MMC Mumbai medical council Registration(RENEWAL)

Discussion in 'PG Entrance Message Board' started by ASHA PAIDHUNGAT, Nov 18, 2006.

1. HI ALL,

INDIAN EXPRESS(MUMBAI EDITION), DATED 17/11/2006 HAS ADVERTISED ABOUT RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION ON THE MMC REGISTER, FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN LISTED ON IT IN 2004 (EXCLUDING THOSE HAVING PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION), WITHIN 4 MONTHS FROM 2/11/2006.

THE APPLICATION FORM, DULY FILLED, HAS TO BE SUBMITTED ALONGWITH 2 PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOS(WITH NAME & REG.NO. BEHIND), ATTESTED COPIES OF MMC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE, PG REGISTRATION OF MMC, PLUS A DD/PAY ORDER OF RS.500/- FROM ANY NATIONALISED BANK, PREFERRABLY SBI, ADDRESSED TO REGISTRAR, MAHARASHTRA MEDICAL COUNCIL, PAYABLE AT MUMBAI.

THIS APPLIES TO ALL OF US, WHO ARE CURRENTLY WORKING IN MAHARAHTRA, AS WELL AS TO THOSE, WHO HAVE PASSED THEIR M.B.B.S FROM THIS STATE.FAILURE TO DO SO, WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL OF NAME FROM THE REGISTER!

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  2. kets

kets Guest

urgent

hi i have poased my m.b.b.s in 2005 n completed internship in2006 4m maha.state.i have registered myself withMMC in feb 2006.so do i need to renew it?plz reply urgently.
  3. MMC REGISTRATION

KETS,

YOU DON'T HAVE TO RENEW YOUR MMC REGISTRATION RIGHT NOW, BUT WILL HAVE TO DO SO EVERY 5 YEARS FROM 2006.THIS NOTICE IS MAINLY FOR ALL THOSE WHO REGISTERED WITH MMC, ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 2001, I.E, ALL THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED 5 YEARS, AFTER MMC REGISTRATION.THE ADVERTISEMENT STATES THAT ALL THOSE WHOSE NAMES ARE EXISTENT IN THE 2004 LIST OF GRADUATES ( WHICH INCLUDES MYSELF TOO, OF COURSE), HAVE TO RENEW THE MMC REGISTRATION, OTHERWISE WE'LL GET DE-LISTED!

IF A DOCTOR HAS GONE TO ANOTHER STATE & HAS REGISTERED WITH THAT PARTICULAR MEDICAL COUNCIL, ITS SUFFICIENT FOR HIM/HER, FROM THE MCI POINT OF VIEW, SO HE/SHE DOESN'T NEED TO REGISTER WITH MMC ADDITIONALLY, IN THAT CASE.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  4. mmc mumbai registration renewal

dear asha
    thanks for explaining the procedure but can you please tell us about how to go about getting the application form. is it available on the net so we all can download it.
    dr.hemant shinde
  5. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

DR.HEMANT,

VISIT THE MMC WEBSITE:-
    www.mmcmumbai.com

THE NOTICE AS WELL AS THE APPLICATION FORM ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE, SO TAKE OUT A PRINT TO SUBMIT THE SAME AT MMC, ARTHUR ROAD NAKA(NEAR KASTURBA HOSPITAL), SANE GURUJI MARG, MUMBAI.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  6. Ved P

Ved P Guest

mmc reg

Dear Asha,
    I have registered with mmc in aug 2003(MBBS) and Feb 2006(MD). Do I need to renew it now.Thanx,VP
  7. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

VED,

YOUR REGISTRATION IS VALID FOR 5 YEARS.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  8. hi,
    i've completed my mbbs in 2000,i did my md from nagpur .
    i have not registerded my self for md .
    how should i proceed.
    pankajomar@sify.com
  9. MMC REGISTRATION(RENEWAL)

PANKAJ,

YOU HAVE TO RENEW YOUR REGISTRATION, SINCE 5 YEARS HAVE PASSED.YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE NOTICE AS WELL AS THE FORM FROM THE MMC WEBSITE:-

www.mmcmumbai.com

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  10. azam

azam Guest

Hello everybody,

I checked the MMC website and nowhere it mentions that you have to renew only if its been more than 5 years since you first registered. It only says that all those whose names appear in the 31/12/2004 MMC register and people who have registered before this date (excluding those who were provisionally registered in 2004) should apply for renewal.
    This means that all of us registered before 2004 like 2002,2003, 2004 etc have to renew.

