MRCP PART 2 WRITTEN NOVEMBER 2010

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by mint_girl., Nov 25, 2010.

1. novguest

novguest Guest

mariawaas

what ur plan now
  2. still going over it...........will hav to discuss it with some frinds...........but i wana go for july but all who r close to me r pushing to take april diet
    ...............still thinking
    mentally not in gud position to make a decision rt now
    wat abt u?
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

now I have to wait till they fix their servers
    ridiculous

any idea how long this will take?
    1.5 hrs so far
  4. dr zivago

dr zivago Guest

i passed

i passed my score is 526
  5. RNA

RNA Guest

failed....failed again.....may b i m not having the required knowledge...
    i want to restart....but from where...dont know.... :? :?
  6. RNA

RNA Guest

SORRY...CONGRATS TO ALL...SPECIALLY...DR MRCP...NON PICTURE....AND SYMPATHIES TO ALL WHO FAILED...
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

anybody can open the mrcp site?
    I'll give my rcp # and he/she can check for me if I passed
    thx
  8. loser

loser Guest

anybody can open the mrcp site?
    I'll give my rcp # and he/she can check for me if I passed
    thx
  9. VSD

VSD Guest

a little depressed....not that much....alaf mabrooooooook who passed....me failed..this time...yes this TIME ONLY....next time inshaALLAH i will b successful.....pl.....dr saif..dr abg...dr ciro...dr non picture...guide us..give us useful tips...thanx
    my sis ..mint girl..where r u
  10. new guest

new guest Guest

dr ameerkamal. havent heard from u yet? good news?
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

is the RCP website back online?

is the RCP website working?
  12. newdrmrcp

newdrmrcp Guest

newguest

give your advice
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

I had been following up this forum closely everyday,and was very tensed with all the discussion that was taking place.But am so happy that I could get through.
    Am sad for those who could not make it this time,but my sincere advise is not to get disheartened .This is not the end of the world.There's always another time.
    Also would suggest that you take next exam as soon as possible,with more detailed reading.
    I studied from
    :-Sanjay Sharma ( read thoroughly 3 times)
    :pastest online course (again 3 thorough readings)
    :- onexamination online (one reading)
    Always keeping OHCM and BNF as reference.
    Make notes of important topics as you do the online courses.And go through them from time to time.
    Wish you happiness and luck.
    Congratulations to all those who passed.
    Anyone starting a new post for the PACES forum?
  14. Dr Ree

Dr Ree Guest

That was me as guest user just above.

Checked the MRCP site -no,it isn't working.
  15. MRCP_Uk

MRCP_Uk Guest

hello there
    congrats to everybody that passed esp dr non picture ,novguest, drABG, DrCairo, DrEgypt ,DrSaif
    for those who didnt pass only GOD knows why he didnt let u pass this time , he has mysterious ways ...only if u trust god u are SURE that he wont let u down , if u really work hard , u will pass Inshalllah just put that in your mind ...just say Alhamdullah (not from your tongue but really really from your heart ) & start preparing for the next exam & i will tell you how
    my advice regarding preparing for Part2
    1-phillip karla have all what you need to pass however it is poorly organized & you actually cant come up with answer from it unless you know that they will ask you particularly on that point however there is excellent source & it is completely free which is DRALRAZI notes (found on this forum , just search for them)in all subjects , it has almost every thing you need to pass ,it really added to my scores in part1 & part2 , i just read them & added extra points to karla ,i did so also for the answers i learned from PASSMEDICINE while i was studying for part1
    2-BOF: i find pastest is the best ,however one time is never enough you need 2 preferly 3 times at least ,you must focus on your weak points by using question filter & choosing to solve questions you got wrong , you can even focus your reading on that particular subject you always got wrong ,omit all N from many questions they are waste of time.
    3-another important point:be systematic in your preparation.ie NEVER leave one subject or topic uncovered you must give time to subject based on how many marks in the exam not based on your personal preference even if u hate that subject
    3-learn how to read quickly---read demographic date --last line(what they want)--investigation (because they cant screw much about these they can give u many crabby information in history that make you head turn around but they cant do so very much with investigations)--then the rest of the case.another important point is to never change your mind , first impression is almost always the right one , i have changed my mind couple of times * i almost always i got it wrong
    4-how some people solved all questions available & still failed ?
    the key to solving BOF is not knowing the correct answer BUT knowing how they reach it .for every question there is ALGORITH that they pass through for example a pt come with hypertension & hypokalemia---->plasma renin & aldo--->aldo inc ---con, both inc mostly renovascular ,both dec --->CAH & liddel,Liquorice.you can answer 200 hypertension & hypokalemia without being able to get them right on the exam if you dont know the algorithm , for every question you see u must ask yourself what is the algorithm ,write it down & try to confirm it using whatever source you have a very good source is UpToDate (use google & you will find the download links ;).unless you find the algorithm for every question you solve consider you didnt solve it ,why those sweet guys in ONEXAM & similar sites not giving us those algorithms directly so we never miss it again ???they really dont want you how to catch a fish so they can still sell us their fish (from my experience the only web site teaching algorithms is passmedicine thats why it is soooooo good).so bottom line for every BOF you solve ask youself what is the algorith they are using

