MRCOG 1 SEPTEMBER 2008 RECALLS

Discussion in 'MRCOG Forum' started by I WILL SURVIVE 1, Sep 1, 2008.

1. i will try to post all what i will remember please help me to remember

emq 3 all about cystic fibrosis
  2. su

su Guest

2008 part 1 mrcog

questions

screening tests for a-thallesemia trait
    iron deficiency amemia,folic acid anemia and....EMQ

RECEPTORS FOR ESTROGEN,PROGESTERONE,PROSTAGLANDIN,INSULIN ....EMQ

NERVE SUPPLYING PERIANAL SKIN,PUDENDAL NERVE ORIGIN,LA DURING EPISIOTOMY IS GIVEN FOR?????......EMQ
  3. EMQ receptors for insulin
    prostaglandins
    estogen
    progesteron

emq traetment of chlamedia
    ..................bacterial vaginosis

emq pre malignant conditions
    emq statistics calculate n to be traetad
    emq diagnosis of
    iron defecincy anaemia
    folic acid ..................
    early untrated syphylis
    emq congenital adrenal h icreased ? SUBSTANCE
    emq embryology 4 cells ? day
    vertebra formation
  4. please all of you ,it was very very difficult for me ,i dont know if i will pass or no ,share your experience
    mcq about DIGITALIS, cyclosporine .mitochondrial dna ,cd8 cells , the uterer(2 mcq) ,3 repeated statistics mcqs,
    EMQ 36 WS PRIMI GRAVIDA had flu like sympt , the baby was born jaundiced , hepatosplenomegaly ,skIn rash , brady cardia
    ,,,,choose the cuase (all viruses ,bacteria,listeria,plasmodium )??????

EMQ ...why we do local infiltration + pudendal block

EMQ ...cause of post operative infection ??pseudomonas

EMQ .....WHICH vit or mineral absorbtion is affected by phytate (no iron in the choices
  5. MCQ

citric acid cycle
    fatty acid oxidation
    ???? genetic imprinting
    ?????stylomastoid foramen
    spinal cord
    in smooth muscle cells /regeneration possible /actin &myosin present/lengh of fibers
    repeated 2 mcqs u/s and radiation effect
    apoptosis
    2 mcqs about hyperplasia
    pelvic splanchnic nerve
  6. Farida.

Farida. Guest

Paper 1 & 2 EMQs

A lady is about to deliver and you are about to give her a pudendal block..

a) ant division of ant. remi of S2-4
    b) ant division of post.rami of S2-4
    b)genitofemoral nerve
    c) post division of ant. remi of S2-4
    d) post division of post. remi of S2-4
    e) sensory supply of perineal nerve
    f) inferior rectal nerve
    g) ischial tuberosity
    h)ischial spine

Q1 -wht is the root value of pudendal nerve?
    Q2- wht nerve supplies lower part of vagina (I think)?
    Q3 –why do u give local skin infiltration before episiotomy?

If we take the day of fertilization as Day’0’ then…

Day2
    Day4
    Day 8
    Day 10
    Day12
    Day 14
    Day 18
    Day20
    Day 22
    Day 24
    Day 26
    Day 42
    Day 56
    Day 70

Q4-Which represents 4 cell stage ?
    Q5- conceptus implants completely?
    Q6-feable hrt pulse seen on ultrasound?
    Q7- vertebra form completely?

Table: on different values given for deaths due to maternal mortality with direct and indirect causes as well as # of days from delivery to the cause of death

Deaths due to
    placenta previa and hypovolemia x @ e.g 20 days,10 days,8days etc
    suicide(with previous hx of psychiatric illness)
    crash victim
    diabetic neuropathy
    two more causes given with values

Different numbers were given in options

Q8-the number of late maternal deaths due to indirect causes?
    Q9-number of maternal deaths due to direct causes?

