May 2007 MCQs

Discussion in 'Australian Medical Council (AMC) EXAM' started by Good Dr, May 20, 2007.

1. Good Dr

Good Dr Guest

I just copied this from another forum ...

1- ECG inferior MI
    2-Xray 50 yrs old smoker and worked 10 years in a mine ..presented with cough and hemoptysis..Broncogenic carcinoma

3-Medicine cause hyperkalemia …enalpril
    4-Negative ionotropic Dliatizin(march)
    5-*very ill child not responding to anti biotic ..admit to hospital..
    6-Bee sting – Adrenaline
    7-45yr f with tender mass on the breast ..most likely…breast Cyst
    8 Photo..cellulitise after injury.most common cauae..Strep.pyogense
    9-5yr boy with injury in the garden..had just two vaccine..TT and booster after two months(march)
    10-Photo-a new pigemnted lesion in the back of old man ..Mx.Surgecal removal
    11-Photo-black lesion in check of old man –melanotic BCC ,
    12-progetrone only minipill mechanism –Cervix mucosa
    13-14yrs asking for OCP dosent wants her family to know wof..Give Ocp and advice recommend condom for her parner..
    14- old lady ulcer in the mouth with margin ..teeth not fitting .Dx..SCC , ulcer,
    15- Known case about human bite refuse to give HIV and HCV test ..Community health to make an order.
    16-hand Pic (page 5 AMCQ) in a homeless .cause? Mite
    17- food poising , after 10 days after a camp .cause?
    18-back from India with bloody diarrhea..? cam.jejni, giardia, …
    19-6 wks with undesending testis ? refer to surgery..
    20-malgnent cell ..what will you find.? Ascitis, supraclaviclar LN, palpable lymph node pretoneal with rectal exam.
    21-Photo (page 281 anthology) sotop sacn of thyroid ..what do u expect? Lump in the neck ,
    22-asymptomatic young female sexually active without protection .Druge user (never IV) asking for screening Wof you most likely expect to find ..? HIv, syphilis, meningitis, chlamedia ..
    23 child with fever periorbital edema ..eye movement normal ? orbital cellultis, periorbital cellultitis
    24-Rh –ve mother G5P4 at 30 weeks , child dead , 1000cc blood loss ..mx ? excep
    No need for Rhogam if she was AB free.
    25-blindness with MS what the possibly that with be back? 20%, 30%, 50%,75%
    26-Leg ischemia when you need urgent intervention? No pulse , loss of sensation , paralysis,
    27-pain and redness in the medial side of leg rx? Ant coagula, analgesic and movement, elevation

28-Pnemothroax tube? Fifth ICS ant axillary line
    29-trauma and pneumothorax S/S , unstable, first mx, ? needle , intubation, iv line
    30-burn child with stridor, ? intubate (March)
    31-burn , unable to intubate , ? tracheotomy , crich-thyroctomy
    32-Women asking about Laproscopy? Better for endo metreriosis
    33-Women with incontence and vaginal prolaps. Mx? Vaginal pessry, pelvic exercise.
    34-after delivery and during cord traction , Shock ?vaginal inversion
    35-Child with hypogylceamia, paarnet telephone you? Instaceglucose to be rubbed to his mouth , glucogan(farran Q)
    36-Mechanism of Glucogan ? liver to make glucose
    37-insulinoma ?A-low glucose, high insulin, high pro insulin b-low glucose ,high…
    38-DDX between hemolysis and chronic disease anemia ?decrease heptadin
    39-back from holidy in china , lymphoadenopath ..I don’t remember it
    40-Viral meningitis
    41-Xra with opacities in pelvic? Dermoid cyst, stones in bladder
    42-Man with inactive TB in xray , +ve skin test? Triple Rx for 6 month
    43-islander with high JVP, Concentrcive pericarditis
    44-Photo..Ring worm
    45-Photo of black lesion in the little toe ? malignant melanoma
    46-DM , neuropathy except ? bradycardia
    47-DM with hemochromatosis DX? Trasferiin saturation
    48-3rd neve palsy with reserve light reflex? DM
    49-s/s Von Willebrand disease and opration Mx?
    50-5 days after dialysis …Confusion.. intial iv? ECG, Xray, call hemodialysis
    51-1 hr after operation , shock? Hemorrhage , morphin overdose
    52-Lady with syncope , mid systolic murmur,?AS
    53-repeated syncope bradycardia ? heart block, AS
    54-Resporatory Distress 36wk relieved by O2 60%? Haylin , transit tachpnea
    55- Resporatory Distress 34 wks better by 45% O2 ?Hylain ,TT
    56-10 days baby found collapsed cyanotic ,midsystolicmurmur, ?congental As, COA
    57-Cyncotic after birh not responding to O2 , No murmur ?transpostion of great vessel, CoA
    58-Cynotic after 3 days no response to O2 no mumur? TGV+VSD , hypoplastic ventricle
    59-pt with many medication included digoxin , chlorthiazide …Low Na ..cause? Na deplesion
    60-psych .pt given $1000 for interview then $200 this called? Inducement
    61-Null theory to use two drugs trial?
    62-case of lady odd s/s for one yaer .presnted after failing in mid yaer exam? Prodermal schizophrenia
    63- case of infatile spasm Rx? Vigabatrin
    64-lady after death of hear husband wof is likely that she has depression? Sucidal ideas
    65-alcohlic ? CAGE except? Are you alcoholic?
    66-common recall , the one with problem with husband no money to travel ,3 kids?interveiw husband
    67-simlar case ? interview husband
    68- Wife had problem husband and just had mass removed from breast..husband came to your clinic asking about the result of biopsy ? call wife and ask for consent , give him, ask hime to talk to his wife
    69-borderline personality
    70-ADHD child with loss of concentration
    71-37 yrs first visit last pregnancy died at 28wks and was normal..what test to do?
    Chromasomal, antiphosphlipid AB