Please correct me if i am wrong or have missed something.
  11. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

AZAM,

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.EVEN I, MY HUSBAND & MY DAUGHTER, WHO HAVE GOT THE PERMANENT REGISTRATION FROM MMC BEFORE 2001, I.E MORE THAN 5 YEARS BACK, HAVE TO RENEW OUR REGISTRATION WITHIN 4 MONTHS FROM 2ND OF NOVEMBER 2006.

FAILING TO DO SO, WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL OF NAME FROM THE MMC REGISTER! AS YOU KNOW, THE PROCEDURE FOR RENEWAL, AFTER THAT IS VERY LENGTHY.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  12. renewal of mmc registeration

I am doing my MdD presently at nair hospital and shall be apearing in april 2007. I had registered iwith MMC in 2002 which I understand will expire in Jan 2007. But after my MD I shall go back to Delhi and apply for renewal of my registeration in delhi also expiring in 2007. If i have to come back to mumbai and practise in maybe after 5 years, should I renew the MMC registeration now or what do you suggest I should do?
  13. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

DR. MANI,

ITS BETTER TO RENEW YOUR MMC REGISTRATION BY JAN 2007, SO THAT IT DOESN'T LAPSE, IF THERE'S A SLIGHTEST POSSIBILITY THAT YOU MAY RETURN TO MUMBAI LATER ON, TO PRACTICE HERE.

IF AFTER YOUR MD, YOU ARE SURE OF SETTLING DOWN IN DELHI, YOU CAN ALWAYS APPLY FOR REGISTRATION TO THAT MEDICAL COUNCIL SUBSEQUENTLY.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT
  14. thanks for your advise.
    I have filled the form and shall submit it soon
  15. Geeta A

Geeta A Guest

Registration renewal

Hi
    I passed my MBBS in 2001. Then did 1y of my internship and went abroad. Will I have time till March 06 to renew my registration?. I suppose, if I send all the right documents, my friend could kindly do it for me. I assume, I dont have to be there personally. is that right?
    And just to confirm, should I get the photocopies of my certificates attested there in the UK?
    Thanks
    Geeta
  16. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

GEETA,

YOU WILL HAVE TO RENEW YOUR MMC REGISTRATION BY MARCH 2007, AS YOU ARE COMPLETING 5 YEARS BY THEN, SINCE YOU HAVE OBTAINED IT IN 2002, IN THE FIRST INSTANCE.

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO SEND ATTESTED COPIES WITH THE FORM, SO THAT THERE'S NO PROBLEM ON THAT ACCOUNT, ESPECIALLY AS YOU'RE OUTSIDE INDIA CURRENTLY.

YOU CAN EITHER SEND IT DIRECTLY TO MMC BY POST, OR REQUEST YOUR FRIEND TO SUBMIT THE PAPERS ON YOUR BEHALF, AT THEIR SAAT RASTA OFFICE, NEAR ARTHUR ROAD NAKA(CHINCHPOKLI), MUMBAI-400011.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  17. MMC registration

I have just heard about the new MMC registration rules. I have passed my MBBS in 1997, and then subsequently registered additional qualifications with the Maharashtra Medical council for my MD in internal medicine in 2002 and my DM, DNB in neurology and DNB internal medicine in 2006 Jan. My question is that do I have to register again with the MMC given that I have already registered an additional qualification in 2006 Jan. Currently I am in Canada doing my fellowship and I do need to know early enough so that I can get the papers to India in time. Thanks for your advice
  18. doc2003

doc2003 Guest

dr asha madam

hi dr asha,
    do u know whether we can send the renewal forms by post?
    its difficult for people out side mumbai ti go there just for that purpose.
    do u know?
    tell me about it.
    thanx.
    bye.
  19. MMC REGISTRATION

PETTARUSP WADIA,

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH THE MMC JUST RECENTLY, SO YOU NEED NOT RENEW YOUR REGISTRATION JUST NOW, SINCE ITS VALID FOR 5 YEARS.

