mrcs books

Discussion in 'MRCS Forum' started by hamid_kareem, Oct 9, 2005.

1. hamid_kareem

hamid_kareem Guest

hi,i m appearing for mrcs 1 of jan 2006,can anybody help me about reading,plz tell me are raftery,cuscheri 1 &2 ,lasts anatomy,robbins pathology,love and belly enough for part1 mrcs exams
  2. dr_kami

dr_kami Guest

hi
    i have in jan ,too.
    which books r u studying?
    core modules is enough or not.
    thanks
  3. Hi,

for part 1&2 the most important books would be rcs manual by kirk,pastest core and systems review by sam andrews ,mcq's by huang and Baily&Love.I think this will see u through part 1 &2.good luck
  4. abi

abi Guest

some suggestion for MRCS 1,2

MRCS 1:
    What Invincible JS said is all true. I will add only the foll: Pasttest Practice papers1,2,3,4 are almost like real exam papers-- so go through it and know what to expect. Study hypo and hyper of Ca, pot,phos , etc . Blood gas interpretations apart from other things. Anatomy from Snell is a must -- mostly the relations of structures and applied part. Thats it, and answer fast without thinking much -- you have good chance to pass.

MRCS 2:
    Do as many EMQS as possible , from any source. This is to gain speed in answering. Concentrated on clinical features and investigations of all diseases from Pasttest revision notes if possible or/and Go through Raferty Pocket book of Surgery ( Churchil) and KIrk RCS . Lastly, Emqs of Huang Winslet and Chatrath Rahim are almost like real exam papers-- so go through it and know what to expect. Thats it, and answer fast without thinking much -- you have good chance to pass.

I hope , these few tit-bits will help aspiring candidates . And with some luck and blessings you should pass. Best of luck
    -------------- Abi