Passed MRCS part 2 (september 2008

Discussion in 'MRCS Forum' started by Vikk., Sep 30, 2008.

1. Vikk.

Vikk. Guest

Passed MRCS part 2 (september 2008

HI GUYS
    I passed MRCS part2.Just got my results.
    I would like to leave some notes here about my preparation.I work full time and also practice in private so i could not make much time for preparation.I was able to read only 3-4 hours everyday.I started my preparation 4 months ago.I did not read in details any text book.I very carefully studied Pass test books 1 and 2.And also read some topics from Bailey and Loves Short Practice of Surgery.I collected all the extended matching question papers available in the market here (8 books).I solved those and then i revised the topics in which i was weak from Passtest books again.It would be even better if i could practice online.There are some good websites.But i could not afford them so i keep practicing on my own.
    I would like to mention here another important thing Part2 is clinical and only clinical oriented questions are given.another thing is you have to give importance to all the chapters equally.Like cardiothorasic surgery,urology,Paediatrics ,endocrine and breast surgery,orthopaedics and traumatology,abdominal surgery everything is equally important.and ofcourse dont forget to read SKIN and anaesthesiology(medications are very important,uses,doses and side effects) and also basic principle of surgery.I felt all are nicely covered in Passtest books.
    Anyone who needs help is free to ask me anything...
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear colleague
    Would u plz tell me which 8 EMQs books you have read ?
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Forget to say that I have just passed MRCS 1, I got the results 2 days ago
  4. Vikk.

Vikk. Guest

I saw the results on website.I appeared from Royal College of England.I still didnt get the letter with marks...Will let you know when i get it..And no idea about results of Glasgow.
  5. Vikk.

Vikk. Guest

the 8 books are practice books with extended matching questions.those are available in paper backs here..did u sit for part 1 or part 2?yes orthopaedics and acid base balance is very important.few questions with interpretation of acid base balance are always given.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

i had completed mbbs, and iwanted to do mrcs.
    what is the future of mrcs in india

thanks
  7. uk doctor

uk doctor Guest

No use if u do MRCS from India

Hi guys,
    I have Basic Surgical training from U.K and Passed MRCS in JUNE07. MRCS alone for indian trainees is waste of money and time. MRCS should be supported by CCBST(Certificate of completion of Basic Surgical training) .Royal colleges are cashing indian trainees weakness. If you haven,t got uk training don,t do MRCS............Just a waste. Beware.
  8. uk doctor

uk doctor Guest

Intercollegiate MRCS is not a qualification on its own unless you have UK training and had obtained CCBST(Certificate of Completion of Basic Surgical Training). Cheers Guys
  9. uk doctor

uk doctor Guest

The most silly thing is Indian Chapter of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh is feeling justifiably proud for just conducting MRCS exams but not caring about future of these doctors.
    The president himself doesn't know that in UK, CCBST is a must to progess to higher training( MRCS is only valid with CCBST). His paper statement(HINDU) has sent wrong message to Indian Media that MRCS is not a qualification.
    Friends, Intercollegiate MRCS is Surgical diploma and should be supported by CCBST to be valued. So please don't waste your time and feeds these people. If ur not UK trained don't do MRCS.
  10. uk doctor

uk doctor Guest

From chairman's letter, Indian chapter Royal college surgeons:
    The New Intercollegiate MRCS Examination

"Lately however some issues have cropped up due to changes in MRCS Examination eligibility requirement, which are matter of concern to us. The de-linking of Basic Surgical Training requirement which was a mandatory requirement to sit for MRCS Examination, as in the past, from the new Inter collegiate MRCS Examination and also de-linking the BSS Course which was a mandatory requirement as in past, has created many problems. As a result, many candidates in India are taking the examination, without any Basic Surgical Training, and thus creating a high percentage of failure rates (In the recent IMRCS Examination conducted by the English College in Kolkata, only 3 out of 58 who appeared!! Out of 3, 2 were from UK, who had done their BST in UK!!)
    Worse, it also exposes our College to unnecessary criticism that the College is only interested in holding examinations. For UK graduates, this is not a problem, as IMRCS is considered as an entry examination and that though de-linked from BST, one has to complete BST (Basic Surgical Training) and also BSS, before one can enter Higher Surgical Training, for four years.
    No such mechanism exists, here in India. There is a danger, that with only MRCS diploma, with no scope for higher surgical training either here in India or in UK (with the present work permit requirement), the candidate is left at limbo and at worse, start practicing surgery in rural India"
    REMEMBER, with out CCBST your MRCS is not valid. These people are promoting exams for revenue. You waste your career . don't get cheated
  11. dr. mustafa

dr. mustafa Guest

would u plz tell me what r the topics the should be studied in bailey and love for mrcs 2?? thnx
  12. hi

Hi.
    I am senthil kumar. I have passed my part 1. I am planning to take up part 2. I am hvae no idea of what to read . Kindly help me know.

dr_senthilkumar_ms@yahoo.co.in