mrcp july 07 part 2 recollect questions /share experience

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by dk, Jul 27, 2007.

1. guest20

guest20 Guest

some new qs

1.contact dermatitis
    2.fatty liver of pregnancy
    3.alcoholic hepatitis
    4.eosinophilic pneumonia
    5.mri for hypopituitarism
    6.serum ferritin for another hypopituitarism
    7.salmonella food poisoning
    8.extrinsic allergic alveolitis ct scan
    9.anaemia of chronic disease
    10.pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis
    ANY COMMENT ABOUT THIS HALLUCINATIONS
  2. guest20

guest20 Guest

RETRACTIONS

1.LISCH NODULES IS THE TRUE ANSWER FOR WHAT WE IMMAGINE HOLMIE S ADIE
    2.THE Q OF SKIN LESION RESPONDED TO SHAMPOO CONTAINING TAR WAS NOT PSORIASIS IT WAS ECZEMA AS THE LATER OCCASIONALLY RESPONDS TO TAR PREPARATIONS
    3.IT WAS CANDIDA RETINITIS NOT CMV RETINITIS-A BONUS FOR
    GUEST 1
    4.WARFARIN WITH INR 2-3 IN PT 76YEARS WITH TIA 14 HRS NOT ASPIRIN
    5.YAWS NOT SYPHILIS AS THE 2 TESTS MENTIONED ARE ALSO POSITIVE IN YAWS
    IF THE RESULT DELAYED WE WILL RETRACT 270 QS
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks for ur per severence-guest-1

I think ur worried too much like me.It is an exam. of nerves.

I have seen the similar picture on the net a few days before the exam.A friend of mine who attended cohen's course actually given me the note with no picture on itbut the scenario was there.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I put amitriptyline- please comment

guest-1
  5. new guest

new guest Guest

Drugs for Which a Potentially Important Valproate Interaction Has Been Observed

Amitriptyline/Nortriptyline

Administration of a single oral 50 mg dose of amitriptyline to 15 normal volunteers (10 males and 5 females) who received valproate (500 mg BID) resulted in a 21% decrease in plasma clearance of amitriptyline and a 34% decrease in the net clearance of nortriptyline. Rare postmarketing reports of concurrent use of valproate and amitriptyline resulting in an increased amitriptyline level have been received. Concurrent use of valproate and amitriptyline has rarely been associated with toxicity. Monitoring of amitriptyline levels should be considered for patients taking valproate concomitantly with amitriptyline. Consideration should be given to lowering the dose of amitriptyline/nortriptyline in the presence of valproate.
  6. sheikoo2005

sheikoo2005 Guest

thanks for the forum...take care all of you
  7. new guest

new guest Guest

1-Erythema nodosum in not caused by penicillin, it was OCP(check all textbooks)
    2-EAA, myc.faeni denotes exposure and is not diagnostic, the case was psittacosis( the quesion is available now on onexam.com as sample quesion)
  8. guest20

guest20 Guest

hello new guest

penicillin is a well known cause of EN and the scenario of the q said that please refer to reyder -volume 1
    -i donot know from where onexam.com brought these qs.-i did not see their qs in the july exam.(i saw they heard-a differance)
    HI-GUEST 1 THIS Q OF SOD. VALPROATE WAS ABOUT BIPOLER DISORDER -IT WAS NOT ABOUT DRUGS INTERACTIOS WITH MY RESPECT TO YOU
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

guest-1,I couldnot find any qs.on onexamination.com.
  10. guest20

guest20 Guest

onexamination.com

ALL THEIR DAILY QS. ARE FROM AN OLD CD TO THEM ABOUT PREVIOUS EXAMINATIONS BUT I THINK THERE IS NO QS. CAME FROM THESE SITES-THE ROYAL COLLEGE IS NOW CHALLINGING-IT SEEMS SUCCEEDED
  11. guest20

guest20 Guest

AIPPG.NET

THIS SITE GAVE ME GREAT HELP IN THE PREPARATION FOR THIS EXAM. THANKS A LOT FOR THE GREAT TEAM OF THIS SITE
    DO YOU KNOW GUEST-1 THAT S. SHARMA DELETED ALL THE PREVIUOS DISCUSIONS IN HIS SITE AND BECAME AVAILABLE NOW WITH PAYMENT ONLY-A GEAT BUSSINESS!
  12. guest20

