nov 2007 mcqs recall

Discussion in 'Australian Medical Council (AMC) EXAM' started by san111, Nov 20, 2007.

1. san111

san111 Guest

Hi everyone.

Anyone APPEARED IN NOVEMBER 2007 AMCQ?

Can anyone tell how was the paper and how many recalls wee there?

Thanks very much,
    sana
  2. NovAMC

NovAMC Guest

AMC MCQ November - Brisbane

I think I did badly on this exam... but since there were some recalls that helped, I will post my own for others. I might have to use it too if I have to retake it... (hopefully not pleaaaaase!)

1. Question about a deeply tanned muscular surfer guy, past history if steroid use, came in to hospital hypotensive (80/50), hyponatremic. (couldn't remember all the other details - sorry)

a. give normal saline
    b. give hydrocortisone
    c. give adrenalin

> I answered give hydrocortisone/ IV steroids because I thought he was a case of Conn's Syndrome/ Adrenal Insufficiency

2. Stupid question because I don't know where to get the statistics on this: What is the most common cause of Hep B transmission in Chinese people in Southeast Asia?

a. vertical
    b. blood transfusion
    c. tatooing
    d. sexual

3. Long history/ description of a man with renal colic. What would in his history would make you consider an operative option?

a. >5 mm stone in the ureter
    b. intermittent fever and chills

4. blow out fracture of the orbit presents with:

a. difficulty in upward gaze
    b. can't remember the other choices

5. guy who likes to be alone, doesn't care what others think of him

a. avoidant
    b. schizoid
    c. antisocial
  3. san111

san111 Guest

Thank you very mmuch . Waiting for more recalls

Sana
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks for the recalls. hope u clear this exam.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

@ sana
    when u taking the exam. r u from Pakistan?
  6. rogue

rogue Guest

nov 2007

really difficult exam. mastery questions were too trivial and questions were tricky. always stuck with 2 choices left... tsk...
  7. zar

zar Guest

mcqs

hi

1. all of the following have hyperdynamic circulation except :

a. thyrotoxicosis
    b. asd
    c. pda

2. what is the most appropriate management for WPW syndrome :

a. radio frequency catheter ablation
    b. surgical removal of the accessory pathway
    c. adenosin
    d. digoxin

3. which of the following is contra indication to tocolytics administration :

a. pre-eclampsia
    b. placenta previa
    c. threatened abortion
    d. pre-term labour

4. a pregnant lady in labour with pre-mature rupture of membranes , vaginal swab was positive for group b streptococcus should be treated with :

a. erythromycin
    b. benzylated penicillin
    c. tetracycline

5. a patient of your`s has been treating him for long time invites you for dinner with romantic intentions. what do you do :

a. accept his invitation , stop treating him .
    b. accept his invitation , still treat him
    c. decline his invitation, continue treatment
    d. decline his invitation, stop treating him

8. Guest nov 07

Guest nov 07 Guest

some more!!!!

1.Picture from anthology book on Hydatid disease.

2. Picture of patient having shingles, can't remeber for how long and asking about the period of isolation.

3. ECG of inferior MI

4. ECG of LBBB.
  9. Guest nov 07

Guest nov 07 Guest

5. Hyphema

6. A patient in your surgery, and avoiding the discussion and can't stay on one topic, what is his condition called
    a. suppression
    b. projection
    c. reppresion

7.CTG very long story but it was normal ctg and asking about managment?

8.Patient under going surgery, so how much and what kind of fluid would you give?
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

there is a whole package of pass mcq which people practice does anyone has an idea where can i get it from and for how much
  11. Guest too

Guest too Guest

Nov 07 Sydney Exam

This was very difficult.
    I think there was less than 10% of recall in this exam.
    Mostly new and very long questions.
  12. Eladena

Eladena Guest

November recalls

Truly speaking very difficult to remember any one of the questions in full. Most questions were very sneaky and intentiaonally made to mislead people like us who pretty much depending upon the past papers. Here are some of the questions I can remember.

1 Picture of subungual heamatoma in anthology
    but the history and answers were compatible with frostbite. About a patient who returned fron snow skieng and were asking us the treatment.

