MRCP PART 2 WRITTEN APRIL 2010

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by mint_girl, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

i failed at 52.4%, but the system went down before i found out my equating mark.
    I dont understand this system i assume that every person who gets the same % mark gets the same equating mark??
    If so what would my equating mark be for 52.4%?
  2. Guesst

Guesst Guest

Dear RNA, dont give up. Keep going.
    what did you study last time??
  3. RNA

RNA Guest

actually i dint rewise v gud. I did pastest and sharma both once.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

i have done sharma book three times, on examination 4 times, question books, another text book, pastest once and been on 2 courses.
    Yes i failed
  5. guest223

guest223 Guest

Dont really get the logic of sharma, or onexamination or whatever.
    It all depends upon your base line knowledge and ability to grasp key information from ANY online BOF course. I never did Sharma, never read any book. Part 1 first attempt with 2 week online study on passmedicine, part 2 first attempt 1.5 week study on pastest, managed 2500 questions in total.
    May be i am one of those people who are good at passing exams, it DOES NOT make me a doctor better than any of you, infact i am quite crap in wards and dont really take much interest in ward based teachings or structured tutorials or lectures.
    DONT make things complicated, get the basic concepts right, dont worry @ ''Oh ma God! i have'nt done sharma three times cover to cover'' and i got two days left!. Just take it easy, get pastest or onexamination, read explanation for ALL questions, whether you got it right or wrong, grasp knowledge of key information, and please dont ask for advice from ANY person you run into who has hapened to passed the exam, believe in your self, keep it simple, and think about questions logically rather than attempting to read a whole book three times or complete all online questions 4 times or what, its all about learning the technique and extract info from questions, dont do questions think these exact same or very similar questions will come in exam, do these questions as a quick and practical source of obtaining useful information.
    All the best
  6. RNA

RNA Guest

yes u r v rite. Its all about concept... I was just saying coz of bad revesion i failed. Its all about keeping the facts in ur mind as long as possible
  7. dr ma

dr ma Guest

i agree totally with what my colleague said
    but i am giving u my own way
    may be it is not matching u rna
    but anyway trust in allah he will reward u for ur effort
  8. Guesst

Guesst Guest

1.5 wk for pastest means 10 days for 2500 Qs??
    You must have been hard work.
    Anyway, congrats you passed.
  9. AG

AG Guest

means he is a GENIUS
  10. AG

AG Guest

2500 question in 10 days...i.e 250 question / day ---> if its 5 min for every question, then u studied 21 HOURS/DAY (i assumed 5 minutes only/question with no breaks or time to eat)...come on, be reasonable please
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

i dont understand this new marks system
    Last exam i got 52.44% and failed by 0.3%
    Thsi time i got 52.47% (the mark was on the system before they took it down) and the equating mark for this is only 379!!! So far from the passmark. Does that mean the passmark this time was really high
  12. guest223

guest223 Guest

Did nearly 200 - 300 questions per day, 10 days total study leave with 3 long day oncalls in between, studies about 15 hours per day on days off of study leave
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

pass mark =58.83%
    according to finding posted from our colleauge
    Good luck for all
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

if over all score is 612 how can i calculate to change it to precentage % thank you for anyone can help ?
  15. mint_girl

mint_girl Guest

To everyone on the forum it has been a long terrible month of waiting, and I am still disappointed and I can't get over the fact that I have failed. I really can't take this! ALL MY COLLEAGUES ARE AHEAD OF ME and I'm just sitting there watching everyone pass by...

I have tears in my eyes to be honest, cos I cannot beging to think how to revise again to be honest.. it is NO FUN

I can't apply to the JULY exam cos it will not be in the country that i am and it is too expensive for me to gamble and travel for flights and hotel and if i do it in november i have another exam i have to study for in APRIL unfortunately (not MRCP RELATED) so it will be STRESS AFTER ANOTHER and i will just become a crazy person!

I have a home and a son and a husband to look after!!! I CANNOT PUT THEM THROUGH THIS MISERY ANY LONGER! IT HAS BEEN 5 long years with 6 DIFFERENT EXAMS each time I TAKE A HOLIDAY I SWEAR TO GOD ITS FOR THE EXAM!!! SO FAR SInce 2005 (SINCE PART 1 MRCP) I HAVE NOT TAKEN A HOLIDAY ONCE FOR NOT EXAM PURPOSES!!

