IQE exam and for all Guys

Discussion in 'Dental PG MDS IQE MFDS ADC Exams' started by DR Wisdom, Mar 1, 2006.

1. DR Wisdom

DR Wisdom Guest

HI Guys, i am living in Edinburgh and looking for study group in edinburgh to study for IQE exam, i have all the modules and readers for the MFDS and i have other books, but i dont have the pass questions for the IQE Exam. so it will be nice to exchange informations.
  2. Net nat

Net nat Guest

hi Dr Wisdome, i really need a study group but u r really far away from me, could you please send me ur email address because i need to take some information from you about MFDS and IQE. thank you waiting ur reply
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

HI,
    ITS NICE TO HEAR THAT SOMEBODY IS INTERESTED IN FORMING A STUDY GROUP.THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT U STAY FAR OFF.I THINK DISCUSSIONS CAN BE CARRIED ON INSPITE OF THE DISTANCE.EVEN I AM TAKING UP THE EXAM THIS APRIL.SO IF INTERESTED LET'S DISCUSS.
  4. Dr Wisdom

Dr Wisdom Guest

Yeah i think that s the only way to study is to discuss things together.
    you know i was thinking to sit the MFDS exam and i have got everything for part A the modules, readers, MCQs, and other books like cawson and lasts anatomy, ten cate but now i changed my mind and i wanna sit the IQE because i think MFDS is just wasting time if somebody want to stay in the UK.

so i have got the list of IQE books from the GDC which i know exactly what i should do. and am now starting to study but because am taking obserever ship to see how doctors here working, dealing with patients and get some experinse for the exams so may be that s making me studying very slow.

but i heared about last Questions for IQE but i dont know what is that. is it useful for me or shall i study the MCQs for Mfds and that is it.

hope to hear from u soon
  5. Dr Wisdom

Dr Wisdom Guest

MFDS/MFD Syllabus and for IQE Exam

MFDS/MFD SYLLABUS

section 1 to 6 of the syllabus are the core sections and will be examined in all parts of the examination (part A,B and C)
    BUT sections 7 to 6 in part B and C

Section 1 is

Craniofacial development and growth formation mechanism in craniofacial development which are clinically important
    -Development of the face and palate
    -Development and growth of the skull and jaws
    -Common craniofacial malformation e.g. cleft lip and palate
    -Development of the teeth
    -Formation of dental hard tissues.
    -physiology and pathology mechanism of tooth movement.
    -Bone formation resorption and turnover

thats all what you should study in section one directed by Royal coolege and next time i will give you what you should study in section 2 until we will finish the 10 sections

if any body have any information about IQE plz send it to me thax
  6. Dr Wisdom

Dr Wisdom Guest

sections 1 to 6 of the syllabus are the core sections and will be examined in all parts of the examination part A,B and C. Sections 7 to 10 are not examined in part A but will be examined with sections 1 to 6 in parts B and C
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

hi dr wisdom,
    thanks for the information but i would like to ask you about the mcq's ,where did u manage to get them.can you please tell if there are any specific books or sites.please reply
  8. re:iqe part a

hi,

i am keen about knowing more about iqe part a. i am applying for the exam. plz mail me at nagendra_geethe@yahoo.co.in

bye

dr.geetha 8)
  9. Dr Wisdom

Dr Wisdom Guest

Hi Guest, i have 3 books of MFDS MCQs one is called MCQs in dentistry, the second one is a huge MCQs is about 700 papers which is include the whole curriculum of the MFDS part A,B and C. and the third one is MFDS Revision course 2003 by Alexande Crighton. i got these books from Egypt, they are available there but i am not sure if you can find them on the net or not, i am living in Edinburgh if i can hellp. but to be honest with you i have the copy not the original because they didnt have the original.

Hi nagendran_geetha@yahoo.co
    you are intrested to know about the IQE and i am now trying to finish bying the whole books and finish the list of the curriculm and the syllabus.

i will tell you what you should study:

1- ANATOMY
    recommended books:
    -Johnson and moore
    OR- Lasts Anatomy

what you do:
    -Head and neck perfectly.
    -Brain arterial blood supply circle of Willis.
    -Muscles of mastications,TMJ,salivary Glands and Tounge.
    -Cranial nerves: V-II, V-III, VII, IX, X, XI, XII.
    -Arteries(Facial, maxillary and commen carotid).
    -Viens(facial, internal Jagular, cavernous sinus and its connections)
    -Larynx and pharynx.

Common Questions:
    1- Mandible: trace the inferior dental nerve course, show the attachment of the mylohyoid muscle.