2 Chest x ray of an adult with bowel shadows and a collapsed lung in the left thoracic cavity. History of Road trafic accident and rib fractures in the past. Question was on diagnosis.
  13. Eladena

Eladena Guest

Nov 2007 MCQ recall

3 Picture of lower limbs with a petichial rash. History fever for 4 hours and a rash. Question was to select antibiotic treatment

4 Picture of a new born baby. For me I could not notice any dysmorphic features other than being a large baby. Question was what investigation would you perform on the mother of this new born

5 x-ray proximal humeral fracture from anthology. What is the management

6 x-ray scaphoid fracture from anthology management

7 picture of mamography and USG of a cystic breast lesion. Management

8 Anthology page 294 picture of chronic DVT - cause?

9 x-ray KUB with number of small round opacities in right side of the abdominal cavity ? from Kidenys along the ureter / inside the gut...? what is the diagnosis

10 five pictures of skin lesions. One dark nevi like small lesion on the face. not from anthology. what is the diagnosis?

11 small lesion on the posterior side of the pinna. looks like a BCC I cannot remeber the question exactly

12 Dark brownish colour lesion over the nose. again not from anthology.

13 discoid lesions with raised edges on an arm. Question ?

14 2cm lesion looks like keratoachanthoma not the one in anthology Management?

15 three ECG s as I diagnosed one on LBB

16 another on inferior MI

17 another with variable degree heart block

18 Another chest x-ray. Confusing history of chronic obstructive airway disease presented with respiratory distress. some clinical findings were given sorry I cannot remember them. question was on diagnosis

19 one of your fellow doctors are stealing drugs from the store. He is adicted to the drug. What would you do?
    tell the pharmacist
    tell the hospital authority
    talk to him about profesional responsibilities

20 your consultant is having sex with one of your former patients. still she is a patient of the unit. What would you do?
    talk to the consultant
    inform the relevent board
    tell the patients husband
    tell the hospital authority
    keep your mouth shut

21 GP clinic Wife came for a pregnancy test. Husband asking for results over the phone from the nurse. The nurse should
    tell the results
    tell that she can tell the results only to his wife
    ask the wife to make an appointment to get the results

22 patient comes to you with a history of migaration to Australia one year before as a refugee. some symptoms of suspition bla bla bla. But ward nurses say that they know this patient well and she has been admiting to several units with different stories for the last five years. what is this condidtion.

23 35 year old comes to your practise asks for panadeen whitch cures his crohns disease symptoms. What would you do?
    give panadeen
    ask for a detailed history on his crhns disease
    ask for the name of his GI consultant

24 Medical students comes to you. Sympthoms of flue for four days. Missed his exam yesterday. Aasks for a medical. What would you do
    do not give the medical
    give the medical backdated
    give the medical with todays date telling the patient was ill for the last four days

25 Teacher presents with insomnia. all the other symptoms are of a depressive illness what type of drug would you give
    antipsycotic
    anxiolytics
    hypnotic
    antidepressent
  14. Eladena

Eladena Guest

November MCQ recall

26 Forgot to mention earlier. Another picture of an old lady with a large multi nodular goiter. Which symptom makes you to take the decision of surgery
    Dysphagia
    Dyspnoea when lying down

27 What suggest you that a goiter is malignant
    involvement of r.larryngeal nerve
    hoarsness of voice
    dysphagia
    positive phembertons sighn

28 young girl sexually active. multiple partners. on OCP do not use condoms. not a drug user. what is the most possible STD
    HIV
    Hepatitis c
    syphilis
    clamydia
    gonocoocal infection

29 what is the single most important treatment in a cardiac arrest
    mouth to mouth breath
    heart massage
    adrenali
    defibrilation

30 question on least posibility of getting HIV. looks like a recall. but the way it was asked was different. blood transfusion and heamophilia were among the answers

31 4 year old child. asthmatic. comes with an acute attack. RR 45/minute . pulse oxymeter reading 85% on air management
    steroid inhaler at home
    Beta agonist at home
    Beta agonist + Ipratropium inhaler at home
    admit for beta agonist and ipratropium inhalation
    give oxygen contiunuous salbutamol inhalation and transfer in an ambulance

32 young patient after an accident in a remote area. Air ambulance avaoilable and ready to transfer. Patient has a small pneumothorax. occipital bruising. conciosness deteriorates. After initial resucitation what else would you do before transfering
    Burr holes
    IC tube with underwater drainage

33 Sudden IUD during 29th week in an otherwise uneventfull pregnancy. what investigations would you do in the mother

34 recall question. what can a three year old do
    climb stairs
    dress himself
    buttoning shirt
    jump on one leg

35 one year old child. long description of the development history which is normal for age. mother complains he has a delay compared to her sister. What would you do?

