mrcp april 2008 recalled questions

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by sheikoo, Apr 12, 2008.

1. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

very tough nausating exam allah mawgoood
    here r some questions hope every one share
    1/ vancomycin side effect anaphylaxis
    2/ methicilin resistant staph ttt vancomycin
    3/lithium toxicty predisposed by diuretics
    4/ carbamazipine overdose within 2 hour what to do think mutiple activated charcoal
    5/ prophylaxis of cluster headache think verapamil
    6/ intial ttt of hypocalcaemia in pt with renal failure
    is ca carbonate or alpha
    7/ photo orf
    8/ photo molloscum
    9/ photo necrobiosis lipiodcum as chest x ray negative
    10/ pt on anti TB ttt develop nausea and elevated enzyme what to do
    stop all or continue
    11/ diagnosis of acromegaly gtt
    12/ i think there is case of compulsive water drinking
    13/ radio iodine therapy in pt with graves make eye signd deteriorated
    14/ prognostic sign of pneumonia urea more than 7
    15/case of statin myopathy
    16/ photo SAH
    17/ flouxtine as cause of SIADH
    18/ pt with severe depression on flouxtine stop ttt since one weak what do
    restart it or change or give diazepam
    19/ pt with severe depression with suicidal attempt ttt is it ECT or drugs
    20/ pt withsevere depression father has hungtinton came with symptoms of hung + vf
    found paper he do not want the life what to do
    21/ photo bronchiatasis
    22/ pt with haematemesis after sever vomiting mallory weis syn
    23/ pt with syphilis has sensitivity to penicillin star with doxycyclin what more to do ????..........................
    24/ orlistat for over wt
    25/ statin induced myopathy
    26/ pt with tetanus what to give human antibodis
    27/ pt with ulcerative colitis what is the cause of elevated alkaline phosphatase
    psc
    28/ ttt of brain abcess flagyl+ ceftrixone or flucloxacin + cef
    29/ drug cause jaundice
    clarthromycin amoxicillin flucloxacin
    30/ photo pyoderma gangrinosum
    31/ how to prevent contrast induced nephropathy
    plenty of fluids
    32/ is there any cat scratch disease
    33/ overstimation in echo in AS is it AR
    34/ PT WITH MI HAS PANSYSTOLIC MURMUR
    TRANSTHORACIC ECHO
    35/ RELEIFING THE SYMPTOMS OF MENOPAUSE GINE OESTROGEN
    36/ CASE OF PAROXYSMAL SVT
    37/ PT OM WARAFARIN AND MECHNICAL VALVE HAS DLEEDING STOP WARA
    WHAT TO DO GIVE HEPARIN
    38/ NON ALCOHOLIC HEPATITIS
    39/ PT WITH RH ARTHRITIS + VERY HIGH FERRTIN
    STILL DISEASE
    40/ CAES OF WERNICKES ENCHEPHALOPATHY
    41/ THIAMINE TT
    42/ ESSENTIAL TREMORS
    43/ CAUSTIVE ORGANISM TO CHOLECYCTITIS E COLI OR BACTEROIDS
    44/ TRANSUDATE PLEURAL EFFUSION HEART FAILURE
    45/ HPEROSMOLAR NON KETOTIC STATE
    46/ ACUTE HEPATITIS B PT TTT IS IT SUPP OR ALPHAENTERPHERON
    47/ TTT OF CHRONICH MYLOID ALPHA ENTER OR TRANSPLNAT
    48/ PT WITH PAINLESS LYMPH NODE FINE NEEDLE NOT DIAGNOSTIC WHAT TO DO EXCESION BIOPSY ???
    49/ AMIODARONE INDUCED THYROID MANY CASES
    50/ PT HAS RENAL FAILURE START DIALYSIS DEVELOP CONVULSION WHAT IS THE CAUSE
  2. adelaliDODO

adelaliDODO Guest

HOPE AND HELP

SALAMO ALYCOM ...
    HOPE FOR ALL TO SUCCESS :D :D :D

I'm planning to sit the next diet 2/2008 please advice me sooooon

THANKS
  3. raf

raf Guest

comments on questions

Assalaamu alaikkum evry1,
    Comments on above questions and answers. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    1 – Vancomycin – psudoanaphylaxis , cause he was given vancomycin twice daily.he developed the rash only for the first dose.
    5. cluster headache – prophylasis – lithium
    7 - Photo orf - ??? . ulcerative leision near ear lobe – looks like basal cell carcinoma.
    8 - Photo molasscum ??? - picture of tattoo with skin rash,(not elevated,macular leision ), with choice – chicken pox, allergy , molascum, milia - milia was the very close answer.
    10 – continue ATT – as Lfts r not elevated much
    12 - Case of DI cos Plasma osm was high and given urine osml was low with concentrated blood pic ( high normal na and k)
    18. restart paroxitine
    23. syphilis , after trtment with penicillin vdrl reduced and tpa – remained positive – assure and discharge
    24. orlistat ( pt reduced wt previous 1 month from BMI 29.5 to 28.5 ) can b given with bmi <30 ?? don’t know ,I also answered as orlistat
    29. drugs caused jaundice in this pt – flucloxacin (drugs causing cholestasis pic are co amoxiclav, flucloxacillin, erythromycin, nitrofurantoin)
    32. cat scratch disease?? - I think I didn’t see this question itself – did u remember the scenario?
    46 – there is a pt with hep c antibody positive with HAV antigen positive??? With dearranged Lfts (hepatitis), - ???? supect hepatitis A virus - management – no treatment
    47. Asymptomatic CML – Imatinib
    49. Only 1 case of amidarone induced hyperthyroid (rest r not)- management – start carbimazole ( don’t stop amidrone cos this pt v.tac was under control by amidarone)
    50. post dialysis convultion first time - ? cerebral odema.
  4. raf

raf Guest

advice for part - 2 mrcp

assalaamu alaikkum ,adelaliDODO

go for - sanjay sharma ( rapid review of clinical medicine for mrcp - 2)
    - Onexamination part - 2
    - Ecgs , x- rays .