DOC2003,

YOU CAN CERTAINLY SEND THE PAPERS, TO THE MMC OFFICE AT SAAT RASTA, BY POST.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  20. doc2003

doc2003 Guest

thanx

thanx dr asha for th einfo.
    now i will send it by post only
    bye
  21. M Bhatt

M Bhatt Guest

MMc renewal

I have registered with MMC years ago but have not registered my MD and DM degrees. Should I register with MMC for md AND dm AND RENEW MY REGISTERATION OR VISA VERSA?
  22. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

BHATT,

YOU'LL HAVE TO RENEW YOUR MMC REGISTRATION, AS MORE THAN 5 YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE YOU REGISTERED WITH THEM INITIALLY.

I, MY HUSBAND DR.J.V.PAIDHUNGAT & MY DAUGHTER, ALL 3 HAD TO RENEW OUR M.M.C REGISTRATION.

WHEN WE SUBMITTED OUR PAPERS TO THEIR OFFICE, WE WERE ONLY ASKED FOR COPIES OF THE M.M.C ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE & THE M.B.B.S DEGREE CERTIFICATE.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  23. M Bhatt

M Bhatt Guest

MMC renewal

I will renew my MBBS registeration.

I haven't registered my MD and Dm degrees with MMC earlier. Can I enter my MD and DM qualifications on the renewal form and thus register for them.

Or do I renew my MBBS registration with MMC and fill a separate form at MMC's Mulund Branch for registration for MD and DM?
  24. doc2003

doc2003 Guest

mr bhatt

dear dr bhatt,
    my friend also had similar problem.
    what we thought is to get ur pg degrees register first with mmc and then go for renewal.
    as the mmc people r gomig to give us a i card sort of thing, which will have our derees printed on it..............................
    this was our thinkng only.
    but to b on safer side its better to reg ur pg and then go for renewal.
    what do u say dr asha?
  25. Dr Pushpa

Dr Pushpa Guest

MMC registration

Dr. Asha
    I was registered with MMC in 1982 & it doesn't have any expiration date. I never had to renew my registration. In 1995 I got a certificate of good conduct to submit in another country. They didn't tell me to renew at that time either. Now I need certificate of good conduct again but I'm wondering if my name might have been removed from their list since I saw that notice on the MMC website. Can you give me some idea as to how to go about getting it re-entered? I tried sending them an email but it bounced back. I'm going to try & call them but I don't know if that will work either. I would appreciate any advice you can give me on this.
    Thank you
    Dr. Pushpa
  26. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

PUSHPA,

CHECK ON THE MMC WEBSITE FOR THESE DETAILS.I HAD ASKED A RELIABLE FRIEND OF MINE, WHO IS A MEMBER OF MMC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, ABOUT IT & WAS TOLD THAT EVERYONE HAS TO RENEW THE MMC REGISTRATION, IF 5 YEARS ARE ALREADY OVER.

www.mmcmumbai.com

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  27. Re registraction / renual

Dear Asha,

whether it is necessary to renew the registration who have registered with MMC in 1962 and there after renewed in 1976

please advice
  28. Dr Pushpa

Dr Pushpa Guest

MMC Registration

Dr Asha
    Thank you so much for the info.I managed to get MMC on the phone & all of us have to register irrespective of when we graduated.
    Thanks Once Again.
    Dr. Pushpa
  29. Dr Pushpa

Dr Pushpa Guest

renewal of reg.

Dr. Arving
    I understand all of us have to register irrespective of when we graduated.
    You also need to check if your name is active on their regsiter. The staff over there are very helpful & pleasant so talk to them before you send in your renewal.
    Hope this post helps you.
    Dr.Pushpa
  30. rjvaishya

rjvaishya Guest

i got my registration frommmcfor mbbs in 1989.at presnt I am parcticing in gujrat.i have done my registration in gujarat. ihave notreceived anyletter from mmc. please adviceme wether ihaveto renew my reg. with mmc or not?
  31. mmc reg renewal

Dr Asha
    I passed my MBBS in the year 1967& have additional qualification registration in 1973.Presently i am abroad on employment but would like to renew my registration with MMC.please tell me how to do it from here & how to send the registration fee? do you accept demand draft instead of pay order? Kindly reply soon. Thanks ... dr saroj
  32. MMC REGISTRATION