72-Anti phantibody associated with? Arrthmia, liver ,…
    73-37 y/o first visit , asking for the best to definitely confirm trisom with less risk?
    U/s to nuchal thickness ,aminocentesis
    74-ROM at 24wks,no infection what to do?Antoboitic tell birth , tocolytic tell birth
    75-advantage of CGT in uncomplicated pregnancy? Btter than intermiitant auscultation
    76 thyroid mass with hoarseness of voice Ix? FNC , U/s
    77-ant neck mass move with swallowing ,? Thyroid nodule, hyroglosal cyst
    78-sudden onest of calf pain in 50 yr old man during exercise ? rupture of gastocnmous , ( Achilles ruture wasn’t there?
    79-GORD and oesophagitis , obese , alcoholic, and smoker what to advise?
    Stop,alcohol, smoke and loss wt
    Stope alcohol , smoking
    Stop smoking
    Omeprazol

80- most serious condition that need laprotomy,? Ruture of intestine, rupture of bladder

81- Child with anemia URTI .low Hb , lowMCv, normal fertin DX
    82- by asking pt to draw pentagon shape , you are testing which part of the brain?
    Dominant frontal, dominant temoparaital, non dominant parital, hicamp

83-prevent dental caries? Florid water,
    84-CT – weakness …cerebral infarct, hemorrhage, SAH
    85- CT scan with opacity .. cerebral infarct, hemorrhage, SAH
    86-Wernicke encephalopathy
    87-Photo with pilonodal cyst
    88-recurrent DVT associated with- Pancreatic cancer
    89-Viral labrinthitis what do expect to see …I don’t rember options
    90- Vertigo and nausea , last yaer had the same and lost hearing of left ear..Dx?
    91-DVT s/s treatment? Anticoagulant + heparin
    92- DVT after operation ? 24hr, 24-72hr,after 72 onward.
    93 10 days after operation with dysnea left side chest pain Ix? ECG, CXR
    94 s/s of UTI not responding to Rx wof dx? Perirenal abscess
    95-s/s of nephrotoc syndrome
    96-how differnatiate bet hypercalcemia from Malg and primary hyperpathyrodism..
    High Alk.ph, High Calcium, parathrmon
    97- 57 yrold bipolar 10 year on lithium , notice she is overweight and slowness ?
    Lithium toxicity, relapse of bipolar, hyothyrodism
    98-epilepsy with carbimazipine foe 4 year …have more 3 a week episode mx?
    EEG, change Carbimazipine, CT scan
    99-parkinson dis with dementia , started halopridaol for his confusion. Two weeks ago..presnted by increase tremor and s/s of parkinson mx? Increase haloperidol, decrease haloperidol, increase anti Parkinson drugs,
    100-vegetrain with hx of ancephaly first prenatal visit mx…?no need for folic, 1mg folic, 4-5mg folic , 10 mg of folic.

101-farmer with sudden redness a pain in his eye.? Forign body
    102-82yr/o with car accienent she doesn’t see peripheral .what to do?
    Ask to repeat driving teat after reparing her car,
    103-TIA , unilateral weakness , for few minutes…no bruit on carotid DX? Carotid stenosis, vertibulabasilar,
    104-FOBT in duke 1 what the percentage will be +ve? 15%, 25%, %50,%75
    105-Labourer after one day of saw chain…pain and his arm dx? Subclaviam thromosis
    106- 50yr old man with pain redness and sewlling of testis .dischage from urthera ..enlarged prostate..DX
    Torsion, acute epididymas ,gonococal of testis and prostate
    107-Pulmonary fibrosis except? Decrease TLC, EVC1 decrease….
    108-Acute asthma ..after giving salbutamol..? oral steroid
    109-Iron posiing except? Can go after asymptomatic for 24hrs
    110 loss of planter flesion + inversion + ankle reflex..normal know reflex ? L4,L5, peroneal,sciatic, tibial.
    111- 80kg , 15% burn wof fliud for 24 hrs…there were 2 options with Hartman one of them with blood one without.
    112-Pyomania , ? seek appreciation of peers, crimal activity,political reasons, euphratic fleeing from firefighting and tools
    113-skin lesion without scale? SCC, BCC, psoriasis, Solar keratosis
    114.treatment with steroid except ? Discoid eczema, , atopic eczema, psoriasis, perioral dermatitis
    115-lethergic old man ..family hx of colon cancer Ix? Colonoscopy, fobt
    116-Amenorrhea in gymansiom player dx? Anorexia nervosa
    117-Bulimia?..less wt, relief after vomiting, contralable bingeeating
    118-cluster headache except ? waking at night, 2 hrs, lacrimation, vomiting
    119-proptosis and increase Alk.ph ? retroocular tumor, trauma,throxicosis
    120-Not in vertiblar basilar insuffeciancy ?dyphsia, dysathria, loss , unilateral loss of vision
    121-Not affected by pit . adenoma, ? optic chiasma, other part of pit, optic nerve
    122 Rt homonmis hemianopia? Opic nerve , opic chiasma, optic radiation, occipital lobe
    123-Pseudobulbur except ? dysphasia , loss of gage reflux, Fasciculation,dypahgia
    124-case I think was Pseudodemensia?
    125- DM and hemochromatosis Dx? Transferrin saturation, glucose, Fe

