MRCP PART 2 WRITTEN APRIL 2011 (recall of questions)

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by Guest, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Dr Hopeful

Dr Hopeful Guest

Dr Albarwari , I await to hear your advise/ sources for preparation, kindly share

regards
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

alsalam ulukom

conratulations 50 all

especiall dr. groon

dr. oman
    dr. abrawi

i failed my exam with score 400 only

i work in hospital here in qatar i did my exam in saudia arabia

but really it is better for me to fail next exam too than to

kill one patient thank a lot dr.groon thanks a lot

i had one indian nephrologist he is f.r.c.p holder

i ask him his opionion about the question of hyperphosphataemia

he told calcium carbonate is the correct answer even if it cause

tissue calcification

selver is o.k but it will not affect low calcium level directly

alfacalcidol is wrong and it will make matter worse

i ask him if i give it can kill the patient

his comment : of course

i told him one doctor tell r.c.p advise to give alfacalcidol to treat

hyperphosphataemia

he contact the r.c.p and ask the one of the examiner about this

may be they will take the action against this site

i do not know

please do not write r.c.p advise something if it is not written

or you be responsible

be honest and do not write answer telling this r.c.p answer

r.c.p ask about treatment of hyperphosphateamia

if any one want to call him i already take his permission to

give doctors his land phone and extension

lastly congratulation for those who pass and good luck for me and

those who failed

please if any doctor want to comment he should just ask about the

land phone of the f.r.c.p doctor : i will give

iam not the one who will going to discuss

i think now things were clear
  3. leokack

leokack Guest

sincere thanks

dear friends
    i sincerely thank you all for you active participation which helped many of us to pass the MRCP part 2
    i pray that the very best comes to you
    regards
    leo

NB: My special thanks to Dr non-picture for you advice on MKSAP..it is just wonderful..thanks a lot
  4. confidant

confidant Guest

GROON

Hope success and to be great professor "I can swear this is my feelings" but why you are sticky on alphacalicidole and you know the time is over for that,,, OK you are right but those who put sevelamer may also be right,,,,I know I did it wrong as I did not notice the question was about hyperphosphatemia ,,,,but I passed with a score above 650 and put alphacalcid and not failed as you said ,,,,,,
    please leave it and tell others what you studied and how to prpare may be better than this unhealthy discussion
    So be positive
  5. OKO

OKO Guest

CONGRATULAION FOR ALL
  6. oman

oman Guest

to the guest working in qatar
    who got 400 ( sad to hear that , but i appreciate your positive approach)

thanks for your wishes

all the best for your up coming exams --defnitely you will become a good doctor

allah bless you

ameen
  7. Dr Hopeful

Dr Hopeful Guest

I am sorry Guys but so far none of who passed have come up with suggestions to help the other taking exam in future despite being repeated request by many.

Can you please share your strategy to benefit others?

thanks
  8. oman

oman Guest

dr. hopeful , new MRCP , JULY 2011, NOV 2011

LET ME SHARE MY EXPERIANCE

VERY IMPORTANT FIRST BUY VERY LONG NOTEBOOKS

START TO WRITE NOTES TOPIC BY TOPIC -CHAPTER BY CHAPTER

1.GO THROUGH PASS MEDICINE PART 1 --MAKE NOTES
    2. ON EXAMINATION -SOLVE ALL Q --MAKE NOTES VERY IMPORTANT
    3.PAS TEST REVISE TWICE --MAKE NOTES
    4. SHARMA --REVISE TWICE MAKE NOTES
    5.100 PLUS DISEASE --GOOD SOURCE TO DIFFERENCIATE BETWEEN THE DISEASES
    6. MEDICAL MASTERCLASS MANUALS--EXCELLANT SOURCE MAKE NOTES IF POSSIBLE
    7.EASTERBROOK BASICS FOR MRCP --BASIC KNOWLEGE VERY IMPORTANT --GOOD SOURCE
    8.KARLA FOR MRCP --REVISE AND MAKE NOTES
    9.OHCM --but very difficult