HOW MISERABLE IS MY LIFE! AND ANYONE ELSE WHO IS GOING THROUGH THIS! IS IT EVEN WORTH IT!?

I SWEAR I WANT TO QUIT BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO!!!! I'm SICK OF IT ALL

I DONT CARE IF MRCP doesn't SHOW IF U ARE A GOOD DOCTOR OR NOT! I Dont care anymore if i am good OR NOT!! I AM NOT PASSING WHAT IS REQUIRED THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

I dont know HOW TO PULL MYSELF TOGETHER AT ALL!!!

I DONT KNOW HOW TO PULL MYSELF!!

IAMDUMB, WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?? I'm tearing!
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

if over all score is 612 how can i calculate to change it to precentage % thank you for anyone can help ?

please advise
  17. mannyl

mannyl Guest

Dear mint girl,
    I m July candidate.
    So sorry to hear that. You have been working so hard.
    Life is beautiful and lots of things to do ahead of us with or without mrcp.
    One door closes, other doors are due to open sooner or later.
    Please be positive, keep going on whatever you decide.
    best
  18. mrcp candt

mrcp candt Guest

to mint_girl

dont get depressed. this is not the end, i can understand ur feeling, if u dont blv i passed mrcp part 1 in 5 attempt

last attempt i decided that i will leave n do diplom ain cardilogy in india, i went to india n found out every thing about it,

b4 going to india, i gave part 1 n left waiting for result, n decided that this will be my last attemp

when i cam eback after 4 days result came, alhumdulilah i passed, i was trying for this since jan 2007, n in jan 2010 i passed

dont get depreesed, good things are ahead of u n good days too,

after reading ur post i feltvery sad too

but plz this is not the end, think what good things u have wid u now

every body in life has some or the other seerious problem but they dont reaveal it

inshallah u will also get happy days, u will pass full mrcp , just there is time fixed for it,

all the best
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

i have been sitting mrcp since jan 07....finally passed part 1 after 5th attempth sept 08. Now just failed part 2 after 4th attempt. I cannot get a jib this coming summer due to failure & prob wont get one next year either as will need to ave passed all parts by then (unlikely)...uk regulations
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

Mintgirl
    Your fellow doctors share your anguish + hurt. Your message is very emotive. Time is a great healer, hopefully in a few days you will feel much better.
    You are a wonderful mother + wife with a beautiful child + loving husband. Look into the eyes of your son & you will see a strong, determined & successful doctor. I am sure he is proud of you.
    Don't rush into making any decisions just yet. Wait a little.
  21. dr AR

dr AR Guest

Returning to this prestigeous forum after quiet and patient waiting. Alhamdolillah i have emerged victorious in RCP rating securing 59%. I would like to congratulate all those who have passed Libyan , dr ma etc and feel really sorry or those who havn"t esp for mint_girl who has been active participant in this forum. please do not lose heart. It is only matter of few days you will gather your momentum again.shall be waiting for view on paces from those with Pass result.
  22. Guesst

Guesst Guest

Dear AR,
    What was your study sources??
    thanks
  23. dr AR

dr AR Guest

Dear guest

Ihave been working as Registrar in gen medicine starting as HO in same unit of teaching hospital. I had gone through Davidson twice, made my own notes, which I revised one week before exams. Plus I did Pastest once(very helpful) onexamination photocopied Bofs.Radiology for MRCP.YEs Oxford handbook of medicine. good luck to you.
  24. nm

nm Guest

alsalm alaikom, alhamd lellah I passed, I want to congratulate to all who passed and say to all who will pass next attep insaalah donot give up, all happen to U is good from allah, be patient. you did not fail but U go a step towards success. :)
  25. Dr Moaly

Dr Moaly Guest

plz guys need advice my score in pastest 70% performance and 57 % in questions go for july or wait ,congratulations for who succeed
  26. nm

nm Guest

please collages, what is the % of success
  27. nm

nm Guest

I wand Informations about paces sources of studying
  28. nm

nm Guest

to dr moaly 70% is not bad but U shoud do more to be above it do the wrong Q again and be careful of the comments , good luck
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

thank u dr ma for ur advice again congratulation and god bless u
  30. RNA

RNA Guest

dear fellows can anyone tell what will b my %. I got 405 on 3 digits. Once again congrats 2 all those who passed. Time will heal ur wounds my sis mint gal. Can v become study partners.
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

el7amALLAH i passed, my advise is to do sharma v v v v v carefully every word is important at least 3 or 4 time and on examination once is enough.Hard luck for everyone didnot pass and congratulations for every1 who passed, el7amdALLAH
  32. mint_girl

mint_girl Guest

Hello again everyone,

I really appreciate all your heartwarming comments and understanding and sharing your sad experiences as well, it has helped given me some hope to get through tonight. Its 1 20 am here and I'm still in disbelief sitting. I guess it is true those steps they taught us, the disbelief anger and then acceptance... but i need to get to the acceptance stage quickly in order to get on with it.

