january 2009 mrcp part 1 questions

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by dr A, Jan 20, 2009.

1. guest 83

guest 83 Guest

how much we score in mrcp 1 ..does it effects in any way on the score of our mrcp 2 or paces ? or in getting a training etc ??
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

it does not reflect on mrcp-2 or paces. but candidate shd asses by himself abt his aproach. :lol:
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

dr A

1) A guide to the MRCP part 2 written paper- S.H. POWQIS AND A.ZUMLA

2) chest \x-ray made easy (2nd edition) - JONATHAN CORNE
    MARY CARROLL
    IVAN BROWN
    DAVID DELANY

3) MRCP part 2 - case histories and data interpretations - HANS - ULRICH LAASCH

4) medicne recall - 3rd edition - JAMES D. BERGIN

5) making sense of the chest x.ray - PAUL F.JENKINS

6) 100 plus diseases for the MRCP part 2 - second edition - MILES WITHAM AND MUDHER Z.H. AL- KHAIRALLA

7) ECg in medical practice - DR. A.B.M. ABDULLAH

8) Diagnostic imaging - 5th edition - PETER ARMSTRONG

can anyone plz tell me which one of these i shud keep . !
  4. hatem_eygpt

hatem_eygpt Guest

congratulation for all who pass, hope good luck for who dont. many thanks for all participant in this great site.
    this was 1st attempt i pass thank god, score 770.........
    i did on examination BOF ONLY(CD2006) and pass medicine 3 to 4 times only. i didnot read or buy any text, hand, revision, or quest books. 2 months only duration. so i think MRCP is the exam of BOF website (1 or 2), no need for books either text, hand, or quest , also no need for long time vacation, no loosing more mony, so i recommend:

1) on examination BOF this is quite enough, if u ve time go to

2) one of the following:
    passmedecine, pastest or mrcpass.

thanks for all, waiting ur ccomments and questions[/list]
  5. hatem_eygpt

hatem_eygpt Guest

hi, dr_osler

many thanks for ur help, are u from eygpt?
  6. Dr E

Dr E Guest

hi every body thanx 4 ur good work and coments hope 4 u nice career
  7. newday

newday Guest

hi doctor oslar
    plz i would like th know if really this the most important books for part2 recomanded by all or there are some other books could be more useful i need to know beacuse im going to buy them
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

did anybody apply for part 2 in april?
    do u think it s too early to sit the exam if we just passed part 1??
    how long will we need to get prepared for part 2?
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

hi every one how r u ?

dr hatem congrat for passing u r right mrcp is an exam depend on how many u practice BOF i have 801 and this my first trial too
    i did passmedicine and mrcpass as many as i could then i did onexam
    but i read karla from skin to skin two times i had also agreat notes on some important topics which i read at the night of the exam

thanx god i passed with this score wishing the best for all of u

dear guest i dont think its too early for part2 u still have fresh information u jast have too increase it alittle bit more and go for part2 unfortunatly overseas closing date was already passed when result r out so i have to wait for the next diet to apply to part2 so go for it
  10. I hv passed in first stroke

I passed in first attempt. The key is to do BOF as far as u can. Onexam and passmedicine will giv u everythingsssssssss :D :lol: :wink:
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

HEY EVERYONE MY NAME IS DR MEHERNOSH I GOT THROUGH MY MRCP 1 IN MY FIRST ATTEMPT WITH GOD'S HELP. CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO GOT THROUGH THERE EXAM AND FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT DONT LOOSE HOPE WORK HARD AND YOU WILL GET THROUGH NEXT TIME. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT BESIDES THE BOOKS ON PART 2 NOTED BY DR OSLER ARE THERE ANY OTHER BOOKS FOR PART 2. DO WE NEED TO READ ANY TEXT BOOK FOR IT, AND WHAT IS THE IDEAL TIME TO PREPARE FOR PART 2 WRITTEN AND THE USEFUL WEBSITES WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES THANKS.
  12. hatem_egypt

hatem_egypt Guest

hi every one how r u ?

hi, guest who have 801, congratulat too/

where u from?

could u give me ur email.
  13. hatem_egypt

hatem_egypt Guest

hi, dr_osler

wher r u?