FINISH ALL NOTES 1 MONTH BEFORE EXAM --REVISE NOTES TWICE --THRICE BEFORE EXAM
    (EVEN THOUGH I CANT DO IT 100%)
  9. score

score Guest

Dr. Oman can u please tell does score make a difference as far as future prospects are concerned....or only passing is important?
  10. broom

broom Guest

11. broom

broom Guest

dear broom
    from where u used to buy alphacalcidol,
    next time pls buy calcium carbonate for me from same shope so that i can keep it with sevelamer,...
    however dont take this drugs,u may die :D :D :D :D :D :D
  12. Dr albarwari

Dr albarwari Guest

Dear all and
    dr. hopeful , new MRCP , JULY 2011, NOV 2011 Thanks for nice words

I shall put here my experience with part 2
    of course every one has his way of preparation but here I shall write what I did really

First of all you should know passing MRCP is an art of preparation so the difference from those who pass and got high score is the way of preparation "this is my opinion"
    You should have high spirit and depend on ALLAH and have Determination and Insistence for passing the Exam and do not be overconfident as everythings in the hand of ALLAH and in the same time be hopeful
    When it comes to the exam should be comfortable and forget the anxiety and fear of failure, It is an exam not just the end of the world,,, you have other opportunities for success even if you have failed in the exam

I started preparation from end of December 2010 till Aprill 2011,,,you can say 3 months plus several days
    1- Applied online for both onexamination and pastest
    2- had sharma book 2006
    3- start study system by system first start from pastest then onexam then sharma
    4- for each BOF you read try to spend time and think why this is the answer and not that and read the explanation deeply and try to summarize what happened by doing your own notes
    5- for each system I did my own notes "I made a word file for each system" and copied the important notes regarding each BOF from the explanation and paste it in the file I made "this is very important to do as I shall comment on it"
    6- you Must organize your time for each system so you finish the whole materials "at least at least two weeks" before the exam, so you can review the notes you made previosly regarding each system
    Do not forget Revision is the only guarantee way for success, no matter how much you read the books but what is important is how much you remember from what you read
    For this period before the exam is a red line should not be exceeded
    7- I did onexamination once but was unhappy with it,,,,,BOF were totally different fron real exam "do it if you have time"
    8- I regard pastest very important I did it twice as it has high quality BOF with a very good updated explanations,,,also it has past papers from previous exam 90 BOF for each diet "more than 12 papers of real exams" with good explanation it teach you the style of exam try to do them many times ,,,,also it has amazing e-lectures specially the multimedia,, given by experienced doctors in MRCP like KALRA
    9-Sharma also good but has no updated guidelines
    10- if you have time try to read the NICE Guideline specially the cardiology respiratory "at end of each system",,, "only read the key points not all" RCP LOVE NICE guidelines toooooo much"
    11- BNF an important source for pharmacological BOF in MRCP read onlt the beginning of each topic" if you have time"
    12- of course I read NICE and BOF for Part 1 preparation and made my own summaries
    13-Images I depend on GOOOOOOOOOOOGLE and saved each interesting image in special file for final revision just 2 days before exam,,beynon image not very good I read it 1 day
    14- I had beynon but no time to read except 30 BOF 'good book"
    15- NO text booooook NO kalra
    16- I got vacation 45 days before Exam nothing I did except eating drinking praying sleeping studying MRCP :lol: :lol:
    17- Do not forget Revision Revision Revision Revision Revision Revision if you have time do it for 100 times as my dear colleague OMAN said
    18- for long BOF history try to read the options first carefully as you have only 2 minutes for each BOF and many of the will be answered when you read the history in the half way
    19- Do not change your answer if you made as it is the most correct one
    20-try to organize your time in the exam as you must finish 45 BOF in 1.5 hour
    21-Remember if you only have 3 months for preparation try to do pastest onexam sharma and nothing else otherwise the time will be over and you will be late for revision
    22-pastest has 2400 BOF + more than 600 BOF of previous papers,,onexam has 1200 BOF,,, so when you shall finish all them with revision,,,,SO start and hurry up for JULY you have no time do not waste you time with boooks
    23- I got benefit from my own notes for part 1 also for revision

Hope this may be of benefit inshaallah
  13. drjim

drjim Guest

my preparation was only for 25 days(17 hr /day),read only onexamination,about 80 question from sharma.
    BUT THIS IS NOT ENOUGH ,IT'S A TOUGH EXAM.
  14. Dr Hopeful

Dr Hopeful Guest

thanks Dr Albarwari , much obliged . Would it be possible for you to share your word notes with me? I would like to go through them !

thanks
  15. guestnov2011

guestnov2011 Guest

dr albarwari

thanks a lot for ur very good advice

may allah help you always

dr jhim

i didnt understand how u passed by just onexamination only

may be u read some thing else tto
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

@drjim did u pass?
  17. Kumar Mongar

Kumar Mongar Guest

Congratulation to all who passed the exam. I failed! I m planning to take exam in Nov/2011. Thank you for Dr Albawari & Dr Oman for their advice. Your advices are simple and honest. I appreciate. Please pray for me. I'll try hard to pass exam.
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

dear dr guestnov2011

i hope that you can get little benifite

1- time factor

at least you need 3 months if you had part1 within 3-5 months
    if you away from study for mor than 6 months you need at least 6 months to be sure that you can pass easly
    if you finish part 1 within 2 months what you need only 2 months

2- sources

- onexamination same Questions since 5 years i didnt like
    - pastest excellent source ( but 2 revisions)>>>>the best for BOF QS
    - sharma is not uptodate and only give basics of medicine (IT HELP TO EXCLUDE OPTIONS NOT TO CHOOSE CORRECT OPTION ????? )
    -passmedicine notes are obligatory you must start with it and finish with it (i mean passmedicine of part 1) realy if there was passmedicine for part2 i think it will be enough
    - so passmedinine notes + pastest
    - dont care about special sources for ecg, pictuers or radiology >>>> google is enough
    - the most important advice is >>> you must know that there is hot topics and points RCP like it so you can search for extra sources for these topics >>>>> let me help you

* no exam. without 4-5 questions about AF
    * NO exam. without 3 QS about pancreatitis
    * NO exam without 3 QS about amiodaron
    * NO exam without 4-6 QS about guidlines for bronchial asthma and COPD
    * NO exam without 3-4 qs about complicaations of MI
    * NO exam without 3 qs about syncopy
    * NO exam without 3 qs about hypokalemia and another 3 for hyponatremia

so for example i collect best and simple table and flowshart about DD of syncope from any source and make my special notes

dr marzan
  19. Dr Hopeful

Dr Hopeful Guest

Dr Marzan Excellent !!! many thanks . Can you give more list on MRCP hot topics or aleast hint me where to look for them?
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

thank you dr hopeful

regarding hot topics i prepare complete least about hot topics but i didnt finish it till now but for example
    * 2 qs about celiac
    * 2 qs about DD of PBC , AUTOIMMUNE HEPATITIS AND PSC
    you can find very good flowchart and diagrams in harisson manual excellant book as regard flowcharts you can go for hypokalemia >>> see and>> till me ????? i got photocopy and made my notes and there is another sources i knew through past years i got copies and made notes it take time but you will feel better in exam when you go for correct option within seconds because you had your own flowchart ( example>>> answer is renal tubular acidosis ???? yes it is hypokalemia an acidosis in ABG it is left side of flowchart of hypokalemia in harisson manual :D
  21. new mrcp

new mrcp Guest

:D Thank you for Dr Albawari & Dr Oman
    allah bless you
  22. oman

oman Guest

HELLO KK SORRY TO HERE THAT YOU FAILED ----I WILL PRAY FOR YOU
    ALLAH BLESS YOU NEXT TIME

HELLO---SCORE ---SCORING IN MRCP DOESNT MATTERS --JUST WHAT YOU NEED IS PASS SCORE
  23. score

score Guest

thanx a lot dr. oman........GOD BLESS U!
  24. caashif

caashif Guest

congrats to all those who passed particularly albarwari,oman and many others and thanks albarwari your advice regarding prep is really precious ill try to follow that ,one question whether ct scan mri or echo do u really have to master these
    and how did u guys manage images @ google kindly elaborate this
    DR COOL from lahore congrats to you too i mite also b apppearing inshallah from lahore in july do u have any advice i will really regard that if you could say some thing for this
    thanks once again
    Allah hafiz
  25. guestnov2011