Calculate Numbers needed to treat from a drug trial on osteoporosis: (Q frm EMQ book)

Options

others

Q10-N1=10,n2=5,n3=9990,n4=9995
    Q11-N1=50,N2=25,n3=9950,N4=9975

FSH
    Oxytocin
    GH
    Prolactin
    Rennin
    ACTH
    etc

Q12-which is a protein with alpha and beta subunits ?
    Q13 – which stimulates mineralocorticoid activity/relsease?
    Q14- which hormone is produced by posterior pituatory?

Folic acid
    Magnesium
    Calcium
    Vit b1-B12 given

Q15- which vitamin is required in 400mcgs at preconception?
    Q16-which vitamins absorption is hampered by oxalic acid & phytates?
    Insulin & Glucagon excretion

Decrease decrease
    Increase increase
    Increase decrease
    Deacrease increase
    Nochange no change
    Nochange increase
    Nochange decrease
    Etc

Q-17-on taking a large protein meal?

Folowing are risk factors for cancer

Q-18- HCC – ans Hep B

Q19- Skin cancer-ans UV radiation

Q20- Cervical/uterine cancer-ans HPV

Q21- Breast cancer-ans BRCA1 mutation

(Repeats from march 2008)

Hormone receptors for following are located in

a) protein kinase nuclease receptor
    b) nucleae transcription receptor
    c) G-linked cell membrane receptor
    d) G-linked golgi apparatus receptor
    e) Protein complex intra cytoplasmic receptor
    f) Multiligand receptor in cell membrane etc
    g) Protein Tyrosine kinase activity receptor on cell membrane

Q22- Insulin
    Q23-PG E2
    Q24-Estrogen
    Q25-Progesterone

Q26-A family with one kid presumed to have cystic fibrosis however cftr gene mutation was not detected. Family members willing to give samples if needed.mother wants definite diagnosis as she is 11wks and wants to know diagnosis for her baby.parents are cousins with 1st degree relatives having cystic fibrosis. Invasive diagnostics can be applied to reach final results by?
    Q27-you have Guthrie spot of their son how will u diagnose him for cystic fibrosis?
    Q28- families in uk with cystic fibrosis how will u find f508?
    Options:

Pcr
    Fish test
    Chromosomal linkage analysis
    Telomer analysis
    Sum hereditary crosslinkage chromosomal option (dnt remember)
    Screen for some known gene mutation
    Sweat test
    Saliva test
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

EMQ 1 ST PAPER
    WHICH NERVE SUPPLIES PERIANAL SKIN

EMQ 2 CYSTIC FIBROSIS
    a - invasive testing will be done ( she is preg 11 ws) which test

b- their child blood is ready for guathri test ,which test you will do

c- the relatives are willing to be tested , which test will reveal the 405 mutation for families in great braiten

any one have suggetions
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

more options were given for these qs
    karyotyping
    comparative genomic hybridization
    flourecent ????
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

paper 1 mcqs hard
    paper 2 emq very hard
    anyone agrees with me ???
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

emq was very hard really and confusing too
    new mcq question too
    anyway good luck to all of us
    all we can do now is praying hoping we can pass
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

mrcog 1 paper comments

hi every one
    the emq portion was very tough, especially paper 2. well hope for the best.
  12. amaal

amaal Guest

MCQ

propranolol
    smooth endoplasmic reticulum
    anal canal
    smooth muscles (2 mcq ,paper1 ,2 )
    primitive streak
    fetal circulation
    ??microtubules
    digitalis
    mcq ; the following are bacteria cryptococcus ,candida,histoplasmosis,
    mcq : the embryological origin of peritoneum,....
    mcq mitosis miosis
    mcq : the follwing are structral abnormalities of chromosomes
    mcq : ?..................increase with preg
    mcq : drug interaction methotrexate , sulphonamides
  13. amaal

amaal Guest

mcq :arterial and mean blood pressure
    mcq : causes of alkalosis
    mcq : the folloing are types of cells with their secretion
    ? endothelial cells heparin
    ?mast cells igE
    ? plasma celle
    (i am not sure of the exact coupling)