i am ready for any question
    best regards
  16. loser

loser Guest

is there anyway to check the result other than the website?
    telephon system maybe?
    :(
  17. Dr Ree

Dr Ree Guest

mint girl,where r u?
  18. April_2011

April_2011 Guest

Thanks MRCP_uk for your invaluable advices.

Regarding the algorithms, I was looking for these since long, and luckily you just confirmed my approach towards preparation for mrcp part 2 this way, so do you recommend anyother book/website to get such logical approaches (algorithms) apart from passmedicine ?

Thanks.
  19. loser

loser Guest

anybody still waiting to know his/her result besides me :cry:
  20. ameerkamal

ameerkamal Guest

dear novoguest i failed also,the same for me i am sure i did well and i have the clinical experince i realy i donot know why.
  21. dr loser i hope u will be changed to dr successfull :) ,,,wait one hour untill they open the office and hope to fix the website problem if didnt fix call them ...but sure website will not stay like these so long coz the christmas is tomorrow

Happy new year
  22. Dear friends,

I advise you not to take the answers on the discussion forum
    too seriously as I now know at least 38% of my answers were
    wrong or not the preferred ones! I committed plenty of silly
    mistakes in the hurry to finish answering and sometimes even
    didn't see the choices properly (food diary, IgE immunomodulator
    etc.) Reflexes don't always help but you need to develop TRAINED
    rather than unbridled innate reflexes in this exam. Take the
    advice of DR MRCP (above) and drsaif if he will adise (he's really
    good as can be made out from his score).
  23. I meant MRCP_uK, sorry.
  24. dr non pic can i ask how old are u ? sorry if it is personal Q
  25. 45! No probs, I won't get even a day younger if I hide! But why?!
  26. MRCP_UK

MRCP_UK Guest

the ultimate source for almost all you need for any exam is UpToDate it has almost everything however you cant read the whole uptodate BUT you can see summary figures (for example hypertension & hypokalemia case i mentioned & the one was in the exam if you remember can be answered very easily using alogrithm mentioned in uptodate),another great feature of uptodate that it mentions summary of recomendation section that has it all in just few lines .another great source is OHCM but it is very difficult & you cant use it as source for studying (because you cant revise what you havent studied already ) but if you most of information in it you can use it as very efficent revision tool
  27. MRCP_UK

MRCP_UK Guest

dear friends i want to bring up an issue
    do u think we are all wrong by taking the RCP exams ?
    i am seriously considering USMLE exams because i think the usmle is more fair , you study harder , you get the scores & mostly you will find a residency in decent place then BOOM 3 years & you have ABIM which is much more recognized than MRCP (the ABIM can allow you to work in almost every place on earth from Canada ,Australia,NZ,all the Gulf countries,& back in the US) however after finishing the MRCP all what you can hope (unless you r a British or EEA citizen ) is to get some locums as a house officer or at best a registrar , with no real hope to get a training post or upgrade your education to become consultant.
    & the MRCP PACES is very difficult exam to pass (esp in Egypt you have to take expensive courses many times with no guarantee to pass as the egyptian examiners tend to fail candidates not to help them show what they know as the RCP site says),so the cumilitive cost of the MRCP will be higher than that of USMEL
    guys tell me what do you think because i am really confused
  28. guest008

guest008 Guest

pple those who have passed plz stop telling repteadly those who didnt,pass dont fell, if u pple wud have been in our place then u wud have unerstood our agony

it was in ur fate to pass and allah wanted u to pass,and ur time has come for u to pass

those who have failed were never less than u and thy also have read the same what u pple did.
    its their fate that didnt work out in the exam hall

instead give the tips and advice if u can and stop condolenscing and open seperate thread for ur paces discussions
  29. MRCP_UK, you are damned right! If you are under 35, USMLE is the way to go. MRCP (UK) is no longer worth the trouble, nor does it make you a better doctor. Even the Gulf countries value it as much as they used to any longer. As for me, I was getting rustic and so just wanted to feel a bit better. MRCP (UK) will just increase the length of my tail (degrees, I mean) but won't in anyway affect my career prospects or life. Call it wastage, if you will.
  30. Dr Aus

Dr Aus Guest

Website is up and working

Hello,

wesbite is up and working.

thank god, i made it through..it was a very tough exams.