2-Draw a digram showing superficial and deep relations of hypoglossus muscle.

3-Draw diagram of horizontal section showing pterygopalatine space and label 5 relations, complications of LA block.

2- ORAL ANATOMY AND HISTOLOGY;

Recommended book:
    Ten cate

What you do:
    -Saliva
    -Different stage of tooth development.
    Like, bell stage incremental lines.
    - Formation of enamel and dentin.
    clinical importance of (Enamel, Dentin, Pulp, Cementum, PdL and bone

i will give you more next time, but i would like to thank IQE man because he is passed part A IQE and he adviced us for most of the above information, GOD BLESS YOU IQE MAN.

if any body intrested to make a study Group in Edinburgh, just write to me ur email and phone number, we can make a study group in edinburgh to sit the IQE part A.
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

hi dr wisdom,
    Thank you for the information about mcq's.i tried a lot for the mcq's but couldn't get one.wish you were some where near by so that it would have been useful.any idea as to where these books are available other than egypt.i actually stay in swindon,near oxford and i am taking the mfds exam on april 3rd at edinburgh.so are you going to take up mfds or iqe.i recently applied for iqe and i got to wait for the date.my email id-sravanthib2000@yahoo.com.
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

hi dr wisdom.im sitting in mfds a in april,could you tell me about those mcqs,could you tell me the names of the authours and books name.are they.i will be looking forward to your answer.thanks.bye[zahidmuslimkhan@hotmail.com]
  12. DR Wisdom

DR Wisdom Guest

hi ppl, sorry for replying late, i really would like to help you ppl and give you the MCQs but first i dont know any other place except cairo and second there is no Authur, i could not find it in the MCQ papers. and third if i will send you a copy of it i would like but how?, it will cost me a lot because i have to copy it and then send it to you. the only way is if you guys coming to Edinburgh i can give you the the MCQs and you can copy it and then give it to me back. that s the only way.
    good luck for you and for me as well.
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

hi dr wisdom,
    Is it atleast possible for you to post the material through first class post so that i can take a copy of that and post it back to you.i dont mind bearing the postal charges provided you trust me .i can guarantee you that u will reach your materials safely.can you give your email id.please do reply fast as the earlier you send it the faster i can take a copy of it and send it back to you.
  14. meena_

meena_ Guest

iqe

hello there!
    i will be applying fer iqe exam next year..can i hav ur email add to get som info please...
    regards
    meena :lol:
  15. meena_

meena_ Guest

i m addresin to dr wisdom n all those who hav passed the iqe n mfds exam ..will be greatly obliged.. :lol:
  16. DR Wisdom

DR Wisdom Guest

Is it atleast possible for you to post the material through first class post so that i can take a copy of that and post it back to you.i dont mind bearing the postal charges provided you trust me .i can guarantee you that u will reach your materials safely.can you give your email id.please do reply fast as the earlier you send it the faster i can take a copy of it and send it back to you.

Hi Man, i am not sure if i can do that or not because i am afraid they might lost during the post and i am not sure if i can get another or not, i really trust you man but another thing that the books are very heavy they are about 1000 paper, they will cost you alot. i told you the only thing i can do is to meet you in Edinburgh and then we can copy it together.
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

hi,
    anyhow thank you dr wisdom for your reply.i know its not as easy as i said before but its not possible to come all the way to edinburgh as i stay far off.wish you all the best for your exam.
  18. HI

Hi
    I am interested in preparing for IQE and MFDS. But the difficulty is that i dont have a proper group.I dont mind travelling abroad to make a group which would really help me to achieve my goal.Indeed i need a good study group.Can any one help? :?: :lol:
  19. hello

Hello Dr Wisdom
    I am interested and planning to stay abroad if i am getting a good study group.Indeed i need a safe accomodation too.If you could help me in getting one I can surely make my way up.I am from India. :roll: :!:
  20. dr wisdom

dr wisdom Guest

21. Guest

Guest Guest

alagu_varshni
    Hello Dr Wisdom
    I am interested and planning to stay abroad if i am getting a good study group.Indeed i need a safe accomodation too.If you could help me in getting one I can surely make my way up.I am from India.

Hi alagu_varshni,

it s Very welcome for you in Edinburgh but actually you can just search for a good accomodation through the internet because i am not sure if i can help you in that, and whenever you are in edinburgh and ready to study just give me a Buzz.

Hi dr wisdom, it s nice to have 2 dr wisdom here, nice to meet you, if you just go through this site http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/support/csas/pgds_tpd.html
    http://www.gdc-uk.org/Potential registrant/International Qualifying Exam/

both sites will help you alot.

about the Syllabus, you just read the IQE reading list from the GDC site, and you can get them from
    amazon.co.uk
    they are available there.