/
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

hi Dr Hatem,

Congratulation for passing and for ur great score. :D

I m sorry for being late,but i was a little busy by the shifts.

when will u apply for part 2 :?:
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

hi dr hatem and hi every one

my email address is alsa7ab20@yahoo.co
    im thinking of applying for mrcp 2 on NOV but im little hesitance about that what do u think fellows ????

see u soon
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Does anybody know how many 'images Qs' are includd in the exams from the 300? And how many best of 5?
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

mrcp part 2 best of five illustrated questions Q n A

mrcp part 2 best of five illustrated questions Q n A

by hew beynon and luke gomples?

is this books useful?

wanted to get u guys opinion before buying it...
  18. Hatem_egypt

Hatem_egypt Guest

mrcp2

Hi dr.Osler !!
    congratulation too for ur score :D hoping for u more score in part 2 .
    i am thinking seriously to register in the next diet ( july 2009 ).
    what about u ? :?:
    plz, send me ur email address ?
    with my best wishes,, 8)
  19. Hatem_egypt

Hatem_egypt Guest

How are u Guest 801? :D
    thanks for ur reply.
    i put in my consideration ur advice :roll: and decided to register for part2 in the next diet.
    i will keep in touch with u by email inshaa ALLAH .
    with my best wishes,, 8)
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Dr Hatem,

i m also planning to apply for the next diet in shaa ALLAH.

Plz send me private message and i will contact u.

Best regards.
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

dr osler dr hatem you all and everone who has contributed to this forum great job why dont we make a seperate forum for part 2 and continue sharing our knowledge and study material over there what do you say dr osler dr hatem
  22. dr osler dr hatem you all and everone who has contributed to this forum great job why dont we make a seperate forum for part 2 and continue sharing our knowledge and study material over there what do you say dr osler dr hatem
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

DR OSLER AND I HAVE STARTED A NEW FORUM FOR MRCP 2 ITS MRCP 2 JULY ONWARDS PLEASE THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE PLANNING TO GIVE THERE PART 2 JULY ONWARDS JOIN THE FORUM AND GIVE YOUR COMMENTS TAKE CARE GUYS SEE YA THERE
  24. hatem_egypt

hatem_egypt Guest

hi dr_osler

what u mean by private massege :?:

see u soon
  25. hatem_egypt

hatem_egypt Guest

hi mrsidhwa:

how r u? thanks for ur idea.

see u there
  26. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi dr hatem
    To post private messgae, just click on the PM button below.
    Good luck :D
  27. Guest

Guest Guest

hi everybody I sent an email to the RCP regarding problem with getting registered to their web site. Finally I got registered today and found my score its 718.
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

THATS GREAT DR ERUM THERE ARE ALL ELITE PEOPLE IN THIS LIST GREAT TO BE IN YOUR COMPANY GUYS
  29. Best Congratulations Dr Erum, Great score, really U deserve it. :D :D :D
  30. Guest

Guest Guest

MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination Syllabus
    The Syllabus is indicative of those areas of knowledge required to pass the Examination. Although each diet will not test every area of knowledge detailed in the Syllabus, the Examination should be viewed as a representative sample of the items of knowledge set out in the Syllabus.

Download
    http://www.mrcpuk.org/SiteCollectionDocuments/MRCPUK Part 1 Syllabus.pdf
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

tnx dr osler and dr sidhwa for your nice comments. The web sites you told dr osler are really good and I found them very useful.
  32. Guest

Guest Guest

:D oh great dr erum. congrates. hope this forum will be continue for mrcp-2 exam. and alhamdulillah i also pass this exam.Thanks God
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

SHEIKHO DID YOU GIVE YOUR EXAM FROM KARACHI CENTRE
  34. Guest

Guest Guest

Tnx shaikho yes we should continue sharing our knowledge and info about part 2 so that all of us who passed part 1 can be benefited. I really appreciate all those people who used to help others on this forum by letting them know about useful books, study material and web sites.
  35. Guest

