PART 2 MRCP DEC.2006

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by OREOLUWA, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I sgree---good job,where ere U before
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

ANOTHER QS-------A 78 YRS OLD INDIAN WOMAN.PRESENTED WITH OSTEOPOROSIS-PREVIOUS HISTORY OF CA. BREAST RESECTIO.WHAT WOULD U GIVE

1-ALENDRONATE
    2-STRONTIUM
    3-OCP
    4-FISH OIL
    5-CALCIUM AND PHOSPHATE SUPPLIMENTS
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

SORRY I DIDN'T WRITE MY ANSWER----ALENDRONATE----PLEASE COMMENT---MAY BE TODAY IS HTE LAST DAY---I WANNA PUT ALL THE 25 MORE I KNOW----IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE IF U KEEP IN TOUCH AND KEEP ON COMMENTING---THANKS
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

:lol: COMMENTS
    YOUR QS ARE SHORT AND INCOHERENT.NOW COMMENTS TO THE QS

1.THE ONE WITH ARTHRALGIA,RAISED CRP AND RAISED ANTI-DNA AB.YOU SAID IT IS BRUFEN.THE QS FIRST OF ALL IS CONFUSING BECAUSE ANTI-DNA AB IS SPECIFIC FOR SLE AND IN SLE ESR IS RAISED BUT CRP IS NORMAL.BUT YOU HAVE SAID CRP IS RAISED.THE NORMAL VALUE SHOULD BE <21.
    2.STRONTIUM - THE ONLY QS IN THE EXAM WITH STRONTIUM AS AN OPTION WAS THE ONE WHICH YOU LEFT OUT A VERY IMPORTANT HISTORY - THE PATIENT HAD A HISTORY OF ACHALASIA.SO BISPHOSPHONATES ARE CONTRAINDICATED.THEREFORE,THE BEST POSSIBLE OPTION IS STRONTIUM WHICH IS A NEW DRUG AND IS USEFUL IN THE TREATMENT AND PREVENTTION OF OSTEOPOROSIS.IT IS ALSO USEFUL IN MALIGNANT CONDITIONS LIKE THIS.CHECK YOUR BNF AS A REFERENCE.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

THANKS FOR UR HARD CORE OPINION.PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I HAVE NOT MADE THE QS.I AM TRYING TO REMEMBER THEM WITH BEST OF MY MEMORY.ALSO NOTE THAT UR SUPPOSED TO GIVE UR OPINION NOT VERDICT.IF U SEE MY WORDING,I AM SAYING THAT MY ANSWER.IF U THINK UR ANSER IS BEST.LET IT BE.U WILL PASS I WILL FAIL.THAT IS WHY I AM DISCUSSING IT SO THAT IT SHOULD BE OF SOME BENEFIT. TO ME.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

really good work keep on going any expectations about the results?!!!
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

I FAILED TWICE.IT HAS MADE ME HUMBLE.I TRY TO SHARE.THIS SMILEY GUY KNOWS EVERY THING.I AM NOT HOPEFUL.I TRIED MY BEST,WE WILL SEE.----PLEASE COMMENT ON QS.WE WILL KEEP THE HEAT ON---THANKS
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

I THINK THE PASS MARK WILL BE 56 - 58%.I HOPE WE WILL ALL PASS BY GOD'S GRACE.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE.FIRST TIME BY HALF A PERCENT AND SECOND TIME BY 4%,ALTHOUGH I HAD STUDIED MORE SECOND TIME.IT IS VERY UNPREDICTABLE.BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYBODY.
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

DO U STILL HAVE THE APPETITE FOR MORE ?---I AM READY
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

: :lol:
    YES,SEND MORE.
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

QS--WHICH PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING,I DISCUSSED WITH THE UROLOGY CONSULTANT YESTERDAY AND HIS ANSWER WAS SURPRISINGLY DIFFERENT:
    76 YR OLD MAN WITH FEVER.GP GIVEN ERYTHROMYCIN.NORESPONSE.WITH PSA OF 20(4)--

1-RCCa
    2-PROSTATITIS
    3-URETHRITIS
    4-----
    5------

HIS ANSER WAS PROSTATITIS.

MOST OF US INCLUDING ME HAD PUT--RCC--BUT HIS ARGUMENT WAS--

1--RASED PSA HAS NO RELATION WITH RCC
    2--PATIENT WAS SIMPLE UTI WHICH WAS GIVEN THE ABX-ERYTHROMCIN-WHICH HAS NO GOOD COVER FOR UTI--
    TO HOM THE BEST ANSWER WAS --PROSTATITIS---PLEASE COMMENT,THANKS
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

RENAL TB - I THINK IN THE HISTORY THERE WAS STERILE PYURIA,FEVER,LOIN PAIN AND HAEMATURIA OR BLOOD IN THE URINE.IN PROSTATITIS THE SYMPTOMS WILL BE VAGUE AND THE PSA WILLNOT BE ALL THAT RAISED.ABOVE 10 WILL INDICATE PROSTATIC CA,WHICH WAS NOT ON THE HISTORY AND DIDNOT MATCH WILL THE OTHER SYMPTOMS AND INVESTIGATION.I MIGHT BE WRONG.
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