36 same senario but there is a development delay. child cannot stand with support cannot play peeka boo ....bla bla... What is the investigation you do
    EEG
    gene studies

37 Aborgenial mother comes with an18 month old baby. history of long standing steotorrhea with perianal excoriation. as far as i can remeber question was what is the best investigation

38 10 year old with a history of sore throat and fever. presents with arethritis and a rash at the back. What is the diagnostic invcestigation
    ECG
    throat swab
    ESR
    joint x-ray

39 very old lady with osteo arthritis of the Right hip. how do you advise her to use the walking stick
    stick on r/hand keep it with r/leg
    stick in r/hand keep it with l/leg
    stick in r/hand keep it when comfortable
    stick in l/hand keep it with r/leg
    stick in l/hand keep it with l/leg

40 12 yer old girl. previously enthusiastic. now refuses to go to school. multiple complaints. she has started secondry school recently. mother has got admitted to a hospital for treatment for a breast disease. What is important
    inform authorities that she is not going toschool
    personal psychotherapy
    involvement of the family

41 16 year old girl asks for a post coital pill. what important advice do you give.
    faliure of pill 2-3%
    50% women gets headache after using it
    inform parents
    ask when did you have sex

42 Nurse in her first trimester of pregnancy asks for your advice on influenza vaccination for her
    do not take
    take in the third trimester
    take it now

43 women in her 9th week of pregnancy getting rerady to travel to a malarial area. What drug prophylaxis would you give
    chloroquine
    premarquine

44 question on post partum heamorrage. 3800g baby. women starts bleeding 30 minutes post partum. 1l of bleeding in next one hour or so. placenta successfully delivered. what is the cause of bleeding
    laceration
    uterine atony

45 question on post partum depressive illness. women has a lot of domestic responsibilities. what is most important other than drugs
    psychotherapy
    involving the family

46 lady under takes foster care of a 6 year old child. presents at the end of first week of care. complaints that the child is irritablke and violent at school what would you do
    talk to teacher
    comprehensive mental state evaluation of the child
    tell the lady that fostercare is a complex issue and should see the child later

47 blood gas in a patient with narcotic overdose

48 14 year old boy over wighted complains of limp. shows the knee when asked for the site of pain. what is the diagnosis
    osteomyelitis
    displaced capital femoral epiphysis

49 GCS of a patient. open eyes for pain. localises pain. making sounds

50 Commonest site of atherosclerosis of the lower limb
    internal illiac
    superficial femoral

15. Eladena

Eladena Guest

2007 November recalls

51 first trimester pregnancy presents with breast cancer. Mangement
    terminate pregnancy
    definitive surgery
    surgury+chemo

52 Schizophrenic patient on long term drug treatment develops involuntary movements of tounge lips and facial muscles. cause?
    tardive dyskinesia

53 woman with orteoporosis. other than calcium what else should be given
    vitamin D
    bisphophonate

54 very old women presents with complaining of becoming shorter. on examination notice skyphosis. what is the investigation
    CT
    MRI
    X-ray thoracic lumbar spine

55 2 year old boy with scortal and penile swelling and redness. no fever. non tender. what is the management?
    USS
    observation
    urgent surgical exploration

56 mangement of second degrr heart block

57 drug treatment for AF in WPW syndrome

58 6 year old girl immunised up to date including for meningococcals. presents with clear nasal dyscharge fever. ill. neck stiffness and kernigks sighn positive. what is the diagnosis
    viral meningitis
    encephalitis

59 best investigation to disgnose downs in pregnancy
    Beta HCG
    USG
    Chorionic villous sampling
    amniotic fluid
    HLP

60 nerve supply to the anterior 2/3 of the tounge ( a recall)
  16. Eladena

Eladena Guest

2007november recalls

Hi all

Everybodys contribution to the forum is very important. at least one can post a single question would be a great help. Exam was very tough and I am contuining getting ready for the next time. Please post your recalls help each other to get through this real agony.

chatterbox
  17. Eladena

Eladena Guest

2007 november recalls

:x

I could faintly remember another few questions

61 patient with signs of foot drop. Inability to dorsiflex and evert with sensory loss ( as given in earlier exams) where is the lesion
    L4
    L5
    Sciatic
    Common Peroneal
    Tibial

62 Another one from past papres. Man complaining of dificulty in climbing stairs and upper limb weakness. muscle waisting of upper limbs UMN like lower limb weakness. What is the cause
    Cord compression
    Motor neurone disease
    multiple sclorisis

63 young man presents with excersise induced syncope. Father died of cardiac disease. What is the diagnostic investigation
    exsersise ECG
    echocardiogram
    c-xr

64 a patient on Clopidogrel comes for a surgery. What is the management
    do the surgery
    stop the drug for a week
    ....?