mcq at 20 ws gestation rbcs are made in liver
    lymph nodes
    spleen
    bone marrow
    mcq about pudendal nerve
    mcq ischiorectal fossa
    mcq ureter in abdomen
    mcq ureter in pelvis
    mcq foramen of winslow (in detailes)
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

mcq kallman syndrome in men
    mcq hcg
    mcq trophoplasts
    mcq ? all types of cells in islets of langerhans and their products
    mcq the following are premalignant conditions: paget disease ...(repeat
    mcq endotoxins or exotoxins ( i am not sure)

there was too many new qs , do you agree with me , i studiededfromm all the sources available and spent lots of money on all sites but many many qs were not included , now ifeel like a fool . what about you members here ? i have been reading what kaven ang crase and glad were doing , Hey all of you hope you did well give us your openion
    sad and not glad :(
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

MCQ CORPUS LUTEUM
    mianly endothelial clls
    secerets inhibin
    function decrease after 12 ws

MCQ INHIBIN
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

am sitting for march exam , please inform me where to get answers for all these qs , can you post more qs
    i wish you good luck
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

40 % of the mcqs were repeated but the emqs were very difficult
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

:lol: i passed already part 1 first attempt ,lots of studing for 9 month ,recommend busy spr , exam gate
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

i too passed.......... :lol:
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

PAAASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 month of green book answers with own research...

9 months is a bit too much I'd say!

You'll never read and remember, what will be asked in the end.

E.g. Cystic fibrosis tests ...
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

i passed :lol: i had to study and search for answers my self too, the qs on the forum are good but 50% of answers are wrong i had to study plenty of difficult subjects and i opened netters,ganong (most valuable book in the worrld) and lots of net resaech on the net but even after the exam i cant find answers for cystic fibrosis , the answers for receptors collected from busy spr ,physiology on chamberl,and biochem, anatomy qs are mostly repeated, endocrine study it by heart,statistics collect all qs and try them and memorize definitions of maternal mortality and neonatal motality net research ,on the net calculators for creatinine clearance and crl are v good,i used langmans embryology to understand only , write your own list of what happens at what time,pass papers are mandatory,many repeated qs ,emq book of royal collage very imp in statistics not present elsewhere,on exam i joined printed all 1000 qs but studied only biophysics and statistics qs the rest is awaste of time , all other books of how to study,how to prepare, mcqs, all are waste of money ,i didnt take any course , i joined all busy spr ,notes were primary source , finally depend on your own work ,it took me 9 month because i was afraid to sit for last march but about 4-5 month of regular study is enough good luck .
  22. i passed :lol study and search yourself for whatever you are in doubt ,best on the internet
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

oh yeah and - besides not going to the MRCOG course in London - do not throw your money on onexamination.com. A complete WASTE. This will only confuse you even more.

And if you are wondering, why you shouldn't try the other MCQ books - read one original exam and then compare these questions with the concocted ones... you'll see the difference.
  24. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh and - my most favourite question came :D

what causes hydronephrosis - renal vene thrombosis, mercury poisoning?

Whenever we didn't really study, we tried to answer that question... if anyone finds a positive source, please do mention it, I'd love to know...

I think, both are wrong.
  25. Guest

Guest Guest

1997 1998 1999 2000

march sept march sept march sept march sept
    1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

