MRCP2 july 2009 recall questions

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by Guest, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Geust 211

Geust 211 Guest

I did not make it, just for 1.9% !!!,, anyway, let us all look forward.... those who passed and those who failed....., success is failure inverted iside out !!!!! so let us invert our failure...... 3 2 1 go.......
  2. depressed

depressed Guest

hay dr osler dont b irritated.
    alf mabrook u r passed.
    praise 2 almighty
    dont b rude
    u know u have 2 appear in paces where u should b calm & cool
    ok b happy
  3. guest 4

guest 4 Guest

hi i agree osler is rude.......but his score is good
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

CONGRATULATIONS to all who have passed and dr osler Mashallah u have passed again with a great score same as your part 1 though u prepared just for a couple of months.I m very happy to see your result.

I m going to appear in nov inshallah pls remember me in your prayers.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks alot Dr. Erum for ur kind wishes. surely, i will remember u especially, that Holy Ramadan is tomorrow. I m sure u will pass from first attempt is shaa ALLAH. And i m ready to provide any help u need. Best wishes.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi dr osler will u please let me know from where have u studied other than the websites and MCQ'S? did u go through kumar and klark 2009 edition? which books u chose for reading ?
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

sorry this was me forgot to login !!
  8. dr-Osler

dr-Osler Guest

Salamo alekom Dear Dr Erum,
    Due to shortage of time, i couldnt revise davidson as i did in part 1, but when i got a wrong answer in pastest or onexam, i revised the whole topic either from kalra or davidson.
    Regarding radiology, i had "Get Through Radiology for MRCP Part 2" and for photo "MRCP Part 2: Best of Five Illustrated Questions and Answers" but i think if u solve the whole pastest and onexam plus sharma, u will pass by a wonderful score. Ramdan kareem :D
  9. dna

dna Guest

dear all connected with this web site,
    I have been a silent spectator of the MRCP forum.I passed part1 in Jan,09 and part2 now.I am delighted to see the posts in the forum,just before an MRCP exam, just after the exam numbers are at peak,dropping thereafter with sudden upsurge after the result.The posts, discussions are very useful for the users,with revealations of all tricks of MRCP question setters.I got a feeling as if I am in my medical college with most of sincere class fellows, with occasional aberrations when someone tries to question the honesty,ethnicity, nationality of someone.By and large forums are clean.
    Some friends have been more expressive than others,I just listened to them with just one post with name dna.
    Ramdan kareem to all who are fasting or intensely intend to fast/believe in ramdan.
    Dr osler I am waiting for your paces forum.your contribution after part 1 result on mrcp forum regarding preparation of part2 was great,and at least I arranged my things for the exam with the help of these posts.i want to add just one thing that we in the medical science are already spending a lot of time in studies of the same topics as are in MRCP exam syllabus.So we already invested a lot of time ,say, to MRCP exams already.If someone finished in 2 months/7 weeks does not mean, he started from blank.His slate was already written full.he just added colours to it.
    I would like to suggest people who want to start preparing for part 2 to go through part forum posts starting from here:
    january 2009 mrcp part 1 questions page 20.
    Again to Dr osler to start a forum for PACES soon so that our tempo remains high.
    Thank you,
  10. dr-Osler

dr-Osler Guest

Thanks alot Dr Dna for ur nice comment and kind advice. Really, all of us have a great benefit from this forum and its wonderful discussion, we feel like a one family with a great target which is improving our medical knowledge level to help more and more patients.
    Regarding Paces, I m currently collecting some informations about the needed sources and available courses for the exam, and I will start as soon as possible, a thread for Feb 20210 paces. hope to meet again there. Thanks :p
  11. RNA

RNA Guest

hi all i got 70.72% with the grace of ALLAH in my first attempt and my advice to all is that do sharma really well and i mean really well and go thruogh karla clinical chapters to get the overview of topics like nephrology, respiration etc and do imptant topics from davidson and passmedicine is must but dont go for the question go through the answers really well and make ur own questions while u go thru the answers and i think onexamination is enough and go thru a good atlas and plz no echos or audiograms are in exam so dont waste much time on them just know it but dont master it rite now last but not least sharma has 10 questions in its answers so make ur own question wen u read those answers and sharma does have mistakes and plz plz if u wanna skip davidson go ahead cos OHCM(oxford handbook)is perfect for this exam it has all the answers i did oxford at the end but had a base of current,uptodate,harrison and davidson but i knew what to pic from OHCM peace one thing more run thru dialysis complications from karla and davidson its realy big in part 2 expect atleast 3 questions
  12. RNA