65 picture of a baby with cleft lip and palate. Mother young. on carbamacipine. takes a glass of vine daily. What is cause for the condition
    drug
    alcohol
    genetic

66 Parents with a child suffering from cystic fibrosis asks for advice on posobility of CF in next pregnancy. What is the posibility

67 What is deputrants contracture

68 Treatment of massive intra cardiac thrombi in a patient with ischemic symptoms

69 Old lady. normal heart rate one week back. presents with brady cardia hypotention and abdominal symptoms. posiible causes

70 Patient with fever neck swelling TSH and T4 values given Thyroid scan nill I2 uptake. What is the treatment.
  18. amasomi

amasomi Guest

this exam there was not lots of repitition in articles for example lots of ECG ,THyroid Qs but not any Qs from some articles
    i Just write here some of articles I remeber

malaria 2 Qs prevention and prophylaxis
    thyroid malignancies 3Qs
    development milestones 3Qs
    ECG AF,LBBB,pericarditis,...
    gloucoma
    shingles VZV
    your patient romantically invites you for dinner what should you do?
    hematoma subungual
    diabetes management
    Ehlers-Danlos Syndrom
    delayed puberty
    amenorhea primary and secondary 3Qs
    breast cancer,mastitis in postpartum woman
    hypercalcemia,with ca serum increased,/P serum normal,/urinary ca increased, the cause?
    vascular hpertension
    superficial or deep femoral artery occlusion?
    most common site of thrombosis

Sorry i am not good in recalling Qs ,i will write more later
    Good Luck
  19. san111

san111 Guest

Thank you very much Eladena.Best of luck for the result.

Anyone knowing more recalls please post here.

Sana
  20. mbnair

mbnair Guest

amc 2007 questions

Hi all
    I just finished my mcq, was difficult, no much repetation
    New questions of whcih I have never read before were

There were 2-3 questions on bowout fracture of eye
    there were 2-3 questions on holding the walking stick in which side, in case of OA of the knee.
  21. Eladena

Eladena Guest

Thank you San111 but I do not think that I will be able to make it this time. And Amasomi keep on reminding the topics I will try to recall at least a part of the senario.

Below are some more questions

71 breast fedding mother. Complians of redness and swelling of one breast. I cannot remember febrile or not. and also I cannot remember the exact wording whether it was asked for in adition to antibiotic treatment or some thing else. But the question was management. I was struggling between two answers.
    continue breast feeding with the other breast
    squeeze the breast and express breast milk

72 In which conditions that you get normal ginitalia at birth.
    xy with gonadal agenesis
    xxy
    congenital adrenal hyperplasia

73 middle aged lady presented with a headache. It was discribed as pain radiating to front starting from the occipital area. Question what is the diagnosis

74 Baby normal at birth. presesnts after ----- weeks with cyanosis. Pan systolicv murmer at left sternal border. What is the diagnposis

75 how do you select the ET tube in paeditric resucitation
    age/4 +4
    age/4+2
    Hight/4+4

76 child with cyanotic syncopal attacks after crying.What would you tell parents

77 Uneventful pregnancy with normal investigations so far. presesnts at 28 weeks with fundal hight of 32. Possible cause?