So far I have decided that I think applying for the JULY exam will be too soon and difficult financially (travel to another country), I would like your opinions on this. After doing this exam I realise that really it requires A LOT of carefully detailed to the point knowledge that i highly doubt i can acquire in the next couple of months so I should wait for november as not to waste more money as well. If i tell you how much money i have spent so far, it is sad... (am sure all of you too have this problem as well) ...

By the way I have been doing a little browing is it seems medical materclass by the royal college is not bad after all? Maybe I should consider it in my revision?

Have you also noticed the exam is always asking for the most updated management? they are not asking for factual information, they want to know what management you would do according to guidelines and so on, am i correct?

What is your opinion of BMJ clinical evidence compared to UPTODATE? I haven't subscribed to either, and the prices are ridiculous but I have a feeling that perhaps this is what is needed in the exam, to know THESE details well.... From those of you who experienced either what is your opinion?
  33. drriz79

drriz79 Guest

ALhamduLillah I passed with 575/425..(.I DIDNT SEE ANY PERCENTAGE AT ALL ON WEBSITE :oops: )first attempt for part 2....but i cant believe if some one is througing and misguding the candidates or to show that much genius they are...I STUDIED HARD FOR ONE YEAR....and I decided not to apper untill to cover all of my deficiency.....Please dont take MRCP as a JOKE.....Its really a tough exam and you should be prepared properly....inspite of doing blank attempts....BEST OF LUCK FOR NEXT TIME WHO COULD NOT GET THROUGH....they will get through next time inshallah...
  34. guest 111

guest 111 Guest

hey ...
    congrts to all those who passed...
    may God help those who didnt manage this time..
    i got 394...anyone interested in studying for july?
  35. IBS

IBS Guest

Hi mint girl,
    Did you try pastest or onexam before and not useful?
  36. Mop

Mop Guest

Dear guest111, I m sitting for July.
    What sources did you study last time?
  37. Dr.A H A

Dr.A H A Guest

mrcp part 2

Basic knowledge
    Clinical experience
    Your notes
    Techniques of the question and how can you extract the key and stem
    Sharma
    on examination
    Any photographic materials

This is all you need to pass and before and after all of that is God helping you.
  38. guest 111

guest 111 Guest

i just did 200 questions from sanjay sharma.and some photographic material.it was a haste attempt at the exam.
  39. Dear Friends,

Congratulations to all those who passed...those who did not ..better luck next time.

Mine was a first attempt and ipassed by getting a score of 515.

I feel the secret of passing this exam lies in passmedicine(part 1) and sharma. if you do them 3-4 times each you are sure to pass. You can top it up with on examination. Pastest do as much as you can.

I feel the above is a sure recipe to success.

I convey my heartful thanks to all the firends in the forum from whom i derived encouragement, guidance and thus was able to complete this exam successfully.

Good luck guys.
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

Mintgirl + others

I passes + this is was my method:
    Revise my own revision notes for part 1 (taken from pastest electures).
    Revise part 2 pastest electures.
    Sanjay Sharma. As thoroughly as possible. In the days before the exam I went through every question at least once a day.
    Pastest question bank. Answer as many questions as possible. Do all the fixed exams. Overall I only managed to complete approximately 50% of the question bank.
    Best wishes
  41. To drriz79
    firstly congratulation
    Plz your oponione about preparation and your comment for these materials
    1-sharma book
    2-pastest
    3-on examination
    4-BOF books
    and are you advice extra materials
    thanx
  42. rashed1983

rashed1983 Guest

what should i prefer pastest or onexam??
    what about radiology?
  43. pebble

pebble Guest

mint girl, i know it's depressing and demoralising.

But don't give up - for those who've failed, the effort put into studying and thinking through the various questions in preparation for the exam would sharpen our thoughts and broaden our knowledge base.

