.surgery?
    is cps ortho worth enogh over DNB ortho primary?
  26. Guest

Guest Guest

dawn dch is bogus degree and it is not recognised by any body. forget mci. dawn dch and dawn dgo both are ways to fool students in the name of p.g. degree. after doing 2 years of these diplomas students are only considered as mbbs only. also it can be done by bams, bhms, bums students also. then whats the use of doing mbbs. dawn dch and dawn dgo are actually DIP. C.H. and DIP.G.O. but to fool people they write it as dch and dgo. local municipal corporation can treat you as a quack. if BAMS BHMS students can also do it then whats the use of doing mbbs.
    IT IS A DIPLOMA FROM KOLKATA, BENGAL AND MANY STUDENTS CALL DAWN DIP.C.H. AND DAWN D.G.O. AS BENGALI QUACK.
    those who have done it are working as residents only in hospitals. max payment seen is 10000 only. starting is 5000 only.
  27. dr suresh

dr suresh Guest

very good and authentic information. dont fall prey to DAWN DIP.C.H. AND DAWN DIP.G.O.
    you will end up as a resident in the hospital where you pursue your course. also those who come to know that you are not DCH OR DGO BUT ACTUALLY ARE DAWN DIP.C.H AND DIP.G.O. can blackmail you when you set up your practice. so stay away.[/b]
  28. dr suresh

dr suresh Guest

dawn dch is bogus degree and it is not recognised by any body. forget mci. dawn dch and dawn dgo both are ways to fool students in the name of p.g. degree. after doing 2 years of these diplomas students are only considered as mbbs only. also it can be done by bams, bhms, bums students also. then whats the use of doing mbbs. dawn dch and dawn dgo are actually DIP. C.H. and DIP.G.O. but to fool people they write it as dch and dgo. local municipal corporation can treat you as a quack. if BAMS BHMS students can also do it then whats the use of doing mbbs.
    IT IS A DIPLOMA FROM KOLKATA, BENGAL AND MANY STUDENTS CALL DAWN DIP.C.H. AND DAWN D.G.O. AS BENGALI QUACK.
    those who have done it are working as residents only in hospitals. max payment seen is 10000 only. starting is 5000 only
  29. dr suresh

dr suresh Guest

very good and authentic information. dont fall prey to DAWN DIP.C.H. AND DAWN DIP.G.O.
    you will end up as a resident in the hospital where you pursue your course. also those who come to know that you are not DCH OR DGO BUT ACTUALLY ARE DAWN DIP.C.H AND DIP.G.O. can blackmail you when you set up your practice. so stay away.
    [/b]
  30. Guest

Guest Guest

those who have done it are working as residents only in hospitals. max payment seen is 10000 only. starting is 5000 only
  31. guest565656

guest565656 Guest

dawn dch

DAWN DCH IS WORTH DEGREE.. I AM HAVING MY OWN SETUP AND NOT EARNIG LESS THAN 70000 PER MONTH.... SO REST IS UPTO U TO DECIDE.