passed 1st part by score 81%

Discussion in 'MRCS Forum' started by peter, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter

peter Guest

go0od day everbody , my name is peter 26 ys old , passed mrcs by score 360 over 444 last september and here is some good hents about the exam
    all u want is to pass so we r not aiming to study from big sources so here are the books i used to study ...
    BRS in physiology
    smiddy MCQ pathology + raftery basic science for surgeons 1st 7 chapters (don't go deeper in raftery)
    harold Ellis anatomy and any good pics from any source
    core for mrcs book is very go0od so make sure that u read it carfully
    if u have good time u can solve mcqs of old style (10 years ago., i was luckyto have 6 books old style but to tell u the truth it is just helped me if we can say by 2 % i mean without them i would have taken 79% so it may be not suitable if u don't have much times ,
    pastest are very important ( solve 1st pastest in categories then pastest the older one and if u have time solve the pastet complete tests ..
    MCQS for MRCS book is good too
    here are some hints about the way of studing
    4 months will be suffecient alhough i know ppl studied fro just 1,5 months and passed
    so here is the plan u can spend just one month in pure studing all the curriculum must be finished by the end of 1 month
    then in the 2nd month study again what u have studied and solve questions by categories
    3thd and 4th month are pure solving questions
    as much as u solve as much as u will get in the exam
    so spending 70% of the time solving questions is better than studing the same time ..
    i 've registered to a good site on the net with 5 of my friends so if u can find some friends and try to register with them and divide the time .. i will not be costy at all and it is usful too for part 1 and 2
    and last of all i've made 30 papers containing bullets concerning the unusual notices during solving the old style and net questions .. it is very suffiecient to read in just 2 days so u can save alot of time and will not cost u alot of money if anyone interested leave ur mail in the forum and i will contact u
    take care and remember u have good time but u shuold start as early as possible
  2. Masoud

Masoud Guest

hi peter:
    thank you for your points.
    It is very kind of you to contact me mabutorabi@yahoo.com
    best regards,
    masoud
  3. gnabankur

gnabankur Guest

Thanks Peter. I shall be grateful if u please esnd me the notes in my email address gnabankur@hotmail.com
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Congrats and thanks Pete!!
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

...the guest above is me...I dunno how I logged myself out..!! :? :lol:
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks peter.i want to study.do we actuall have to read lasts anatomy,ganong for physiology,and robbins for pathology.i m planning to buy applied basic sciences by raftery,mrcs core modules and systemic modules and brs for physiology.kindly get it touch on my email
    np_1977@rediffmail.com.waiting for your reply
  7. Shakib

Shakib Guest

8. Guest

Guest Guest

your advice

Hi.I am appearing for MRCS1 on 14 Jan,2005.Can u guide me as to how many porportion are Anatomy,Physiology and Pathology questions?Like we should give more stress to which subject?
    Thanks.
    Sarang.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

...waiting.... :eek: :eek:
  10. ahmad helmi

ahmad helmi Guest

appriciate it

thank you for the encouraging advise
    you are the first 100% optimistic person on this forum.
    please send me at ahmadhelmimrcog1@hotmail.com
    thank you in advance.
    ahmad
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

....still waiting....!! :cry:
  12. Mak

Mak Guest

13. sanjeeru

sanjeeru Guest

dear peter,
    i also cleared part 1 in sept. but how did you come to know of your score. they refused to tell the score to me.
  14. shekhar93

shekhar93 Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.