78 lady with a history of previous abortion.comes with amenohrrea. What is the best investigation
    USG
    HSG
    uteroscopy

79 PAP smear with LSL I lesions. What is the next step of management
    check for HPV
    cone biopsy
    colposcopy in one year

80excecutive lady. goes to bed very late. complains of difficulty in sleeping. what is the management
    benzodiazepines
    stress management
    psychotherapy
  22. NovAMC

NovAMC Guest

more questions

. 17 weeks pregnant woman, would like to know which test is more sensitive for Down syndrome
    a. Triple
    b. CVS
    c. Amniocentesis
    2. Man with eye opening to pain, localizes to pain, incomprehensible sounds. GCS
    a. 7
    b. 8
    c. 9
    d. 10
    3. Woman with internal haemorrhoids, prolapsed, with bleeding when wiping. Management
    a. Rubber band ligation
    b. Traditional (conventional?) hemorrhoidectomy
    c. Another type of hemorrhoidectomy
    d. High fiber diet
    4. Woman with 3 kids, has otosclerosis with hearing aid. Which contraceptive method is best for her?
    a. Low dose combined OCP
    b. High dose
    c. POP
    d. Condom
    e. IUCD
    5. Child denies history of trauma but forearm noted to be pronated, extended arm. Diagnosis?
    a. Pulled elbow
    b. Supracondylar fracture
    6. Woman with IDDM with stable BSL for years. With short acting and intermediate acting insulin BD. Asymptomatic, but morning BSL noted to be high (15). Management
    a. Give another dose of short acting insulin in the morning
    b. Give more intermediate acting insulin in the evening
    c. Check early morning BSL for 3 days
    d. Eat less at night
    7. Woman with bleeding duodenal ulcer (posterior part?). management?
    a. Triple antibiotics + omeprazole
    b. Omeprazole
    c. Vagotomy + something
    d. Another surgery
    8. Most common presentation of stenosing rectosigmoid CA
    a. Changes in bowel habits
    b. Acute intestinal obstruction
    c. Bleeding
    9. Woman with osteoarthritis of the hip. Which hip movement is affected first?
    a. Abduction
    b. Adduction
    c. Flexion
    d. Extension
    e. Rotation
    10. Young man with WPW, best treatment?
    a. Radiofrequency ablation
    b. Surgical ablation
    c. Pharmacotherapy
    11. Overweight 13 year old male presents with limping, pain on right knee. Diagnosis
    a. Slipped femoral capital epiphysis
    b. Perthes disease
    c. Septic arthritis
    12. Man with chronic renal insufficiency, presents with acute onset of warm tender joint (sorry forgot which joint). Management?
    a. NSAIDs
    b. Antibiotics
    c. Intraarticular hydrocorstisone
    13. A child presents with a story which sounded like an absence seizure. Management?
    a. Ethosuximide
    b. Valproate
    c. Carbamazepine
    14. A woman with CCF presents with worsening pedal oedema, exertional dyspnoea. Currently on frusemide 40mg BD. She is also hypertensive and has hypercholesterolaemia. Management?
    a. Increase dose of frusemide
    b. Add thiazide
    15. Woman with von Willebrand disease with regular cycle of menstruation will present with which of the following?
    a. Menorrhagia
    b. Metrorrhagia
    c. Intermentrual bleeding
    d. + 2 other forms of bleeding
    16. 2 questions on orbital blowout fracture
    17. ABG of a man who had narcotic overdose, on room air
    18. A young man who had syncope while weightlifting. He had similar episodes twice before. His father died of cardiac disease. What is the most appropriate management?
    a. Holter monitoring
    b. Echocardiogram
    c. Stress test
    d. BP supine and upright
    e. CT scan
    19. Man with haematuria and fever. Scan showed 5mm stone on the ureterovesical junction with mild hydronephrosis. Management?
    a. Hydrate, observe, pain relief
    b. ESWL
    c. Percutaneous nephrostomy
    20. Child with heavy proteinuria but no other symptoms. Urine sterile on culture, no hypertension. Diagnosis?
    a. Orthostatic proteinuria
    b. Nephritic syndrome
    c. Glomerulonephritis
    21. Another child presenting with sore throat few weeks ago, now with headache, elevated BP. Management?
    a. Oral antibiotics
    b. Oral frusemide
    c. Transfer to hospital now
    22. Woman came in with painful wrist after trauma. You noted that she had restricted peripheral vision on one eye but she is not aware of this. You should
    a. Check tonometry
    b. Give topical medications... sorry can’t remember
    23. Man on diuretics, seen with sodium 121, K 2+. Management?
    a. Oral salt
    b. IV normal saline
    c. IV hypertonic saline
    d. Restrict fluids
    24. Which of the following does not mimic secondary syphilis?
    a. Pityriasis rosea
    b. Atopic eczema
    c. Tinea corporis
    d. Viral warts
    25. An infant who presents with recurrent episodes of shaking arms and leaning forward. What is the most important question to ask?
    a. Developmental milestones
    26. 2 questions on jaundice and fever, LFTs given. Possibly cholangitis (with Charcot’s triad)
    27. A child presents with asthma for years, ow with severe attack, sat 85%. What should you do?
    a. Advise 4 hourly salbutamol nebs
    b. Advise parents to bring the child to a hospital
    c. Given salbutamol neb and oxygen now, then send to hospital by an ambulance
    28. Elderly man with 2cm hard mass on one tonsil. Diagnosis?
    a. Lymphoma
    b. Metastasis
    c. Squamous cell CA
    d. Melanoma
    29. Claudication of buttock, thigh and calf. Where is the stenosis?
    a. Aorto-iliac artery
    b. Deep femoral artery
    c. Superficial femoral artery
    d. Internal iliac artery
    30. Woman, known IV drug user, is consulting you because she wants to stop taking drugs. She thinks that her partner will also do the same if she gets pregnant. What will you do?
    a. Screen her for hepatitis and HIV
    b. Refer her to a social worker
    c. Tell her she can’t get pregnant until drug-free for 12 months