guest20 Guest

THE Q OF PSITTACOSIS

THIS Q PICTURED IN THE EXAM. WITH CT SCAN SHOWED HONNEY COMBING -AND SERUM PRECIPITINS WERE POSITIVE THERE WAS NO MENTIONING OF POLYMICROSPORA FAENI ABSOLUTELY -IS THAT WAS A PICTURE OF PSITTACOSIS PNEUMONIA
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

now I am enjoying the discussion.Since new people have come forward.My brain is saturated.I feel sad For S.sharma.In the last exam.I had put 150 qs.on the first night and early in the morning they were wiped put.This shows the level of Sharmas commitment towards his business.I hope if any body would remember anything will keep on commenting.
    In the exam.I was puzzled by the making of the qs.Like the qs.with OCP and Peicilllin in the context of EN--I put penicillin as well--cos--patient was already on OCP and then developed this rash and usualyy penicillin is not an enzyme inhibitor to increase the effect of OCP---although I had put Penicillin but now I realize that the answer was OCP.

guest-1
  14. guest20

guest20 Guest

NO GUEST-1 IT WAS NOT OCP WHICH THE PT WAS ON FOR 4YEARS AS I REMEMBERED-THE RECENT DRUG TAKEN BY THE PT WAS PENICILLIN-SO IT WAS THE CORRECT ANSWER
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

I say it again that I had put pnicillin as well but does it cause enzyme induction or inhibition guest-1
  16. guest20

guest20 Guest

PENICILLIN IS NOT INDUCER OR INHIBITOR ABSOLUTELY
  17. guest20

guest20 Guest

COMMENT

THE Q ALSO GAVE US THE ASOT WHICH WAS NEGATIVE AND CXR NORMAL AND THE OPTIONS WERE
    1.SARCOIDOSIS
    2.TB
    3.OCP
    4.PENICILLIN
    5.STREPTOCOCCAL THROAT INFECTION
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

If this was the full qs.then all of us are probably wrong and this would be a research qs.There are studies that the patints who are on OCP when they develop streptococcal infection,they are prone to Erythema Nodosu.It means that it was a very very vlever qs.guest-1
  19. guest20

guest20 Guest

IT WAS NOT

IT WAS NOT STREPTOCOCCAL INFECTION AS ASOT WAS NEGATIVE AND PENICILLIN IS NOT GIVEN ONLY FOR STREP.INFECTIO-I HOPE IT IS NOW CLEAR
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

then the right answer is OCP 8) GUEST-1
  21. guest20

guest20 Guest

PENICILLIN :lol:
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

RCPS OCP guest-1 :evil:
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

OK,let us be serious.guest20

was there anyqs.re:palliative medicine?
    was there any qs.re:gout?
    was there any qs.re:frontal lobe etc?
    these are the RCP favourites

guest-1
  24. sheikoo2005

sheikoo2005 Guest

erythema nodosum, the answer is OCP
  25. sheikoo 2005

sheikoo 2005 Guest

thanks

from orininal sheikoo2005 to artificial one
    you can chose any name
    from this time i will not by this name this to all nice people in this site
    thankssssssss again to who is taking my name
  26. guest20

guest20 Guest

to guest-1

palliative medicine may be the qs. of subcutaneous midazolam in pt. with advanced glioblastoma presented with status epilepticus.
    gout-may be the qs. of crystal nephropathy in aids pt was on antiretroviral drugs
    frontal lobe etc. all neurology qs
    what is your explanation SHEIKOO to choose OCP?
  27. guest20

guest20 Guest

to all

THERE WAS A Q ABOUT A LADY PRESENTED BY BLEEDING PER RECTUM AND COLONOSCOPY SHOWED INFLAMED OEDEMATOUS SPLENIC FLEXURE THE PT WAS TREATED WITH FULL RECOVERY -WHAT IS TRUE CONCERNING THIS CASE?
    1.RECURRENCE RATE 20%
    2.HER SISTER WILL BE AFFECTED
    3.IT WILL TRANSFORMED TO MALIGNANT LESION
    4.REASSURE AND DISCHARGE THE PT
    5.?I DID NOT REMEMBER-IT MAY BE STRICTURE FORMATIO
  28. HALIT2007

HALIT2007 Guest

what was ur answer guest for this question?

one question was about fentanyl poisoining, and the patient did recieve naloxone, but deteriarated what to do next? naloxone infusion?
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

guest 20 well done with the brand new qs.

I had put 20% recurence.I could not understand the qs.That is why.
    GUEST-1
  30. new guest

new guest Guest

1-Here is the quesion of psittacosis
    A 60-year-old farmer presented to Accident and Emergency with a two week history of progressively worsening cough, breathlessness and myalgia. His symptoms had become particularly worse after he recently finished baling hay indoors, ready for the winter. He had no other previous medical history of note and was a lifelong non smoker. He recently purchased a budgerigar from an internet auction site.

