march 1997 - to best of my knowledge

Discussion in 'MRCOG Forum' started by Guest, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

march
    1 2

1 TFTTT FTTTT
    2 FFTFF TTFFF
    3 FFTFT TTFFT
    4 TTTTF FTFTF
    5 TTFFT TTTTT
    6 FFTTT FFFFT
    7 TTTTF FTTTF
    8 FFFTF TFTTT
    9 TTTFF TTFTT
    10 TFFFF TFFTT
    11 FFFFT TFFTF
    12 FFFTF FTTFF
    13 FFTFT FTTFF
    14 TTFFT TTFFT
    15 TFTTT FTTFT
    16 TFTTT TFFTF
    17 TFTFF
    18 FFTFT TTFFT
    19 TTTFT FTFTT
    20 TTTF?T FTTFT
    21 TFTTT TT?T?F
    22 FTFTT TTTFT
    23 TTTTF TTF?TT
    24 TFTFT TFTFT
    25 TTFTF TFTFT
    26 FFFTT FTTTF
    27 TFTFF FFFTT
    28 FFTTF TTTFT
    29 FTFTT FFTFT
    30 FFTTT TFFFT
    31 TFFFT TFTTT
    32 FTTFF TFFTF
    33 FFTFT FTFFT
    34 FFFTT TFFTT
    35 TFFFF FFTFF
    36 FFTFF FTT?FT
    37 TTTTF FFTTF
    38 TTTFF FFTTT
    39 FTTFF TFTTT
    40 FTFTT FFFTT
    41 FFTTF FTFFF
    42 FTTTT TTTTT
    43 TT?FTF TFFTF
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

PAST PAPERS - MARCH 1997 PAPER 1 - correction and more

march 1997 paper 1 ; number 43 : TTFTF

40 FTFTT
    41 FFTTF
    42 FTTTT
    43 TTFTF
    44 TFFFT
    45 TFFTT
    46 TFTTF
    47 TTFTF
    48 TTTTF
    49 FFTFT
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

TO ALL

am posting answers i feel are apt to questions for past papers. u may want to check them thru ur references.
    for those that wish to know questions, please understand that it would take a very long time to type them and put them up on this. if there is any other way, i would surely like to pass them on to u all. hope u all understand.
    thx.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

march 1997 paper 1 and 2 remaining answers

43 TTFTF TFFTF
    44 TFFFT FTFFT
    45 TFFTT TTTTT
    46 TFTTF FTFFT
    47 TTFTF TTTFT
    48 TTTTF FTTTT
    49 FFTFT FFFTF
  5. kavitha

kavitha Guest

thanks

thanks fr the past amswers but il be grateful if u forward the qs too by scanning please as we ll find them very useful
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

need ur email

hi kavita,
    pls send me ur email / msn or yahoo chat id. will try to se ehow i can help u ge the papers.
    thx
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

regarding question number 21 in paper two
    you only posted the answer for 4 statements
    so are they from A till D..

thanks again for the great effort
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

hi, sorry for that.
    march 1997, paper 2, no 21: TTTTT
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

checking

so check with if it is right or not
    March 1997,
    Paper 1
    Q 21. T F T T T

March 1997,
    Paper 2
    Q 21 . TTTTT
  10. Shipra

Shipra Guest

correction

I think in paper2, b and e are false. ..as in inflammation its not the passive loss of fluid( passive loss is meant for the transudate and inflammation involves exudate) ,forces drawing fluid out are intravascular hydrostatic pressure and osmotic pressure of interstitial fluid. E is definitely false as neutrophills are the dominant cells in 1st 24 hrs ,while monocytes and macrophages are dominant in next 24-48 hrs.
  11. juliaflash

juliaflash Guest

Hi Rubyruprai

Can you elaborate regarding q.6 paper-1. I answered as false.

thank in advance
  12. juliaflash

juliaflash Guest

Q. 8, cervix consists chiefly of smooth muscle? Seems - True (for me)?
  13. juliaflash

juliaflash Guest

q19 (paper1). FSH, progesterone - probably False?
  14. juliaflash

juliaflash Guest

Q21, paper 1. LH is not required for normal corpus luteum survival.
  15. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Hi Julia,
    Obturator nerve emerges from medial border of Psoas major muscle and is formed by ventral ramii of L 2,3,4.
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Dr. Mohamed A. Otify

To juliaflash

Please dear,
    I think you need to study more, and plz dont post anything putting I think, becuzse you might confuse other people

the cervix consist chiefly of smooth muscles (False)
    as it consists mainly of fibrous tissue compare to uterues, so "chiefly" here is the wrong keyword.
    its a very famous statement, so I think you need more concentration in your studying

