Melbourne 2007 Nov Recalls

Discussion in 'AMC Clinical Exam' started by Announcement, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Announcement

Announcement Guest

Haemoneumothorax Following RTA, CT Chest given Explain, Mx

I B S Counselling With social problems, All Ix Normal Pt Has stress in life she is angry. Explain & Mx

Wt loss with cough and runny nose (This was a nightmare!)

Obesity BMI 29, hyperlipidemia with family history of HT, IHD and BP 140/85 Talk to pt & Mx Pt asked tell me more about the diet.

Alcohol for 30 yrs with high MCV, GGT, and palpable liver BP 170/100 counselling and Mx Pt denies everything HE HAS TO STOP ALCOHOL AT ONCE. Tell him firmly

Confidentiality issue asking for information about wife and requesting refer to an institute( Would you like it if I go around and discuss your personnal stuff with others?)

Ulcerative colitis counselling & further management Explain what UC, What's the cause, Not infectious, Where r the lesions, only mucosal in large bowel, Treatment lifetime, Complications of rupture toxic mega colon, CA 15%, Probbale course of it. Examiner asked what r the treatments?

Horse shoe kidney CT Pt presented with Hematuria, Abdominal pain; Comment on CT explain to pt regarding the development of Horseshoe kidney. Risks of easy rupture and calculi

CVA/TIA Crossed weakness and numbness weakness improved Ask for Ex results order for Ix counselling & management; Pt had weakness L face and R body, now improved she has numbness over L face and R Body with L Ptosis and L Pupil changes i can't remember what.

Psoriasis counselling and management

Anaemia cow milk induced 18/12 only formula fed no solids a t all

Chronic dry cough in a 2 year old nocturnal symptoms+

Salmonella + stool in a kid who had fever , Blodd and mucus diarrhoea Dad runs a food bussines ,management and counselling Neeed to Notify Infectious Disease Control Unit

Eclampsia Fit in a 38/52, talk to mother and manage

Epileptic on valproate no fit for 2 years planning for pregnancy. Need to continue with drug treatment and give folate

Except fot Horseshoe Kidney, all the others are recalls!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    UK
  2. A A Khan

A A Khan Guest

Could you pl write a bit more about the stations.Thank you,
    A A K
  3. Announcement

Announcement Guest

I need to organize first then i'll do that.
    UK
  4. samora

samora Guest

thanks alot mate

thank you very very much and good luck. wish you the best
  5. Announcement

Announcement Guest

Thanks, Luck is what i think i need most now, coz i couldn't think of any thing during the exam nor could i organize myself

In this exam you don't have time to think and you have to act fast like a machine and finish the case.

If you know it you can do it if you don't know chances are that you may fail it. But if you don't know just go in with some plan in your head how to approach the case, then you may have a chance of getting through.

UK :!:
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Latest Questions

:)
  7. Pt married with 2 children went to Malaysia but she had these befor she went Wt loss fatigue nigt sweats runny nose and dry cough for three weeks those were the symptoms you can't go to diagnosis it's a nightmare to think of diagnosis in 8 mins on top of that you r only given the Ix that you ask, if you don't, they don't give; rather just go for dd then you are through
    DD
    HIV
    CA
    Hyperthyroidism
    TB
    Lymphoma
    Asthma
    DM

I don't know whether these guys have brains to put this sort of a thing for an 8 mins consultation

UK
  8. samora

samora Guest

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's that case????????????
  9. Wt loss night sweats case
    UK
  10. dfkjaglkj

dfkjaglkj Guest

Recalls details

1) Hemoneumothorax
    RTA, CT Chest given pat has no signs of tension neumothorax or any other problem
    Task Explain the CT to the Pt
    Plan Mx and Explain Mx to pt Monitoring, ICT, Chest physio
    Examiner- What are the complications of IC tube

2) I B S Counselling With social problems
    Air hostess, Husband has a mistress, doesn’t like the job, wants to get pregnant but husband? Angry, Several times investigated and examined no positive finding
    Gastroenterologist has given her a diet and told her it’s in her mind
    Task -Explain

3) 45 yrs old lady has a dry cough for 3 weeks with runny nose, night sweats and
    Wt loss.