126- A young man with trauma to knee during sport.postive ant. Drawer test.? Ant. Crucial lig.
    127-common cause of rupture of extensor polices longus ?RA, fracture of lunate,
    128-Child with traction trauma, presented with pronation and flexion?sublaxation of radious head.
    129-Ant . dislocation of shoulder..? medication for reduction? midazolam/fentanyl for reduction of anterior shoulder dislocation
    130-10 years of using Ocp , wof cancer risk increase? Breast, ovary, endometruim,
    131-25yr/o woman with breast mass most likely? Fibroadenoma
    132-OCP , contraindicated except? Benign breast cancer
    133-screening ? early detection , available treatment, early detection for favorable treatment …something like that.
    134-Cin II during 12 wk pregnancy?colpscopy ..conization
    135-CIN3 during 13 pregancy
    136- definitive dx of tubal ectopic pregnancy.?hcg, laproscopy,U/s
    137-traetment of bone pain from metastasis after breast cancer and mastectomy?morphine, radiation
    138-painless cyst 4 cm inside vagina? Bartholin duct,wolffian duct, mellrian duct
    139- gross painless hematuria..wof? renal cancer ,bladder cancer
    140-,18month female with enlarged breast? idiopathic thelarch
    141-triple therapy for Duodenal ulcer ..? reduce relapse
    142-meningitis in children except? Should bulging frontale..
    143-Strabismus ? children should be checked 5-7 years old.
    144-poising with 120 tablet of paracetamal .liver abnormality Rx? Liver transplantation?
    145-lady in coma with low GCS.postive cold water in the ear.pin point pupil . injection signs at antacupital of arm? Opium intoxication
    146-Pt with open eyes to sound, localize pain, make incomprehnsive sounds Gcs?7,8,9,10
    147-16 wk preganant with sign of hypertension and abnormal renal test ? exising renal problem, preclamsia,
    148-S/s of sever preclampsia 36 week? Mg
    149-PE except? Pleural pain , tachypnia, increase breath sound.
    150-pneumonia with abscess formation except? P. carnii, staph, klebsella.
    151-Leg ischemia ? Bronchial ankle index>1 , relive by elevation, reilf by walking, muscle pain.
    152-you attended home of pt with oschlogoical problem who appeared with sword wof? Tell him to calm down, retreat and call plice , use physical force to sedate him
    153-difference between superfiacial and deep burn ? deep with more exudate ..
    154Child with recurrent UTI due to vesculourter reflex mx? Continoue antibiotic prophylaxis , intermittent Ab prophylaxis
    155 Chronic carrier of HBV ater 6 months? HBS Ag,HBeAg
    156- CXR ,sudden onset of chest pain after vomiting shows tracheal badly deviation to right side Dx? Pneumothorax, rupture of esophagous ,rupture of diaphragm
    157- Why we change from warfarin to heparin during pregnancy ?heparin easy to reverse, heparin doesn't cross placenta
    158- 56 old with palpale breast mass which seem to be benign cyst what to do next? Reassure, imaging studies, Ct Scan , FNC
    159- 55 y/o female with family hx
    Dad died of Colon cancer at 69 yr old
    Grand mother died of breast cancer at 55 yrold
    Grand father died of hereditary polposis at 56 yr/o
    What you screening?
    a- mammography
    b-colonoscopy
    c-Ct scan
    d-Mri
    160- Women with face pain and loss of sensation one side of her face?
    Trigeneal neaurolegia
    MS
    161-Cystic fibrosis s/s, Ix? Sweet test
    162- man with big toe painfull and enlaged dx? Gout
    163- Asprite from Knee cloudy –ve cluture, neirtophils,no crystal
    a- RA
    b-Gout
    c- pseudogout

164-S/s of SLE young female first Ix? ANA,
    165-recurrent acute gout Rx? Indomethacin ,
    166-Ca oxalate , calciuria how to prevent? Chlothiazide, aluprinol, low salt diet, low ca diet?
    167 the pt understands the dynamic factors that helps confilct resolution
    options had
    intelectualization
    insight
    168 – Massive ascitis in your physical exam all except?
    a- shifting dulness
    b-palpate hepatomegay
    c- inverted umbilicus
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

the ecg was not an inferior MI..it was pulmonary embolism SiQiiTiii.
  3. guest1234

guest1234 Guest

A man past history of peptic ulcer disease presented with haemetasis on gastroscopy one shaggy ulcer was found. Histology and cytology were negative. What will you do next?
    antacid
    Omeprazol
    Breath test for H. Pylory. ****
    I/V fluid.
    Antibiotic

Which one of the following indicates carrier state of Hepatitis B?
    a HbsAG ******
    b HbsAB
    c HbcAG
    d HBeAB

What is the finding in ECG for Hyperkalaemia?
    a) Peaked P wave and prolonged P R interval
    b) Wide QRS complex *******
    c) Presence of U wave.
    d) Bigemmni
    e) Inverted T wave.

bushfires motivation in teenagers
    a notorious and peer recognition
    b cover their crime
    c curiosity and fascination of fire
    d get panic attack ******
    e accident?

Anaesthetist failed intubaton, next step?
    a crico-thyrotomy
    b face mask ventilate
    c laryngal mask
    d trachaeostomy *******
    e
  4. arfg

arfg Guest

man with acute urine retension with history of back pain due to like disc or somthing and he is taking analgasics 4 the last 10 days and has prostatic ca ,whats the cause of retensin ?

* due to mtastatic prostatic ca
    *neuropathic bladder
    * due to itervertbral disc+++
    * due to analgsic

Q patent with less than 5% undefrantiated cells after transuretheral prostectomy ,what to do ??

*nothing+++
    *do complete prostectomy

Q whats the signs that indicate malignancy if u find a swelling in forearm with skin tethring ?