guestnov2011 Guest

thanks dr albarwari
    and dr marzan

for ur valuable advices

dr marzan r u from ksa

u r advicing just to read and revise PM AND PT

NO NEED TO READ ONEAMINATION
    AND SHARMA
  26. GUEST430

GUEST430 Guest

THE PPLE WHO APPEARED IN APRIL

EVERY BODY PASSED EXCEPT ME

AS I HAVE SEEN NO BODY POSTED FAILED THAT MEANS ALL OF THEM HAVE PASSED

MASHALLAH

GOOD
  27. Dr albarwari

Dr albarwari Guest

SCORE
    score is not important as OMAN said

caashif
    Echo images at the end of sharma are interesting with good explanation
    Try to read all images from sharma they are very good but not enough

MRI CT you need to google them

Bone chest Abdomen x ray Dermatology also google

Audiometry in the end the end of sharma enough

ECG you need to google or books like 150 cases for ECG "I did not read no time"

When you study pastest or onexam try to study the images of them together "you can do it by chosing with image from pastest of the folder of photograph in onexam"

Remember you shall have 30-40 images BOF in all 3 papers

4-5 of them are ECG "usually difficult"
    spinal MRI 2
    Spinal xray
    hand x ray 1-2
    pelvis xray 0-1
    Abdominal CT 1
    Chest CT 1
    Retina 2-3
    Eye 0-1
    Dermatology photo 12-15
    face, hand,leg
    Chest x ray 2-3
    Brain CT and MRI 4-5
    Echo 0-1
    Audiometry 0-1
    Endocrinology usually facial appearance 1-2
    Bood film 0-1
  28. Dr albarwari

Dr albarwari Guest

Dear brothers Kumar Mongar GUEST430

I am sorry to here that you failed but never mind you will do it next time you know you will have better informations than me and OMAN because you will revise the topics again which will benefit for PACES

Do not be dishearted the life is lessons and I ask ALLAH to help us to pass the final exam when we leave this world and stand between his hands Ameeeeeeeen

let me know how I can help you
  29. Dr albarwari

Dr albarwari Guest

Dear brother GROON

Come on where are you??? we need your advises share us you experience
  30. GUEST430

GUEST430 Guest

dr albarwari

thanks for ur words and u r advice

am planning for nov

PASTEST
    ONEXAMINATION
    SHARMA

ARE THESE THREE ENOUGH

OR U ADVICE SOME THING MORE

ECG--150

CAN U SEND TH GOOGLE IMAGES THAT U HAVE UPLOADED IS IT POSSIBLE
  31. GUEST430

GUEST430 Guest

DR ALBARWARI

HOW MANY HOURS U USED TO STUDY DAILY
  32. Dr albarwari

Dr albarwari Guest

GUEST430
    For me the 3 sources you mentioned are enough for passing if you have only 3 months preparation as you have no enough time to do more specially if you have extrawork
    As in previous posts I said you should master what you read and priority should be for pastest
    If you will do the exam in November,,,OK you have more than enough time for excellent preparation so you can read Beynon, MIKSAP

How many hours I read you know when you have duties and work you can not read more than 8 hours
    But as I said for the last 45 days before exam I had taken vacation and did only studying MRCP + Whatching Revolutions in our area "middle-east" at rest :lol: :lol: ,,,so you can say around 15 hours daily

Regarding Google images they are of large size "more than 100 megabite"as I saved more than 1000 images and really I have no experience of uploading
    It is better to have an access to internet and save any image when you read the related topic and even you will benefit from internet to clarify better some topics and I advice to search it in emedicine or uptodate "if you have registration" I know it take time but if you will do the exam in NOV so you have enough time to do the above and we will see an amazing and creative GUEST430 Inshaallah
  33. Drcool

Drcool Guest

Hi caashif..
    Well my score isn't as high as some ppl on this forum. I got 486.
    I did on examination, sharma, pastest. I wish I had also done passmedicine but I didn't have time. I am very thankful to Allah I passed.
    Best of luck.
  34. drjim

drjim Guest

@guest.....i cleared part2 exam,as oman and albarwari says' score is not important' agree with them...