Good luck guys
  22. Dr wisdom

Dr wisdom Guest

alagu_varshni
    Hello Dr Wisdom
    I am interested and planning to stay abroad if i am getting a good study group.Indeed i need a safe accomodation too.If you could help me in getting one I can surely make my way up.I am from India.

Hi alagu_varshni,

it s Very welcome for you in Edinburgh but actually you can just search for a good accomodation through the internet because i am not sure if i can help you in that, and whenever you are in edinburgh and ready to study just give me a Buzz.

Hi dr wisdom, it s nice to have 2 dr wisdom here, nice to meet you, if you just go through this site http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/support/csas/pgds_tpd.html
    http://www.gdc-uk.org/Potential registrant/International Qualifying Exam/

both sites will help you alot.

about the Syllabus, you just read the IQE reading list from the GDC site, and you can get them from
    amazon.co.uk
    they are available there.

Good luck guys
  23. bombay_duck

bombay_duck Guest

Can anyone Please tell me, What exactly do we have to study for IQE part A??? is there any limitation for subjects for part A like nat. board exams part 1 (USA) or I'll have to study all subjects form all years of BDS??? :?:
  24. WAZIR

WAZIR Guest

MFDS AND IQE MCQ BOOK

HI DR WISDOM i am applying for both iqe and mfeds part A I am in darlington which is near durham so its near edinburgh could we get i touch some how so i could get the MCQ books from u thanx
  25. Guest

Guest Guest

hi Dr.Wisdom

im too preparing for mfds but donno where to start.
    cud u pls help me.
    u cud mail me at madhuri.reddy@yahoo.com.
    id be really waiting for ur reply!

thanx a lot!
  26. drsohail_78

drsohail_78 Guest

hi,
    I am bit confused for the preparation of MFDS A, I want to appear in september but what are the best books for medicine and emergency topics and how should I practice MCQS and how shold I further study to pass the exam. I am based in surrey and my details are given below
    dr.sohail
    e-mail: drsohail_78@hotmail.com
    cell:07821167191
  27. DrEnas

DrEnas Guest

MCQ Papers

Dr Wisdom

can u plz tell me where from did u get the MCQ papers from Egypt ...my husband is going there for vacation and i would like to buy them from there
    which one is good for IQE

tx alot
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

iqe help

HI dr wisdom,,,
    Iam planing for IQE ,,iam in the waiting list.
    i need some help.
    my id is chocodent8@yahoo.co.in
  29. docsona

docsona Guest

HI i m staying in Melrose near edinburgh and im really intrested in IQE PREPARATION .This is a request to DRwisdom ,if he can help me in providing IQE PREPARATION MATERIAL.plz send me ur email or contact no. so dat i can callu,if u don mind.
  30. rajani

rajani Guest

mfds

hai
    dr wisdom i just saw ur message and i want to borrow ur mfds readers and modules for part b and the mcq books which u have please let me know
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

help plzz!!!!!

dear dr wisdom,
    i shal be gr8 ful to u if u can plz help me and advice me on how to go abt iqe.. i'm at reading,uk if u can tell me the topics i shal begin to prepare or jot down a plan for me i shal be glad. my email id is chavy159@yahoo.com.plz do reply to my mail at the earliest..
    thanks
    regards
    chandana
  32. xenia

xenia Guest

IQE exams

hello there! I m planning to apply for IQE exam and I really need help.I would like to find a group or somebody has passed already part A I will be so appreciate for any info. I finished Medical Uni last year and I think it s better to do as soon as possible but I don t know how to start, what books are better to buy or what library I can use... I live in London. Thaks a lot in advance!
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

hi,
    i am giving my ielts in oct ... then i will apply for IQE exams so i want to join u to prepare for the exams ....can u just tell me after how many days they will give a date for exam and what documents i need ... sorry the question is out of way , but please if u could let me know about it ... i would like to join u soon. shilpa murthy dr_shilpa04@yahoo.co.uk
  34. dr chandana

dr chandana Guest

help plzz!!!!!

dear dr wisdom,
    i shal be gr8 ful to u if u can plz help me and advice me on how to go abt iqe.. i'm at reading,uk if u can tell me the topics i shal begin to prepare or jot down a plan for me i shal be glad. my email id is chavy159@yahoo.com plz do reply to my mail at the earliest..
    thanks
    regards
    chandana
  35. madhu00

madhu00 Guest

hello

hi dr wisdom hru actually i want the information regarding iqe and mfds can pzl help me i also want to buy the papers and books madiha_wan@hotmail.com
  36. bairuv

bairuv Guest

hai

hai ,u go for chaurasia -anatomy,ganong -physiology,harper-biochem,anusavice -dental meterials
  37. Guest