Dont forget to review once what u have studied for part 1 (exp basic science and stats)

Practice mcqs under time pressure.

Dont waste more time for pictures.

All the best.
  5. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

7/ orf is not photo think case description
    47/ cml ttt is alphe inerpheron
    1/ bnf mension anaphylaxis not pseudo in vanco
    8/ i think it is umblicated small lesion
  6. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

1/ streptococcus bovis in pt malignancy and infective endocarditis
    2/ photo barrets or .....
    3/ pt with ca oesaphegus stent apply develop sudden dysphagia to fluids and solid completely
    food bolus/ stent move // malignancy
    4/ hyperparathyroid in elder with hyper ca
    5/ prognosis in heart failure nyha 2 spironolactone
    6/ family pedigree ca breast is it BRCA2 OR P53
    7/ pt with unilateral optic atrophy with other side papilloedema is it meningioma or
    8/ one case of PAN
    9/ case RTA TYPE I
    10/POLYCYCTIC KIDNEY associated mitral valve prolapse
    11/ case of MEN 2
    12/ PT WITH MALT positive helico pyllori ttt erradication of helico
    13/ case of rhabdomyolysis
    14/ hiv pt low cd tb avium
    15/ eaton lambert diseae
    16/ retinitis pegmentosa + deafness
    visual deffect central/ periphral/ high alititude
    17/ bloody diarrhia is shegilla?????????????
    18/very elder i think 90 year with sone ttt endoscopy / surgical / lithotripsy
    19/ pt with residual urine in bldder 230 ml ttt
    perminant catherter / once catheter/
    20/ elder with urinary incontinance + hypertension which drug used for
    HTN doxasin / diuretics/ amlodipine / lisinopril
  7. raf

raf Guest

pictures in part - 2

These r the pictures came this time.

1. x-ray of shoulder joint -( left )- with erotion in head of humerous (pat with >10 yrs of RA)- ? Avascular necrosis, calcular tendonitis, secondary OA
    2. Picture of rash in leg -Necrobious lipo
    3.Picture of ulcerative leision (with elevated margins)near lt ear - ?BCC
    4.Picture of CT chest ( compleately forget the scenario)-came in 1st paper treatment choice – asprin, dexamethazone, etc…
    5.CT chest picture – bronchiactasis
    6. ECG of 2 nd degree av block - (2:1 av block exactly) – 2 p wave and 1 qrs complex
    7. ECG of V Tac and delta wave and irregular beats – treatment - permanent ablation
    8. pic of pyoderma gangrenosum
    9.Erethema nodosum pic – bechets
    10.Chest x-ray with b/l infiltration – I think scenario of haemoptysis - ??? cause ???malignancy
    11.Chest x- ray with crecentic 2 air filled leision - ?? Aspergilosis
    12.X-ray pelvis – (female)? Pagets
    13.Retinitis pigmentosa picture- reduced Periphera vision
    14.Ecg of svt – known asthmatic – management – verapamil
    15.Ecg of torsadis de pon - hypotension and unstable – dc shock
    16.Echo – Atial myxoma
    17.Ecg of posterior wall mi with ? inf wall – management – sterpto / altepase
    18.Ecg of dextrocardia
    19. Picture of tattoo with rash on one side of tattoo (non elevated rash) – milia ?
    20.Ecg of wpw syndrome with voltage criteria for LVH-(patient of HOCM with WPW syndrome) – what is the ecg diagnosis – wpw syndrome.
    21.Picture of face with rash elevated erythromatous and bulla – intact - ? cellulites
    22.Ct of subarconoid haemorrhage
    23.Endoscopy of oesophagus – barrets oesophagus
    24.X-ray of both hands showing erotion in right ring distal phalanx with soft tissue swelling – pat was on thiazide - ? trophaceous gout , ? psudo gout ,? RA .? hyperparathyroidism
    25.Ct brain with frontal abscess – management ??? antibiotics combination
    26.X-ray of Thoracic spine with fracture (male) with sensory signs _- ? malignant infiltration, ? osteoporotic #, ? osteophytes
    27.Picture of face (47 yr old female) – Rocacea
    28.Ecg of inferior wall MI- ? cause - plaque rupture
    29.Ecg of compleate heart block
    30.Chest x-ray – h/o malignant melanoma - ? malignant infiltration
    31.Ecg of digoxin toxicity – reversed tick
    32.Ct – abdomen – adrenal carcinoma
    33.Ct skull - ?pitutary calcification
    34.ECg showing > 3mm st depression in lateral leads – (NSTEMI) management – angio
    35.Skin biopsy (pat with h/o celiac disease and rash) – Dermatomyositis
    36.Specimen of kidney – polycystic kidney – associated leision – MV prolapse