This isn't my first attempt by the way, and there are many others who've failed before, but succeeded eventually. I'm sure u can do it!
  44. MK-KSA

MK-KSA Guest

I passed alhamdulillah. My special thanks to LIBYAN and dr AR for actively participating in the discussion of the Qs.
  45. Guest

Guest Guest

To mint girl : dear our sister,

Pls take care about your health and don’t let your vitality go down ; it is just exam of next authorized step for your medical skills improving. The guys have taken it (with my heartily congratulation) they never ever have two brain or 4 eyes,,,,,,,, etc, first of all they have been got it (by Tawfig Allah) then their appreciated much efforts and they were lucky about what they have studied,,, and so on. the fact is : all these supportive factors which helped them to get (pass mark) are logically and not impossible for any other one.

We are asking you kindly to apply for July 2010 Insha Allah and this is our truthfully invitation : we will be very pleased to welcome you at city in which my wife will be along with you for MRCP2 July10. You and any others will come with; you will be too much welcome at our home during all days you will be here.

Kindly don’t hesitate to communicate with us via this : wadmock (at) hotmail dotcom , if you require any more info.

My truly wishes to all those who are going to repeat it again on July 10.

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetings to they passssssssssssssed.
  46. Libyan

Libyan Guest

MY SPECIAL CONGRATULATION FOR DOCTOR MK-KSA AND dr-AR FOR THEIR SUCCESS AND BEING AMONG THE MOST ACTIVE AND BRIGHT DOCTORS IN KEEPING THIS FORUM ACTIVE AND HELPFUL FOR NEXT PARTICIPANTS .....
  47. mint_girl

mint_girl Guest

Hello all,

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your kind words and invitation and thank you others for your support. Some have asked me what sources I have used, I used all pastest books the series book 1, book 2, book 3 and the HIV and infectious diseases. I have used pastest question bank online, and I've completed most of it maybe around 70%, I have used some of sharma but to be honest the book was too heavy to carry around that I didn't use it much, and I went through through both beynon books the data interpretation one and the photos one, I also went half through Robert Semple's case histories for the MRCP....and 100 diseases for the mrcp

I didn't use one examination cos i used it before in the past and I didn't think it was as good as pastest. PLus pastest HAD WAY TOO MANY questions i wouldn't have had any time to go through on examination.

Regarding applying for JULY, I really want to, but i realise it will not be enough time for me because after doing this exam again I am lacking in a lot of knowledge and 2 months is not enough to cram through, i need to RESTUDY most things i believe....

I have a question, what is the best way to study for radiology, because when i look at a CT scan for example, I DONT EVEN KNOW where ANY OF THE ORGANS ARE!! (no MRCP radiology book points to the STRUCTURES, they just expect you know where they are in the explanation!!)
    I also suffered revising for haematology slides but thankfully they didnt put much of those...

If i were to restudy for MRCP again i think i will CHANGE my strategy of sources... I will try to see if i can join bmj clinical evidence (?? versus uptodate) and really read and know it because the MRCP if you notice they want such answers..... I am considering buying materclass but i want to see SAMPLE pages! any opinions?

There is a new series out called clinical cases uncovered for nephro, cardio, resp, endocrine etc, it actually looks good... I have a copy for the general practice and it is quite interesting way of going through cases.... Perhaps this is another option of books to use.. because u are going through scenarios and thinking patterns,

BUT

I can't get myself to FACE the books again, I can't pull myself together to FACE IT..
  48. n.m

n.m Guest

dear mint_girl Iam with all other collages who support U to sit in July itis amatter of another 2 months of studieng hard and inshallah U can pass. like Guest sayes itis amatter of tawfiq Allah and concentrations on our diffeciency (all of us have) and inshaalah all the group will be together in paces
    I will very geateful to join U in this discussion and to share knoledge, experiences and congratulations in shaalah :)
  49. Dr Smile

Dr Smile Guest

Congrats to all who cleared their MRCP 2 and good luck other

Alhamdullilah i have passed MRCP 2 Exam in first attempt as i did in MRCP 1.. I have secure 618/425 it is purely the Prayings of my parents and Blessings from Allah that i cleared the exam after one year of continous hardwork and struggle
  50. n.m

n.m Guest

congratulation Dr smile I also passed from Ist attempt in the 2 parts
    But I donot know about sources of PACES studieng, can you help me please in this point. THANKS
    I