Guest Guest

to find past questions to IQE you can join the yahoo groups for IQE candidates. there are many files submitted contain topics of the exam, some in a structure way some in the candidates own word after they took the exam. it's quite helpful for guidance if you haven't any idea. all of the members are IQE candidates which is great.
  38. VINNY

VINNY Guest

NEW IQE EXAM

HI GUYS, IS ANYBODY PLANNING TO DO NEW IQE IN 2007, I LIVE IN ABERDEEN, I HAVE DONE MY MFDS AND WORKED IN THE HOSPITAL FOR FIVE YEARS SO I KNOW THE PATTERNS OF EXAMS AND DEALING WITH PATIENTS ETC, ANYBODY INTRESTED IN GROUP READING/ DISCUSSING FOR NEW IQE
  39. VINNY

VINNY Guest

HELLO DOCTOR WISDOM, CAN YOU LET ME KNOW THE MCQ BOOKS/ MATERIAL
    I THINK THEY WILL BE USEFULL FOR NEW IQE EXAM AS IT IS FULL MCQ QUESTION, I DONT MIND TO COME AND COLLECT AS I LIVE IN ABERDEEN AND I MIGHT BE USEFULL FOR YOU AS WELL AS IHAVE DONE FULL MFDS AND WORKED IN UK FOR 5 YEARS AS SHO IN DIFFERENT HOSPITALS, WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY
  40. sona

sona Guest

hi there,i would like to join the new iqe exam study group.plz mail me at aamchi2005@yahoo.co.uk.i m based at scotland and itz a request to VINNY,PLZ ALSO LET ME KNW THE INFORMATION ,watevr u get regarding reading wat all mcq books for nw exam system.
  41. Guest

Guest Guest

:D hi every1 this is good news for you all dentist in uk that u can give your IQE exam in India and many overseas venue any ways another bad news is the IQE will b only in 2 parts and to get pass you will have to work with dentist min 1 year in uk:( :?: :( now point is we dont know yet will they give you visa to work in uk 1 year or not after all you will find more news in Feb 2007
    [​IMG]
  42. umbreen

umbreen Guest

hello

dr.wisdom wats ur e-mail address&do u want 2 sell mfds[a] modules&readers,plz reply me[umbreenfatima@hotmail.com],regards
  43. abugohfa

abugohfa Guest

statetury exam

hi
    i`m living in middlesbroguh i`m gonna study for new exam
    if there is eny study groub i`m looking for ward to any replay :shock:
  44. abugohfa

abugohfa Guest

consult

hi doctor wisdom i`would like to ask u
    about the benefits of mfds :?:
  45. navish

navish Guest

regarding job oppertunity in uk after iqe or ore

hi iam a dental surgeon who is curently in india and about to take up part c iqe, has anyone made any assesment of job oppertunities after passing these exams, how easy it is to get a job and what are the leads to follow after passing these exams,as i understood from the different deaneries its not easy to land in a vt post and most jobs ADVERTISED IN BDJ CLEARLY STATES THAT IT WILL NOT LEAD TO A WORK PERMIT,so what is the way forward please post your views and knowledge in this forum.
  46. guest 2

guest 2 Guest

iqe

hi dr wisdom,
    i like your discussion about IQE, i want to start IQE preparation
    can please guide me how to start it what are the requrements.
  47. kiska

kiska Guest

Edinburgh exam

Hallo friends ;)
    i ma going to pass edinburgh exam this september ;)
    i am really happy that you have this forum
    lets keep in touch ;)
    id be very happy if you can join me ;)
    email is baravik@inbox.lv
  48. hase

hase Guest

iqe

Hello I am going to take the IQE. What is the best way to study for the exam- the text books??? If you have some information that you can share, please email me at hhhase@hotmail.com under subject IQE Thank you Hase
  49. DrKlein

DrKlein Guest

ORE (new IQE)

Hi guys
    I am a dentist from South Africa hoping to write the ORE in early 2009.
    I am looking for any revision manuals that can be purchased containing typical exam questions for Part 1. Any tips from those of you that have already written the exam will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Please e-mail me at: karenklein03@yahoo.com
  50. Ele

Ele Guest

ORE

I am studing for ORE. My exam is in June. I would like to know if there is anybody in Edinburgh doing it to exchange info.
    My email is: palazzoloeleonora@hotmail.com
    Thanks!