This much pictures only came I think. if anything more please mention,
    And please place your valuable comments.
  8. raf

raf Guest

Assalaamu alikkum sheikoo,

Thank for the comments, I think I left the question of orf( I completely forget)
    I now remember the umbilicated lesion in tattoo – there was 2 small pearls kept separately above the leision – I thought this single leision occurred due to the pearl which has fallen. – thanks for the comments

In your 2nd set of questions

3- I think it is due to radiation mucitis cos patient cant able to swallow even saliva.
    11- case of men 2 - the scenario was made to think that the patient has men – 2 , cos pat was not affected by thyroid problem(operated) may b sister doesn’t have ca medulary thyroid and other1 has another problem, but our patient has only only hyperparathyroid I think – I can able to recollect that senario faintly only – I doubt it is men – 2.
    14 – patient with low cd count – around 8 / 18 and cacecxic , weak – avium option was there? I think tuberculosis option was there.
    17 – boody diarrhea, h/o travel , rt upper quadrent abd pain - ?? amoebiasis
    18 – 90 yrs old with frcture hand with cast, cbd – dilated - I think ERCP
    19 – Multiple sclerosis patient with residual urine – intermittent catheterization.
    20 – elderly with urinary incon – I think I didn’t attent this ques.

thank you.
  9. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

1/ think there is acase of normal pressure hydrocephalus
    2/ what about MRI thoracic spine oteo or metas
    3/ pt with hodgkin complete 5 cycles therapy in need of blood transfusion what to give CMV seroneative / kell/ full blood
  10. raf

raf Guest

assalaamu alaikkum,

s, there was a cas of normal pressure hydrocephalus
    MRI - spine i went for metastasis instead of osteoporotic # cos of male patient.
    for hodkins- transfution- irradiated blood -(i think its wrong cos irradiation is done for post bone marrow transplant transfutions ), i am not sure of answer in it.
  11. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

mrcp april 2008

1/ pt minimal change GN respond to steroid what is the fate
    2/ pt on thalidomide what do condom /ocp / both /nothing
    3/ 2 cases of pt with sleep dist and snoring and abnormal movement at night ttt and diagnosis
    4/ ulnar nerve compression what to do x ray cevical / thoracic / nerve conduction
    5/ is there any case of cryoglobulin
    6/ pt took drug at nightclub what is that ecstay/ lysergic/ amphet
    7/ coeliac disease on diet deteriorate
    biopsy / dairy food / antibodies
    8/ loss of coscious started by parasthesia in rt arm then coma +1 hour post confusion and tired whais diagnosis
    9/ pt with renal failure has warts then develop skin lesion localized what is that non melanotic melaonoma / keratosis
  12. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

mrcp april 2008

hi every one what is going on where the questions why not share with questions comment so get benefit all so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[

pt with chest pain troponin negative after 12 hour what to do
    stress test / echo / angiograph
  13. dregypt

dregypt Guest

new

The Exam was so bad, u cant say it was diffecult because u dont have time to read to qs .
    the funest thing in it , the was q say ( apical murmer at left sternal border)
    how is that?????!!!!!!!!!
    :lol: :lol:
    about some q
    I chose epilepsy 3 times , 1st man with atack of unpleasent sensation start in the face and then to arm and durring attack he cant find the words
    the 2nd old femal go to urinate at midnight and then loss of consiousness and her husband see her tiwitchinglimda and urination in her self after that she had headach and confusion for SEVERAL mins
    the 3rd old male come with 3 episod pf loss conciousness and after each he had headach and confusion for about hours
  14. dregypt

dregypt Guest

ss

antibiotics
    1 one q about brain abcess cef + metronidasol
    3 one about old femal with fever and dysuria and she gaved amoxicillin but no responce for 3 days .....>>>>>> I chose Trimexa I guss rt one was cipro
    4 vancomyci and PSUDO allergy ,
    5 imipenem after 3 days using it the pt have hypotension after 5 min of IV >>>> i chose pridinsilon I dont know the idea of the qs
    6 pnumonia but I dont remem,ber the q
    7 fulloxacillin and cholestatic juandice
  15. dregypt

dregypt Guest

ee

plz ALLAH to make me pass..

caeliac with good intial responce then no response >>>>>>>>>>food diary
    2 small int. crohns and have steatorrhra >>> I chose give her shor chain fatty acid becuse I thinjk its d2 bile acid malabsorption so give here fst dont need bile acid
    3 UC and PSC
    4 UC with above knee DVT and platlet 840 but pt come 2 days befor with exacerbation and her intstine loss ALOT of blood>>>> whts ttt 4 DVT asprin or Heparin or stocking
    5 pt with colon cancer and 2 cm livver metastasi in small livver lobe>>>tttt i chose surgury for bothj
    6 colon cancer have surgery and after 6 mon come with 6 cm rt liver lobe >>>> ttt i chose palliative
    7 NASH
    8 chronic pancreatitis and CT
    9 ERCP
    10 eradication therapy
    11 DU and filed endoscopy to stop bleeding, the pt take 4 blood pack>>> i chose angio and embolization othe option was give him AB or metonidazol there was no surgury option
    12 old pt with Fe def. anemaian eith normal endoscopy and barium>>> i chose rbcs scan other option re endoscoy of the colon
    13 pt with fe and folat and Ca deficincy with normal b12 anf she was vegeterian>>> i chose cealiac dis
    14 pt with rt uper abd pain( peridic) and very hisgh 1500 ast or ALT i dont remmeber and normal albumin and bil for 5 days ,the pt is ht dis and take statini>> I chose statin
    15 tb pt with deranged liver enzyme i chose stop rifampicin and rechck liver enzyme in 2 ws
    16 osph cance with stent complain of SUDDEN dyspagia and cant swallow hie salaiva there was no pain>>>> stent malfunction ( ity may slipt away )
  16. dregypt

