MRCP part 1 sept. 2009

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by zafar_nzr, Sep 22, 2009.

1. VIKY

VIKY Guest

salam

passed Alhmadulillah..610 marks
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

THE SCORE IS PRESENT IN YOUR ACCOUNT :arrow: EXAM HISTORY :arrow: DOUBLE CLICK ON 22\9\2009.
  3. saggit

saggit Guest

even i passed congrats to all.and who dint please dont lose hope u ll get it the next time.
  4. shihanhuq

shihanhuq Guest

Alhamdulillah i passed, congrats to all passed, and may allah give strength to those who failed for next preparation
  5. guest72

guest72 Guest

alhamdulillah. i have passed.congrats to all of u who have passed.dr. sameer , dr. najla what about u guys? :D
  6. Najlaa

Najlaa Guest

I passed alhamdullelah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it is true and not hallucination
    Congratulation to all who passed and for those who failed nexttime inshallah
  7. stuck

stuck Guest

congrats every1 who passed...the long wait was awful....but THANK GOD...end was gud... :D n this forum was really helplful .. :D
  8. MK-KSA

MK-KSA Guest

I passed alhamdulillah. My special thanks to DrSMAg, Najlaa and VIKY.
  9. T4

T4 Guest

At last

:shock: :eek: :) :D :lol: I did it the preparation didn't end in vain I've passed I've cried for all the effort I made
    thank u my friends
    thank u Kalra, passmedicine ( love u) & onexamination
  10. Dr. Docula

Dr. Docula Guest

Allhumdolillah, mashAllah passsssssssssssssssssed 781 marks :D yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

Congrats to all who passed.... and may the remaining pass.... Ameen!
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

hi,congrats to all those who passed.any wise suggestions about which books to read and which site for mcqs
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

i studied karla from skin to skin and one examination !!! can anyone plzzzzzzzz tell me what my defect,thx
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

I dont think its your fault.. Sometimes the exam comes difficult to pass... I think this one was a very tough exam,,, however i would recommend to revice onexam and Passmedicine(a must) at least 3 times.... May Allah help you....
    Ps: u r a prime candidate to pass next time... U were very close... Never b disappointed
    salam
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

thx for ur advice i am the guy who got 498

thats my 1st attempt ?? whom who pass did it by there 1st attempt ?or more attempts

and must i study text beside like kumar or davidson or just answer more question above one examination

(salam) are u EGYPTIAN
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

mrcp is a wide ranging exam
    reading one book is not enough
    go through several revision books
    go through a lot of questions
    make notes for quick revision
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

pass medicine .mrcp pass,on examination, pastest
    all i should register?
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

its enough for hou to revice passmed and onexam many times-- may be some bof books... And u r ready... U scored almost 500,, so u need just to update the way u answer questions
    yes i am Egyptian, and thank god i passed this time, i had the same situation exactly as you.. Keep on, dont get frustrated
    salam
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

thx for ur advice and is it ur 1st or 2nd attempt (egyptian man)?
  19. mlewis

mlewis Guest

I passed- this was my first attempt. Not by much though!
  20. guest121

guest121 Guest

congrats mlewis,please would u like to elaborate which websites to do,pass medicne ,on exam or pastest.i think kalra is a must but looking at the questions which have been posted are quite different from onexam.what do u suggest,would it cover all the stuff enough to pass ??? im confused,please help!
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

Second time
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

and whats ur score egyptian man in the 1st time and in the 2nd time??
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

go for passmedicine dot com and ydr dot org dot uk
    go through several times and make notes from their explanations
    If you have time go for one of the more expensive sites
  24. musbah

musbah Guest

Al7amdollelah, I passed. 648, really, I enjoyed the company of everyone in this forum throughout the past 3 weeks. I also passed the first part of the Irish MRCP which was on 8/9.
  25. guest72

guest72 Guest

i have passed mrcp part 1 in first attempt.i have gone through onexamination, kalra, some topics of kumar clark. :D :D :D :D :D
    dr. sameer what about u :?: :?:
  26. Guest 73

Guest 73 Guest

Friends, I passed in first atempt.
    Thanks to all who have contributed to this forum and shared the embrassing waiting hours together.
    I would like to recommends Pastest, Passmedicine, & Oxford handbook 7e. It is notable at least 7 qn fr 2007/3 paper.
    See you all in Part 2.
    What is your opinion shall we proceed directly to PACES.
  27. DrSMAg

DrSMAg Guest

Thanks to you all, congratulations to whom passed, wishes to whom failed.
    This forum is the most help helpful and warm-hearted environment.
    See you all again in next steps.
  28. DrSMAg

DrSMAg Guest

Dear MK-KSA
    Thanks for ur appreciation, I just represent a candidate group and my contribution is actually ours.
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

I was lucky to pass in my first attempt with a score of 666.

I think if you read passmedicine 3 times-knowing word to word given in thier notes and then try and cover on examination 2 times-you will stand a very good chance of passing in the exams.

I did not touch kalra or any other book.
    It took 3 months prepration time.
    Good luck to you all.
  30. arrgghh

arrgghh Guest

also passed first time, 768

i used passmedicine (once) & did about ten of the fixed exams on pastest. i learnt the answers to the BOFs well & read OHCM/wikipedia if i wanted further information.

everyone has their different approaches! i'm just very slow at going through questions but try to take in as much as i can on one reading.

commiserations to those who didn't do as well as they would have liked but these are strange exams. best of luck for the future.

anyone doing part 2 in april?
  31. stuck

stuck Guest

i wanna share my mrcp experience wid u....i gave dis exm with a fulltime job n just 2 month of study period n just subscribed for on examination .....bt exam was damn tough n on examination was not of too help...i thnk my back knowledge just saved me....so the advice is subscribe for more than onexamination n kalra atleat 3 readings is MUST
  32. stuck

stuck Guest

but i passed in the first attempt and in the end score doesnt matter ...passmark matters....
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi I fully agree with stuck suggestion as i did almost the same and passed in first attempt.surprised but nice
  34. Guest

Guest Guest

i passed first time with 750 after 2 weeks work. Passmedicine once through, make notes on the explaination, learn those and do 10-15 fixed papers on pastest. didnt need to touch kalra and passed comfortably.
  35. NEW GUEST

NEW GUEST Guest

One point to note!
    MRCP is not an exam that you would succeed with only 2 weeks preparation, unless you already have that depth of knowledge!
    People, Don't get confused!
    Most will need a 3-5 months extensive preparation before exam, depending on previous preparation.
    Take it seriously!
  36. jan2010

jan2010 Guest

I agree with "New Guest".

My last attempt was with a 2 month preparation with the following:

1. Passmedicine (Complete)
    2. Onexam (Complete)
    3. Incomplete Kalra
    4. Data Interpretation for MRCP
    5. Incomplete OHCM

I got 498 and failed.

Please do not get carried away by the lucky people's exceptional experiences, not everyone is sharp enough to afford a minimal study.

I am preparing for Jan 2010 now and started the following :

1. Pastest Pocket books (4)
    2. Passmedicine Revision
    3. Onexam revision
    4. Pastest Online course (it has live e-lectures, very beneficial)
    5. ydr dot org dot uk BOFs
    6. Medical revision dot org notes
    7. Latest NICE guidlines (if got time)
    8. Kalra (If got time)

Honestly, I have figured out that most failures are not due to lack of knowledge but due to lack of finding what exactly RCP wants.
    Believe me if you find a straightforward answer among the 5 options, DO NOT GO FOR IT., its the RCP's trick, try to find a far possible answer, which would be the correct answer in 90% of the cases......I have been caught in such traps and failed the last time.

InshaAllah we all shall pass, it is just a matter of arrival of our lucky day :)

If anyone wants to add to this or advise us better, please come forward.
  37. Najlaa

Najlaa Guest

To jan2010: i think your problem is that your mind is not MCQ oriented and also not MRCP oriented
    I hope you understand my point
  38. dr admab

dr admab Guest

mrcp 2 bof

friends,
    I pass this exam ( first attempt )
    I have many part 2 BOF ( including on exam &.......) I want to share books.Please contact me...(drahmedsheheen@gmail)
    If you have part 2 bof, please share to me. Thank. Very Happy

Guy, i also have recent bof mrcp 1 from money payed website , if you need, i will send.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  39. dr admab

dr admab Guest

I also need mrcp 2 bof & study partner.
    .Please contact me...(drahmedsheheen@gmail)
    If you have part 2 bof, please share to me. Thank. Very Happy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  40. jan2010

jan2010 Guest

To Najlaa:

Thanks for the comments.
    Any suggestions to make my mind "MCQ oriented", provided I am already practicing so many BOFs.

I'll be obliged for your advice.
  41. 2010

2010 Guest

hi jan2010 should we start discussing on new thread for jan
  42. jan2010

jan2010 Guest

Sure. I am ready.
    Anyone interested can join us.

Let us start from Nephrology.
    I am also looking for any mneumonic to remember all those 6 types of Glomerulonephritides.
  43. failure

failure Guest

the bad thing for me in sep that i was happy after the paper which is very dangerous if you dont know why u fail
  44. jan2010

jan2010 Guest

Do not worry my friend.
    As you can see in my 3 days old post this exam is tricky, it does not test only your knowledge but also the way you save yourself from the RCP's traps.

Keep on focusing on the methodology of answering a BOF. You will succeed :)
  45. guest100

guest100 Guest

Alhamdulilah i passed from my first attempt and hope you keep going and and don't give up.here are some suggestion for you gys:
    1-try to do BOF test of about 300 questions to rank yourself first.
    2-start your reading with a source of knolledge first like KALRA and OXFORD HAND BOOK OF MEDICINE.
    3-start to solve BOF questions of what you revised in kalra or oxford and i suggest to start with on examination then end by passmedicine.
    4-the most important thing is to know what score you achieve in each examination you do.
    5-I think if a person achieve a score about 80 is in a safe place.
    6-lastly my own experience that :my overall score in passmedicine from first trial is 81.6 and my score in sep 2009 is 728.
    7-I think this comparison of your performance in BOF BEFORE EXAM IS THE MOST RELIABLE WAY OF MEASURING YOUR READINESS FOR THE EXAM.
  46. guest 83

guest 83 Guest

hey jan 2010....unfortunately i couldnt make it either...scored 509 :(
    studying for jan 2010 now....
    i agree it is jsut about fine tuning oneself..doing as many BOF as possible wid reading where needed...
  47. jan2010

jan2010 Guest

I have started a new thread "MRCP-1 JANUARY 2010 DISCUSSIONS", please post any discussion regarding BOFs there.

Thanks
  48. Guest

Guest Guest

Najlaa dont be so mean and give clear cut information. You seem not to share useful information and pass unnecessary comments. Dont be so mean and act like a rascal.
  49. Najlaa

Najlaa Guest

To guest: i didnt write my last comment in general or to you but specifically to one doctor who answered respectfully i hope you understand my comment clearly
  50. jan2010

jan2010 Guest

To Najlaa:

I am sad to know such remarks by some users. I believe this is a forum by the professionals and for the professionals who should help eachother.
    I hope everyone got what I wanted to refer to.

Secondly, Najlaa, as I requested earlier could you please be kind enough to advise me how to improve my skills and how to make my mind "MRCP-Oriented" ?

If you prefer emailing me, its "pavilionn" at yahoo dot com.

I'll be indebted.