1 TFTTT FTTTT FFTTF TFFTF TFFFT TTTTT FFTTF TTTTT 1 FTFFT FFTTT TFFTF TFFTF FFTTF TFFTF FFTFF TTTTT
    2 FFTFF TTFFF FTFTF TTFTF TTTFT TFTTT TFFFT TTFFT 2 TFFTF TTTFT FTFTF TFTFT TFTTF ?FTTFT FFTTF TTTTT
    3 FTTFT TTFFT TFFTT FTFTT FTTTF TFFTF FFFTT TFTTF 3 FFTTF FTTTT TFFFT TFFTF FTFFT FFTTT FTTFT TFTTT
    4 TTTTF FTFTF TFFTT FTFFF FTFFF TTTTF FFTFT TFFFF 4 FTFFF TFFFT FTTFT FTTFT FTFTT TFTTF TTFFF T?FTTT
    5 TTFFT TTTTT FFTTF TFTTT TFFTF FFFFF TFFFF TTTTT 5 FTFFF TFTTT FTFTT TFTTF TFTFT TTFTF TFFFT TTTTT
    6 FFTFT FFFFT TFFFT TFFFF TFTFF TTTFT FTTFF FTFFT 6 FFFFF FFTTF TTFFF FTTTF TFFFT FTTTT FFTFT TTFTT
    7 TTTTF FTFTF FTTFT TFFTT TTTFT TFTFF TTFFF FTTTT 7 TFFFF TFTTF FTTTF FFFFF FTFFT TFTFF FTTTF FFTTT
    8 FFFTF TFTTT FTFTF TTTTF TTFFF FFFTF TTFFF TTTT?_ 8 FTFFT FFFTF TFTFT FTTFT TFTFF TTTFT TTTFF FTTTF
    9 TTTFF TTFTT TTTTF FTTTF FTFTT FTTTF FTFTF TTTTF 9 FTFTF TTFTT FFTFF FTTFT FTFFF FTFTT FFTFT TFTFF
    10 TFFFF TFTTT TTFTT FFFTT TTFFF FTFTT FTFFT TTFFF 10 FFFTF FTTFF FFFTF FTTFT TTFFT TTTTT FFTTF FFTTF
    11 FFFFT TFTTF TTFTT FFTTF FFFFF TTFFF TTFFT TTTTF 11 FTTTF FTTTF FTTFT FTTTT FFFTT FFFTF FFTTT TTTTF
    12 FFFTF FTFFF FFTTT FTFTF FTTFF FFFTT FTFTT FTFFT 12 TTTTT FFTFF TFTTF FTFTT TTFFF FFFT?T FFFFT TTTFF
    13 FFTFT FTTFF FTFTF TFFFT TTTFT FFTTT FTTTF FFTFF 13 TFTTF FFFFF TFTFF TFTFT FFFTF TFTTT FFFTT FFTFT
    14 TTFFT TTFFT FTTTF TFFTF FTFFF TFTFF TFFTF TFTTF 14 FTFTT TTFTF FTFTF FTTFF TFFFF TFFFF TTFTF FFFFF
    15 TFTTT FTTFF TFFTT TTTFT TTFTT FTTFT TFFTF TTTFT 15 TFTFF TTFFT TTFTT TFFFT TTTFF FTTTT TFTFT FFFTT
    16 TFTTT TFFTF FFFTT TTFFT TFFfT TFTFT TTFTT TFTTF 16 FTTTT TFTFF TTTTT FTFFF TTFFF FTFTF FFTFT TFTTT
    17 TFTFF TFFFT TTFTF FTFTT FTFFT FFTT?_ FFFFT TTFFF 17 FTTT?F FTFTT FTFTT TTTFF TFFTT FTTFT FTTFT FFFFT
    18 FFFFT TTFFT FTTTF TTTFF TFFTF FTFTT FTTTF FFFTF 18 TFFFF TFFTT FFFTT TTFFT FFFTT TTTFT TTFTF TFFTF
    19 FTTFF FTFTT TTTFT TTTFF TTFTF FFFFT FTTFT TTTFT 19 TFTFF TTTTF FFFFT TFTFF FFFTT FTFTF TTFTF FTFTT
    20 TTTFT FTTFT TFFTT FFFTT TFFTT FTFFF ?TTTTT FTFFT 20 TTTFT FFTTF FFFTT FTFFF FTFTT FTFTF FTTFT TFTFF
    21 TFTTT TTTTF FTTFF TFTFF TTFFT FFTFF TTFTF FTFTT 21 TTTTF FTTTF TTTTF FTFTT TFFTT FFTFT TFTFF FFTFF
    22 FTFTT TTFFT FFFFF FTFFF TFFFT TTTFT T?TTFT TTTTT 22 FFFFT TTTTF FFFFT TTTFT TFTFT TFFTT TTTFT TTFFT
    23 TTTTF FTFFT TFFFT TTTTT TTFFF FTTTT TFTFF TTTTT 23 FTFFT FFTTT TFFTT FFFT?F TFFFT TFTTF FTFTT TTFFT
    24 FFTFT TFTFT TTFTF TTTFT FTFTT FTTTT TFTFT FTTTT 24 TFTTF FTTFT TFTTF TTT?F?F TFTFF FTTTF TFTFT FFTFT
    25 TTFTF TFTFT FTTFF FFFTF TFFTF FFTFF FFFTT FTFTT 25 TFFTF FTFFF FFTFT TT?FTF FTFTT FFTTT TTFTF TTTFT
