mrcp april 2008 recalled questions

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by sheikoo, Apr 12, 2008.

1. dr.dalia

dr.dalia Guest

salam dr.ahmed , thanks for ur advice ...so u just used sharmma and u didn't read kummar or oxford...what else did u read from...and how long did u need to prepare for this exam..is it more difficult than part 1...we sat in janu 2008 for part 1 and it was really v.tricky exam and alhamdelahh we passed it....by the way did anyone hear about the uncoupling of mrcp (written) part 2 and the PACES....IF ANYONE KNOWS PLZ HELP ME,...if we applied for the mrcp( written part 2) in december will we be included in the new regulation ...and so the eligibilty period of the PACES will not be 2 yrs anymore and i can apply then for the PACES as long as i want during the 7 yrs.....
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

NEW

Changes to the eligibility criteria for entry to the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written and Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examinations
    Changes to the eligibility criteria for entry to these Examinations will take effect from the 2009/1 Examination diets.
    From 2009, candidates who have passed the Part 1 exam will:
    be able to sit the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written and Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examinations in any order.
    be able to apply simultaneously to the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written and Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examinations.
    have 7 years from the date of the Part 1 exam in which they were successful to take and pass both of these examinations. (Candidates should note however that they will not be able to register for the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written Examination if the exam date is more than 7 years after the date they passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination. Similarly, candidates will not be permitted to register for the Part 2 Clinical Examination (PACES) if the end of the main assessment period is more than 7 years after the date they passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination).
    be permitted unlimited attempts at the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written and Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examinations within their 7 year period of eligibility.
    Candidates will not be permitted to submit an application for either the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written or Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examinations until they have received confirmation of a successful Part 1 result.
    Nor will candidates be permitted to re-register for the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written Examination if they are currently awaiting results from a previous attempt at the Part 2 Written Examination. Similarly, candidates will not be permitted to re-register for the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Clinical Examination (PACES) if they are awaiting results from a previous attempt at the Part 2 Clinical Examination.
    However, as candidates are able to apply simultaneously to the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written and Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examinations, candidates may apply to a Part 2 Written Examination whilst awaiting results of a Part 2 Clinical Examination (PACES) and vice versa.
    It is advised that trainees are unlikely to be able to apply their clinical knowledge, or demonstrate their clinical skills, across the broad range of clinical cases, and thus be successful in the PACES examination, before a total of two years experience, including at least four months in medical specialties or medical sub-specialties, following the award of their primary medical degree. We therefore recommend that candidates should normally have completed a two-year Foundation programme (or an equivalent period of training) before attempting the PACES examination. Within these two years not less than 4 months should be spent in posts involving the continuing care of emergency medical patients. This experience in the UK should be at Foundation Year One and Two level, or equivalent, or above but may be gained in any hospital throughout the world.
    Candidates or supervisors in doubt about likely readiness to sit the examination should review the relevant curricula and the PACES information section on the MRCP (UK) website.
    Candidates and supervisors should note that poor performance in the examination may result in a recommendation from MRCP(UK) to defer further attempts until further evidence of readiness to sit, perhaps accrued from a further period of training, is available.
    All applications for the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written and Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examinations must be supported by the candidate’s current or most recent educational supervisor or current or most recent supervising consultant. Candidates will be required to provide details of their educational supervisor or supervising consultant on the application form and confirm that their application has been discussed and is supported by their educational supervisor or supervising consultant. Failure to provide this information will render the application incomplete in which case the application may be rejected. Candidates are advised that verification of this support may be sought through direct communication with the candidate’s current or most recent educational supervisor or current or most recent supervising consultant.
    Updated application forms will be available in time for the opening period of the 2009/1 examinations. Candidates should not submit applications using the outdated forms as this will lead to a delay in the processing of the application and may ultimately result in the application being rejected.
    Completion of the MRCP(UK) Examination and election to Membership
    Once a candidate has successfully completed all Parts of the MRCP(UK) Examination (irrespective of whether the last part of the exam was the Part 2 Written or Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examination), candidates will receive a letter of completion shortly after the dispatch of results letters. This will be a separate and distinct process and the letter will be accompanied by the Form of Faith and testimonial request (combined in one form). These should be completed and submitted for election to membership.
    The testimonial must be completed by a Fellow or Member of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom. The latter should have worked with the candidate within the previous 3 years and must be MRCP(UK) of at least 8 years. The proposer signing the Form of Faith must be in "good standing". Verification of this information will be undertaken.
  3. dr.dalia

dr.dalia Guest

salam , thanks alot dr. shaheen for the prompt reply..... well this means that if we sit in december for the mrcp (written) part 2 inshalla , we will just have the 2 yrs eligiblity period of the PACES :( ......bcz these changes will not be applicable before the new yr........the new regultaions may help to some extend the young unexperienced drs like me , bcz i have just practiced medicine in a 3 months period during the foundation yr ....so i m not sure about my ability in the clinical field yet.....
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

ne

NO from now on u have 7 year to complete your mrcp. u are one of the folowin categoreis
    Category

Arrangements under the new regulations
    Category 1

A candidate has applied to, but not yet passed, the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination.
    The new entry requirements / arrangements will be applied (as detailed under the heading, ‘Entry requirements for the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination’).