. A man went skiing 3 weeks ago now presenting with (picture showing a subungual haematoma involving the whole nail, no skin changes). What should you do?
    a. Tell the patient that it is due to a frostbite
    b. Discharge and tell him to follow up after 4 weeks
    c. Remove the nail
    2. Which of the following will present with a normal looking male genitalia at birth?
    a. 46 XY with gonadal dysgenesis
    b. 46 XY with testicular feminisation
    c. 46 XXY
    d. 46 XX with congenital adrenal hyperplasia
    3. Woman, on 1st trimester pregnancy, diagnosed to have 2cm breast cancer. Management?
    a. Terminate the pregnancy and do definitive surgery in 2 months
    b. Complete the pregnancy and do surgery
    c. Do surgery now
    4. A question about postpartum haemorrhage on the first hour, most common cause? Uterine atony
    5. Woman presented with infertility. She had D&C done 6 months ago for septic abortion. Which of the following should be the first step in diagnosis?
    a. Pelvic ultrasound
    b. Hysterosalpingography
    c. Laparoscopy
    6. A psychiatric patient presents with smacking of lips, protrusion of tongue, repetitive movement. What do you call these?
    a. Tardive dystonia
    b. Tardive dyskinesia
    7. 4 year old kid with fever, treated with Amoxycillin, now with generalised rash including palms, conjunctivitis, mouth ulcers, red tongue. Management?
    a. Shift to another antibiotic
    b. Start IVIG and aspirin
    8. Elderly man presents with problems with night vision, keeps on bumping into things in the dark, distal sensory loss. Which of the following should you test for?
    a. Vitamin B12
    9. An infant who underwent cardiac catheterisation with the following results.
    RA = 67 (67) LA = 95 (95)
    RV = 80 (67) LV = 95 (95)
    PA = 80 (67)
    Diagnosis?
    a. Tetralogy of Fallot
    b. VSD
    c. ASD
    d. TGA
    e. PDA
    10. A mum is asking you advise. Her first child was born with jaundice and bilateral cataracts. She is wondering whether her seond child will develop the same disease. Diagnosis?
    a. Congenital rubella
    b. Galactosemia
    11. A patient presents with anemia. Blood results: low Hb, high reticulocyte count, + direct Coombs test, slightly elevated WCC, elevated platelets. Blood smear showed some microspherocytes. Diagnosis?
    a. Hereditary spherocytosis
    b. Autoimmune haemolytic anemia
    c. Mycoplasma haemotlytic anemia
    12. Man with RIF pain for 2 days. Serum calcium elevated. Cause?
    a. Appendicitis
    b. Lymphoma
    13. 2-3 other questions about RIF pain, but each with different patient profile.
    14. Recall question on GCS. Man with eye opening to pain, localizes to pain, and incomprehensible sounds
    15. 45 year old woman who gets feeling of bloatedness, headache, etc 1 week after each menstrual period for the past 6 months. Diagnosis?
    a. Irritable bowel disease
    b. PMS
    16. The most important issue in knee dislocation
    a. Damage to tibial nerve
    b. Damage to popliteal artery
    c. Damage to common peroneal nerve
    17. 2 questions on a man who is for surgery, and is on aspirin (clopidgrel on the other case). What should you do
    a. Stop aspirin for 1 week then do surgery
    b. Urgent surgery
  23. sehrish

sehrish Guest

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering that how should be the pattern of study from now onwards to pass AMC after looking at the recent november recalls?