I read Sharma, Pastest and One Examination repeatedly and went thru key mneumonics just before the exam...

good luck to those who are attempting the exam soon.
  31. the joker

the joker Guest

passed
    what this number in terms of percentage?
    i also want to ask about what people think of success in paces
    i heard that this is the best
  32. i am with u althought i passed guest 008..i dont know why these people not happy and thanks god for his gift?!!!!!!!

dr mrcp uk if u are in egypt give me ur email to contact me and plz u crossed 2/3 of the way no turning back and from what i know that u can register in AUST. and uk and ireland and i heard canada too and ur salary will be to the sky in gulf countries

i asked about ur age dr non pic to know ur experience coz from ur explaination in the answers of the Q u admired me i am 27 years cardiologist in my 1st residency year coz i waste time in riyadh b4 return to egypt
  33. MRCP_UK

MRCP_UK Guest

dr abg /dr moaly
    obisht at hotmail
    if you can pass the PACES you can get the full registeration with GMC however the jobs available are mostly A&E jobs & locums you cant get a training post in UK however your slalary wont be that sky high as you say with the MRCP alone without western experience i am sure of that
    & even with your Egyptian passport you can get treated like shit from our arab brothers (according to what i know) , other people who already there may confirm/deny
  34. guest121

guest121 Guest

to MRCP_UK

WHERE R U FROM, AND WHAT R U WORKING AS

SAY 100000 TIMES THANKS TO ALLAH

THAT U HAVE CLEARED 2/3 OF MRCP

LOOK TO THE OTHER PPLE WHO ARE IN PAIN ANS STILL STRUGGLING\\

DONT BE MAGROOR U HAVE ONE MORE STEP TO CLEAR\\

STAY THANKS TO ALLAH

AND AM FROM KSA

NO BODY IS CALLING ANY BODY SHIT

EVEN THOUGH AM NOT EGYPTIAN
  35. MRCP_UK

MRCP_UK Guest

1000000000000000000000 thanks to allah for his blessings that are uncountable

i am not comfortable to revealing personal information on public web site thank you
  36. drsaif

drsaif Guest

every one thinking about sky high salaries.

No one mentioned that Passing MRCP will help me to treat human beings in a better way.
  37. Dr.Cairo

Dr.Cairo Guest

you're right dr.saif
    I want to contact with you & with dr_mrcp & dr_ABG

my mail
    Pass2written at gmail dot com
  38. thanks god so much with his bless only i passed
    realy thanks to you my great god
    thanks to the girl who suffered so much of that
    thanks to my sister who give alot
    rhanks to my mom who pray and fasting alot
    thanks to all who push me forward
    and also all who try to pushing me back cos without them i never persist

thanks god all my life never enough to thanks you
  39. SilverfoX

SilverfoX Guest

Well said Dr Saif.
    Yes, MRCP might get you a good training position/ better pay etc etc
    But remember the ultimate goal is to save lives and treat the sick. Ask yourself why did you do medicine in the first place?
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

I like Dr mrcp uk suggestions so I post it again,

1-phillip karla have all what you need to pass however it is poorly organized & you actually cant come up with answer from it unless you know that they will ask you particularly on that point however there is excellent source & it is completely free which is DRALRAZI notes (found on this forum , just search for them)in all subjects , it has almost every thing you need to pass ,it really added to my scores in part1 & part2 , i just read them & added extra points to karla ,i did so also for the answers i learned from PASSMEDICINE while i was studying for part1
    2-BOF: i find pastest is the best ,however one time is never enough you need 2 preferly 3 times at least ,you must focus on your weak points by using question filter & choosing to solve questions you got wrong , you can even focus your reading on that particular subject you always got wrong ,omit all N from many questions they are waste of time.
    3-another important point:be systematic in your preparation.ie NEVER leave one subject or topic uncovered you must give time to subject based on how many marks in the exam not based on your personal preference even if u hate that subject
    3-learn how to read quickly---read demographic date --last line(what they want)--investigation (because they cant screw much about these they can give u many crabby information in history that make you head turn around but they cant do so very much with investigations)--then the rest of the case.another important point is to never change your mind , first impression is almost always the right one , i have changed my mind couple of times * i almost always i got it wrong
    4-how some people solved all questions available & still failed ?
    the key to solving BOF is not knowing the correct answer BUT knowing how they reach it .for every question there is ALGORITH that they pass through for example a pt come with hypertension & hypokalemia---->plasma renin & aldo--->aldo inc ---con, both inc mostly renovascular ,both dec --->CAH & liddel,Liquorice.you can answer 200 hypertension & hypokalemia without being able to get them right on the exam if you dont know the algorithm , for every question you see u must ask yourself what is the algorithm ,write it down & try to confirm it using whatever source you have a very good source is UpToDate (use google & you will find the download links .unless you find the algorithm for every question you solve consider you didnt solve it ,why those sweet guys in ONEXAM & similar sites not giving us those algorithms directly so we never miss it again ???they really dont want you how to catch a fish so they can still sell us their fish (from my experience the only web site teaching algorithms is passmedicine thats why it is soooooo good).so bottom line for every BOF you solve ask youself what is the algorith they are using
  41. Guest