*finding of LN in axilla

Q AOF in pulmonary embolism except?
    * decrease S2 +++
    *syncopy
    *dysnpea
    *bronchial breath
  5. arlu

arlu Guest

169- common cause of limping in 5-10 years old boys ? Perthes

I clicked as Perthes as well. there were no scenarioo just ask abot common cause in 5-10y.o. fortunataly there were no transient synovitis in the options which is typical for 4-8y.o. it was not there.
  6. arlu

arlu Guest

A man past history of peptic ulcer disease presented with haemetasis on gastroscopy one shaggy ulcer was found. Histology and cytology were negative. What will you do next?
    antacid
    Omeprazol
    Breath test for H. Pylory.
    I/V fluid.
    A172- Child can say four wards including Mum,dad, spencer grasp, walk and stand with support ..age?

6 months
    9 mo
    12mo

173.in 24 months child can
    a- undo button
    b-do 2-3 blocks
    c-….

174- you have been asked to do seminar about child development which Qs will is most of your concern?

a- My child 10 mo without teeth
    b-My child is 7 months and panic from strangers
    c-my child 2months and doesn’t smile when you smile

I put like 18 mnth in the child with 4 words, I remember this Q was in March and it was confirmed like 18 mnts - Mastery as well
    174 - can't smile at 2 mnts
  7. arlu

arlu Guest

female picture has pain ans swellings in her neck ( parotid site ) for 2 days and a photo of aspiration of the swelling whats dx??

* suppurtive parotitis

Q with XR of lungs.. massive pleural effusion on the left lower and middle zone, cardiomegaly, no mediast. shift...hx 60-65y.o.man with NO tiredeness, fatigue, NO HEAVY smoking history...there were 40packs a year, after simple counting you get 2-3cigarettes a day which is according SNAP is level to advice to stop smoking but not the level Lung Ca screning....he worked as a coal miner, it gives me direction to think about occupational dis llike pneumoccocosis or even mesothelioma (even it was not asbestosis in hx)
    he had ONLY dyspnoe for exertion and cough (no haemoptysis)... it gives me direction to think about bronchogenic Ca and CHF
    the options were
    -bronchogenic Ca
    -CHF
    -mesothelioma
    -pneumoccocosis
    -and something else...do not remember...prh silicosis

first i clicked mesothelioma, i changed on Ca later and eventually i clicked something like CHF or mesothelioma again. I felt that I failed this Mastery so I concentrated on others.
    I can assure you there were nothing in that Hx and XR what can direct lead you to definite DS. I still thinking on this Q...perh it is Ca but i do not find anything to confirm that Ca can give you a such massive a half lung effusion without sptm... ask your help, guys in terms not to tell me that it is Ca but explain to me at which point I was wrong in thinking. Thanks.
  8. ausi

ausi Guest

Q man with acute urine retension with history of back pain due to like disc or somthing and he is taking analgasics 4 the last 10 days and has prostatic ca ,whats the cause of retensin ?

*neuropathic bladder
    * due to itervertbral disc
    * due to analgsic

Q patent with less than 5% undefrantiated cells after transuretheral prostectomy ,what to do ??

*nothing
    *do complete prostectomy

Q whats the signs that indecate malagnancy if u find a swelling in forearm with skin tethring ?

*finding of LN in axilla

Q AOF in pulmenry embolism except?
    * decrease S2
    *syncopy
    *dysnpea
    *bronchial breath

Q AOF in pulmenry fibrosis except ?
    * hilar lymphadenopathy [/b]
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

10. ausi

ausi Guest

In general May mcqs

*1- ECG inferior MI*
    *2-Xray 50 yrs old smoker and worked 10 years in a mine ..presented with cough and hemoptysis..Broncogenic carcinoma*

*5-*very ill child not responding to anti biotic ..admit to hospital..
    6-Bee sting – Adrenaline
    *9-5yr boy with injury in the garden..had just two vaccine..TT and booster after two months(march)
    *10-Photo-a new pigemnted lesion in the back of old man ..Mx.Surgecal removal
    11-Photo-black lesion in check of old man –melanotic BCC ,
    13-14yrs asking for OCP dosent wants her family to know wof..Give Ocp and advice recommend condom for her parner..
    14- old lady ulcer in the mouth with margin ..teeth not fitting .Dx..SCC , ulcer,
    15- Known case about human bite refuse to give HIV and HCV test ..Community health to make an order.
    17- food poising , after 10 days after a camp .cause?
    20-malgnent cell ..what will you find.? Ascitis, supraclaviclar LN, palpable lymph node pretoneal with rectal exam.
    21-Photo (page 281 anthology) sotop sacn of thyroid ..what do u expect? Lump in the neck ,
    22-asymptomatic young female sexually active without protection .Druge user (never IV) asking for screening Wof you most likely expect to find ..? HIv, syphilis, meningitis, chlamedia ..
    23 child with fever periorbital edema ..eye movement normal ? orbital cellultis, periorbital cellultitis
    *24-Rh –ve mother G5P4 at 30 weeks , child dead , 1000cc blood loss ..mx ? excep
    No need for Rhogam if she was AB free.
    25-blindness with MS what the possibly that with be back? 20%, 30%, 50%,75%
    *26-Leg ischemia when you need urgent intervention? No pulse , loss of sensation , paralysis,
    27-pain and redness in the medial side of leg rx? Ant coagula, analgesic and movement, elevation

*28-Pnemothroax tube? Fifth ICS ant axillary line
    29-trauma and pneumothorax S/S , unstable, first mx, ? needle , intubation, iv line
    *30-burn child with stridor, ? intubate (March)
    *31-burn , unable to intubate , ? tracheotomy , crich-thyroctomy
    32-Women asking about Laproscopy? Better for endo metreriosis
    33-Women with incontence and vaginal prolaps. Mx? Vaginal pessry, pelvic exercise.
    34-after delivery and during cord traction , Shock ?vaginal inversion
    35-Child with hypogylceamia, paarnet telephone you? Instaceglucose to be rubbed to his mouth , glucogan(farran Q)
    36-Mechanism of Glucogan ? liver to make glucose
    37-insulinoma ?A-low glucose, high insulin, high pro insulin b-low glucose ,high…
    38-DDX between hemolysis and chronic disease anemia ?decrease heptadin
    39-back from holidy in china , lymphoadenopath ..I don’t remember it
    40-Viral meningitis
    41-Xra with opacities in pelvic? Dermoid cyst, stones in bladder
    42-Man with inactive TB in xray , +ve skin test? Triple Rx for 6 month
    43-islander with high JVP, Concentrcive pericarditis
    44-Photo..Ring worm
    45-Photo of black lesion in the little toe ? malignant melanoma
    46-DM , neuropathy except ? bradycardia
    47-DM with hemochromatosis DX? Trasferiin saturation
    48-3rd neve palsy with reserve light reflex? DM
    49-s/s Von Willebrand disease and opration Mx?
    50-5 days after dialysis …Confusion.. intial iv? ECG, Xray, call hemodialysis
    51-1 hr after operation , shock? Hemorrhage , morphin overdose
    52-Lady with syncope , mid systolic murmur,?AS
    53-repeated syncope bradycardia ? heart block, AS
    54-Resporatory Distress 36wk relieved by O2 60%? Haylin , transit tachpnea
    55- Resporatory Distress 34 wks better by 45% O2 ?Hylain ,TT
    57-Cyncotic after birh not responding to O2 , No murmur ?transpostion of great vessel, CoA
    58-Cynotic after 3 days no response to O2 no mumur? TGV+VSD , hypoplastic ventricle
    59-pt with many medication included digoxin , chlorthiazide …Low Na ..cause? Na deplesion
    60-psych .pt given $1000 for interview then $200 this called? Inducement
    61-Null theory to use two drugs trial?
    62-case of lady odd s/s for one yaer .presnted after failing in mid yaer exam? Prodermal schizophrenia
    63- case of infatile spasm Rx? Vigabatrin
    64-lady after death of hear husband wof is likely that she has depression? Sucidal ideas
    65-alcohlic ? CAGE except? Are you alcoholic?
    66-common recall , the one with problem with husband no money to travel ,3 kids?interveiw husband
    67-simlar case ? interview husband
    68- Wife had problem husband and just had mass removed from breast..husband came to your clinic asking about the result of biopsy ? call wife and ask for consent , give him, ask hime to talk to his wife
    69-borderline personality
    70-ADHD child with loss of concentration
    71-37 yrs first visit last pregnancy died at 28wks and was normal..what test to do?
    Chromasomal, antiphosphlipid AB

72-Anti phantibody associated with? Arrthmia, liver ,…
    73-37 y/o first visit , asking for the best to definitely confirm trisom with less risk?
    U/s to nuchal thickness ,aminocentesis
    74-ROM at 24wks,no infection what to do?Antoboitic tell birth , tocolytic tell birth
    75-advantage of CGT in uncomplicated pregnancy? Btter than intermiitant auscultation
    76 thyroid mass with hoarseness of voice Ix? FNC , U/s
    77-ant neck mass move with swallowing ,? Thyroid nodule, hyroglosal cyst
    78-sudden onest of calf pain in 50 yr old man during exercise ? rupture of gastocnmous , ( Achilles ruture wasn’t there?
    79-GORD and oesophagitis , obese , alcoholic, and smoker what to advise?
    Stop,alcohol, smoke and loss wt
    Stope alcohol , smoking
    Stop smoking
    Omeprazol

80- most serious condition that need laprotomy,? Ruture of intestine, rupture of bladder

81- Child with anemia URTI .low Hb , lowMCv, normal fertin DX
    82- by asking pt to draw pentagon shape , you are testing which part of the brain?
    Dominant frontal, dominant temoparaital, non dominant parital, hicamp

83-prevent dental caries? Florid water,
    84-CT – weakness …cerebral infarct, hemorrhage, SAH
    85- CT scan with opacity .. cerebral infarct, hemorrhage, SAH
    86-Wernicke encephalopathy
    87-Photo with pilonodal cyst
    88-recurrent DVT associated with- Pancreatic cancer
    89-Viral labrinthitis what do expect to see …I don’t rember options
    90- Vertigo and nausea , last yaer had the same and lost hearing of left ear..Dx?
    91-DVT s/s treatment? Anticoagulant + heparin
    92- DVT after operation ? 24hr, 24-72hr,after 72 onward.
    93 10 days after operation with dysnea left side chest pain Ix? ECG, CXR
    94 s/s of UTI not responding to Rx wof dx? Perirenal abscess
    95-s/s of nephrotoc syndrome
    96-how differnatiate bet hypercalcemia from Malg and primary hyperpathyrodism..
    High Alk.ph, High Calcium, parathrmon
    97- 57 yrold bipolar 10 year on lithium , notice she is overweight and slowness ?
    Lithium toxicity, relapse of bipolar, hyothyrodism
    98-epilepsy with carbimazipine foe 4 year …have more 3 a week episode mx?
    EEG, change Carbimazipine, CT scan
    99-parkinson dis with dementia , started halopridaol for his confusion. Two weeks ago..presnted by increase tremor and s/s of parkinson mx? Increase haloperidol, decrease haloperidol, increase anti Parkinson drugs,
    100-vegetrain with hx of ancephaly first prenatal visit mx…?no need for folic, 1mg folic, 4-5mg folic , 10 mg of folic.

101-farmer with sudden redness a pain in his eye.? Forign body
    102-82yr/o with car accienent she doesn’t see peripheral .what to do?
    Ask to repeat driving teat after reparing her car,
    103-TIA , unilateral weakness , for few minutes…no bruit on carotid DX? Carotid stenosis, vertibulabasilar,
    104-FOBT in duke 1 what the percentage will be +ve? 15%, 25%, %50,%75
    105-Labourer after one day of saw chain…pain and his arm dx? Subclaviam thromosis
    106- 50yr old man with pain redness and sewlling of testis .dischage from urthera ..enlarged prostate..DX
    Torsion, acute epididymas ,gonococal of testis and prostate
    107-Pulmonary fibrosis except? Decrease TLC, EVC1 decrease….
    108-Acute asthma ..after giving salbutamol..? oral steroid
    109-Iron posiing except? Can go after asymptomatic for 24hrs
    110 loss of planter flesion + inversion + ankle reflex..normal know reflex ? L4,L5, peroneal,sciatic, tibial.
    111- 80kg , 15% burn wof fliud for 24 hrs…there were 2 options with Hartman one of them with blood one without.
    112-Pyomania , ? seek appreciation of peers, crimal activity,political reasons, euphratic fleeing from firefighting and tools
    113-skin lesion without scale? SCC, BCC, psoriasis, Solar keratosis
    114.treatment with steroid except ? Discoid eczema, , atopic eczema, psoriasis, perioral dermatitis
    115-lethergic old man ..family hx of colon cancer Ix? Colonoscopy, fobt
    116-Amenorrhea in gymansiom player dx? Anorexia nervosa
    117-Bulimia?..less wt, relief after vomiting, contralable bingeeating
    118-cluster headache except ? waking at night, 2 hrs, lacrimation, vomiting
    119-proptosis and increase Alk.ph ? retroocular tumor, trauma,throxicosis
    120-Not in vertiblar basilar insuffeciancy ?dyphsia, dysathria, loss , unilateral loss of vision
    121-Not affected by pit . adenoma, ? optic chiasma, other part of pit, optic nerve
    122 Rt homonmis hemianopia? Opic nerve , opic chiasma, optic radiation, occipital lobe
    123-Pseudobulbur except ? dysphasia , loss of gage reflux, Fasciculation,dypahgia
    124-case I think was Pseudodemensia?
    125- DM and hemochromatosis Dx? Transferrin saturation, glucose, Fe

126- A young man with trauma to knee during sport.postive ant. Drawer test.? Ant. Crucial lig.
    127-common cause of rupture of extensor polices longus ?RA, fracture of lunate,
    128-Child with traction trauma, presented with pronation and flexion?sublaxation of radious head.
    129-Ant . dislocation of shoulder..? medication for reduction? midazolam/fentanyl for reduction of anterior shoulder dislocation
    130-10 years of using Ocp , wof cancer risk increase? Breast, ovary, endometruim,
    131-25yr/o woman with breast mass most likely? Fibroadenoma
    132-OCP , contraindicated except? Benign breast cancer
    133-screening ? early detection , available treatment, early detection for favorable treatment …something like that.
    134-Cin II during 12 wk pregnancy?colpscopy ..conization
    135-CIN3 during 13 pregancy
    136- definitive dx of tubal ectopic pregnancy.?hcg, laproscopy,U/s
    137-traetment of bone pain from metastasis after breast cancer and mastectomy?morphine, radiation
    138-painless cyst 4 cm inside vagina? Bartholin duct,wolffian duct, mellrian duct
    139- gross painless hematuria..wof? renal cancer ,bladder cancer
    In patients with gross or microscopic hematuria, an upper tract source (kidneys and ureters) can be identified in 10% of cases. For upper tract sources, stone disease accounts for 40%, medical renal disease (medullary sponge kidney, glomerulonephritis, papillary necrosis) for 20%, renal cell carcinoma for 10%, and transitional cell carcinoma of the ureter or renal pelvis for 5%

140-,18month female with enlarged breast? idiopathic thelarch
    141-triple therapy for Duodenal ulcer ..? reduce relapse
    142-meningitis in children except? Should bulging frontale..
    143-Strabismus ? children should be checked 5-7 years old.
    144-poising with 120 tablet of paracetamal .liver abnormality Rx? Liver transplantation?
    145-lady in coma with low GCS.postive cold water in the ear.pin point pupil . injection signs at antacupital of arm? Opium intoxication
    146-Pt with open eyes to sound, localize pain, make incomprehnsive sounds Gcs?7,8,9,10
    147-16 wk preganant with sign of hypertension and abnormal renal test ? exising renal problem, preclamsia,
    148-S/s of sever preclampsia 36 week? Mg
    149-PE except? Pleural pain , tachypnia, increase breath sound.
    150-pneumonia with abscess formation except? P. carnii, staph, klebsella.
    151-Leg ischemia ? Bronchial ankle index>1 , relive by elevation, reilf by walking, muscle pain.
    152-you attended home of pt with psychological problem who appeared with sword wof?
    A- Tell him to calm down,
    B- retreat and call plice ,
    C- use physical force to sedate him

153-difference between superfiacial and deep burn ? deep with more exudate ..
    154Child with recurrent UTI due to vesculourter reflex mx? Continoue antibiotic prophylaxis , intermittent Ab prophylaxis
    155 Chronic carrier of HBV ater 6 months? HBS Ag,HBeAg
    156- CXR ,sudden onset of chest pain after vomiting shows tracheal badly deviation to right side Dx? Pneumothorax, rupture of esophagous ,rupture of diaphragm
    157- Why we change from warfarin to heparin during pregnancy ?heparin easy to reverse, heparin doesn't cross placenta
    158- 56 old with palpale breast mass which seem to be benign cyst what to do next? Reassure, imaging studies, Ct Scan , FNC
    159- 55 y/o female with family hx
    Dad died of Colon cancer at 69 yr old
    Grand mother died of breast cancer at 55 yrold
    Grand father died of hereditary polposis at 56 yr/o
    What you screening?
    a- mammography
    b-colonoscopy
    c-Ct scan
    d-Mri
    160- Women with face pain and loss of sensation one side of her face?
    Trigeneal neaurolegia
    MS
    161-Cystic fibrosis s/s, Ix? Sweet test
    162- man with big toe painfull and enlaged dx? Gout
    163- Asprite from Knee cloudy –ve cluture, neirtophils,no crystal
    a- RA
    b-Gout
    c- pseudogout

164-S/s of SLE young female first Ix? ANA,
    165-recurrent acute gout Rx? Indomethacin ,
    166-Ca oxalate , calciuria how to prevent? Chlothiazide, aluprinol, low salt diet, low ca diet?
    167 the pt understands the dynamic factors that helps confilct resolution

i had no idea what was that
    options had
    intelectualization
    insight
    168 – Massive ascitis in your physical exam all except?
    a- shifting dulness
    b-palpate hepatomegay
    c- inverted umbilicus
    169- common cause of limping in 5-10 years old boys ? Perthes

170-PHoto you will find? dupuytren's contracture

A. ischemia of deep flexor profonda
    b-thinkneing of flexor tendon sheeth(somthing like that)
    c
    d
    171- about mental health in Australia ? Depression could happen at any age Child , youth and eldery

172- Child can say four wards including Mum,dad, spencer grasp, walk and stand with support ..age?

6 months
    9 mo
    12mo

173.in 24 months child can
    a- undo button
    b-do 2-3 blocks
    c-….

174- you have been asked to do seminar about child development which Qs will is most of your concern?

a- My child 10 mo without teeth
    b-My child is 7 months and panic from strangers
    c-my child 2months and doesn’t smile when you smile
    d-

175 – time needed for ovum to transplant in the endomatrium?
    a-24 hrs
    b-6hrs
    c – 5 day
    d

176 .pregant wants to do hemophlus inflaunza?
    a-Leave after pregnancy
    b- second trimenster
    c-do it now
    According to the National Health and Medical Research
    Council Guidelines, influenza vaccine is safe for pregnant
    women, even in the first trimester of pregnancy. However,
    ProVax will not vaccinate women in the first trimester for
    legal reasons. If you are in the first trimester of pregnancy
    and wish to receive the vaccine, please visit your GP.
    177-1- a 10 month old baby with signs of bronchilitis (i think ) what is the organism??

respirtory senstial virus
    178-a lady with depression ,arthritis , and hypertension and take medication for all these , now has 2ndery amenorrhea ,which drug cause that??

sertalin , diclofenc, labetolol.........

179-3- 35 y old lady with FSH , LH , PROLACTIN all elevated and i dont rember about estridol level and on US she has 3-4 cysts on both ovaries
    ( i think POCS ) and she want to concive what u will give her?
    * low dose progesteron contraception
    * high dose estrogen contraception
    * clomephine.

180-a man who is smoker , heavy alchoholic ( i think has signs of heart failer ) but he has .....murmer and 3rd heart sound whats the dx??

* mitral incomptence due to rh heart disease
    *alcholic cardiomyopathy

181- man has a morbid jelusy ( it was a long Q with many details ) which of the following is the morbid jelusy??

*overvalueed ideas
    *paraniod delusion

182--myclonic jerks ocure in AOF except?
    *normal sleep
    *epilepsy
    *encephilitis
    *ureamia
    *parkinson disease

183-7-a lady with DM and obese with BMI (...) wants to concieve what advice u can give her ?
    * loose wt before becoming pregnant
    * control of DM befor she ovulaton and then onwords
    *contro of DM from 10 wks of pregnancy and then onwords
    * change of drugs into insuline during pregnancy

184-another Q about a child with UTI what u will give him ?
    *furantin (im or oral)
    *cefatrixon( im or oral )
    * ....... oral
    *........ im
    185-Q female picture has pain ans swellings in her neck ( parotid site ) for 2 days and a photo of aspiration of the swelling whats dx??

* suppurtive protitis

187-Child with diarrhea and reducing substances ? galactosemia
    188-Hyperkalemia in ECG ? Wide QRS
    189-S/S of cealiac disease in child Ix? Doudonal biopsy
    190-lactolose defeicy except? Noraml galactose absortion
    191 Pt with kidney transplanted presented with S/s of meningitis ? CSF –ve normal glucose and protein
    a-Viral meningitis
    b-TB
    c-cryptococcosis
    d-bacterial meningitis

192-193 –2cases Pt with s/s of renal stone best way of DX?
    a- Xray,
    b- U/S
    c.IVP,

194- 13 yr/o boy on 3rd percentile his parents on 50 percentile .parents worried ?
    a- he will be less than 50 percentile
    B- kerytyping
    c- he is normal.

195-18 yr/o with amenorrthea started have breast and pubic hair at 10 years. she have all women features (complet woman).Dx?

a-Turner (X,0)
    b-She is normal
    C-hpogonadism
    d-...

197 Q man with acute urine retension with history of back pain due to like disc or somthing and he is taking analgasics 4 the last 10 days and has prostatic ca ,whats the cause of retensin ?

*neuropathic bladder
    * due to itervertbral disc
    * due to analgesic

198- Q patent with less than 5% undefrantiated cells after transuretheral prostectomy ,what to do ??