It seems that it is no more a good idea to rely completely on the past recalls. What do you think?

Hina
  24. san11

san11 Guest

well this is going quite tricky now.
    I am confused.
    Plz reply on this.

Sana
  25. amc anti

amc anti Guest

answer

2. Stupid question because I don't know where to get the statistics on this: What is the most common cause of Hep B transmission in Chinese people in Southeast Asia?

a. vertical
    b. blood transfusion
    c. tatooing
    d. sexual

Regarding this Q, the worldwide transmission is highest for Vertical for HBV. They have just twisted the question.
  26. Eladena

Eladena Guest

After November AMC

San 11

What I am planning to do now for the next exam is to take all the topics that they have been asking questions and study the topics not the questions.

What do the others think?
  27. san11

san11 Guest

Hi Eladenana,

You are right. I guess the best way is to read the topics thoroughly and dont get stuck if a question is twisted.

Sana
  28. sehrish

sehrish Guest

Thankyou Eladena,

Anyone knowing more mcqs plz post here. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

Sehrish
  29. hann2605

hann2605 Guest

I think the answers should be the following. Any comments welcome,

all of the following have hyperdynamic circulation except :

a. thyrotoxicosis
    b. asd ***
    c. pda

2. what is the most appropriate management for WPW syndrome :

a. radio frequency catheter ablation ***
    b. surgical removal of the accessory pathway
    c. adenosin (avoided)
    d. digoxin (avoided)

3. which of the following is contra indication to tocolytics administration :

a. pre-eclampsia ***
    b. placenta previa
    c. threatened abortion
    d. pre-term labour

4. a pregnant lady in labour with pre-mature rupture of membranes , vaginal swab was positive for group b streptococcus should be treated with :

a. erythromycin
    b. benzylated penicillin ***
    c. tetracycline ( not given)

5. a patient of your`s has been treating him for long time invites you for dinner with romantic intentions. what do you do :

a. accept his invitation , stop treating him .
    b. accept his invitation , still treat him
    c. decline his invitation, continue treatment ****
    d. decline his invitation, stop treating him
  30. Guest too

Guest too Guest

Nov 07 exam

Studying in Topics is a good idea. I guess, also it is better to focus more on your weak subjects.

Another question on the exam, correct me if I'm wrong, is a case primary ammenorrhea in a 18 y/o with normal sexual characteristic s and short vagina. I think it's Rokitanski Kutser Hauser Syndrome, If not I guess just study all the Mullerian duct abnormalities.
  31. NovAMC

NovAMC Guest

studying topics for AMC

yes, I do agree wthat you should focus more on the topics rather than the questions themselves because frankly, we really can't recall the whole question because they're very long. A lot of these recalls might mislead people. They're still good to study and familiarize yourself with, but don't rely on them solely.

I found that reading through www.australiandoctor.com.au gave some insight to how things are done here. I would recommend reading through the "how-to-treat" section. They're quite lengthy, but they are more of problem-based and symptoms based rather than just on one topic. Besides, they are really must know.

Well, I'm still studying a lot because I'm not too sure about my exam. Wish us luck that we pass!
  32. hann2605

hann2605 Guest

Hi All,

Does anyone know how useful it is to revise toronto notes? As Canadian and Australian boards have merged together (or is it just a news?)
    Please do let us know if anyone knows this.

Hina
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

34. oz-doctor

oz-doctor Guest

AMC MCQ Recal

the exams are geting more difficult . severel year back the AMC condected once a year and only top 250 or less passed.
    Now the exam is held more times , so compettition is more and they are limitting the numbers - so exams are difficulty more. the AMC office knows such websites and monitor them ( read AMC websites coments on exam reporrt ) use recal questions as guide only , and be famliar with the subject.
  35. Guest

Guest Guest

hi could u post me the relevant answers which ever is possi...thanks for all ur efforts..
  36. Guest

Guest Guest

nov07

a. vertical
    b. blood transfusion
    c. tatooing
    d. sexual

Regarding this Q, the worldwide transmission is highest for Vertical for HBV. They have just twisted the question.

i think the most common cause in southeast asia is blood transfusion.vertical transmission is not the most common cause.
  37. Guest

Guest Guest

nov2007 exam

hi,
    plz i needed the answers to the nov recall question..could some body help me with it..
    and is each question scored /marked wit different weightage of marks..dependin on the toughness..
    is it true that we need to score 2/3 of the mastery questions right?thats arnd 55 question out of 80...
    :)
  38. san11

san11 Guest

yes it is true we need 60% of mastery questions correct.
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

study partner

anyone in pakistan wants for a combined study
    am myself in rawalpindi for july 2008
    anyone interested please contact moonatnight2000@yahoo.com
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

anyone got nov-2007 MCQ exam results ?!!!

