MRCP PART 2 WRITTEN NOVEMBER 2010

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by mint_girl., Nov 25, 2010.

1. ak29

ak29 Guest

Cardiff paces cost £900, gave me some confidence going into the exam! didnt attend a course for part 2 written and thats possibly why I failed the first time!
  2. Bradford

Bradford Guest

I failed again for the 2nd time , i need uregnt advise regarding the answers which we have on this form , i believe that i have more than 80% right as we all agree about the possible answers , and yet i badly failed with score of 332 any thoughts??
  3. Mubina

Mubina Guest

Thanks newguest my youngest is also 6 months but anyways where u work now i am seriously thinking to start work bc after my house job since 2001 i am doing nothing n passed part one at home but i think need work exp. For part 2.
    Plz help for my july attempt like recommended books n web site bc now i have enough time to work hard.
  4. drsaif

drsaif Guest

hi ak29
    I think part 2 was easy than part 1.

in part 1 i scored 721 and in part2 753.

and according to my view, online revision courses are the best.

no need to join any course in the class like masterclass courses etc.

dear ah29, plz tell me abt trainig bcoz i graduated just few years ago and
    i don't have much traing in hospital. can u plz tell abt the requirments of Paces.
  5. i didnt made it thru.........;(
    my first faliure so far in life.......not depressed but man faliure feels weird........as something is just killing u inside......;)
    anyways congrats to all who passed n all the luck for paces.........may u pass in it with flying colors too(insh)
    n for all those who didnt get thru.............join the club n get ready for next attempt with more preparation an focused approach
  6. Happy person

Happy person Guest

Passed

By Grace of GOD passed MRCP-2.
    Already done PACES
    So now full MRCP

Good luck to everyone
  7. Dr Ree

Dr Ree Guest

By the grace of God,I cleared the part 2 also in the first attempt.Am so so grateful to the Lord.
  8. Dear Bradford,

Even I am baffled as I got a paltry 618.
    I had expected to score around or more than 750
    as I had at least 200 correct of the 238 we discussed,
    and there was a 32 more which we don't remember.
    Only God knows what happened.
    However, I am relieved but don't feel really happy
    or elated.
    I have written to the RCP but as yet no response.
    Don't lose heart, my dear friend, start reading.
  9. dr gupta

dr gupta Guest

Oh God, I passed!!!!!!
    I can check mail only now.
    Merry Xmas & Happpy New Year all my forum friends.
  10. dr ashok

dr ashok Guest

Passed, Passed, Passed,
  11. oman

oman Guest

call for april 2011 part 2

12. Friends from India, what are your plans for PACES preparation?
    I know there are courses in Thiruvanathapuram and Chennai
    but are they worth the huge sums they ask for?
  13. Dr SMAg

Dr SMAg Guest

I passed.
    How about you my DSMA friends.
    Congratulations to those pass,
    Never give up if you fail.
    This is not the last opportunity.
  14. ak29

ak29 Guest

@drasif- I passed the part 2 written this time with online courses, and yes I agree the part 2 is better than part 1. The regulations for paces are on the website, it is 2 years pg training i presume?
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

anyone who will do PACES 1/2011 at chennai
  16. Bradford

Bradford Guest

Thanks Dr non picture , would you send my you Email pls, and congratulation on your Great success.
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

Info regarding PACES cuurses in India requested. Any course in Mumbai?
  18. MRCP 2

MRCP 2 Guest

DEAR BRADFORD

I SCORED 391 1ST ATTEMPT EXPECTED 70% CORRECT ANSWERS DURING DISCUSSION

OKAY HOW TO START REVISION

DR.NON PICTURE
    -NEED YOUR ADVICE

DR.SAIF
    --I STUDIED SHARMA-PASTEST ,ON EXAMINATION X 1 YR --STIFF FAILED --NEED YOUR ADVICE

THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED --JOIN NOW WE WILL START DISCUSSION
    FOR APRIL 2011

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PASSED BEST OF LUCK FOR PACES
  19. DR/MRCP

DR/MRCP Guest

thank god i passsssssssssssed
  20. newguest

newguest Guest

Mubina,I am surprised u stayed at home for so long...Iwould have gone crazy.I work in Saudi German hospital...but seeing that u had been out of clinical touch for so long,i honestly don't know what to advice u...if u start work now 2 - 3months will just slip away to become oriented to workplace...so I suggest,better complete your part 2 in July..read only Sharma,pastest and Onexamination...refer from OHCM,THATS IT ...but revise at least 2 times.If u think u can manage ,then go for a job...nothing beats clinical experience.
    dr nonpicture,congrats...i don't know my score yet as exam history is not showing details...anyway,I had applied for PACES for 2011/1 in OMAN but they told me i m in waiting list...I am also from India,I heard the EXCEL COURSE in Kerala is excellent,but i don't want to wait for so long....??
  21. drsaif