dregypt Guest

photo

pict was
    1 tow pict for WPS
    2 one lung cancer and heamatemsis laser
    3 apical ct with extensive small cysts
    4 ct abd and rt adrenal carcinoma
    5 ct thoracic spin and fever >>> the was one vertebra and in its middle there is necrosis with sclerotic margin so I chose osteomalitis
    6 PCKD and MItral prolaps
    7 Echo of mitral myxoma but in the qs ther was apical systolic murmure
    8 VT
    9 inferior MI d2 rupture of atherosclerotic plaque
    10 ECG ( i coulnt know it) and the pt complian of pain and he gave nito and morphin whats the next drugs>>> heparin or streptokinase or Alteplas or abcixmab or terofiban I chose heparin just because other option of the same gps
    11 mollasicum
    12 BCC
    13 cellulitis
    14 rosacia
    15 avascular necrosis of hummer head
    16 EN i chose behcet ( pt with pharyngral ulcer, young femal, and EN and night fever malias, abd pain normal Abd US have all vaccin normal CXR)
    the choise was behcet crohons, iliac TB or yersinia)
    17 brain abcess
    18 SAH classic
    19 pitutary I think it was normal but i chose crainopahryngioma
  17. dregypt

dregypt Guest

cns

1 essential tremor
    2 verapamil for cluster
    3 skul base metastasi for pt with 8,9,10 cr nerve
    4 subdural for old with 6th cr and mild heamiparisi
    5 faciscapulo myopathy
    6 3 epilipsy as i was post
    7 AD
    8 lews body dementia
    9 PD with dyskinesi , GP increas l dopa dos pt the pt have hallucination what u will do>> decreas l dopa dos or dopaminergic drug
    10 restless leg syndrom twice one diagnosis the othe ttt I chose ropinerol
    11 pt loss her job las year and try suices befor come with sever depression and heavy alcohol>>> antideprresent or chlordiazopoxid
    13 neck LN and undetermind FNA next I chose ct neck and thoracs>> i think it mnay be papillary thyroid or lymphoma
    14 amoidaron and thyrotocicosi and normal TPO i chose stop it
    15 alchoholoic with AF and dilated cardiomyopathy with rt flant pain and heamaturia >> ischemic nephritis and alchoholic cardiomyopathy
    16 median nerve lesion with high CRP and ESR i chose atrial myxoma
    17 ulnar nerve lesion >> i chose nerve conduction
    18 MND ??nerve and EMG
    19 acut polymyostid>> pt with pro ms weakness very high ms enzyme and ESR and monnuclear inflitration of the ms
    20 scleroderma
    21 adult stills dis
    22 gout one DIP with soft tissue swlling in pt with long hx of HTN
    23 depressed pt take anti HTN for long time come with renal failure>>> i chose thiazid i think it incraese lithume cons and lithume cause CIN
    24 carbamazepin with mulidose activated charchol
    25 GABA toxicity
    26 farmer with paraqut toxixity
  18. dregypt

dregypt Guest

ss

1 forestry with pnumonia I chose chly psitassi
    2 bat colony caves with pnumonia I chose coccidomyucosis bu i think its histoplasmosis
    3 typhoid clasiic pict
    4 amebiasis
    5 schistosomiasis classic
    6 liptospirosis
    7 Mycobactrium avium in AIDS
    8 AIDS pt with CD4 <20 with high signal sulci and suden onset heampligia but no MASS effect what to give next>>> i chose steriod i dont know
    8 aids with atrophy of brain i chose PMLE threr wasnt AIDS dementia
    9 syphilis with ttt by tetracyclin 6 mon after that VDRL decrease 4x >> reasurance
    10 microprolactinoma for 5 ys ttt by dopaminrgic drugs and pt get pregnant with prolactin 1500 but no other complain anf normal feild by conforantation>>> reasurance
    11 1rr adrenal hypre
    12 essential HTN
    13 renal artery stenosis in young femal
    14 men2
    15 many thyriod and supra renal qs
    16 HRt FOR SYMPTOMS
    17 pt withfamily his of oseteoperosis come for check up with high Ca I chose vit D toxicity
    18 pt with osteomalicia biochemistry but with pigmentaion on one side of neck and chsex i chose osteomalicia i dont know whats pigmentation is
    19 CRF with loe Ca 1.9 and high Po4 i chose Ca carbonate becuse vit d will increas both and sevelamer with decrease both I think

MY ansewr just reflect my oponion it my be wrong
  19. dregypt

dregypt Guest

ff

PLZ comment on my answer with explenation why u chose that vor another option
    THANKS < I CALL ALLAH TO PASS FOR ALL
  20. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

mrcp april 2008

thanks dregypt for this nice job
    i agree with most answers
    the questions for reserch purpose is different from paper to other

CT chest with haematemesis i chose embolisation for bronchialartery
    pt with bloody diarrhea what is inestig stool cluture and microscopy
    pt with anti tb therapy all anti tb cause elvation of livern enzyme]
    to stop all or contiue
    pt with folate def i think it is dietry

/1/ there is case of diaphragmatic weakness des lung fuct with position
    2/ pt with cipro sensitive organism receive ttt but still febril and +ve
    what is cause perinephric abscess /
    3/ case of transfusion related lung injury
    4/ is there any cyanide toxicty??????????????
    5/ diabetic pt with diarrhea what is the cause
    6/pt on methotrexate follow up think blood film
    7/ pt with rh arthritis on minocycline and non steroids what to add
    hydroxychloroquine or methotrexate
  21. Dr.ANH

Dr.ANH Guest

mrcp april 2008

Hi All, Hope u all to pass this hard exam
    Here some recall Q

1-Pt wit h venous ulcer.....gradual bandage
    2-pt with orf or cut. anthrax
    3- pic. with BCC
    4-pic. with necrobiosis lipodica.
    5-pic. pyoderma gangrenosa.
    6-pt. with tato......
    7-pt. with wart develope non melanotic melanoma.
    8- pic. with rozecea
    9-pic. for pt with painfull rash....herpis zoster.
    10-pt alcoholic with feature of chronic pancreatitis...do CT abdomen.
    11-pt with family Hx of autoimmune disease present with autoimmune hepatitis...do anti smooth muscle Ab.
    12-female with pruritis.....PBC.
    13-ptwith UC and develope DVT treatment heparin.
    14-old man with stone in common bile duct...do ERCP.
    15-pt with non- alcoholic hepatitis.
    16-pt with rapid rise in transaminase....ischemic hepatitis.
    17-pt with pseudomembranous colitis.
    18-pt with chron's disease and dietry advice..low unsaturatted fatty acid or high protiene diet.
    19-pt with peudomembranous colitis do clostridium toxin in stool.
    20-pt with paracetamol over dose do liver transplant.
    21-pt with colagenous colitis treatment........
    22-pic. for pt with Barrett's oesophagous.
    23-pt with prosthetic oesophageal tube blocked within 12 hrs..bollus block.
    24-pt with mallery wies syndrome.
    25-pt with ascitis drug with prognostic benfit...spironolactone.
    26-pt on warferine INR 2.4 need paracentisis...give fresh frozen plasma.
    27-pt with alcoholic acute pancreatitis.
    28-same pt with alcoholic cardiomyopathy.
    29-pt with MALT....erradicate H.pylori.
    30-pt with cealiac disease
    31-pt with cealiac disease what investigation
    32-pt do upper Gastroscopy and sigmoidoscopy.....do colonoscopy.
    33-operated pt with CA colon and liver metastesis...chemotherapy.
    34-pt with CA colon and liver metastesis...do surgery.
    35-pt with WPW syndrome….do ablation.
    36-ECG diagnosis WPW.
    37-pt with recurrent palpitation….SVT.
    38-ECG…2nd degree heart block.
    39-ECG….complete heart block.
    40-drug improve prognosis….epironone.
    41-pt with anterior descending artery stent develop posteroinferior MI ….atheromatous plaque.
    42-pt with antroseptal MI what is the bad pregnosis….pulmonary oedma.
    43-CPR question what to do after DC shock…do 2 min cpr.
    44-ECG with digoxin toxicity or Rt ventricular & biatrial enlargement.
    45-pt. need biventricular pacing.
    46-pt with aortic stenosis and dypsnea need bisoprolol.
    47-overestimation in aortic stenosis…AR.
    48-pt with posterior MI give actplase.
    49-ECG pt with unstable angina and negative troponine…angiography.
    50-pt need implantable DC after successful rescistation.
    51-pt develop acute dypsnea after 24 hours post MI….do transthorathex or transoesophagous echo or swan ganz catheter.
    52-pt with recurrent anaphylaxis on adrenaline……b-blocker
    53-echo pic. With atrial myxoma.
    54-female with fall in bathroom….syncopal attack.
    55-pt on amiodarone develop thyrotoxicosis…start carbimazol.
    56-pt with pericardial effusion…acute pericarditis.
    57-WHO performance 3…..inactivity.
    58-transudate effusion….heart failure.
    59-pt with arterial thrombosis what investigation?
    60-pt with Gullian beri disease.
    61-male pt with Mysthenia gravis.
    62-MND…..do EMG and nerve conduction study.
    63-ulner nerve …..do nerve study.
    64-pt with normal pressure hydrocephalic.
    65-pt with lewy body dementia.
    66-pt with base of skull metastesis?
    67-pt with basilar migraine
    68-pt with electricity in face and arm….epilipsy.
    69-pt with subfrontal meningioma.
    70-pt with retinitis pigmintosa pic…….constructed vision.
    71-alzhimer dementia.
    72- pt with Parkinson disease what treatment u will give.
    73-pt with essential tremer.
    74-ct head with SAH.
    75-brain abscess what antibiotic treatment.
    76-pt with sudden visual loss….retinal detachment or vitrous he or central vien occlusion.
    77-pt with subdural haematoma ?
    78-pt with restless leg syndrome or periodic limb movement.
    79-pt with wernick encephalopathy.
    80- pt need thiamine.
    81-CML….imitinab.
    82-CLL pt need surgery…..observation.
    83-pt with ITP did cbc what is next….antiplatlate Ab.
    84-pt with menorrhagia and high APTT……von willbrand disease.
    85-anticardiolipin.
    86-pt with lymphoma need transfusion what blood you give….gama radiated.
    87-pt develop dypsnea after blood transfusion…acute transfusion lung injury.
    88-pt with myloma.
    89-AL Amyloidosis.
    90-p53
    91-pt with Dx sarcoidosis.
    92-acute asthma not responding I.V mg
    93-acute asthma improving…contenou O2 or nebulization every 6 hours.
    94-pt with COPD……noninvasive ventilation.
    95-pt with COPD……decrease O2.
    96-pt with bilateral emphaseama what make him contraindicated for surgery.
    97-pt with allergic bronchopulmonary asperglosis.
    98-pneumonia bad prognosis….urea> 7.
    99-indication for long term O2……paO2 <7.2.
    100-CT with honeycomb appearance…..extrensic allergic alveolitis.
    101-pt with pleural effusion and wt loss….CA lung.
    102-pt with CGD and not responding pneumonia….add Amphotricin.
    103-pt with non small ca lung……radiotherapy.
    104-diaphramatic weakness.
    105-cxr with pulmonary vasculitis.
    106-asthmatic pt develop churg struss syndrome
    107-iga nephropathy ….ramipril
    108- pt with proteinuria ….add valsartan
    109-pt with cryglobulinaemia
    110-pt with lipodystrophy ….low c3 comp.
    111- membranoproliferative gn
    112-failure of erythropoietin in crf…iron def. anaemia
    113-pic of polycystic kidney….. mv prolapse
    114-pt with recurrent minimal change gn prognosis….recovery
    115-acute tubulointerstitial nephritis.
    116-prevent contrast nephropathy …….hydration.
    117-pt with acute tubular necrosis….improve with non specific treatment.
    118-perinephric abscess?
    119-obstructive nephropathy.
    120-pt with rhabdomyolysis.
    121-pt with RTA1.
    122-pt with persistant hypokalaemia……hypomg.
    123-MEN 2.
    124-CT abdomen….adrenal CA.
    125-Acromegaly….GTT.
    126-pregnant with high prolactine….reassurance.
    127-pt with sick euthyroidism.
    128-obeise uncontrol DM………add metformin.
    129-uncontrol DM ……..add insuline.
    130-pt with adrenal adenoma or congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
    131-pregnant use predinsolone come with cushing syndrome not suppressed by overnight dexamethasone.
    132-pt with B. suger 53….hyperosmolar non ketotic coma.
    133-diabetic pt with blood suger30…..anexiety.
    134-CT pituitary area…..macroprolactinoma?
    135-pt with pcos.
    136-pt with high rennin and high aldestrone with low k ……renal artery stenosis.
    137-pt with primary hyperthyroidism.
    138-female with family Hx of osteoprosis….vit D toxicity.
    139-renal failure with low ca and high ph …ca carbonate.
    140-pt with 2ndary hyperthyroidism.
    141-pt with drug induced SLE….stope minocycline.
    142-pt on antituberculus develop high transaminase….continuo treatment.
    143-prophylaxis from cluster headache….lithium or verapamil.
    144-tricyclic over dose……Na bicarbonate.
    145-pt stope paroxitin since week develop agitation…diazepam or restart paroxitin.
    146-restless leg syndrome treatment….carbimazole or
    147-depression develop schizophrenia….olanzapine
    148-methaemogloblinaemia…..methyline blue.
    149-obeise pt need wt reduction…..orlistat.
    150-prostatic valve endocarditis…..vancomycine +gentamycin.
    151-carbamazine overdose…….multiple oral charcoal.
    152-vancomycine anaphylaxis.
    153-alcohol with listria meningitis….ampicillin+gentamycin.
    154-methotrexate overdose….full blood count.
    155-lithium toxicity increased by diuretic.
    156-pt with culture and sensivity what oral antibiotic to give…..chloramphenicol.
    157-pt with behcet syndrome.
    158-pt with wegner on predinsolone what medicine to add…..cyclophosphamide.
    159-pt with PAN?
    160-pt with gout.
    161-gout in heart failure…..use predinsolon.
    162-X-Ray hand ……tophaceous gout.
    163-haemochromatosis…….ferritin test.
    164-adult still disease.
    165-X-Ray pelvis…..paget’s disease.
    166-paget’s treatment ……..biphosphanate pamidronate.
    167-X-Ray humerus ……avascular necrosis.
    168-muscle biopsy…..dermatomyositis.
    169-PMR.
    170-polymyositis.
    171-Henoch schonlin purpura.
    172-leptospirosis case.
    173-pt with Toxoplasmosis?
    174- pt came from Egypt….typhoid fever.
    175-female came from India…..Salmenlosis??
    176-schestosomiasis.
    177-woman in bat cave……?
    178-HIV with MRI brain widen sulcci and cortical atrophy…..PML, Lymphoma.
    179-Pt with gonococcal septiceamia.
    180-chlamedia treartment in Reiter’s ……..Azithromycin.
    181-psittacosis case.
    182-cholecystitis cause…E.coli
    183-malaria not respond to quinine…add i.m artemether.
    184-CXR ……aspergiloma.
    185-syphilis pt ………….reassurance.
    186-tetanus antibodies.
    187-botulisim?
    188-ct spine….osteomylitis.
    189-case of strep. Bovis.
    190-culture negative endocarditis….coxiella or actinomyces.
    191-HIV with sclerosing colingitis.
    192-hepatitis case…..i.v metaclopramide
    193-chancroid.
    194-legionella.
    195- Mycoplasma pneumonia.
    196-methisilin resistant staph….vancomycin.
    197-pt with psychogenic water drinking.
    198-Diabetes inspidus.
    199-radioiodine side effect…..exaggurate eye sign.
    200-huntigtone disease suicide…give full treatment
    201-ulcerative colitis…..PSC or metastesis.
    202-cholestasis cause……..flucloxacillin.
    203-main indication of ostrogen replacement therapy……relief symptoms of menopause.
    204-fixed lymph node enlarged……excisional biopsy.
    205-indication for descent in high altitude cerebral oedma….chin stock breathing or unsteadiness or headache.
    206-SVT with asthma……verapamil.
    207-pt with VF…..DC shock.
    208-male use thalidomide what contraceptive use?
    209-pt with urgent & nocturnal diarrhea….diabetic autonomic neuropathy.
    210-pt with haemodialysis develop fit what is the cause…cerebral oedma, hypocaceamia.
    211-pt with pulmonary HTN….nifidpin.
    212-pt with pulmonary HTN > 65 with Dyspnea….heparin?
    213-pt with bulimia
    214pt with wegner…….ANCA.
    215- pt with proctitis 7cm......mesalasine supp.
    216-pt with bleeding DU fail to control by OGD adrenaline infusion…angio and embolization.
  22. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