GUys ! Has anyone got the results by post ? I checked the webiste ,but there are no updates ! When will the results be online normally ? Very stressed up !!! Any valuble info based on past experience welcomed . Thank You :)
  41. Eladena

Eladena Guest

Hi

They say results despatched to candidates on 14/12 and published in the web on 19/12

Cheers
  42. docbehoshi

docbehoshi Guest

transmission of hepatitis in china

regarding question on transmission in china ..the transmission in china is different ..
    few facts ..
    china has 34% of chronic hepatitis b patient
    and 24% of chronic hep c patient
    hep b transmission- most common route perinatal transmission as far as china is concerned otherwise sexual transmission is most common .
    hep c transmission- most common route blood transfusion in china otherwise intravenous drug use is most common globally...
  43. avalon

avalon Guest

really tough exam

I recently got my Amc-mcq results last november and just so sad that i didn't make it... does anyone have anyone have more copy of past old exams.. its just so depressing :?
  44. sako

sako Guest

HI avlon,

so sorry to know about your result. Do you know what mistakes you made and how should we prepare in next time?

Sako
  45. Guest nov 07

Guest nov 07 Guest

some answers to the questions

1. Question about a deeply tanned muscular surfer guy, past history of steroid use, came in to hospital hypotensive (80/50), hyponatremic. (Couldn’t remember all the other details - sorry)

a. give normal saline
    b. give hydrocortisone
    c. give adrenalin

> I answered give hydrocortisone/ IV steroids because I thought he was a case of Conn's Syndrome/ Adrenal Insufficiency
    Some one answered the above question but my search has found which I want to share with you all. Hope to be in touch with you all, as I am doing my exam in march and now looking forward to the discussions with you people

Conn’s syndrome=Adrenal secreting aldosterone….in this patient’s presentation is hypertensive and hypokalemic. The above picture is not representing Conn’s syndrome. In this situation one has to asses the degree of hyponatraemia which may be due to adrenal crisis which require rapid replacement of sodium then hydrocortisone. IV saline should be infused as required to normalise haemodynamic indices. In severe hyponatraemia (<125mmol/l) caution should be taken to avoid too rapid normalisation, which risks pontine demylination (D pg # 784,783). I think above sitation could be due to Adrenal insufficiency. The most important thing here is Hyponatraemia. what do you think. Any comments are welcome.
  46. Guest nov 07

Guest nov 07 Guest

a. vertical
    b. blood transfusion
    c. tatooing
    d. sexual
    For this question I did my search on internet. Particularily WHO website.
    In high prevalence areas such as China and South East Asia, transmission during childbirth is most common, although in other areas of high endemicity such as Africa, transmission during childhood is a significant factor.[23] The prevalence of chronic HBV infection in areas of high endemicity is at least 8%.
  47. Guest nov 07

Guest nov 07 Guest

3. Long history/ description of a man with renal colic. What would in his history would make you consider an operative option?

a. >5 mm stone in the ureter
    b. intermittent fever and chills
    When to consider operation in patient with renal colic: I think there should be some more history regarding patients presentation. Anyway here are some indications for intervention.
    • Obstructive anuria or severe infection (pyonephrosis) =emergency percutaneous mephrostomy only.
    • Severe pain or solitary kidney=urgent ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy) or surgery.
    • Pain and failure of the stone to move=elective ESWL or surgery.
    Anyhow the correct option is A.
  48. Harmeet

Harmeet Guest

49. guest nov 07

guest nov 07 Guest

what do you agree with

dr Hermeet
    Any coments on above questions?
  50. Sandeep Raja

Sandeep Raja Guest

Question numbe 28 was intersting,

28 young girl sexually active. multiple partners. on OCP do not use condoms. not a drug user. what is the most possible STD
    HIV
    Hepatitis c
    syphilis
    clamydia
    gonocoocal infection