    26 FFFTT FTTTF FTFTT FTTTF TFFTF FTFTT FFTFF TTTTF 26 FTFTT FTFTF TTTTT FTTTF TTFTT FTTFT FFFTT TTFTT
    27 TFTFF FFFTT TFFTT FTTFT FFFTT TTTTT TTFTF FTFFF 27 FTFFT FFTTF TFTFT FTFFT FFFTT FTTTT TFFTF FTFFF
    28 FFTTF TTTFT T?_?_?_T TFFTT TTTTF FTTFT TFFFT FFTTT 28 FFTTT TTFFT TFFFT FTFTT TFTTF FFTTT TFTFF TFFTT
    29 FTFTT FFTFT FTTFT FFTTT TFTFT FTFTT TTTTF TFTTT 29 TTFTF TFFFF FTFFT TTTTT FFTFF FFTTT FFFFF TTFFT
    30 FFTTT TTFFT TFFTF FFFTF FFTTF TTTTT TTTFF FFFFT 30 TTFFF FTTTT FFFFT FTTFT FTTFT FFFTF FTTTF TTTFT
    31 TFFFT TFTTF TFFFF TFTTT TTFTF FTTTF TFTFT TFTFF 31 FTFTT FTTFF FTTFF TTTTF TFFFT FFFFT FFTTF FFTFF
    32 FTTTT TFFTF FFFTT FTFTT FTTFF TTTFT FTTTT FTTFT 32 FTTFT TFFFT FFFFF FFTTT TTFTF FTFTT TFFTF FTFTT
    33 FFTFT FTFTT FTTTF TFTTT FFFFT FTTFT FTTTF TTFTF 33 FTTTT FTFTF FFTFT FTFTF FTTFT TFTFT FFTFF TTTTT
    34 FFTTT TFFTT TFTTF TFFTT FFTTT TFTTF FTTFT FFFFT 34 FTFTT FTTTT TTTFF TTTFF FFFTT FTTFT TTFFF FTTTT
    35 TFFFF FFTFF FFTFF FFTFT TFTFT TTFFT FTTTF FTTFT 35 TFTFF TFFTT TFTFT TTTTF FFFTT TFTTT TTTTF TTFFF
    36 FFTFF FTTFT TTTTF FTFTF TTFTT FTTFF FTFFT FFTFF 36 TFTTT FFTFT FTFTT FTFFF FTTTF TFTFT FTFTT TFFTT
    37 TTFTF FFTTF TTFFF FFFTT TTTTF TFTTF FTFFF FTFFF 37 TFFFF FFFTT TFFTT TTTFT TFTTF TTFFT FFFFT TFTFF
    38 TTFFF FFTTT TTFFT FTTTF FFTTT TTTFF FTTFF FTTTF 38 FTFFT FFTFF TFFFF FFTFF TTFFF TTFTF TFTFF TTFFT
    39 FTTFF TFTTT TTFTT FTFTF TFFTT FTFTF FTFTT TFTTF 39 TFTTT FFTTT FTTTF FFTTT TTFFT TFTFT TFFFF FFTTT
    40 FTFTT FFFTT TTTFT FFFTT TFTFF TTFTF FFTFT TFFFF 40 FTTTT FTFTT FTFFT TFTFT FFTTF TTFTT TFFFT FTFTF
    41 FFTTF FTFFF FTTTF FFTFF FTTTF TTTFF FTFTF FTFTF 41 FFTFT TT?TTT TFTFT TTFTF TTFTT FFTFT TTTTF FTFTF
    42 FTTTT ?FTTTT TFFFF FFTFT FTTFT FFFTT TFFFF FFFTF 42 FFTTT FTF?_F TFFFF FFTTT TFFTT FTTTF TFFFF TTTTT
    43 TTFTF TFFTF FTFfT FTFTT TFFTF FFFTF FTFFT TFFT?T 43 TFFTF FFFFF TTTFF TTFTF FTFTT FFFTT FTTFT FFFFT
    44 TFFFT FTFTT TFTTF TFTFT TTFTT FTFTF FFTTF TFTFT 44 TFFTT TFTFT FFFTT FFTTF TTFTF FFTFF FFTTF TTFTT
    45 TFFTT TTTTT FTFFF FTTFF TTTFF FTTTF TTTTT TFTFT 45 TTFFF FTTTT TTFTT FTTFT TFTFT FFTFT FTFTF TFTTT
    46 TFTTF FTFFT FFTTF TFFFT TFTFF TFTTT TFTFT TTTFF 46 FFFTT TFTTF TFTTF FFTTF TFFTT FTFTT TFTTF FFTFF
    47 TFFTF TTTFT FTFFT TTTTT FTTFT TTFTF FTFTT TTTFT 47 FFFTT ?F?FTT?F TTFTF TTFFF TTTTT FTTFF FTFFT FTFFF
    48 TTTTF FTTTT FFTFT FFTFF FTFFT FTTFT TFFTT FTFTT 48 TTFFT TFTFT TFTFT TTFTF TFFFF TFFFT FTFFT FTTFF
    49 FFTFT FFFTF TFFTF FTTFF TFFTF FTFFT TFTTF TFFTF 49 FTFFT TTFFF FTFTF TFFTF FFTFT FTTFT FFTFT TTFFT
    50 FTFFF TTFFT TFFFF TFTFT FTFTT TFFTF 50 TFFFF TFTFT TTFFF TFFTF FFFTF FTFTT FTFFF TFTTF
  26. kumari