RNA Guest

hi all i got 70.72% with the grace of ALLAH in my first attempt and my advice to all is that do sharma really well and i mean really well and go thruogh karla clinical chapters to get the overview of topics like nephrology, respiration etc and do imptant topics from davidson and passmedicine is must but dont go for the question go through the answers really well and make ur own questions while u go thru the answers and i think onexamination is enough and go thru a good atlas and plz no echos or audiograms are in exam so dont waste much time on them just know it but dont master it rite now last but not least sharma has 10 questions in its answers so make ur own question wen u read those answers and sharma does have mistakes and plz plz if u wanna skip davidson go ahead cos OHCM(oxford handbook)is perfect for this exam it has all the answers i did oxford at the end but had a base of current,uptodate,harrison and davidson but i knew what to pic from OHCM peace one thing more run thru dialysis complications from karla and davidson its realy big in part 2 expect atleast 3 questions
  13. DNA

DNA Guest

HI RNA I M UR BROTHER DNA
    REMEMBER IN THE NUCLEUS..... HA HA HA
    CONGRATS ON PASSING THE EXAM
    WHAT ABOUT MASTERCLASS BOOKS
    I HAVE FAILED THE EXAM WANA RESTART PREP
    WHATS UR ADVISE
    HI DR OSLER CONGRATS
    WHER IS DR MANOJ.... IS HE APPEARING WITH ME NEXT TIME?????
    THOSE WHO HAVE FAILED SHOULD START A NEW THREAD AS V R EXPERINCED & KNOW A LITTLE BIT MORE
    SO WHO WILL START....... DR MANOJ R U LISTNING
  14. RNA

RNA Guest

dna brother let me tell u the trick of this exam that is do electrolytes from karla and OHCM and learn those charts really well in OHCM i mean the hyper and hypocalcemia etc and hyperkalemia from karla nephro read karla for an overview and respiration and the diferential of eosinophilia and OHCM and important topics from davidson if u have time do sharma the most important book read differential of eosinophilia dat chart in the last questions and know it by heart .read sharma realy well and make questions with in its each answer, infact sharma have a few mistakes like renopulmonary syndromes it adds polyarteitis nodosa in one answer which infact very very realy involves lung and dats one of the differentiating factor from microscopic polyangitis and like nobody said in the other forum dat treatment of ABPA is steroids and dan u add on itraconozole if to cut down on steroids or the treatment of warfarin overdose but overall its a good concept affirming book and plz do one thing before u start sharma again go to a photocopier and photocopy the lab data page in the end so u dont have to keep turning the book again and again and photocopy the page 4 of sharma which has all the system base question given and do sharma chapter wise from page 4 dat is do differrent systems question from page 4 system wise and make extra copies of page 4 and highlight those questions which u think need revision and do onexamination really well and passmedicine is a must but focus on the answers and while doing those answers make ur own questions and if u have time go through pastest questions which infact has so many mistakes in its answers but the make uyou focus on the important points in a topic but to be frank for me passmedicine and onexamination was enough but i did nephro, respiration, git, derma and toxicology from pasttest too but didnt have enough time to do the rest of chapters but do derma from pastest and passmedicine they are must with dermanet newzealand for explanation go thrugh alot of images from forbes and other image books, peace and wish u best of luck bro
  15. RNA

RNA Guest

SORRY FOR SPELLING MISTAKES IN THE PREVIOS POST READ THIS

READ THIS POST dna brother let me tell u the trick of this exam that is do electrolytes from karla and OHCM and learn those charts really well in OHCM i mean the hyper and hypocalcemia etc and hyperkalemia from karla nephro and respiration read karla for an overview and the diferential of eosinophilia and OHCM and important topics from davidson if u have time. Do sharma the most important book read differential of pulmonary eosinophilia dat chart in the last questions and know it by heart .read sharma realy well and make questions with in its each answer, infact sharma have a few mistakes like renopulmonary syndromes it adds polyarteitis nodosa in one answer which infact very very realy involves the lung and dats one of the differentiating factor from microscopic polyangitis and like nobody said in the other forum dat treatment of ABPA is steroids and dan u add on itraconozole to cut down on steroids or the treatment of warfarin overdose but overall its a good concept affirming book and plz do one thing before u start sharma again go to a photocopier and photocopy the lab data page in the end so u dont have to keep turning the book again and again and photocopy the page 4 of sharma which has all the system base question given and do sharma chapter wise from page 4 dat is do differrent systems question from page 4 system wise and make extra copies of page 4 and highlight those questions which u think need revision and do onexamination really well and passmedicine is a must but focus on the answers and while doing those answers make ur own questions and if u have time go through pastest questions which infact has so many mistakes in its answers but that makes you focus on the important points in a topic but to be frank for me passmedicine and onexamination was enough but i did nephro, respiration, git, derma and toxicology from pasttest too but didnt have enough time to do the rest of chapters but do derma from pastest and passmedicine they are must with dermanet newzealand for explanation go thrugh alot of images from forbes and other image books, peace and wish u best of luck bro
  16. RNA