On examination his temperature was 38.4oC, blood pressure 160/100 mmHg, pulse 130 beats per minute and oxygen saturations of 86% on air. His heart sounds were normal and there were no audible murmurs. Auscultation of the chest revealed bronchial breath sounds at the right base. Abdominal examination revealed a soft and non tender abdomen with no palpable masses or oragnomegaly.

Laboratory investigations revealed:

Haemoglobin 14.5 g/dl (13.0 – 18.0 g/dL)
    White cell count 20.0 x 109/L (4 – 11 x 109/L)
    Neutrophils 18.0 x 109/L (1.5 – 7 x 109/L)
    Lymphocytes 1.0 x 109/L (1.5 – 4.0 x 109/L)
    Monocytes 0.8 x 109/L (0 – 0.8 x 109/L)
    Eosinophils 0.2 x 109/L (0.04 – 0.4 x 109/L)
    Basophils 0.01 x 109/L (0 – 0.1 x 109/L)
    Platelets 390 x 109/L (150 – 400 x 109/L)
    ESR (Westergren) 90 mm/1st hour (0 – 15 mm/1st hour)
    Serum sodium 140 mmol/L (137 – 144 mmol/L)
    Serum potassium 4.2 mmol/L (3.5 – 4.9 mmol/L)
    Serum urea 13.7 mmol/L (2.5 – 7.5 mmol/L)
    Serum creatinine 120 umol/L (60 – 110 umol/L)
    Serum avian precipitins Positive
    Micropolyspora faeni precipitins Negative

A chest radiograph revealed patchy consolidation in the right lower zone.

What is the most likely diagnosis?

(Please select 1 option)

Avian influenza
    Chalmydia psittacci Penumonia
    Coxiella burnetti pneumonia
    Extrinsic Allergic Alveolitis
    Farmer’s lung
    2-there is was another quesion about unilateral hydronephrosis in chronic migraine patient, retroperitoneal fibrosis
    3-BOOP quesion, i also choose it, what i remember that the other 4 options didn't fit the scenario
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

very smart stuff.I am not sure.In the exam.the lesion was on the left base-----
    guest-1
  32. Guest

Guest Guest

GUYS RESULT IS OUT.bEST OF LUCKH
  33. annonymous

annonymous Guest

nope, results are not available yet until 20th August 2007 from the MRCP UK website. Please do not give false information
  34. Guest

Guest Guest

Incubation Period
    The incubation period is usually 3-4 days, although rarely the incubation can be as short as 12 hours or as long as 8 days.

it is regarding qs. of somebody have eaten beef pie and 24 hours later developed bloody diarrohea
  35. Guest

Guest Guest

Incubation Period
    The incubation period is usually 3-4 days, although rarely the incubation can be as short as 12 hours or as long as 8 days.

it is regarding qs. of somebody have eaten beef pie and 24 hours later developed bloody diarrohea

guest-1---I wrotr e-coli ans. is salmonella
  36. annonymous

annonymous Guest

to Guest, are you dyslexic? don't understand? google it
  37. guest20

guest20 Guest

TO HALIT

THIS Q WAS ABOUT ISCHEMIC COLITIS -RETROSPECTIVELY -I SELECTED 20% RECURRENCE ALTHOUGH I DONOT SURE FROM THIS ANSWER
    -THE Q OF PSITACOSIS I DID NOT SEE IT LIKE THAT AND AS YOU KNOW THE RCP IS NOT SO STRAIGHT IN THEIR QS AND AS I REMEMBERED THIS Q WAS PICTURED BY CT SCAN SHOWED HONEY COMB APPEARANCE
    -THE Q OF FENTANYL WAS IV NALOXONE INFUSION
  38. Guest

Guest Guest

thank U very much.psitacosis has nothing to do with honey combing.

guest-1
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

Medications — Several medications are available for the treatment of hirsutism. These medications can decrease the distribution of body hair, halt the growth of new hair, and decrease the growth rate and coarseness of existing hair. Most of these medications must be taken for at least six months before improvement is detectable, and not all medications are equally effective in all women.

Oral contraceptives — Oral contraceptives alter levels of several hormones, including androgens. They are usually the first choice for the treatment of hirsutism, and between 60 and 100 percent of women with hirsutism will notice improvement when taking these medications. Oral contraceptives can also help establish regular menstrual cycles in women with hirsutism who have irregular cycles or who do not menstruate at all.
    One new pill, Yasmin, has become popular with many women for the treatment of hirsutism. However, it has not been shown that Yasmin is any more effective than other birth control pills.