drsaif Guest

@ MRCP 2
    I don't believe that u have studied Sharma, pastest and onexam and u still failed.
    It means that u didn't study proper bcoz these are the best according to my view, I studied them myself.
    My advice is, put a target for any one thing, for instance, try to finished sharma book with in maxi 10 days, but do it again straightaway 2nd time and compell urself to finish it with in a 4 to 5 days. This will increase ur comprehension alot.
  22. Is the Excel course excellent? If it is, it is good news.
    I plan to give the PACES at end-2011, in Chennai.
    I will leave Kuwait in May.
    Most of the teachers at Thiruvanathapuram are MRCP
    examiners in Kuwait, I have heard.
    Best of luck, my dear friend and everyone else!
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
  23. novguest

novguest Guest

i have FAILED,,,,,,, :(

WHY I HAVE FAILED???

i was correct 80% of answers,

where did i gop wrong, i am thinking can we apply for re evaluation

did i mark the options from F-J

I DONT KNOW,

its hard to restudy the same thing again, am depressed now, no interest to study,now

i dont know what to do
  24. Guest

Guest Guest

if anybody open new thread for april 2011 plz inform us in this forum
  25. Dear Bradford, my e-mail is drapjohny@yahoo.co.uk. I'll help you guys in whatever way I can.
    MRCP 2, I now feel you must first read the Clinical Medicine journal
    articles well. They cover almost everything they ask.
    Sharma teaches the basics of essential facts.
    Onexamination is good but the questions asked in November 2010 were
    not at all like the onexamination or Pastest ones.
    I would like to know the answers to many apparently arbitrary questions
    but there is no way.
  26. dr nn

dr nn Guest

i failed 8) .....never give up this s my 3rd time :(
  27. novguest, take heart.
    Now you can't give up.
    You'll certinly do it next time.
    May God strengthen your spirits.
  28. dr simha

dr simha Guest

dear dr non pic, congratulations, thanks for your contributions and lively discussions.
  29. Bradford

Bradford Guest

Dear Non picture how can we access the Clinical Medicine journal ?
  30. Thanks everyone.
    This site does not allow posting web addresses.
    Search Clinical Medicine in Google and you'll get the
    link.
  31. newguest

newguest Guest

Novguest,I am sorry..I don't know what to say...if it helps,there is a saying ''failure is the stepping stone to success''....so pls don't lose heart, start afresh for the next exam...and catch up with us for the PACES. If u can, start preparation for PACES while u do the revision for the part 2.
  32. ak29

ak29 Guest

Dear Novguest, I had a similar feeling last time when I failed. But it is so difficult at times to know what is the correct ans for college, and also if we are talkign about the same Q. It is at times hard to remember what we answered as well! But all izz well- you will pass, I did- and have possibly taken the longest time than any of you to complete MRCP! But I have lived to tell the story. You'll be fine.
  33. hey guys whom failed i will now say my sources and what i did coz someone will ask the same Q i asked when i failed in july : I HAD ON EXAM. AND PASTEST AND SHARMA WHY I FAILED???

THE ANSWER: these 3 sources is good especially pastest and sharma if u solved onexam. dont go for it in the next attempt coz it is simple site in this attempt i go for pastest and revise it and for sure my scores in the site was high and sharma once again but take care of the Q explain more than the Q itself and there is great site in my opinion called medibyte it contain almost 800 Q u charge credits gives u 300 Q in it i solved masterclass but i didnt like it , i thought it will help coz it is from RCP but if u want it no problem THE GOLDEN TIP:SOLVE ANY Q FOR MRCP PART 2 IN THE WORLD
    books:philp karla usefull for sure
    OHCM READ IT MAKE NOTES
    ANY RADIOLOGY BOOK BUT MY ADVICE NO BOOK CONTAIN ALL PICS AND X RAYS AND CTS NEXT GOLDEN TIP :THE GOOGLE IMAGES .WRITE ANY CT U CONFUSED IN AND IT WILL GIVE ALL WHAT U WANT MAKE FOLDER IN UR PC AND SAVE PICS X RAYS AND CTS IN THAT FOLDER EVERY THING EVEN ECGS U CONFUSED IN EVERY THING (I MADE THE FOLDERS WHICH NOW CONTAIN OVER 400 PICS AND RAD PICS AND ECGS)
    150 PROBLEM SOLVING FOR ECG
    SELF ASSESSMENT PICTURE BOOK
    BOOK CALLED GUIDE FROM MRCP PART 2 I FOUND IN AMAZON
    AND BOOK WHICH I LIKED IT V MUCH AND I DOWNLOADED FROM NET CALLED CASE HISTORIES FOR MRCP PART 2 GREAT BOOK

