mrcp part 1 ,sept 2006

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by asdfg, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Halit,Osama and others,

Mubarak ho.

Can u please advise me how to prepare for jan 2007..I failed by 2% in this sept exam. I did try in 2002 2/3 times but couldnot cleqart..so i tried this time and failed by 2%..can u advise..thankyou. Dr.A.R
  2. haliit2006.

haliit2006. Guest

12 09 06 mrcp1

Hi guest;

hope you the best inshallah in january 2007.

For me, my text book was Cecil Essentials of Medicine, which I advice for everyone to read as it is a nice book, and easy to memorize.

I have read P.Karla, more than one times but it is hard to memorize, unless you do as much questions as you can.

www.onexamination.com was good but you have to read and understand the explanations instead of h=just knowing the answers as they dont bring the same questions.

emrcp.com, actually was very helpful to me and I advice everyone to check it especially the explanations.

also, pastest 300 BOF and answers was very good and also I afice everyone to read and check these questions.

i will be so gald to share more experience with anyone who likes.

salam to everyone
  3. Dr_Osama

Dr_Osama Guest

Hi Halit2006,

I think I should have it now... Cecil's is the best of ALL medical textbooks. 8)

I totally agree with haliit2006: OnExamination, Kalra, eMRCP.com, and as many BOF as you can. :)
  4. Dr.Ahmad

Dr.Ahmad Guest

1:propanalol poisoning..atropine given...no improvement...next step in management
    2:migrain...not responding to analgesia..next medicine
    3:paracetamol poisoning...n-acetylcystine given....MOA of n-acetylcystine
    4:peanut butter allergy...serum igE levels normal...next investigation
    5:common peroneal nerve injury....sensory loss?
    6:drug dat decreases peripheral vascular resistane...amongst the options were...endothelin..procyclidine
    7:idiopathic parkinsonism...tremor...treatment
    8:IHD pt want to know if she can take canberry juice...she was on CCB,simvastatin,B Blocker,diuretic,n carbmezapine...which one these interact with cranberry juice
    9:cisplatin..side effect
    10:acyclovir..MOA
    11:respiratory changes durin pregnancy
    12:pt came for medical checkup...pnumonecomy done 6 years bak...which one of the followin wud b normal...KCLO..TLCO..alveolar volume..FVC

there were 4 or 5 qyestions frm Psychiatry ...
    13:pt investigated for palpitations last year...found normal n reassured dat he is not suffring frm serious heart disease..this time insistin dat he has cancer despite all normal findings...diagnosis
    14: ptcomplainig of joint pain ..normal findin...few months later comlainin abd pain..again normal...next time another complain....no findins on exm n tests performed...diagnosis
    15:pt complain of amnesia for 1 week..acc to his wife he left home was found wanderin in streets by police..was complty consciuos and oriented but cudnt remember any thin abt himself...disturbed relations wid partener...diagnosis

16:pt started on heloperidol...now feverish...neuroleptic melignant syndrome....other clinical feature...{dun remember all options...ans was rigidity}

17. treatment of Gonorrhoea

18:eek:lsalazine..side effect
    19:ulcerative colitis ....drud used for a prolong remission
    20:pt complainin of itch n sumthing crawling on her body...which acc to her comes out frm umblicus n scalp...partner unaffected..she has collected some scrapins frm scalp....what wud b da findin under normal microscpe....opions were..head louse ,body louse,scabies,fungal hyphe,squamous debris
    21:post MI pt...came for checkup...ventricular aneurism was da findin...drug to b added or replaced.

22) question was.....a pt suffering from COPD whose oxygen pressure was very low somewhere about 6.3...other options included all the medications
  5. Dr.Ahmad

Dr.Ahmad Guest

1 SUSPECTED PSYCHOTIC STARTED NEUROLEPTIC WORSENED:LBD
    2-RT UPPER LOBE CAVITY WITH PEUMONIA: KLEBSIELLA
    3-WIDESPREAD SKIN LESION WITH COMEDONE NO EFFECT OF TETRA-NXT TT:ACITRE
    4 SOMATOSTATIN:INHIBIT HORMONE AND INTESTINAL SECRETION
    5 -GASTRIC ULCER WITH BLEEDING:OMEPRAZOL INFUSION
    6 -svc SYNDROME SYMPTOM RELIEVED BY :STENT
    7 CLL-OBSERVATION
    8 HD, B-SYMPTOM:SWEATING
    9 -Ac MI THROMBOLYTIC NOT EFFECTIVE:REFER FOR PTCA
    11 -TREMOR, TITUBATION :pROPRANOLOL
    12 VALPROATE S/E /
    13 -MAN WITH HEPATITIS INCREASED IgG: AUTOIMMUNE
    14 - MAN WITH HIGH APTT: vWD
    15 PULM EOSINOPHILIA MECH:IL5?
    16 :FACTOR 5 LEIDEN
    17 RECEIVED HEPARIN 2 MORE DAYS TO STAY IN HOSPITAL DUE TO: DELAYED HEPARIN RESPONSE

THE WARFARIN IS INTERACTING WITH CARNBERRY JUICE AS THERE WAS A QUESTION ASKING ABOUT IT IN 12 SEPTEMBER 2006 MRCP1

Possible Interaction Between Cranberry Juice and Drug Warfarin
    The British Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) reported five cases that suggest a food-drug interaction between cranberry juice and warfarin that could cause internal hemorrhage.

One of these cases involved a man who suffered a fatal internal hemorrhage. His blood clotting levels increased dramatically six weeks after starting to drink cranberry juice.

In another case, blood clotting levels increased less dramatically but returned to the normal range after cranberry juice was discontinued.

Many women drink cranberry juice to prevent bladder infections.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for thse who have posted the questions in this site. But please can anyone take the trouble of mentioning the answers to those questions. I feel it will be easy task for those who got thru this time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.