Guest Guest

Hard copies of result

Hi Guys,
    Did u all receive your hard copies of result of MRCP (UK) Part-I exam?
    How long does it usually take to reach the destination?
    Thanx all.
  36. Guest

Guest Guest

yes we did get our results posted
  37. Guest

Guest Guest

:shock: sorry for late reply i was out of station ,dear i appeared from Jeddah centre.
  38. Guest DOC

Guest DOC Guest

Wanted to knoo about MRCP,proper guidance

helo Salam ....i m from Karachi, Pakistan Doing HOUSEJOB ....6months of medicines i have completed ..n now doing 6months of surgery...i need help or guidance abour MRCP when should i give mrcp?what is eligiblity criteria or should i give after appearing in fcps1cpsp exam which will held in october 2009 ...n from where should i appear if there are centres in karachi or lahore ? which books to study ?? n how much time 1 should give before appearing in mrcp....i will be v thankful :)
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

walaikum assalam u need at least 12 months to be eligible for mrcp part 1 after the date of your MBBS degree have been conferred upon you. if you are from karachi u should appear from karachi center to avoid chaos at the time of exam.
    You can appear in FCPS 1 in October 09 and can make a plan for MRCP 1 in jan 2010 so that you can have an idea about your core knowledge after your FCPS result.

Regarding the books for MRCP 1 you need to go through phillip kalra and for basic sciences read easterbrook. Refer to Kumar and Klark for difficult topics and try to do best of fives as many as u can. Do passmedicine and onexamination as a must. Wish you best of luck.
  40. doctor123

doctor123 Guest

Is it necessary o go through Philip Karla.
    I am doing following books
    1.OHCM
    2. Paces for Mrcp 2nd edition
    3. Davidsons clinical cases
    4. passmedicine
    5. Pastest Pool
  41. Guest

Guest Guest

For mrcp part 1 check out these books

Kumar and Clark Clinical Medicine
    by Parveen Kumar , Michael Clark

KEYS to SUCCESS in Medicine
    by Ajith Jayasekera

Essential Revision Notes for MRCP
    by Philip A. Kalra

Basic Medical Sciences for MRCP Part 1
    by Philippa J. Easterbrook
  42. Guest

Guest Guest

guest doc what dr erum has suggested is absolutely correct you do need to read philip kalra now the third edition is out will be in the market in a week or so do as much mcqs as possible passmedicine is one of the best site to start then do onexamination and many mcq books are available and easterbook for basic sciences do study hard and have faith in GOD.
  43. Guest

Guest Guest

hieveryone...........im new to this forum....planning toappear for mrcp. this september.......can any oneguide me where to start from and any help regarding mrcp1 material...........
  44. Guest

Guest Guest

the plan for mrcp is simple to say but it is up to you to implement and this is the difficult part
    read up and understand the subjec matter from the books that people have recommended
    do bof questions from the websites and books that have been recommended
    if you can afford a course and there is a good course locally that might be another option to explore
    a course depends on whether there is a talented enthusiastic teacher , if there isn't do not bother
    there is nothing more nothing less
  45. dr jawed

dr jawed Guest

hello

who is giving the next coming mrcp
  46. dr000

dr000 Guest

mrcp part 1

hey any one appearing from riyadh in the mrcp part 1 sep or jan attempt.....pls reply to this post
  47. guest 112

guest 112 Guest

re

i want to know what books needed for mrcp2
  48. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks to Allah, I have already clear part 1 in first attemph,now prepare for part 2, can any one which one is best master class or oneexam for part 2 written.
  49. Guest

Guest Guest

thank you guys! u all are great
  50. Guest

Guest Guest

Asalmualikum, i have completed my housejob recently and want to appear in MRCP part 1. Please tell me the structure of MRCP part 1 examination. Does it contains two portion like that of FCPS part 1 exam i.e first portion is basic and second is in specialized field?