Procedure for Medical PG in Canada?

Discussion in 'PG Entrance Message Board' started by meenal, Nov 25, 2011.

1. meenal

meenal Guest

Sender: AA

I am a student from India, has completed my MBBS and want to pursue my postgraduation in surgery from Canada. So can somebody please answer my few queries -

1- What is the complete procedure for selection. What tests are required like TOFEL, IELTS etc. for english speaking and medical tests like plab, usmle etc. All exams from A-Z???

2 -What are the name of degrees I will be getting (ex- M.S./M.ch etc)and the duration of the course??

3- Are these courses recognized in India and are these degrees contain any value in India(as M.ch or D.M. are given huge importance in India, so is it same with this degree)??

4- What is the Fee structure and the salary I might be getting at various stages of the training??

5- What are the work schedule for the doctors (Work Hours/per week, holidays etc.)

5- What are the names of the college that offer these courses and if I clear the Exam what is the procedure to select the college(is it your choice or given randomly or based on your scores.)??

6- What are the chances of passing the required exam for an Indian??

If somebody can answers these questions with there personal experiences it would be really helpful..

Thanks a lot in advance..