WITH MY POOR MEMORY,THE HISTORY WAS VERY VAGUE OR LITTLE.THERE WERE QS.LIKE THIS IN THE OTHER PAPERS,LONGER IT IS GETTING WE ARE TRYING TO MIX.TO ME THE HISTORY WAS LITTLE.IF THE BLEEDING WAS THERE,IT WOULD HAVE BEEN RCC.SO RAISED PSA--RULE THAT OUT.ALSO RENAL TB IS VERY RARE.WHAT IT HAD TO DO WITH RAISED PSA.YES IF IT WAS CA-PROSTATE,IT CAN BE A POSSIBILITY--PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSING,IT WILL BE HELPFUL TO ME FOR THE FUTURE,THANK,BEST OF LUCK.
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

THERE IS DEFINITE ASSOCIATION OF PROSTATITIS AND RAISED PSA
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

:lol: COMMENT

IS THE RESULT OUT YET?????
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

I AM NOT SUE?
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

ANOTHER QS.
    A 56 YRS OLD LADY DEPRESS.SISTER DIED RECENTLY.SAYS THAT SHE WOULD COMMIT SUICIDE.WHICH DRUG U WOULD SUBSCRIBE:
    1-CITALOPRAM
    2-ECT
    3-AMITIPTYLINE
    4-LITHIUM
    5-MONOCLOBAMIDE

MY ANSWER WAS----CILATLOPRAM
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

COMMENTS AWAITING,THANKS--TAREEK ?THOUGHTS ?
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

AMYTRIPTILINE - IF THERE IS A HISTORY OF SUICIDE(ATTEMPTED/INTENTED), THEN AMYTRIPTILLE WILL BE THE BEST POSSIBLE OPTION.OTHER WILL BE LESS EFFECTIVE.WITHOUT A HISTORY OF SUICIDE,GO FOR SSRI'S.
  21. I REMEMBER ONE QUESTION

A 71 YEARS MAN PRESENT WITH 3 WEEKS BREATHLESSNES . NO HISTORY OF COUGH .HE HAD UTI GIVEN COURSE ANTIBIOTIC STILLFATIGE.
    HE HAD HISTORY OF PROS HYPER ATROPY.
    ON EXAM PALE TEMP 37.8 PULSE 72 REGULAR BP130/65
    SYSTOLIC MURMER AT LEFT STERNAL EDGE AND AT ABEX.
    TWO SETS OF BLOOD CULUTERS SHOW NO GROTH AFTER 24 HOURS
    CXR UNREMARKABLE

ECH SHOW THIC AORTIC VALVE &MILD AORTIC REGIRGITATION.

WHAT IS BEST TREATMENT
    1-CONTINE TO MONITER
    2-REPET MID STREAM
    3-START IV BENZYL PENCILLINE+GENTAMYCINE
    4-START BENZYLBENCILLINE ALONE PENDING FURTER TEST
    5-WAIT 48 HOURS AND THEN TAKE MORE BLOOD CULTER
    MY ANSER WAS N 1

ANY COMMENT
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

hi,guys there were 2 qs.on male osteoporosis--
    1---lower limit of normal FSH/LH AND TESTOSTERONE--9(6-9)---I PUT BISPHOSPHONTE
    2---TESTOSTERONE DECREASED---I PUT TESTOSTERONE

I HAVE THIS STUDY,WHICH I HAD READ----PLEASE COMMENT,THANKS

R Eastell, IT Boyle, J Compston, C Cooper, I Fogelman, RM Francis, DJ Hosking, DW Purdie, S Ralston, J Reeve, DM Reid, RG Russell and JC Stevenson
    University of Sheffield Medical School, UK.

Although osteoporosis is generally regarded as a disease of women, up to 30% of hip fractures and 20% of vertebral fractures occur in men. Risk factors for osteoporotic fractures in men include low body mass index, smoking, high alcohol consumption, corticosteroid therapy, physical inactivity, diseases that predispose to low bone mass, and conditions increasing the risk of falls. The key drugs and diseases that definitely produce a decrease in bone mineral density (BMD) and/or an increase in fracture rate in men are long-term corticosteroid use, hypogonadism, alcoholism and transplantation. Age-related bone loss may be a result of declining renal function, vitamin D deficiency, increased parathyroid hormone levels, low serum testosterone levels, low calcium intake and absorption. Osteoporosis can be diagnosed on the basis of radiological assessments of bone mass, or clinically when it becomes symptomatic. Various biochemical markers have been related to bone loss in healthy and osteoporotic men. Their use as diagnostic tools, however, needs further investigation. A practical approach would be to consider a bone density more than one SD below the age-matched mean value (Z < -1) as an indication for therapy. The treatment options for men with osteoporosis include agents to influence bone resorption or formation and specific therapy for any underlying pathological condition. Testosterone treatment increases BMD in hypogonadal men, and is most effective in those whose epiphyses have not closed completely. Bisphosphonates are the treatment of choice in idiopathic osteoporosis, with sodium fluoride and anabolic steroids to be used as alternatives.
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