RNA Guest

and most of all PRAY TO ALLAH coz i know i did well coz i prayed like anything and its ALLAH WHO CAN DO MIRACLES coz we can try as hard as we can but without HIS WILL NOTHING HAPPENS
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

how can isee my score :(
  18. 555

555 Guest

ipassed my 1st 2nd part both 1st attempts alhmd llah
    think to prepare for paces
    searching for agroup
    thik ineed rider so igot it now and try to start
    any one will joi :roll:
  19. guest 000

guest 000 Guest

i passed mrcp 2 but my percentage is very close to the passing percentage, i see people havaing percentage like 70 or 60 percents ...
    though i am happy that i passed .but i am concerned that does percentage matters in paces ?
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

Passing mark in part 2 will not matter for paces
  21. guest18

guest18 Guest

I would like to join you in preparation. I have Ryder, Tim Hall and Baliga, and Talley O'Connor and MaCleod for clinical methods.

How do you want to start, how much to do in a day? Anything else you suggest?
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

Will reading these books which describe clinical cases be useful
    Should reading concentrate on books of physical signs and symptoms rather than books of cases as the exam is testing the ability to interpret physical signs and symptoms
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

im interested too. expecting ryder in a day or two.
  24. DNA

DNA Guest

THANX

THNX SO MUCH 4 THE ADVICES
    NOW I HAVE STARTED FROM THE BEGINING
    LOOKING MY WEAKNESES
    WILL DO WHATEVER U HAVE SUGGESTED
    PRAY 4 UR BRO IN RAMADAN KAREEM
    HOPE U PASSES PACES IN 1ST ATTEMPT
  25. RNA

RNA Guest

dna bro i suggest to u the electrolytes bcoz if u know those tables from OHCM by heart and the hypokalemia one from karla nephro bro u will interpret almost all questions and practice these tables while interpreting questions in onexamination or pastest and one thing more do dialysis from karla and complication table from davidson they usually hav 2-3 questions about it like v had selemevar to give for which most guys on this forum stoped alfacalcidol and the other question wid dialysis induced peritonitis one had to give intraperitoneal vanc and genta and not to remove the line so i hope u get my point its not how much u study this exam is how u study and wat u focus on and do hypogonodism and infertility from karla coz v had alot of question abt it .try to do pastest too coz bof make u notice ur weaknesses.almost everyone answered the question about kartegeners syndrome wrong coz every1 thought it was sweat test infact it was nasal mucosal biopsy coz there was dextro cardia on the ct so plz be alert in the exam and pay attention to details coz this is the only exam dat wants you to fall for the bait.and wen you do nephro n hypokalemia from karla u will know wat i mean but plz add bicarbonate values to dat table to make it even more easier to interprete data on the exam peace and best of luck my brother dna and did u photocopy page 4 of sharma
  26. DR SUMANTA

DR SUMANTA Guest

Dear 555, I am interested to join with you for the preparation of PACES 2010/1 diet; We should be very serious about it; i am inviting everyone who will go for this, please join and share whatever you know about the preparation...................
    With the mercy of Godhead Supreme personality, I have passed MRCP PART 1 (SEPT/2008)AND PART 2 (JULY/2009) with single attempt.

I am looking for that boy, Dr Manoj, where are you? Why you silent? expecting to see your score and to invite to join with us.............
  27. Guest

Guest Guest

hi dna i went for umrah i have started my studies. Learning elect from harrison. Also bought masterclass books. Prep with full zeal
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

hi dna i went for umrah i have started my studies. Learning elect from harrison. Also bought masterclass books. Prep with full zeal
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the contributions. Really helping me
  30. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, was wondering from where it would worth to study radiology for pasrt 2 written. Last time I failed (3 points away) and really I found myself having difficulties with images and xrays/CTs.
  31. leojack

leojack Guest

sincere thanks

dear friends
    i sincerely thank you all for you active participation which helped many of us to pass the MRCP part 2
    i pray that the very best comes to you
    regards
    leo

NB: My special thanks to Dr non-picture for you advice on MKSAP..it is just wonderful..thanks a lot