indian dentist work in u.k.

Discussion in 'Post PLAB / Interviews / Locum' started by menaka, Jan 31, 2007.

1. menaka

menaka Guest

hai,
    i am an indian dentist.i am going to get married to my lover in u.k.now,who s a indian graduate holding medicine degree.he has got hsmp visa and presently working in a hospital there for 2 years.can anyone tell me the ways of working as a dental nurse or hygienist or anything else like that in u.k.{i am not i a position to do post graduation there}.bye
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear menaka
    I know a qualified dentist who is working as a dental assistant for couple of years. I have to warn you that, life will be difficult, as the pay is very low and the frustration that you cant work as an dentist.

You just approach local dental surgeries in your area with your CV. I am sure many of them will employ you as they get a qualified dentist for 1/10th the pay.

Again this will be a temporary situation and it will depend on how long your lover can find a job in this country.
    Good luck.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,
    This is Amit, I read the conversation and was wondering about a similar situation my patrner has, with the same status.
    So was just thinking if please someone would like to drop a thought about their share of experience.
    My querries are similar and after clearing IQE wat is the chance of employment?
    Regards
    Amit
  4. Drone

Drone Guest

Hello there!! earlier it was easy for getting jobs as a dentalnurse but now you goto register with GDC for which you have to undergo a dental nurse training and clear an exam!!! You cannot register as a dental nurse with your BDS degree they'l tell you to register as a Dentist for which you got2 clear ORE!!!
  5. ADVISE

If you are married you are in a soup :( :( :( :( . So you better prepare for the hardship to face in the U.K. . The life in UK is very expensive. Your husband is on HSMP and MBBS that means for him it is very very difficult to get training post . Possibly he may get some locums, during decmber , january, Inaddtion, cost of living has considerablly high in UK , you cannot save much . So you better rethink before coming to UK. life is not bed of roses. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Thank you
    Dr XXXX
  6. Aakanksha

Aakanksha Guest

Indian dentist work in uk

Hi,
    I m dentist. Just finished my internship in june 2009.
    I want to do post-graduation from uk.
    I dnt knw d exact way of dat.
    Just know dat, v need 2 ve a work experience of 2 years in uk, bfore joining d pg course.
    What bout ore? Is it quite similar to gre??
    Anybody, please do help!!!
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Aakansha,
    DOING PG IN A UK DENTAL SCHOOL IS EASY AS LONG AS YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY THE FEES AND A DESCENT IELTS SCORE!!

IN YOUR CASE , ITS BETTER TO COMPLETE A PG AND THEN GO FOR ORE WHICH IS NOT A VERY SIMPLE EXAM.

BUT, LET ME REMIND YOU. THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IS YOUR VISA STATUS IN UK IF U R THINKING IN TERMS OF STAYING BACK AND WORKING IN UK.
    DO YOU HAVE YOUR IMMEDIATE RELATIVES IN UK?? IN THAT CASE YOUR DEPENDENT STATUS WOULD MAKE THINGS SOME WHAT EASY.
    DO LOT OF QUERY BEFORE YOU LEAP !!!!

GOD BLESS,

ACHAYAN.
  8. dr.mishti

dr.mishti Guest

indian dentist work in UK

hi
    m mishti. i ll b completing my internship in feb. .and wil b getting marriedin nxt yr.my wud b husband is an engineer and is planning to stay in UK for 2 yr from this yr...n if possible...in future too....i wish to knw that is there any scope for me in UK to work as dentist...any job in hospitals or in private clinic..??
    wat is the procedure for getting registration as dentist there?? and the approx cost estimation for the same?? and if m coming back to india after 2 yrs......my registration as indian dentist ll b intact???? and wil this b beneficial for my future in india also???
  9. Dr. SeemaS

Dr. SeemaS Guest

You can't work in UK as Dentist unless you pass ORE. This is a very tough exam at takes appx 2 yrs to complete. You can work as Dental Nurse but that too require Dental Nurse registration.
    The rules are getting tougher, so plan properly before coming.

Seema
  10. REDDY venkat

REDDY venkat Guest

help please?

hI ALL,

My siter finishing her dentistry in 2012(INTERNSHIP as well) jan after she want to come UK and work here..
    just been through above messages but still i am not understanding whether indian dentist can work here or not.i know to work as nurse you have to go through nurse exam but i heared that indian dentist are ban from 2006 onwards...is that true?
    Regarding ORE exam she will do it because she is second toper of her university.....means if she will clear this exam then she can work as dentist in UK?
    if yes please send me the address where i can get all the information about that exam and i would like to get a notes for my sister.
    Many THANKS.
  11. chaujimiya

chaujimiya Guest

pls help

hello guys, i have just completed my dentistry course this year here in africa (khartoum)
    now i want to do houseman ship (working experiance) in UK
    is it possible
    pls pls help
  12. dr.dip

dr.dip Guest

hi

hi pavel

i tried to send an email to the id u have put up... but it was a failure.
    I am a dentist currently working in Bangalore.
    Could you give me information regarding doing PG in dentistry from Europe.
    Also regarding the courses n fees?

Regards,
    dr,dip
  13. zohahunt77

zohahunt77 Guest

I want to know how much experiences a person should have to get a good job in uk dentist nursing department. I have done graduation from a nursing school and working in a hospital too since 2 years. Can anyone help me here? I am from Oregon..