Guest Guest

dear dr MRCP_UK

ALF MABROOOOOK AGAIN

i am very proud of u

i asked u before about best sources and duration needed to pass
    i have 3 more QS
    1- you mentioned sources but what about duration i have only three months and i work in larg hospital is it enough

2- some people here inform us that pastest site full of wrong answer is it true i only syudy one third pastest and found it very good but complete on exam and finally got 420

3- can i get ur e mail i am egyptian
    thank u
  42. guest 2412

guest 2412 Guest

i didn't make it , 420 can you believe, so so close
    what do you think about asking them to recorrect my pappers gain manually?
    depressed,upset, can't beleive, it is the first time i failed.
  43. Average Joe

Average Joe Guest

Guest 2412,

Tough luck mate, so close, you almost cross the line. No point getting a remark, its a waste of money and time. My advice would be to start preparing now and sit for the next exam in 2011.

Blessed christmas everyone.
  44. Depressed

Depressed Guest

Congrats to all who passed..i am confused coz i studied from sharma n pastest n felt i was prepared well.. but got a BAD score..330..its my first attempt but still if it was a "good fail" maybe i would've felt a little better..now am totally lost n want ur urgent advice whether to go for april diet or wait till july or maybe just quit the whole MRCP issue n go for USMlE like one of the guts above mentioned!
  45. Depressed

Depressed Guest

Sorry i meant one of the guys above!!
  46. MRCP_UK

MRCP_UK Guest

dear guest : you can study for 3 months & still pass if you concentrated but you should pace yourself correctly by dividing the number of BOF/days remaining it should be around 50-60 BOF /day & you should leave one month for final revision & 2-3 days for skimming karla if you got good scores for part1 & you dedicated 4-5 h days to studying inshallah you will pass.regarding wrong answers i found 4-5 questions that there was no convincing answer for them , i emailed pastest about them & they replied with answers that are even doesnt make sense , they defend their point of view very badly despite having no evidence , one email from question writer replied that it was an actual case he saw !!.i think 5-6 questions will not make a difference in your preparation

drSaif & Drsilverfox : i am sorry if you thought it is about money ,we are human beings before we are physicians ,the ultimate goal is saving the human life for the sake of allaah & i feel it the most as i am originally an intensivist nothing is like waving goodbye to a patient who was arrested & was successfuly resuscitated however when you work in 3rd world countery like me you will find that about 70-80% of physicians dont stick to EBM or whatever & there is no way to treat patients better unless you have higher training (not just the diploma because some people take the diploma without leaving their seat in front of their PC)

any body from Egypt feel free to contact me obisht at hotmail
  47. Dr Ree

Dr Ree Guest

Dear dr non-picture,were you anytime in Bhopal?
  48. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Dear MRCP_Uk, Dr non-picture, dr ABG, drsaif and others
    Congradulations for the great success, hope all success in your life and hope success for those who did not
    I had passed part 1 sep tember 2010 "alhamdulillah" with a score 800,,,,I do not know whether I have enough time for April,,,,Pastest, OnExam, Sanjay as you mentioned would be covered in this remaining time
    Dr non-picture I went through "clincal medicine" journal by RCP but what articles you are suggesting please if you do not mind to clarify
    Best regards
  49. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Dear all 150 ECG problems is free on this link "pdf format"

go to google then write "150 ecg problems pdf 4shared" then click on the first result
    I tried too much to write the link but as you know not allowed by the forum
  50. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

One colleaque suggest this book "Case Histories for the MRCP, 2nd edition" it is also free on this link "pdf format"

go to google then write "Case Histories for the MRCP, 2nd edition download" then click on this result "Case Histories for the MRCP, 2nd edition - Gigabook -Free Book " when the page opened chose megaupload from the Download Links at buttom of the page