mrcp april 2008

hiiiiiiiiiii DR ANH

THANKS ALOT FOR MEMORISING GOOD NUMBER
    GOOD LUCK CONGRATULATIONS FROM NOW
    HOPE TO PU MORE AND MORE
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

thanx dr.ANH

I think the face rash was pemphigus vulgaris

recurrent arrhythmia in a youngman is RVOT-VT
    rear colleagues pls comment
  24. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

mrcp april 2008

hi dr anh
    can i add some questions
    217/ pt with ca had pain not releif bt dihydrocodiene chose 2 to give
    voltaren / morphine every 4 hour / slow release morphine/paracetamol
    218/ pt with lung fuction test also chose 2
    restrictive / obts / type 1 res failure / type 2 /
    219/ tt of acute heptitis b
    suppotine / alptha inter / rabivirin
    220/flouxtine causing siada
  25. Dr ANH

Dr ANH Guest

dear guest
    the young pt with paroxysm of palpitations they were occuring at rest so mostly its paroxysmal svt & not rvot -vt which occur only after exercise
  26. Guest

Guest Guest

dear dr.ANH

As i remember that young man with palpitations had attacks of near-syncope

which favours rvot-vt of course i'm not sure of the answer it is just discussion
  27. Guest

Guest Guest

a pt diagnosed of having renal failure what was the acid base defect?

notice he was breathing comfortably. i chose the "set" reflecting

COMPONSATED metabolic acidosis. any comments?
  28. Dr.ANH

Dr.ANH Guest

there was pt with captopril induced angiooedma

pt with mechanical valve induced haemolysis
  29. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

mrcp april 2008

1/ pt with recurrent pneumonia what is the cause
    2/ pt with metabolic acidosis cause think diarrhea
    3/ pt on metformin has sepsis and acidosis what is cause lactic acidosis/ ketoacidosis
    4/ ttt of tremors and agitation in pt with parkinson
    5/ chest x ray is it metastesisor .....
    6/ tt of pt with heart failure and gou think colchcine
  30. elnzr

elnzr Guest

hi everybpdy
    best of luck
    can anyone guesss the pass mark for this exam?
    plse reply
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

32. raf

raf Guest

Thalidomide

Assalaamu alaikkum,

Regarding contraceptive when a male patient is on thalidomide , the answer is a single barrier method.
    This is a bit of article , searched in net.

Because of the known human teratogenicity of thalidomide, thalidomide is contraindicated in women who are or may become pregnant and who are not using the two required types of birth control or who are not continually abstaining from heterosexual sexual contact. If thalidomide is taken during pregnancy, it can cause severe birth defects or death to an unborn baby. Thalidomide should never be used by women who are pregnant or who could become pregnant while taking the drug. Even a single dose [1 capsule (regardless of strength)] taken by a pregnant woman can cause birth defects. If pregnancy does occur during treatment, the drug should be immediately discontinued. Under these conditions, the patient should be referred to an obstetrician/gynecologist experienced in reproductive toxicity for further evaluation and counseling. Any suspected fetal exposure to THALOMID® (thalidomide) must be reported to the FDA via the MedWatch program at 1-800-FDA-1088 and also to Celgene Corporation at 1-888-423-5436.
    Because thalidomide is present in the semen of patients receiving the drug, males receiving thalidomide must always use a latex condom during any sexual contact with women of childbearing potential. The risk to the fetus from the semen of male patients taking thalidomide is unknown.
  33. Dr.E

Dr.E Guest

Assalam o alikum to you all.