kumari Guest

finding company for mrcog

antone interested to do mrcog .when?
  27. M.IQBAL

M.IQBAL Guest

I am apearing for march exam......is there anyone to help.....hellooooooooooo :shock:
  28. danny

danny Guest

MRCOG part question

dear doctor.

I would be sitting for mrcog coming exam part 1 . just found out this site...
    would anyone of you pls sent me the past year question..

email: danny_tch@yahoo.com

i would like to thank you in advance.
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

luxme59

dear dr nelnar can you send me the papers on my email please.... my e mail : luxme59@yahoo.co.in
  30. mukarram

mukarram Guest

guidance

i have taken this exam thrice but time formate was easy when formate changed i gaveup already. i foundit difficult .dont knowhow to prepare again.can any body guide me what i should go for what books i should read what on line course better to subscribe from where to preparefor statistics . a big nightmare again to start and scared of failure again
  31. mukarram

mukarram Guest

guidance

i have taken this exam thrice but time formate was easy when formate changed i gaveup already. i foundit difficult .dont knowhow to prepare again.can any body guide me what i should go for what books i should read what on line course better to subscribe from where to preparefor statistics . a big nightmare again to start and scared of failure again
  32. mukarram

mukarram Guest

guidance

33. mukarram

mukarram Guest

guidance

34. mukarram

mukarram Guest

guidance

35. mukarram

mukarram Guest

guidance

36. mukarram

mukarram Guest

answer for cystic fibrosis is pcr she ll go for choinic villus biopsy
  37. tanyapal

tanyapal Guest

HELP! HELP! HELP!

hi guys that passed mrcog part 1!!! can you please share your study materials for financial benefit! please, contact me on drtanyapal at yahoo dot com. please, please, really desperate, sitting next march. regards. tanya