Oral contraceptives can cause side effects, such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. Therefore, your doctor may order tests before prescribing oral contraceptives.

Antiandrogens — Antiandrogens directly decrease androgen production or block the action of androgens on the hair follicle. Because these medications may cause birth defects, doctors usually also prescribe oral contraceptives for sexually active women who take antiandrogens.
    - Spironolactone is usually prescribed if a six-month trial of oral contraceptives does not reduce hirsutism. Between 60 and 70 percent of women with hirsutism will notice improvement when taking spironolactone. If the initial dose is not effective after several months of treatment, your doctor may recommend a higher dose.

This is taken from uptodate.com---

guest-1 for guest 20 with regards.
  40. guest20

guest20 Guest

thanks-guest-1

THIS IS VALUABLE INFORMATIONS ABOUT TTT OF HIRSUTISM BUT THE EXAM. Q WAS NOT ABOUT THAT-IT WAS ABOUT TTT OF PCOS AS A WHOLE WHICH WAS WEIGHT REDUCTION AND METFORMIN
  41. annonymous

annonymous Guest

Guest = oxymoron
  42. guest20

guest20 Guest

some advices about this exam

1.KNOW THE FACTS OF MEDICINE NOT JUST QUESTIONS
    2.IF YOU FIND 2 POSSIBLE ANSWERS IN THE SAME Q -THE TWO ARE WRONG CHOICES SUCH AS THE Q OF DU -BREATH TEST AND SEROLOGY FOR HP ARE WRONG -THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS REASSURE
    3.IF YOU FIND THAT YOUR CHOICE DO NOT FIT WITH THE SCENARIO GIVEN-SURELY YOUR CHOICE WAS INCORRECT
    4.SOMETIMES THE ANSWER CAN BE DEDUCED FROM SINGLE INVESTIGATION RESULT LIKE EOSINOPHILIA IN DRUG INDUCED NEPHROPATHY
    5.DO NOT PUT OFF BY A LENGTHY Q DESCRIPTION AND INVESTIGATIONS-LIKE A Q OF IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
    6.SHORT QS ARE DIFFICULT TO SOLVE DUE TO PAUCITY OF INFORMATIONS GIVEN LIKE Q. OF PENICILLIN INDUCED EN
    7.LONG THINKING AND OVERINTERPRETATION OF A Q LEADS TO WRONG CHOICE
    8.IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT A SCENARIO-LEAVE IT TO SAVE TIME AS YOU MAY NOT GAIN ITS MARK AND YOU WILL LEAVE EASY NEXT Q
    9.SOME SUBJECTS ARE TOPICAL IN EVERY EXAM LIKE
    -HYPERCALCEMIA
    -ACID BASE IMBALANCE
    -NICE GUIDELINES
    -SIADS
    -DI
    -DM
    -DRUG TTT AND BNF ADVICES
    -ECG-BONE ISOTOPE SCAN-CT SCAN-MRI PICTURES
    10.SOMETIMES YOU FIND THE ANSWER TO A Q IN THE FIRST PAPER FROM THE SECOND PAPER LIKE LISCH NODULES-NEUROFIBROMATOSIS IN THE SECOND PAPER
    -LYMPHANGIOLEIOMYOMATOSIS-TUBEROSE SCLEROSIS
    I HOPE THESE HALLUCINATIONS ARE USEFUL FOR FUTURE CANDIDATES OF THIS HORRIBLE EXAM.
  43. Guest

Guest Guest

where is every body
    guest-1 Is the result tomorrow ?
  44. guest20

guest20 Guest

hi guest1

IT MAY BE TOMOROW
  45. Guest

Guest Guest

best of luck, guest-1
  46. guest 12007

guest 12007 Guest

hi

hi guys do u thin k that the reult could be declared today? any new?
  47. Guest

Guest Guest

:) I think result will be confirmed on monday 20th of august according to MRCP website
  48. new guest

new guest Guest

the qs.of lady with bleeding per rectum and oedematous splenic flexure, this is ischemic colitis, since she has no evidence of peripheral vascular disease, the most propable etiology is thrombophilia, so the answer is her sister or daughter can have the disease
  49. guest20

guest20 Guest

to new guest

WHO SAID THAT THROMBOPHILIA PRESENTS WITH BLEEDING?
  50. guest 18

guest 18 Guest

new guest is talking bollocks about the thrombophilia thingy