EXAM CENTRE IN AUSTRALIA

Discussion in 'MRCS Forum' started by Australia, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Australia

Australia Guest

Is there any centre of MRCP/MRCS in Australia? I am a doctor,living in Sydney on student visa. Can i give MRCS/MRCP in Australia? any information?
  2. DNB Examination

can i give DNB examination in australia .please give me details
  3. zeena

zeena Guest

Is the MRCS recognised by australian Royal college of Surgen

Is the MRCS recognised by australian Royal college of Surgen, if any information? and if I have MRCS part 1, is this will be of benefit in assessin my speciality by the AMC? note that I passes the OET test.
    Thanks for your help.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi guys, the MRCS is recognised and is equivalent to the part 1 FRACS you have to make sure your jobs at the resident level can be accredited for basic surgical training and that you satisfy the the RACS conditions below(Excerpt from the RACS website). I dont think there are any MRCS centres in australia not sure about mrcp.

Exemption from the RACS Basic Surgical Training Program
    Please be advised as the rules stand at the moment, as an international medical graduate, to be eligible to apply for SST, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of either Australia or New Zealand, or have temporary partner/spouse visa status (with authority to work) and must have had their qualifications assessed as being equivalent to the College BST Program.(This condition about permanent residency might be changing this year , so keep an eye out)

If you wish to apply for an exemption from the College BST Program, you will need to submit original certified copies of your:

undergraduate and postgraduate certificates
    detailed curriculum vitae
    certificates of completion of the three skills courses:
    Emergency Management of Severe Trauma (EMST) Course or Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
    Basic Surgical Skills (BSS) Course
    Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCrISP) Course
    completed eight (8) weeks in an intensive care unit
    completed ten (10) weeks in an emergency department.
    Please forward your certified documentation to:

Department of International Medical Graduates & Assessment
    Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
    College of Surgeons' Gardens
    Spring Street
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    Australia

[/b]
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi guys, the MRCS is recognised and is equivalent to the part 1 FRACS you have to make sure your jobs at the resident level can be accredited for basic surgical training and that you satisfy the the RACS conditions below(Excerpt from the RACS website). I dont think there are any MRCS centres in australia not sure about mrcp.

Exemption from the RACS Basic Surgical Training Program
    Please be advised as the rules stand at the moment, as an international medical graduate, to be eligible to apply for SST, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of either Australia or New Zealand, or have temporary partner/spouse visa status (with authority to work) and must have had their qualifications assessed as being equivalent to the College BST Program.(This condition about permanent residency might be changing this year , so keep an eye out)

If you wish to apply for an exemption from the College BST Program, you will need to submit original certified copies of your:

undergraduate and postgraduate certificates
    detailed curriculum vitae
    certificates of completion of the three skills courses:
    Emergency Management of Severe Trauma (EMST) Course or Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
    Basic Surgical Skills (BSS) Course
    Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCrISP) Course
    completed eight (8) weeks in an intensive care unit
    completed ten (10) weeks in an emergency department.
    Please forward your certified documentation to:

Department of International Medical Graduates & Assessment
    Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
    College of Surgeons' Gardens
    Spring Street
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    Australia

[/b]
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

hello, iam a cardiothoracic resident and iam doing MRCS, just i want to know how i can work in cardiac surgery field in australia? thank you very much.