A lot of thanks to raf for the valuable information about thalidomide.
  34. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

mrcp april 2008

hiiiiiiiiiii everyone
    where is the questions where is the comment plzzzzzzzzzzz share and write what u feel to exchange our exper
    we are waiting
  35. Guest

Guest Guest

123doc

hi every body hope all pass im planning to jon mrcp2 2008/2
    i wander if any body hav 123 doc to share it withe me i have cd for clinical examination and history for paces
    if any body interested send for me my e m a i l is
    abdullamarie@yahoo.com
  36. BRJ

BRJ Guest

MRCP-2,April..2008.

1.Homosexualman..inv:??Rectal swab.
    2.Tr of Restless leg syn. Is there any option for..Pramipexole or Ropinirole...??Maaaaybe I put Pramipexol.
    3..Viral wart...sensitive to....Contact/atopic dermatitis??
    4.Af..Tr..Propafenone(normal heart)
    5.Ecg..dextrcardia..I can'nt remember..!!!
    6.Maybe i put one ans..CLC.on buttock & uper thigh.Dx.strongyloidiasis.
    7.Can anybody explain repeated anaphylaxis By adrenaline Ans. Betablocker..plz??
    8Single terminal index finger calclfication..L.sleroderma..maynotbe..gout..???
    9.Torsades de pointes..ECG Tr.i.v Mg..???
    10.cause of increase Alpo4...PBC.
    11.Farmer..Typical Paraquat poisioning..mouth ulcer..etc.
    12.Ca-lung..contraindication to surgery..severe airway obstraction..??
    :?
  37. results

results will be dispatched tonight, good luck
  38. BRJ

BRJ Guest

Hi..Infinity Guest...How u know that..? But RCP website written 5th May onwards..!!!Can u guess pass marks....plz?? :eek:
  39. Results are dispatched now on the net site.
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

pass

ALhamd LLAH I pass I havw got 69.32
    THANKS TO ALLAH it was diffecult exam
  41. sheikoo

sheikoo Guest

mrcp april 2008

hiiiii every one
    alhamdolillah i passed this tough exam
    to all who pass congratulations
    to those not succed go on do not stop will reach at the end
    thnkssssssssssssssssssssssss to allah
  42. Guest

Guest Guest

salam to all of you....congrats for those who passed..and hard luck for those who didn't...i heard that it was difficult..well we hope to sit in december inshalla...would u advice what kinds of books u read from and what are the websites u used.....
  43. Dr.E

Dr.E Guest

PBUY all.By Allah's grace I passed both part 1 & 2 at one chance.I personally think that, though onexam is good for part 1 it isnt as good for part 2.It fails to give you a picture of the real exam,which is much harder.
    I used it but at the same time I kept revising K & C,OHCM & looked up the difficult topics from Harrison's.The other books that I found helpful are-Revision for MRCP part 2 by Debra King,MRCP part 2 BOF illustrated Q & A by Huw Beynon,Diseases for MRCP part 2 by Timothy Gray(this one has a few mistakes-find them out-it helps for prep too!).Best of luck for the future candidates.
  44. Guest

Guest Guest

i do pass
    some answers here r wrong :D
  45. medic

medic Guest

Hi although the MRCP exam doesnt concern me yet, the questions and possible answers people post on here from their mrcp exams, do some of them come up for the following mrcp exams for other docs?
  46. Guest

Guest Guest

iam not able to get the results in site
    it shows
    No results found for the selected exam type and RCP Code
    can anybody guide please
  47. Guest

Guest Guest

new

u may enter in ur online acount in mrcp site and u will find ur result in by click MY EXAM HISTORY .but be sure 1st u choise ur result to appeare in web site while u made the application
  48. Guest

Guest Guest

salam DR.E ....congatulation for ur success....with more success in ur future life inshalla....and thanks for the prompt reply.....but will u please clarify us the abbreviations u posted about the name of the websites and books u used...k&c for eg is it kummar or karla...ochm....and whats about sharmma u didn't mention it...u didn't read from...
    salam
  49. Dr.E

Dr.E Guest

Salam to u all.
    I hope the following helps u,guest-

Onexam=onexamination.com
    K & C=Kumar & Clark
    OHCM=Oxford handbook of clinical medicine.

I haven't read Sharma,but some of my seniors have found it useful.
  50. Guest

Guest Guest

advice

Alsalamo Alikom, and I hope to all pass the exam
    my advice for new mrcp 2 candidate is
    1) read sharma twice at least
    2) every disease in sharma read its INVESTIGATION of it from LARGE TEXTBOOK (cbc, liver,renal and radiology) and make nots the differance between similar diseas .becuse there was investigation not in Kumar so I have guess the answers.
    3)U MUST practice to read fastest as u can and training highlight the most important points in each question to save ur time. THE time is the big chalenge in true exam.
    4) In the eame most of the large list of investigation is only made to wast ur time so take care and just read it rapidly and circle the important one
    5)never take more 2 min in each qs. becuase u will miss another one and most of qs u will sure about ur answer.

I hope that help the future candidate to pass,agin TIME TIME TIME DONT FORGET.
    SEE U. :) :wink: