MRCP2 july 2009 recall questions

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by Guest, Jul 30, 2009.

1. duckgirl

duckgirl Guest

re CT of sickle cell pt - ethmoid sinsuses looked hypertrophied. Given the history i chose ethmoid bone infaction. yes sinusitis can give u pain around the eye and on palpation but does it give pain during eye movement and periorbital skin involvement?? which is what the question said i think...

re pt with macular rash, thrombocytopenia, fever + who had taken antimalarials - was this HIV?? i guess it could have been dengue but there was no mention of headache, retro orb eye pain, myalgias etc.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

still i remmber some slide but the diagnosis is vague:
    1-slide for both leg and knee with question about there abnormality which seem to be on the skin.
    2-slide showed supraclavicular area with lymphnode enlargment :
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

another questions
    1-lactose defecinsy for patient with diarreah and bloating aafter gastroenetritis.
    2-aquestion on ulnar and medial pulsy
    3-abdomen ct slide for possible polycystic kidney
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

1-a case of fever with paratyphi infection
    2- Takayasu's disease
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi...
    Can anyone remember the ques of one pregnant woman with HTN

The drug to chose for HTN....a)Methyldopa...b)Lebetolol...

I couldnt remember the scenario/...i chosed labetolol...

pls tell about the scenario if u can recall and the appropiate answer...

thanx
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

wt do u think the score for this tricky exam????????????/
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmm...this was a very tricky exam but this exam is always tricky.

This exam was exceptionally very tough...

I think the pass score should be around 52%....

thats just a guess....
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

that pregnant lady with hypertension proteinuria and derange LFTs had pre-eclemsia and the treatment was iv magnesium other wise she would have fits soon.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

I AM STILL VERY DEPRESSED SINCE THE DAY OF THE EXAM???????? REALLY IT'S A NIGHT MARE!!! I DO'T KNOW HOW TO TACKLE THIS? PLZ PRAY FOR ME TO PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :cry:
  10. GUEST 33

GUEST 33 Guest

I AM STILL VERY DEPRESSED SINCE THE DAY OF THE EXAM???????? REALLY IT'S A NIGHT MARE!!! I DO'T KNOW HOW TO TACKLE THIS? PLZ PRAY FOR ME TO PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :cry:
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

another questions
    1-complete heart block in acute inferior mi patient hemodynamic stable the anaswer is close observation ?
    2-post strep IgA nephropathy
    3-cva due to paradoxical emboli
    4-upper lobe pnemonia caused by klebsiella
    5-downbeating nystagmus in patient .i think the lesion around foramen magnum
    6-one slide showed papilloedema
    7-patient with prostate cancer receiveing two drug for it . one of them is hormonal and i think cause the side effect which mension on the question?
  12. guest Dr A

guest Dr A Guest

wat was the gestational age of that lady ?

A - Magnesium sulphate should be considered for seizure prevention in women with pre-eclampsia for whom there is concern about the risk of eclampsia. This is usually in the context of severe pre-eclampsia once a delivery decision has been made and in the immediate postpartum period. In women with less severe disease the decision is less clear and will depend on individual case assessmen
    labetelol is also correct managment ... but i think Mg is more appropriate ..keeping in veiw that her bp was 200/110 n she has proteinuria n liver functions derranged ,,

wat was the gestational age ??
  13. guest Dr A

guest Dr A Guest

as i recall ...that ques didnt have stable pateint ,,,,
    pt with complete heart block ....dt inferior MI
    wat u guys say ?
  14. Salboy

Salboy Guest

The lady was 36 weeks pregnant and the BP was 165/115
    IV Mg is the answer other wise she will start to Fits
  15. Salboy

Salboy Guest

Dr Manoj
    I passed my part 1 in June 2009
    I recalled 186 questions at that time
    On this forum you are a well known person for the memory
    So I am waiting for your list once you upload I can help you in making it better ;)
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

blood++++ in urine one week after sorethroat--- answer was IgA GN

not post streptococcal as this types typically occurs app 2 weeks after infection, also blood in urine to this degree is usaually IgA
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

I THINK IT WAS RECURRENT MCGN NOT IgA N!!!
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes
    if I remeber correctly

the question concerning patient with PMHx of ?membranoues nephropathy mention proteinuira (the question did not mention blood in urine - microscopic nor macroscopic) one week after pharynigits
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

ya because it was a differnet question
  20. dr..manoj

dr..manoj Guest

sorry guys i have forgotten all the questions
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi...who is this dr..manoj.
    :D
    Anyway...thanx for makin fun of me...really i am now a man of fun...

I will try to provide ques today....

actually...i lost my interest as i did really bad in this exam...

anyway...i will give the ques today if that can do any help of u people...

Dear Salboy...thanx....i think u will help me to upgrade the ques...as i couldnt memorize the complete scenario....

take care
  22. Doctor Who

Doctor Who Guest

Your inout is very much appreciated Dr Manoj.

I'm also feeling very downhearted about the exam - this is the torment we all go through afterwards, getting mixed up with qs and As. All we can do now is hope and pray - keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

a patient with ischemic stroke presented 2 hore after the onset ct showed no bleed--- treatment :to thombolyse
  24. Guest

Guest Guest

hello I m new to aippg nd infact new to rcp as I gave part 2 after xemption !can any1 tel me wutz d usual pass percentage of MRCP 2 nd wut z d xpected percentile or wutsoever of dis xam ? u all seem really apt at it ! nd infact its such a helpful site serving both purposes ! I mean both pre and post xam trauma :) ! gud luck 2 us all ! please answer my querry : wat cud b d xpected score dis time ?
  25. Geust 211

Geust 211 Guest

Dear Dr. Manoj,,
    our nerves are burning waiting for your questions,, Hurrrrrry up man ...!!!!
  26. Guest

Guest Guest

dear guest

27. Doctor Who

Doctor Who Guest

Guest - judging by past scores, the pass mark is usually 52-56% but may be higher this time.

Guest 211 - there's no need to be rude! Dr manoj's memory and questions are a gift to us all and he has every right to take his time after suffering such a traumatic exam.
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

HI EVERYONE WHAT HAPPEN WHY IS THE RATE OF DISSCUSION VERY SLOWLY PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ COMMENT ABOUT ANY QUEST OR STILL DEPRESSED javascript:emoticon(':?:')

more questions
    1-patient with cocaine poising with tachycardia and hypertension treatment with ca channel blocker.
    2POLY GLANDULAR DISEASES
    3-one question eaton lambert syndorme.
    4-another question mention CREUTZFELDT- JAKOP DISEASE
    5-SIADH: treatment 5% hypertonic saline ....restriction of fluid , i think it will be hypertonic saline as the Na levelis 105 and the patient is symptomatic.
    6-skin rash i think its describing bullous pemphigoid.
    7-question on amoebic liver abscess.
    8PT CAME FROM THIALAND fever ...HIV converstion.
    9-picture for esophagus .. achalasia.
    10-tertiary hyperparathyroidism ...treatment parathyroidectomy.?
    11-CXR for mitral stenosis.
    12- Cyclosporin toxicity in post renal transplant
    13- Hyponatraemia- psychogenic polidipsia .
    14-non vibrio cholera entritis ....ciprodar ?
    15- CT-PERIVENTRICULAR CHANGES-LEUKOENCEPHALOPATHY .
    16-patient with lymphadenopathy aspiration lymphnode not informative next step..lymph node excition.
    17-asymptomaic jaundice ....Gilbert.
    18-pneumothorax <10% discharge and follow him up.
    19- ERCP demonstrating Ca head of pancreas .
    20- cranial Diabetes insipidus
    21-lung fibrosis:bleomycin .
    22-paroxysomal AF
    23-whitish vaginal discharge with valvur erythema and excoriation
    24-pain of malgnancy Continous release morphine---or Oxycodone .
    25-cyctic fibrosis patient want to got children advice sterility
    26-hepatitis treat with interferone
    27-Prolactinoma: always medical treatment first: cabergoline .
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

patient with positve SLR I think it was L4/L5 disc prolapse
    one case with hypogonadism,gynaecomastia nd abn LFts was due to liver involvement
    one case with greenish discharge was pseudomonas aeruginosa
    one case was necrotizing fasciitis
    the 2nd question of paper A was bronchiectasis
    there was also a case o hypopituitarism
    One CT scan was adult polycystic kidney disease
    one slide was amiodorone (drug) induced hypersensitivity(I initially confused it wid erysipelas) though !
    one slide was barrets oesophagus
    in context of history nd double lumen on CT scan I marked dissection of aorta
    one slide was palmo plantar pustulosis
    there was a case of olanzapine induced DM
    fludrocortisone for postural hypotension related autonomic neuropathy
    ciprofloxacin for s.paratyphi
    ciprofloxacin for v.cholera
    I wrote slow release for multiple myeloma pain
  30. Guest

Guest Guest

herpes virus as a cause of erythema multiforme(erythema with central blistering)
    metformin toxicity in a patient on metformin shwing metabolic acidosis with resp compensation
    I think the patient with infarct time lapse was not precise so it was aspirin
    dengue fever with symptomatic treatment
    patient with hemiparesis nd fever had cerebral abscess
    co trimoxazole as prophylaxis in HIV
    steroid for local application in psoriasis
    methotrexate orally for psoriasis
    recurrent PMR add Azathioprine to steroids
    oral fluconazole or clotrimazole for vaginal candidiasis????????plz tel
    was it a slide of toxoplasmosis in paper 1 nd d treatment was pyrimethamine nd sulphadiazine
    there was a slide of meningioma
    there was a slide of glioma?????????????????????????????????????
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

yes i thought that it was also drug induced hypersentivitey rash ...but it was a difficult slide..somebody with a gud experiance in derma can tell better may be !

Yes one pt had Ct of meningioma
    n other i thought was glioma .. but i cant recall the stem of the question.

pt with type 2 DM,was on metformin has creatinine 130..wat to do ? add sulfonyluria or stop metformin or add rosigliatazone.LFT were also abnormal...wat u people suggest ? please explain in detail to support ur answer !
  32. dr-Osler

dr-Osler Guest

Hi guys, how r u after this tough experience?!!!
    I passed my part 1 in Jan 2009, then I had to finish my master degree in cardiology in may, so my prep was only 2 months, which is too short for such an exam, anyway I wish Good luck for everyone.
    Lets start with cardiology questions

1. Acute chest pain with ST raising after one day of LAD stenting……Acute stent thrombosis
    2. Patient devoloped dyspnea after recurrent chest pain with raised JVP and bilateral fine basal crepitation, ECG showing pathological Q with residual ST raising in V1-V5… Ant MI.
    3. ECG showing mobitz type 1 AV block
    4. in the next question, What to do ……… monitoring
    5. One picture of pericardial effusion on CT .
    6. Patient 24 hrs post pacemaker insertion. Collapsed with fever, hypotension raised JVP dullness on left side of chest, surgical wound clean.
    Choices: cardiac tamponade, pulmonary embolism, Septic shock??
    7. 1st question of the first paper where Cath findings were given ..which data will support pericardial effusion… the one with equal PCWP with LVEDP
    8. Pt arrested while sports with ECG showing VF, most likely…HCM
    9. Mechanism of arrhythmia in ECG showing WPW … AVRT
    10. Young 25 year old patient in AF with WPWat a rate of 150, which drug to give …Flecanide (ECG revealed wide QRS tachycardia with irregular rate)
    11. 52 years old Patient with SOB with CXR sowing enlarged RT atrium, ECG showing RBBB, most likely… secondum ASD, DCM
    12. IE patient deteriorated after 1 week with ECG showing prolonged PR interval …. aortic root abcess
    13.80 years old Patient in AF on ECG TTE shows mitral calcification, what investigation do next … TEE
    14. CT with Coarctation of Aorta
    15. what will you see in IE…low C3
    16. 70 years old man with HTN and 2 attacks of AF, was on aspirin and warfarin developed gastric ulceration in endoscopy, echo showed marked dilatation of LVEDD and LVESD, how to manage… warfarin
    17. ECG showing bifascicular block
    18. TIA with history of air flight, what is the casue…. paradoxical emboli
    19. dual chamber pace maker with normal working .
    20. 70 years old man developed dyspnea with past history of chemothapy and radiotherapy for lung caner, what is cause of dyspnes….. Ischaeimc induced cardiomyopathy ….as there was definite segmental wall motoion abnormality( akientic IVS extending to the apex).
    21. Peripartum cardiomypopathy
    22. Old female patient found collapsed with temperature 35, bradycardia and hyperacute T wave in ECG, What to give… Ca gluconate
    23- MVP associated with arrhythmia . ttt : Bisoprolol.
    24- CXR for mitral stenosis

Waiting for discussion... :)
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

what was that slide ...a black boy with small haemorrhagic lesions on face ??
    it didnt look like eczema herpetiformis ...there were no vesicles ...just small haemorrhagic lesions ?
    wat u guys say abt this one?
  34. Guest

Guest Guest

cant recall tis question! wut wer other options?thnx fr supporting d answers ! a bit relieved!
    der was another question wid pancreatic CA
    der was this q of simvastatin induced rhabdomyolysis
    another question of drud induced cholestasis
  35. Guest

Guest Guest

three other mcqz wer
    haemolytic uraemic syndrome
    vasulitis with hep c was cryoglobulinaemia
    vasculitis with hep B was polyarteritis nodosa
  36. Guest

Guest Guest

i think in young patient with VF goes more in the favour of arrythmognic rvcmp
  37. Guest

Guest Guest

R u talking about young boy with angioedema nd hhgic lesion ! don kno bt I think it was angioedema ! please discuss
  38. Guest

Guest Guest

The Guy in the Question of Sudden cardiac death was 25 years old and playing sport, then arrested.

"Sudden cardiac death in young athletes has many causes, but the most common is undetected hypertrophic cardiomyopathy." (The Merk manual)

There is no notes pointing to ARVD at all. So, the Right answer is HOCM.
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

yes i think it was HOCM ...as the pt was in VF n more common cause of sudden death is HOCM

r u sure they were hyperacute T waves in that ECG ...in the man with low temperature...
    cant recall wat i wrote in response to this answer :(

u knw the ques in pt with Hep B he also had asthma n eosinophillia n RFt were also derranged ... cant recall the whole stem but it was a difficult ques !! any body remmeber the full ques ?
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

Pt with breast cancer,recently on chemo, neutrophil 0.3, fever +, Tx is ceftazidime + telcoplanin

I would like to know the 26 man with diarrhoea, stool cultured Salmonella, is it typhi, pratyyphi nor non-typhoidal species?
  41. Guest

Guest Guest

Re dr ahmed: I think its palmo plantar pustulosis of psoariosis for that demat Q
  42. Guest

Guest Guest

the patient wid astma,eosinophilia nd distrb RFTs the answer was churg strauss
  43. Guest

Guest Guest

in a patient with wegners recurrence of renal failure!wat was the answer?
  44. GUEST 33

GUEST 33 Guest

for the young man arrested during football match his ecg showed vf with st elevation in v1 and v2???????????? Brugada syndrome, HOCM
  45. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Guest 33;
    If The ECG shows VF, u can never detect ST raising in any lead.
    ECGlibrary definition of VF:-

bizarre, irregular, random waveform
    no clearly identifiable QRS complexes or P waves
    wandering baseline.
  46. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear all , discussion this time is very poor & deficient with some sort of confusion , no one say his answer with strong evidence , just follow his answere with the word i think , i think this time a few candidate will pass this exam , let us prepare for december
  47. Guest

Guest Guest

Well that's optimistic.
  48. Guest

Guest Guest

The pass mark is low for this exam. I didn't finsh the paper in April and only failed in april by 0.5%. You can't judge how you do with this exam - don't get too depressed people. Have a beer
  49. guest4

guest4 Guest

cardio

hi dr osler you should not miss any cardio questions as you are doing cardio masters.........
  50. Guest

Guest Guest

oung homosexual with hx of giardia infection presenting with respiratory symptoms. Transbronchial lung biopsy shows non-caesating granulomas.
    asnwers available: HIV, sarcoidosis, chronic variable immunodeficiency, congenital hypogammaglobulinemia,

this question was posted by malaysian doctor
    what do you think the answer is
    sarcoidosis causes non -caseating granuloma but common varaible immundeficiency also causes a sarcoidosis like syndrome with non-caseating grauloma in association with skin lesions

did the scenario mention skin lesions ?