actually I underestimate the exam,WHAT I THOUGHT WAS 115/270 ENOUGH TO PASS(THAT WHY I GAV EXAM IMMEDIATELY AFTER PART1...PART1 EXAM I FELT EASY) ......AFTER THIS EXAM ONLY I CAME TO KNOW THAT 160-170/270 REQUIRED TO PASS..... I FELT EXAM WAS VERY TOUGH ,TRICKY ,NEED AT LEAST 3 MONTH PREPARATION....
    SO FOLLOW DR.OMAN,ALBARWARI,MARZAN,GROON ADVICE.
    I NEED ADVICE ON PREPARATION FOR PACES,PLANNING TO GIV IN INDIA.....HERE NO ONE KNOWS MUCH ABOUT MRCP
    HOPE U ALL HELP ME .
    CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN
  35. drjim

drjim Guest

@ OMAN
    ADVICE ME FOR PACES PREPARATIONS ...REGARDING STUDY MATERIALS
    WHICH BOOK I HAV TO BUY
    WHICH ONLINE COURSES.
  36. drjim

drjim Guest

@ALBARWARI

WHICH BOOK I HAV TO BUY
    WHICH ONLINE COURSES
  37. drjim

drjim Guest

@GROON
    WHICH BOOK I HAV TO BUY
    WHICH ONLINE COURSES
  38. score

score Guest

thanx DR. Albarwari......When are u planning for PACES?
  39. score

score Guest

@dr. jim......

Hey Doc I would also be giving PACES in India....Where are u from? U must be Planning for the third diet in Chennai.....
  40. Dr albarwari

Dr albarwari Guest

score
    Regarding PACES I have no much experience about how to prpare but difintly in this forum there may be some of them

When I shall do it I wish if I can as soon as possible but I have a problem PACES not present in IRAQ and as IRAQIES we have difficulty in getting visa ,,,,,,,,,so I do not know what to do

Is there any Egyptian doctors please
  41. OKO

OKO Guest

Dear AlBarwari , I 'm egyptian doctor 29 years old , nice to hear from you

i prepare for Part 2 in july ,
  42. Guest

Guest Guest

Alhamdollah finaly i completed my MRCP .
  43. For ppl doing part2 ecg by example n 150 ecg pbms.i got a hi score without clinical exp.also do data interpretation by steve hughes.150 chest xray bk also.
  44. OKO

OKO Guest

Any one can upload us books for Mrcp Part 2

Get through ,

100 Diseases for the Mrcp: Part 2

Photos Etc ,

Please everybody Help others , Allah helps you
  45. Dr albarwari

Dr albarwari Guest

Dear OKO
    Alsalamualaikum
    Greetings and great reverence and homage to the Egyptian people hero who overthrew tyrants

Please if you can to ask whether I can do PACES in Egypt or no "I am from IRAQ"

Regarding books you mentioned I think do not waste your time with them as you said you will sit the exam in JULY so when you will finish studying pastest onexam sharma which are highly recommended by all candidates here who pass
    you should do 50 BOF daily with good and deep studying otherwise you will be late ,,,,,,so do you study 50 BOF daily os still hesitated what to read what book ,,,,,,,,,,do not looooooose time hurry up

the time just like a sword if you do not cut it,,it will cut you

SALAM
  46. Dr Hopeful

Dr Hopeful Guest

Dear Albarwari

50 BOF per day arent a bit less then your suggested required Speed earlier . I think you need to do more then that

regards
  47. Ashrafab

Ashrafab Guest

MRCP

I did only onexam. but u must have a base like essemtialrevesion KALRA :?: I Passed Al 7amdullellah
  48. Guest

Guest Guest

@asrafab score
  49. Kumar Mongar

Kumar Mongar Guest

Dear Dr Albawari,
    Thank you for your kind wish. i m sure you will pass the PACES easily. I m proud of u. I want your email for consultation & advice if you don't mind. My email is kumarmongar2011AThotmailDOTcom and I thank for all friends. I failed this time & need to sit again. Congratulation to all who pass the part 2.
  50. Dr Hopeful

Dr Hopeful Guest

Dr Kumar Mongar

Go for July exam , not NOV. I can be with you for it

regards