LH is required for normal corpus luteum survival (true)
    its written in TIm chard and chamberlain, also very known statement

so please dont conduse other people here by the things you are not sure of.

thanks for you effort

Dr. Mohamed A. Otify
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

To Shipra

I agree with you regarding Q21, paper 2, B and E are False

Paper 1, Q19, is F T T F F,

paper 1, Q 6,
    D Lies below the obturator artery in the obturator foramen (False)
    as the artery lies below the nerve, The arrangement is Nerve, Artery, Vein, from above donwwards

Regards,
    Dr. Mohamed A. Otify
  18. juliaflash

juliaflash Guest

Shipra! what about passing in obturator foramen, above or below obturator artery?
  19. kavitha

kavitha Guest

fr the past questions

hello ,
    i like to have the past questions .please can u find any way to send them.my email id is kavithau@yahoo.com.
  20. juliaflash

juliaflash Guest

hello to Dr. Mohamed

Hello Mohamed,

I appriciate your concern that May be I need to study more (like anybody else), but your remarks are quite impolite... May be my questions (2 of them) were not highly sophisticated for you but two of them are very relivant, and you agreed with my answers!

Regards,
  21. Shipra

Shipra Guest

In Q-8 paper 1 march 1997- option b is probably true...as supravaginal portion of cervix has anteriorly parametrium in which lie azygos artery and terminal parts of ureter,beyond which lies superior surface of bladder...so these all become it's anterior relations.Pls comment.
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

apology

Dear juliaflash,

I am sorry I do apologize
    plz dont take things persoanlly
    I just dont want any one to be confused about simple questions, and we are all learning, its just I prefer that any one just posts questiosn who he is sure of them... just consider if one of those questions is repaeted in net exam...

thanks for your time, and sorry again

Dr. Mohamed A. Otify
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

hi everybody,
    i see the tension is building up. firstly let me thank everyone for thier inputs in to the answers. pls understand that u may find more answers u may not agree with and i appreciate ur views on them. the idea of posting answers quickly was not to misguide anyone/ but to help it as a guide - the sooner the better - so we can focus on our weaker areas. ofcourse each of us might be strong in certain areas and be a better judge of the right answers.
    thanks and cheers to exam mania!
  24. Guest

Guest Guest

hi julia - ur doubts

march 1997 paper 1 q 6: i was wrong abt the obturator nerve, i think dr otify has givent he answer already.
    Q 19 - FSH and LH show nocturnal decline in levels so the answer would be true. (ref - speroff endocrinology)

q 19- E is false (i read the question incorrectly - sorry for that)
    B : i am not too sure abt the answer yet. will let u know when i find out - till then shipra's answer sounds logical so i would go with that.

reg, q 8 - ureter: ref from grays anatomy:
    The supravaginal portion (portio supravaginalis [cervicis]) is separated in front from the bladder by fibrous tissue (parametrium), which extends also on to its sides and lateralward between the layers of the broad ligaments. The uterine arteries reach the margins of the cervix in this fibrous tissue, while on either side the ureter runs downward and forward in it at a distance of about 2 cm. from the cervix. Posteriorly, the supravaginal cervix is covered by peritoneum, which is prolonged below on to the posterior vaginal wall, when it is reflected on to the rectum, forming the rectouterine excavation.

In the female, the ureter forms, as it lies in relation to the wall of the pelvis, the posterior boundary of a shallow depression named the ovarian fossa, in which the ovary is situated. It then runs medialward and forward on the lateral aspect of the cervix uteri and upper part of the vagina to reach the fundus of the bladder. In this part of its course it is accompanied for about 2.5 cm. by the uterine artery, which then crosses in front of the ureter and ascends between the two layers of the broad ligament. The ureter is distant about 2 cm. from the side of the cervix of the uterus.
  25. Guest

Guest Guest

reg Q 8 - cervix

substance of the cervical wall is made up of dense fibrous connective tissue with only a small (about 10%) amount of smooth muscle. what smooth muscle ther is lies on the periphery of the cervix, connecting the myometrium with the muscle of the vaginal wall.

this smooth muscle and accompanying fibrous tissue are easily dissected off the fibrous cervix and form teh layer reflected during intrafascial hysterectomy.

it is circularly arranged around the fibrous cervix andis the tissue into which the cardinal and uterosacral ligaments and pubocervical fascia insert.
  26. juliaflash

juliaflash Guest

Re: reg Q 8 - cervix

Thank you very much for detailed explanation about cervix, I think I just looked very briefly on the first line of Human Histology book (Alan Stevens) where said: "cervical stroma is composed of smooth muscle fibers embedded in collagen" .
  27. Guest

Guest Guest

u welcome dear. was wondering if anyone has answers to my doubtful answers (indicated with ?) in the pastpaper series??????
  28. violet

violet Guest

Q.20 17-hydroxyprogesterone

Hi, Concerning Q.20, E. True (paper -1, 1997)

I find that levels of 17-hydroxyprogesterone, androstenedione, renal deoxycorticosterone are increased in pregnancy.
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

hi violet - i agree with that answer as Oh -P is an intermediate and woudl be increased.
    any more answers u could help me with?
  30. violet

violet Guest

cell migration

Q. 21 (paper 2) My answers: T, T, F, T, F.
    I agree with all answers apart C.
    contraction of cytoplasmic microtubules and gel/sol changes in cytoplasmic fluidity bring about amoeboid movement od polymorph . (JCEUnderwood - Patology)
    ?suggestions?
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

true - but thats for cell (what u have described), and they are askign abt endothelial cell motion. cells have thier own ability to move, egardless of enothelial motion so i think the answer is T.
    pls let me knwo if u disagree.
  32. violet

violet Guest

Agree

I inclined to agree with you, first my answer was true, but later I was in doubt.......... So it is True (two independent processes)!
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

shipra, what is ur answer for paper 2 , q 42 a??
    and paper 1 no 3 b - false?
  34. Requesting Information

Dear,

Could we discuss Q 17 Paper 2, again as I am not convinced with the answers TFFFT
    A- the freezing point of the Plasma is -0.54 , ref ganong , page 5
    C- PCo2 is 30 mmHg, isnt there decrease in PCO2 during pregnancy, and the non-pregnant levels is 45 mmHg, but I dont know the pregnant level..
    E- Sodium concentration, does it increase or decrease during pregnancy, as there are two opinions in Williams manual of obstetrics, so (can any one guide me)

Regards,
    Mohamed A. Otify
  35. Guest

Guest Guest

paper 2 march97 q5a

ans -- false. because liver parenchyma can convert fructose to glucose 3 phosphate and not glucose
  36. Corrections

Ruby and Shipra, plz add your comments
    Paper 2

Q 4, D, I answered it first as True, but a doctor here said it says Early filling, so is there an increase in the intr-vesical pressure during Early filling..?

Q 7, C, False, Spleen helps in formation of Antibodies after antigen processing, but B Lymphocytes is formed and matured in the bone marrow..?

Q 17 I need a whole clarification for this question, and if any body knows about osmolality changes during pregnancy plz clarify to me more..?

Q 29, B and E, i am confused, shall we consider them false ro true, as antibodies and IgE is formed through plasma cells, but again plasma cells are formed by B Lymphocytes, so any comment...?

Q 30, A, False, they are Glycoproteins, they contain CHO residues
    check this website...
    http://www.answers.com/topic/antibody
    under "antibody structure"

Regards to all.
    Dr. Mohamed A. Otify
  37. Guest

Guest Guest

thx again dr otify, will get back
  38. Guest

Guest Guest

paper 2 march97

Of osmolarity in pregnancy is reduced (Physiology in Obs- Pipkin). Quoted value for normal person (non-pregnant) is 290 mosmol.

B lymphocytes mature to form plasma cells. Plasma cells form Ig.

Complements formed by liver.
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

Q 17 Paper 2, again as I am not convinced with the answers TFFFT
    A- the freezing point of the Plasma is -0.54 , ref ganong , page 5
    C- PCo2 is 30 mmHg, isnt there decrease in PCO2 during pregnancy, and the non-pregnant levels is 45 mmHg, but I dont know the pregnant level..
    E- Sodium concentration, does it increase or decrease during pregnancy, as there are two opinions in Williams manual of obstetrics, so (can any one guide me) -Mohamed A. Otify

thx for correcting me on A.

C - she is only 13 weeks int he question, and isnt 30mmhg too low?? so i marked false. thats my guess, does anyone differ in their view??