DONT FORGET UR NOTESSSSS V.IMP U WILL READ IT B4 EXAM AND AFTER THE REST BETWEEN THE 2 PAPERS AND B4 THE 3RD PAPER DONT LEAVE SINGLE INFO WITHOUT WRITTEN IT , U CAN WRITE CASE U THINK IT IS DIFFICULT LIKE
    PT. WITH PNUMONIA AND STILL FEVER AFTER AB WHAT TO DO NEXT?????THINK

IT IS CT THORAX TO EXCLUDE ABCESS OR EMPYEMA,,,,,SEE it is like these in ur notes beside important info like D.D FOR FMF IT IS HYPER IGD PERIODIC FEVER $ ,TNF RECEPTOR ASSCOCIATED PERIODIC $ AND MUCKLE WELLS$ .....THAT IT IS

THATS HOW GUY NOT IN BIG HOSPITAL LIKE DR NON PIC AND GUY LIKE ME OR DR MUBINA CAN PASS coz guys dr like dr non pic whom are said coz he didnt got high scores it is normal coz he is a big dr and deal with patients and he is like consultant can pass with little effort in compare to GBs ..thats all

hope whom fail dont lose hope coz as i said in january 2010 after passing the euphoria of pass is great thats i swear god deserves that effort
  34. DONT FORGET PRAYING TO PASSS, I THINK THAT IS THE HIDDEN AND MOST IMP. 3RD GOLDEN TIP
  35. hi novguest
    i can understand ur feelings as i m having the same
    ;(((((((((((
    but its life.....predicting the unpredictable
    n @ dr asif i also studied sharma,onexam n pastest n yet i failed n i also revised everything twice n sharma 3 times,read n memorized key points from oxford handbook.........;(
    i m really in a pickle where to start again...........read the same old things again or add up anything else
    as in paper there was nothing except very few questions that felt familiar from the sites n books i read.........
    advices from everyone r welcome
    n should i go for april or for july???
  36. mariaawais go for july or april ???the same Q i asked to myself when i failed in july

i got 400 in july it is almost near so if u are near to pass mark GO APRIL SUREEEEE FAR FROM IT JULY SURE

STUDY SAME THING ? YES AND ADD NOT THING BUT MANY THINGS THE 1ST GOLDEN TIP SOLVE EVERY Q FOR MRCP 2 IN THE WORLD
  37. novguest

novguest Guest

some plz advice me what to read an how to start

dr moaly where can i get 150 ecg;s

i feel that am fatigued today, i dont know

its a big hurdle mrcp, when i will pass i dont know
  38. 150 ECgs PROBLEM by john hampton it is here in egypt 20 LE but if ur country dont have this books order it by amazon or anyone who will return from egypt can bring it to u , i think as u said u are from saudi so u sure know many drs from egypt

i worked in riyadh and have part 1 there but now i am in egypt
  39. Dr. ABG, I'm not sad.
    I got 751 in Part 1
    and expected a similar or even better score now
    but got 618. Not bad, eh?
  40. The guys who got 750 and more wern't discussing with us
    and so we don't know their answers.
    It'd be instructive and helpfulif they posted their answers.
    Please...............
  41. drsaif

drsaif Guest

@mariaawais
    u shd go for april.... dont wait for july one. coz u need little bit more preparation.
    I think, u shd find out ur weak subjects after recieving ur detail report from RCP, and try to cover ur weak point.
    That,s what i can advice u.
  42. drsaif

drsaif Guest

score over 750. I can not memorize my Qs now.
    but in the initials days after exam I checked my ans here on this website and it was quite different from many people, and i shared some of my question here also on 2nd day after exam but I left this site coz of not matching the questions and every one was giving proper explanation for their ans.
  43. mrcp guy

mrcp guy Guest

Passed thank God
    Congrts to everyone who made it and for those who didnt i am sure if they keep trying they will be successful.dont lose heart.
    All of us r in the same boat.some pass early some later....
    bEST Wishes for everyone
  44. better score in part 2 than part 1 how ??? and why rcp give pass score in part 1, 521 and part 2, 425

drsaif from where are u from ??
  45. the mrcp site not working now !! is there some guys hacked the site to change there scores :shock:
  46. drsaif

drsaif Guest

from Peshawar, pakistan but working in Birmingham, UK
  47. MRCP 2

MRCP 2 Guest

THANKS NON PICTURE AND SR.SAIF FOR YOUR ADVICE

DR.NON PICTURE HOW TO GET ACESS TO CLINICAL MEDICINE--I WENT THROUGH GOOGLE SEARCH IT IS NOT CONNECTING

DR.ABG THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE
  48. Just type "Clinical Medicine" in Google and click on the first result. It's something like ingentaconnect.
  49. novguest

novguest Guest

many many congrats to all who passed, esp, non pic and new guest
    may allah help u in all ur ways

new guest what were ur source of study material did u do churchill living stone books by HLC BEYNON ALSO

KIND GIVE UR VALUABLE SUGGESTIONS

THANK U ALL AND CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN