Important: Must know for non-EU Dentist planing to enter UK

Discussion in 'Dental PG MDS IQE MFDS ADC Exams' started by Guest, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all,
    I wanted to open this thread after doing a detailed study and visiting NACPDE, RCSE London.

TIP 1. Dentist can only work as dentist after permanent GDC registration on either work on HSMP or Workpermit if NHS posts are available.

As per current guidelines non-EU Dentists are not eligible for HSMP based on their degree only. You may be eligible for HSMP based on your earning in your native country for entering in UK. But that status will last for first year only. Once you have entered in UK and got a job you will not be eligible for automatic HSMP extension. Gidelines for extension are different. Please have a look.

You need atleast two UK based Dentsist recommedations under whom you have worked for atleast six month each before getting a job which will pay you enough for HSMP extension.

Mind you getiing HSMP from your country and getting it extended in UK are two different things. Latter is very difficult. You must be aware for latter before applying for prior.

If you think NHS/private Dental Institutes will apply for Workpermit then IMO you are a optimistic person and I will wish you good luck.

Thanks,
    Dr Jhataka
    Will Soon be updating with next tip
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

MFDS... Why??? What For????

I do not understand why people enroll themselve for tests like MFDS. Reason

Deliberately Projected Opinion: MFDS will help you to integrate with British dentist.
    Fact: MFDS does not add any value in eyes of GDC and you are not eligible for anything more than what you allready were in eyes of GDC. except that you can take the post of Dental Attachment in NHS. Please note that rules for DA post applies as per my previous update. Do a google search for DA job. You will immediately come to know the reality.

To get admission into PG courses no one needs MFDS as long as ur college is in GDC list of colleges for temporary registration. Colleges independently access you. MFDS adds your chances of getting admission. But as a foreigner ready to pay fat cheques of £30K per year as fees no college is ever going to reject you. And even after completing PG, GDC will not register you.

Ohhhh you want to appear MFDS for learning purpose and you have a lot of money.. God bless you..
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

The very first principle of RCSENG and GDC (UK organisation/intitutes in general) is to generate revenue. No imporatnce is given to Asians at all. They do not care about your situations.

It is very easy to enter into the trap and spend thousands of pounds for nothing. There was a reason why over a thousand doctors went back to India. Below is observations about MJDF by some learned Doctor.

MJDF
    ============

The MJDF does not require dentists to work in a particular recognised training post so any dentist in India is eligible to sit the MJDF examination so in that respect it is more friendly then the MFDS. This exam is more like the current MFGDP(UK) especially the part 2 of the exam.

The part 2 of the MJDF has a coursework component ie 1) Clinical case
    2) Audit and 3) Evidence based portfolio. Please make sure you understand what these are and what is required of you and whether you have the facility and guidance to do the coursework to the expected standard before you decide to take up the exam

(Believe me it will take ages for part 2)
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Just wanted to bump it before the thread

Thanks for above updates
  5. nsunkada

nsunkada Guest

Yes, as some one pointed out...u need to take these exams to shine in rural india. I dont think places like bangalore or delhi cares for UK degrees anymore.

Its very disappointing to know people taking ORE and MJDF exams. Its very difficult for someone to come from india these days becz of visa changes. Moreover, HSMP is no more. So after ORE u wont get jobs if u dont have VT, and getting a VT is not possible for some one who needs a british visa.

I am sure most of the guys know this, still i am surprised why there is so much rush for these rubbish exams.

I am sure australia is a better option these days.

N sunkada
    London
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

hi all,
    thanks dr jhatka. I WONDER WHY SENIOR INDIAN DENTISTS WHO ARE ALREADY WORKING AND SETTLED IN UK ARE NOT THROWING SOME LIGHT ABOUT THE PRESENT STATE OF AFFAIRS REG. TYPE OF VISA/ WORK PERMIT IS CONCERNED.

AS FAR AS I KNOW, HSMP IS OVER AND OUT (UNLESS THERE IS A PRIOR APPROVAL LETTER), AND ITS TIER 1 WHICH IS AGAIN POINT BASED.

REG. W.PERMIT, EMPLOYER HAS TO APPLY FOR THE DENTIST AFTER PROVING THAT NO ELIGIBLE EU DENTIST WAS FOUND SUITABLE TO EMPLOY AN ASIAN DENTIST.!!
    BUT I FEEL DENTISTS ON DEPENDANT VISA WILL FIND IT EASIER AS COMPARED TO NON DEPENDANT ONES.

WITH LUV, ACHAYAN.
  7. dr.pooja

dr.pooja Guest

can u plz help..

Hi.. Can i get ir email id.. n I wanna info abt ORE & MJDF exms.. is it worth to go for MJDF..?? am planng to go to uk in 2010 startng.. wanna finsh required exams before it..
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

hi all,

to work in uk as dentist, easiest route is to be on a dependent visa, as

wife or hus of some one already working in UK .

finish IELTS(ACADEMIC ) WITH 6.5 PREFERABLY in ur home

country. Proceed to ORE PART 1. once part 1 is cleared, proceed to uk

on dep. visa if possible,attend as many hand on prep. courses on part2

such as Birmingham, eastman etc. and clear part 2 . mind u part 2 ORE

IS NOT A CAKE WALK.!! THE MORE U UNDERSTAND THE UK SYSTEM OF DENTAL CARE , THE BETTER.. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE . ACHAYAN
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

hi all,

to work in uk as dentist, easiest route is to be on a dependent visa, as

wife or hus of some one already working in UK .

finish IELTS(ACADEMIC ) WITH 6.5 PREFERABLY in ur home

country. Proceed to ORE PART 1. once part 1 is cleared, proceed to uk

on dep. visa if possible,attend as many hand on prep. courses on part2

such as Birmingham, eastman etc. and clear part 2 . mind u part 2 ORE

IS NOT A CAKE WALK.!! THE MORE U UNDERSTAND THE UK SYSTEM OF DENTAL CARE , THE BETTER.. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE . CHEERS ACHAYAN
  10. Aakanksha

Aakanksha Guest

Doing pg in dentistry in uk

Hi,
    I want 2 go 2 uk 4 my pg.
    Bt dnt knw much of it.
    Want 2 ve all d information, b4 going there.
    1st thng is dis ielts thing, then ore exam,
    What cumes next?
    What bout d gdc registration n stuff.
    Can sumbdy give me an exhaustive information?
    Will b thankful
  11. Dr. Shikha

Dr. Shikha Guest

hi everybody... i have just completed my BDS in december 2009... and i just want to do work as a dentist in UK... but i dnt have any knowledge about that.. like how to apply for work permit and all... wat is gdc registration and how to get that...any exam is there like US...?????
    plzz any body just explain me that...
  12. rabina

rabina Guest

planin to aly fr ore.. where can i get d study material?
  13. ORE 2

:) Dear all,

To be frank, till date no agencies in the UK has given a clear picture of which i visa is the most suitable one to work as a NON - EU dentist.Well, all one can do is to go through uk border agency website and read it many times. well one can resort to professional immigration agencies and apply for visa through them always!
    work permit could be an option , but its applied for by an employer and not by the candidate .

ORE part 2 tests your skill and your chance for success depends on how much of information you can gather about UK dental care delivery ,whether its about asking a patient his past dental/med history,or writing a prescription in the given form or even dental charting !!.
    As a non BRITISH/NON EU dentist , you have no excuse for not knowing them. GOD BLS
  14. dr. apu

dr. apu Guest

can anyone find an indian dentist working in uk.if we can contact that person ,would be easy for us