Category 2
    A candidate has passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination but has not passed the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written Examination.
    The candidate will be permitted a total of 7 years (from the date they passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination) in order to succeed in all remaining parts of the MRCP(UK) Examination. All other new entry requirements / arrangements detailed under the heading 'Changes to the eligibility criteria for entry to the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written and Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examinations' will apply from the 2009/1 examination diets.

Category 3
    A candidate has passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 and Part 2 Written Examinations and is still within the 7-year eligibility period (i.e. from the date they passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination).
    These candidates will either have 2 years from the date they passed MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written Examination (previously known as the PACES period of eligibility) OR 7 years from the date they passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination in which to sit the Part 2 Clinical Examination (PACES) - whichever is greater. Candidates will be permitted to sit the Part 2 Clinical Examination (PACES) as often as they like within that period. All applications will need to be supported by the candidate’s current or most recent educational supervisor or current or most recent supervising consultant (as per the new arrangements detailed under the heading 'Changes to the eligibility criteria for entry to the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written and Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examinations'.

Category 4
    A candidate has passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 and Part 2 Written Examinations, the 7-year eligibility period has expired but the candidate is within an existing 2-year Part 2 Clinical (PACES) Examination period of eligibility.
    These candidates will keep their 2-year PACES period of eligibility and will be permitted to sit the Part 2 Clinical Examination (PACES) as often as they like within that period. The new entry requirements / arrangements will be applied. If the candidate is unsuccessful at the Part 2 Clinical Examination (PACES) during this time they must re-sit the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination and commence the process again under the new arrangements.

Category5
    A candidate has passed the MRCP(UK) Part 1 Examination more than 7 years ago.
    Candidates will return to Part 1 and re-commence under the new arrangements.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

v

also in new eligability
    u dont have to get testimonials from 2 mrcpian to enter paces .u just need approval from ur current or recent supervisors ( not have had mrcp).
    but u need it after complete all stages to get title ( mrcpian doctor)
  6. dr.dalia

dr.dalia Guest

salam again dr.ahmed shaheen , and thanks again for ur reply ...well i read carefully what u posted ...and we can regard ourself in category 2 bcz we didn't sit yet for the mrcp 2.....but u already had that exam so u are categerory 3 and here i didn't get them correctly , bcz they put u in 2 options regarding the PACES ..... EITHER 2 yrs eligibility period or 7 yrs from the day u passed mrcp part 1 ...well what does it mean excatly...are u allowed to have the PACES in a 7 yrs period , i.e u can take the PACES at any time during this period and not mandatory within the 2 yrs that used to be previously after the written part..plz explain to me as i m really intersting to know and understand this....
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

v

yes u r rt for u u have 7 years to finish all parts without limit of NO fails.
    for me the old regulation I have to pass paces by 2010 and have only 3 attemps. but no MY period increase to 2014 because i enter part 1 in 2007 also I dont have to repeat part 2 if I fail paces (MAGHAZA ALLAH)
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

e

its very valuabe changes Now u dont have to seek MRCPian and humble urself for them to get their signature. also her in egypt our synticate to guid u to them u MUST take 2500 pound paces coarse.
    Thanks GOD u hear our calls.
  9. dr.dalia

dr.dalia Guest

salam , u know what i was realy anxious about is that these changes may not be applicable till 2009..... :roll: bcz no one speaks about ...anyway is there any prove that this working now ...
    by the way dr.shaheen how long did it take from u to prepare for the part 2 written and what kind of books & sites u used....
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

v

Alsalamo Alikom, and I hope to all pass the exam
    my advice for new mrcp 2 candidate is
    1) read sharma twice at least
    2) every disease in sharma read its INVESTIGATION of it from LARGE TEXTBOOK (cbc, liver,renal and radiology) and make nots the differance between similar diseas .becuse there was investigation not in Kumar so I have guess the answers.
    3)U MUST practice to read fastest as u can and training highlight the most important points in each question to save ur time. THE time is the big chalenge in true exam.
    4) In the exame most of the large list of investigation is only made to wast ur time so take care and just read it rapidly and circle the important one
    5)never take more 2 min in each qs. becuase u will miss another one and most of qs u will sure about ur answer.

I hope that help the future candidate to pass,agin TIME TIME TIME DONT FORGET
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

mrcp part2

passed the mrcp part 2 exam.next target is paces nov 2008.will be happy to discuss any questions. :D
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

mrcp paces course

please let me know if the cardiff paces course is good.anyone appearing for paces in november in chennai?
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

Wanted Cruise Ship Doctors

Hi,
    I am looking for doctors to work in the cruise industry for a period of 4 - 6 months, they should have an current ACLS certification , with more than three years experience in Emergency medicine or Internal medicine .You should have worked in a recognized western health system - USA, UK, South africa, NZ, Australia, Canada or western Europe.Engliah is the primary language of communication.
    Please do reply back at phdr@sify.com. We can work it out from there.
    Th Job offers excellent perks with Tax free money and challenging medicine. Get paid for a Vaccation Job!!!!
    Excepting some quick replies.
    Ship Doctor