*nothing
    *do complete prostectomy

199 A man past history of peptic ulcer disease presented with haemetasis on gastroscopy one shaggy ulcer was found. Histology and cytology were negative. What will you do next?
    antacid
    Omeprazol
    Breath test for H. Pylory.
    I/V fluid.
    Antibiotic

200 child with rash mainly on trunk and lower body and arthlegia 10 day after URTI what the next Ix for diagnosis?

US
    CBC
    Urine microscopy

201-Child 24 hours after URTI develops proteinuria + edema+..
    a-IgA
    b-Glomular nephropathy
    C- Post stre nepheropathy
  11. ausi

ausi Guest

*1- ECG inferior -MI*
    *2-Xray 50 yrs old smoker and worked 10 years in a mine ..presented with cough and hemoptysis..Broncogenic carcinoma*

*5-*very ill child not responding to anti biotic ..admit to hospital..
    6-Bee sting – Adrenaline
    *9-5yr boy with injury in the garden..had just two vaccine..TT and booster after two months(march)
    *10-Photo-a new pigemnted lesion in the back of old man ..Mx.Surgecal removal

11-Photo-black lesion in chek of old man –pigmented BCC ,
    17- food poising , after 10 days after a camp .cause? giardia
  12. Dr.Q

Dr.Q Guest

202- Why women in Australia prefer to use Yasmin contraceptive pill ?

a- reduce weight instead of increase weight .
  13. Dr.Q

Dr.Q Guest

203- A man with swelling in INGUINO – TESTICULAR region that disappear completely when lying dow ..

A- Direct inguinal hernia

B- Spigelian hernia

C-Obturator hernia

D-saphena varix*****

E-epigastric Hernia

*** correct answer is treat prophilactically as if he got HIV/HCV - also confirmed***

malgnent cell ..what will you find.? Ascitis, supraclaviclar LN, ***palpable lymph node pretoneal with rectal exam. ***
  14. DrDydy

DrDydy Guest

man after return from holiday in northen qeensland has fever ,headache , maylgia , back pain , and a rash , whats dx ??

*rose river virus *** my choice
    *dengue fever

its rose river virus ..the disease of Australia .
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

16. Guest05

Guest05 Guest

01) A young man is presented with short stature and increased skin elasticity. Which of the following is the most likely to be associated with this condition? I think it should be Down syn, but I could not find the answer
    a. lens dislocation
    b. aortic regurgitation
    c. mental retardation

It's possibly due to
    Marchessani’s syndrome: is characterised by:
    • short fingers
    • glaucoma
    • short stature
    • mental subnormality
    • lens dislocation
  17. Guest05

Guest05 Guest

01) A young man is presented with short stature and increased skin elasticity. Which of the following is the most likely to be associated with this condition? I think it should be Down syn, but I could not find the answer
    a. lens dislocation
    b. aortic regurgitation
    c. mental retardation

It's possibly due to
    Marchessani’s syndrome: is characterised by:
    • short fingers
    • glaucoma
    • short stature
    • mental subnormality
    • lens dislocation
  18. K.manoj

K.manoj Guest

18y.o. Chinese student come to see you with irregular periods after 2 weeks back from holiday in Malaysia. She feels tired, malaise, lymphaadenopathy, sore throat, splenomegaly...something more with generalised sptm
    -IM
    -postviral fatigue
    - fibromyalgia
    - somrthing else

correct answer is postviral fatigue (after IM). I thought they could not put a such obvious DS with simple story as a Mastery Q...so I was looking for more complicated answer...but mainly her gynaecological sptms distract me completeely...so one more my fault in Mastery.
  19. K.manoj

K.manoj Guest

28-Pnemothroax tube?
    Fifth ICS ant axillary line

I clicked 6 ICS .
    for this one check emedicin web site /Pneumothorax tube
    Needle aspiration
    Palpate the rib and intercostal space intended for needle aspiration. For air aspiration, the anterior approach at the second or third intercostal space at the midclavicular line or a lateral approach at the fifth or sixth intercostal space at the midaxillary line is appropriate. Instill local anesthetic as deep as to the pleura, directing the needle over the top of the rib into the desired intercostal space
  20. arlu

arlu Guest

One of PA heart defects was coarctation aorta with classic "femoral pulses not palpable"

another - TGA with no murmurs and so on

the 3rd...term baby 3500g feel goodat birth, on THIRD day deterioration Apgar, CYANOSIS, no murmurs...given O2...something else
    -TOF
    -hypoplastic
    -TGA +VSD
    -something else

I was not sure on exam and still do not know what could be correct options in cyanotic baby with no murmurs and normal presentation for the three first days of life - hypoplastic - do not think so
    anyway i clicked TOF just bcz i did not know answer and I read somewhwre that TOF getting cyanotic later and can not present with murmurs initially - not sure at all in my answer
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

22. Guest

Guest Guest

23. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you for these information

:roll: Thank you for all these MCQs. I just want to say to all candidates that you need to read more about each recall. for e.g. if the recall is about infantile spasm u need to read its dx, Rx , and outcome as u might face such a question in your exam. read ECG made eay and the emergency part of HOCM and best luck for every one. :D
  24. Guest

Guest Guest

This replay is regarding those MAY questions. which location did you take the exam? I took it in May in Brisbane. I can recognise most of the of questions.
  25. AMC aspirant

AMC aspirant Guest

hey i know

i know they r different in diffrent places one of my friends gave exam in sydney and other in perth and they both had diffrent set of questions so they might have given right questions more over our purpose here is to do as many theme possible which are asked bcoz i don't think anyway they r going to repeat whole questions
  26. Guest

Guest Guest

hi,thanks for the recall,plz email me the answers..and do i need to read oxford books cover to cover or just retrospectively only question related topics..suggest me some helpful books other than amc mutiple choice n anthrology..waiting