PLEASE COMMENT,THANKS
  24. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi guys
    1-in the renal qs the history was 76 years old man with loin pain+fever+high ESR+Impaired renal function and Hb of 18 the answer is HCC the only possible option that can give secondary polycythemia

2-the psychiatry qs i cant remember but please give a detailed history if possible

3-Guy with hypopitiutrism and osteoporosis give TESTOSTERONE as it is low and it inhibitis bone resorption

4-girl said to commit suicide give TCA

5-old guy with endocarditis its really vague as the history is not complete i cant remember what did i put
  25. Guest

Guest Guest

:lol: COMMENT
    BENZYLPEN AND GENTAMYCIN - ANY CASE OF FEVER AND MURMUR YOU SHOULD SUSPECT INFECTIVE ENDOCARDITIS TILL PROVEN OTHERWISE.FROM THE HISTORY THE PATIENT HAS GOT A BLOOD CULTURE NEGATIVE RESULT INDICATING HACEK ORGANISMS,Q FEVER OR FUNGAL INFS.THEREFORE,WHILE TRYING TO KNOW THE RIGHT ORGANISM IT WILL BE ADVISABLE TO COVER THE PATIENT WITH BENZYLPEN AND GENTAMYCIN.
  26. Guest

Guest Guest

I REMEMBER THERE WERE TWO QS-OF HAEMATOLOGY.
    1---PRIMARY POLYCYTHAEMIA
    2-SECONDARY POLYCYTHAEMIA
  27. results coming out in 8 hours time!!

good luck guys
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

THANKS FOR BEING SO PRECISE,NOW TELL US THE PASS PERCENTAGE AS WELL,SIR/MADAM/INBETWEEN(SORRY I WAS NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT)
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

GUYS,THERE WAS A QS.ON PLEURAL EFFUSION---PLEASE REMIND ME,THANKS
  30. Guest

Guest Guest

COMME ON,WE HAVE NOT DONE ANY POST MORTEM ON NEUROLOGY YET.
  31. Guest

Guest Guest

guys the results will appear on monday by 17:00 pm as mentioned on the website .......stragnge isnt it it should have appeared today
    anuhow lets keep discussing as to gain knowledge
  32. Guest

Guest Guest

THAT IS THE SPIRIT--TAREEK

IF U COULD REMEMBER PLEURAL EFFUSION QS.THANKS
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

EVERYBODY,HAVE A NICE WEEKEND
  34. anna swan

anna swan Guest

2 frightened

hey is results out on monday jan 8th?
    to scared to check
    its not out today right?

anna
  35. coming out on sunday apparently
  36. anna swan

anna swan Guest

the male sea lion

the answer is continue to monitor for the question on infective endocarditis
    with 2 negative bld culture as there is no urgency to treat

didier drogba, the english plays football on sunday so results thank god
    comes out on monday jan 8 th at 1700hrs as tareekdeema says

at least my sunday will not be ruined now

good luck to all
  37. Michela

Michela Guest

Oh, its got to be Monday. Can't imagine them working on the website on Sunday.
    Anyways, good luck everybody!
    They managed to ruin the weekend.
  38. the measure of a man

hahaaha u crack me up michela
    good luck everyone!
    lets just enjoy one more day of absolute bliss of not knowing
    ignorance is heaven sometimes
    hell is when reality comes crashing down
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

the results are already on the net
  40. kaa

kaa Guest

TILL NOW RESULT NOT READY ON NET
  41. Michela

Michela Guest

Whaddya mean trying to scare us like that mate? Its on the the mrcp site for tomorrow.
    Ok all, ignorance is bliss. Good lets not scare each other.

:evil:
  42. Michela

Michela Guest

to Danny

Hey Danny

hope u enjoyed ur day of absolute bliss... u r right, reality is looming large.
    Along with that queasy feeling pervading the entrails.

To pass or not to pass... :cry:
  43. Guest

Guest Guest

READY FOR ANOTHER QS ?
  44. Guest

Guest Guest

:lol:
    YES,GIVE MORE QS.
  45. i ate

dear michela

i'm quaking in my skin now
    but i did have a good weekend
    i chased my butterflies in me stomach away by going to a buffet dinner and swallowing heaps of sea-food on sunday

how wuz ur weekend?

good luck!
  46. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Guys,

Inshallahuta'la the results are going to be posted on website today.

Good Luck to you all and all of us.

May Allah give us all a great success in MRCP part 2 exam
    -Aameen ya Allah Aameen.
  47. results

results Guest

results!!!!! out?
  48. Guest

Guest Guest

U ANNA,MICHAELA AND DANNY BEST OF LUCK.U HAVE ENJOYED WEB CHATTING IN THE LAST FEW DAY.HOPE EVERY BODY IS CALM.BEST OF LUCK.---ONCE IT IS ALL OVER MORE QS,--- I WILL BE NEEDING IT ANYWAY.
  49. anna swan

anna swan Guest

good luck GUEST

hi guest i juz checked the website and the results are still not posted yet
    but yes good luck to you too!

by GOD's grace let us pass the exam then!

cheerios!

anna
  50. Guest

Guest Guest