4) Obesity BMI 29, hyperlipidemia with family history of HT, IHD and BP 140/85
    Lipid profile everything is up waist Circumference High
    Father IHD
    Mother HT
    Task Explain Mx

5) Alcohol for 30 yrs with high MCV, GGT, and palpable liver BP 170/100 Wife says he has marital disharmony, but pt denies everything
    Counselling and Mx

6) Confidentiality issue asking for information about wife and requesting refer to an institute
    Would you like if I go around and talk with other people regarding your personal health issues?

7) Ulcerative colitis counselling & further management
    Inflammatory condition, Ulcers in the lining of the large bowel, continuous lesions, not known cause, family hx, smoking, Cancer 15%, toxic mega colon, Bowel perforation, life time maintenance of therapy, Referal to gastroenterologist, Steroid enema+ other drugs May or may not need Surgery with permanent colostomy.

8) 48 yrs old lady truck driver Hematuria, Lower abd pain, CT done; Explain CT and the condition to the pt
    CT Horse shoe Kidney Axial CT
    Embryology, risk of Stagnation, UTI, Calculi, rupture if accident so needs bracelet

9) TIA Crossed weakness and numbness weakness improved with L Horner’s syndrome counselling & management Lateral medullary syndrome Pt has Hx of Hyperlipidemia

Lateral medullary syndrome- posterior inferior cerebral artery.

10) Psoriasis counselling and management
    Rapid turn over of cell layers, no cure, symptom control with drugs UV therapy, not cancer, Drugs, alcohol, accidents, stress can aggravate it

11) Anaemia cow milk induced 18/12 only formula fed no solids

12) Chronic dry cough in a 2 year old nocturnal symptoms+

13) 4Year old blood & mucus diarrhoea for 3days now diarrhoea settled, active child Stool report-Salmonella + Father runs a sandwich bar just before discharge, talk to father

Salmonella infection from Typhoid to Enterocolitis, Carrier 5% in kids, Faeco-oral transmission, Good hygiene, needs to inform DHS, How to prevent spread If he is a carrier- stool reports to check.

14) 38/52, had a fit in waiting room Normal Antenatal
    Ask for Ex findings-ABC Normal, Drowsy, Generalized oedema, Increased reflexes, Tender liver, Gum bleeding+ stopped, FHS+ Neurological signs-ve
    Explain to mother Risk of ICH What will happen at Hospital
    Mx
    IM MgSO4 5g/IV MgSO4 4g transfer, go with the Pt.

15) Epileptic on valproate no fit for 2 years planning for pregnancy; Pre-pregnancy counselling
    Multi disciplinary teamwork with Neurologist, Obstetrician, GP
    Foetal risks
    a) Increased epilepsy risk in the offspring 5-10%
    b) Prematurity
    c) Still births
    d) Neonatal & Perinatal deaths
    e) Hemorrhagic disease of newborn
    f) Congenital H disease & Cleft lip/ Palate- Phenytoin, Phenobarbitone
    g) Neural tube defects- Valproate, Carbamazepine

Maternal risks
    a) Increased fits mostly due to non compliance sleep deprivation
    b) Third trimester vaginal bleeding
    c) Fits during delivery or just after
    give Pamphlets and advice folate

16) Urge Incontinence with occasional stress incontinence

Mx
    Conservative for three months with bladder training and then refer to urologist
    Don’t offer surgery it could worsen the incontinence just refer

UK
  11. samora

samora Guest

thanks a lot

thank you very much and good luck for every one helps other mates
  12. ali77

ali77 Guest

partner in canbera for amc clinical

Hi everyone,

looking for a study partner in Canberra for clinical exam.Contact me on mohbatch2@hotmail.com

thanks