DR.SAROJ,

THE MMC CERTAINLY ACCEPTS A DEMAND DRAFT OF RS.500/-, WHICH IS NECESSARY FOR RENEWING YOUR REGISTRATION.OF COURSE, YOU'LL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM & SEND IT ALONGWITH THE DD, TO THE MMC OFFICE AT MUMBAI.
    ITS ADDRESS IS GIVEN ON ITS WEBSITE:-

www.mmcmumbai.com

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  33. Renewal

Hello Asha,

Thank you for posting information about renewal of registration with MMC.
    I got my registration in Feb 2003. I want to renew my registration. I am currently located in USA. Can you please tell me how shall I proceed with renewal. Do I have to mail or have to go personally for registration. I can arrange for someone who can mail for me with draft from Mumbai itself.
    Also when is the last date of renewal.

Looking for your prompt response and again thanks for posting all information.
  34. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

DR.RAFIQ,

YOU CAN POST THE PAPERS TO THE MMC OFFICE, ALONGWITH THE DRAFT, THROUGH YOUR FRIEND, AS YOU NEED NOT GO THERE PERSONALLY.

DOWNLOAD THE FORM FROM THE MMC WEBSITE, FILL IT UP YOURSELF & SEND IT TO YOUR RELATIVE, SO THAT HE CAN SUBMIT IT OR POST IT TO THE MMC OFFICE FROM INDIA ITSELF.

THE MMC WEBSITE IS:-
    www.mmcmumbai.com

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  35. Late fees for Renewal

Thanx Asha for your reply.
    I highly appreciate you for providing feedback to everyone in this matter.
    Can you tell me whether any late will applicable or just draft for Rs. 500 will be good.

Thanks
    Rafiq
  36. dr niketa

dr niketa Guest

late fees

Dr. Asha,

i had a question ,im a 2004 graduate,i got a renewal notice,but as i stay in the USA,the late date has past already,i dont know how much is the fine?is it Rs 100 per month or just Rs 100?Im trying to call mmc last4 days but cannot reach them.
    Should the late fees be included in the demand draft or should be in cash
    thanks for your help

Dr. Niketa
  37. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

DR.NIKETA,

SEND THE FORM WITH THE 500 RUPEES DRAFT AS SPECIFIED.THEY HAVEN'T MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT LATE FEE & AS YOU'RE IN USA RIGHT NOW, ITS NATURAL THAT YOU CAME TO KNOW ABOUT IT LATE!

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  38. renewal of registration

dear sir/madam
    i have given the form for renewal of registration of my daughter dr sangeeta joshi/karandikar in this month.your office had told me that the renewal certificate will be sent by post.i am now proceedind to south india and i may not be available in the house for taking the delivery of the certificate. i will return to mumbai after a month.what could be done if the certificate comes in my absence.can i take the delivery of the certificate after i return to mumbai?
    kindly guide me in this matter
    yours faithfully
    shobha joshi
  39. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

HI,

THE MMC IS QUITE PROMPT ABOUT SENDING THE RENEWAL LETTER. IT MAY COME WHEN YOU'RE AWAY, IF YOU'VE SUBMITTED IT ABOUT A MONTH BACK.

YOU CAN INFORM THE MMC THAT YOU'LL BE AWAY FOR A MONTH. ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN REQUEST YOUR NEIGHBOUR OR THE WATCHMAN OF YOUR SOCIETY, TO TAKE IT & PUT IT IN YOUR POSTBOX.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

internship related query

myself , passed MBBS from Nagpur University in winter 2005. But due to some unavoidable circumstances, i could not join internship.Now i would like to join Internship.Can i join it now,if not how to solve the problem . Is there any rule regarding that, also i have not applied for provisional registration to state medical council. can i apply it now. please clarify the queries my email id is drsnjyshiwnkr@rediffmail.com
  41. renewal

dear sir,
    i have received renewal.
    i had applied in june2007 and received in aug2007. name and registration no is correct. but identity card shows date of issue 8-4-07 i.e april2007.
    what should i do
    thanking you
    shobha
  42. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