E -normal sodium is 135 - 145meq/l.
    will quote williams: despite large accumulation during pregnancy of sodium and potassium, the serum conc of these decreases. nearly 1000meq of Na and 300 meq of K are retained. despite that their glomerular filtration is increased, their excretion are unchanged during pregnancy. it is postulated that progesterone counteacts natriuretic and kaliuretic effects of aldosterone during pregnancy!!

i am not sure abt answer to paper 2 march no 5 a
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

Paper 2

Q 4, D, I answered it first as True, but a doctor here said it says Early filling, so is there an increase in the intr-vesical pressure during Early filling..? - there is an increase - ref de sweit

Q 7, C, False, Spleen helps in formation of Antibodies after antigen processing, but B Lymphocytes is formed and matured in the bone marrow..? - it does! ref - rypins

Q 17 I need a whole clarification for this question, and if any body knows about osmolality changes during pregnancy plz clarify to me more..? - it decreases

Q 29, B and E, i am confused, shall we consider them false ro true, as antibodies and IgE is formed through plasma cells, but again plasma cells are formed by B Lymphocytes, so any comment...? - b flase ( liver) and e - true!!

Q 30, A, False, they are Glycoproteins, they contain CHO residues
    check this website... http://www.answers.com/topic/antibody under "antibody structure"
    - they are protiens. pls check the str here: http://www.accessexcellence.org/RC/VL/GG/antibodies.html
    so answer is true
  41. Requesting Information

Dear Ruby,

Regarding Q17 answers

Q 17 A False
    Q 17 B, ???? (you said it decreases but what is the level it reaches in pregnancy) (normal non pregnant is 290)
    Q17 C by 13 weeks, I think that progesterone conc. has reached a maximal value, and progesterone is the drive for Hyperventilation and decreased PCO2, so what do u think…?

Give me your opinion
    regards,
    Dr. Mohamed A. Otify
  42. Requesting Information

Dear Ruby...

Regarding B Lymphocyte production by the Bone marrow
    would you please check it again
    because I have the following sources which doesnt say it is produced by the spleen
    1- Busyspr, onlne course, I went through it again and it said its in the bone marrow..
    2- some text book here but its not a famous one
    3- this web site... http://www.projectalevel.co.uk/biology/blymphocytes.htm

if you can quote the words in your text book as I Dont have it, I would be thankfull, because its really confusing...?

Regards,
    Mohamed A. Otify
  43. Requesting Information

Dear Ruby,

Regarding Paper 2, Q4 D
    I know in chamberlain it says it rises to 10Cm H2O, but it didnt say about early filling

Tim Chard, Page 47, it says
    Micturation, The normal Bladder fills without a rise in intravesical pressure. this is the resuly of progressive relaxation of the detrusor muscle...

again its so confusing, which one shall we go for...?

Regards,
    Dr. Mohamed A. Otify
  44. Guest

Guest Guest

production of B Lymphocytes

though not directly addressed to me , but i take the chance of explaining....
    ref. EArnst Jawetz Medical Microbiology & Immunology
    B cell precursors r found in the fetal liver during embryogenesis, from here they migrate to the bone marrow which is their main location during adult life
    approx 1 billion B cells r produced each day, withing lymph nodes they r located in germinal centers , within spleen they r found in white pulp n within the gut in gut associated lymphoid tissue i.e Peyer's patches

could u plz tell whats the av . rate of urine flow in a healthy woman?!
    n any explanation for Mar 97 paper 2 q 13, A being F and B being T??
    with thnx
    An
  45. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Re: production of B Lymphocytes

Urine flow rate= 20-40 ml/sec ( De swiet)
    Q13- A - I atm. pr = 760 mm hg....so an is naturally false
    B- during diastole pr is 80 m hg. which is 2/3 of 120 mm hg which is systolic pressure.....120x2/3 = 80.......hence its true..
  46. Guest

Guest Guest

nO i THINK IT ID REQUERED FOR CL SURVIVAL , WITH FALLIUNG LEVELS OF LH , CL DEGENERATES
    ANY COMMENT SHIPARA ? RUBI?
  47. Guest

Guest Guest

Thnx a lot Shipra for the ans n best of luck to u n Ruby , Dr Mohammed Otify, Roni, Ventose n all the others on the forum!!
  48. Shipra

Shipra Guest

Thanx An :D and same to u and all others in this forum
  49. Guest

Guest Guest

thx an for ur wishes. wish u all the best too!!
  50. Guest

Guest Guest

Q 17 A False Q 17 B, ???? (you said it decreases but what is the level it reaches in pregnancy) (normal non pregnant is 290) Q17 C by 13 weeks, I think that progesterone conc. has reached a maximal value, and progesterone is the drive for Hyperventilation and decreased PCO2, so what do u think…? - agree with 17 a beign false
    i think the osmolality valuequoted is way to low - so i think its false, not sure of the value in preg
    progesterone conce goes on grradually increasing in preg

paper 2 q 4 d - i will go with rise in pressure as its only slight

i am still not clear on the production of l'cytes by spleen bit!! can someone clarify?/ shipra?/ roni?