MRCS equivalent to MS/DNB(GenSur) for DNB (GU surg)entrance?

Discussion in 'DNB CET board - DipNB' started by Vineetagrawal, Sep 19, 2006.

1. I hold the MRCS diploma from the Royal college of surgeons england. Can someone please clarify if this is acceptable is being equal to MS or DNB (Gen Surgery)
  2. kansundar

kansundar Guest

Dear Vineet, MRCS is not equivalent to DNB or MS gen surgery in the sense that you cannot practice surgery with it anywhere in the world. It is only a test of basic surgical training ie it is an entry ticket to training for FRCS (though it is not guaranteed). In that sense, it is only equal to DNB part I. In other words, it is not a surgical qualification at all. Unless you join a structured FRCS programme and get FRCS, you are not qualified as a surgeon. So it is better you take DNB or MS if you are planning to practice in India, otherwise try for structured programme in Malaysia or Singapore, as entry into UK is becoming difficult by the day. All the best!
  3. RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN DEGREES FOR SUPERSPECIALIZATION

HI,

Foreign degrees like MRCP/ Diplomate of American Board etc. which are included in schedule –II of MCI ACT are treated at par with that of MD/MS of Indian Universities for the above purpose)

FOR THIS ACT, SEE THE MCI WEBSITE:-
    www.mciindia.org

GO TO ACTS & AMENDMENTS.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT
  4. AJ

AJ Guest

Re: recognization of foreign degrees for superspecialization

In reply to ASHA PAIDHUNGAT's e-mail, please can I draw your attention to the footnote at the end of the text on Section II of the above mentioned act..it says specifically thet the qualifications are recognised only if they were granted before 1962..Am sorry but this is the unfortunate case. I wonder if there is some sort of an agreement between the Colleges to recognise each others degrees.