HELLO,

WHEN WAS YOUR EARLIER MMC REGISTRATION DONE?IF 5 YEARS WERE OVER BY APRIL 2007, THEY MAY HAVE GIVEN YOU CONTINUATION FROM THAT MONTH ITSELF, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR IT MUCH LATER.AS LONG AS THE NAME, PHOTO & REGISTRATION NO. ARE RIGHT WHY DO YOU WORRY?I DON'T THINK THAT THERE WILL BE ANY PROBLEM FOR YOU, ON THAT ACCOUNT.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  43. renewal

dear dr,
    yestarday i had e-mailed,waiting for reply. my question is i have received my daughter's renewal on mumbai adderess. application was made in june2007.renewal received in aug. 2007. along with letter they have sent an identity card in which name , registration no and date of registration is correct. but date of issue i.e date on which identity card is issued is08-04-2007. i.e april2007. at present she is abroad, what should i do?please advise.
    shobha (mother)
  44. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

HELLO,

YOU CAN TRY PHONING THE MMC OFFICE AT ARTHUR ROAD NAKA, TO CLEAR YOUR DOUBTS.IF YOU'RE STAYING IN BOMBAY ITSELF, YOU MAYBE ABLE TO GO THERE TOO, IF THERE'S ANY DIFFICULTY.

THE MMC PHONE NUMBERS ARE GIVEN ON THE WEBSITE:-

www.mmcmumbai.com

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  45. reneval of registration

i had submitted Rs 500 D.D. one year back but 8 days before your office told me that give another d.d for reneval your regestration. so i had submitting another d.d. so please refund my earlier d.d.
  46. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

HELLO,

HAD THE MMC OFFICE NOT GOT YOUR 1ST DD, THAT THEY ASKED YOU TO SUBMIT IT AGAIN WITHIN 1 YEAR? WAS DD SENT BY REGISTERED POST?MMC HAD TOLD EVERYONE TO RENEW REGISTRATION, IF IT WAS DONE BEFORE 2004, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.

IF YOU HAD GIVEN THEM A 2ND DD DUE TO SOME CONFUSION OR A MISUNDERSTANDING, YOU CAN CHECK DETAILS ON THE WEBSITE & REPRESENT TO THE MMC OFFICE (IF POSSIBLE, PERSONALLY) & TRY TO SHOW THEM THE RELEVANT PAPERS. IF YOU'RE LUCKY, YOU'LL GET BACK YOUR 500 RUPEES!

THE MMC WEBSITE IS :-
    www.mmcmumbai.com

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  47. MY REGISTRATION NO IS 68006 I HAVE ALREADY RECEVED RENEWED REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE IN 26-5-2007 BUT IN DECEMBER AGAIN PHONE FROM YOUR OFFICE CAME AND TOLD THAT YOUR DD IS NOT EXACT AMOUNT SO PLEASE SEND ANOTHER DD OF 500 RS SO I SEND DD OF 500 RS ON19 DEC. 2007 . MY REQUEST IS TO RETURN PREVEOUS DD BACK.PLEASE SEE IN MATTER. :lol:
  48. Guest

Guest Guest

hello madam,
    i m dr neelam ..i have completed my MBBS & MD from mumbai. i got my MMC renewed from MMC. but now i have relocated to hyderabad , whr the present pvt hospital asks me to register in Andhra pradesh medical council for MD .I HAVE NOT YET REGISTERED IN mmc for MD.
    my query is if i have registerd in AP., do i have to again register in my parent state i.e MMC?
    PLS REPLY..
  49. MMC REGISTRATION RENEWAL

HELLO,

SINCE YOU'VE RENEWED YOUR MMC REGISTRATION FOR MBBS, YOU NEEDN'T RENEW IT AGAIN FOR MD, BUT ANDHRA PRADESH BEING A DIFFERENT STATE, YOU'VE GOT TO REGISTER WITH THEIR MEDICAL COUNCIL TO PRACTICE THERE.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  50. registration [n MMC

dear Sir, Ihave graduated from Calcutta and registered in WEST bengal MEDICAL counci[. Ipassed MD from SRTR medical college AMBAJOGAI. Marathwada university in 1987. I want to register my MD in MMC. please let me know how I can do it. thank you.