Recall From MRCP part 1 sept /2010

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by asya, Sep 22, 2010.

1. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

Dear AY and asya
    First of all don’t get depressed.. think positive.. and seek help of allah…
    What I did was I registerd all the three online sites(passmedicine, pastest,and on ecamination).
    First I completed passmedicine (done all questions) so that you will get access to the notes and key points. I took print out of all the notes.of passmedicine.. kept as files..
    Second I went through the video and audio lectures (including the podcasts)from pastest. And prepared nots while listening to it..
    Then done around 3000 questions from pastest(I couldn’t complete the whole 4000 question as I didn’t get time)
    Finally I did the whole questions in on examination.(only BOF)
    Now the details about each…
    You don’t need to do the whole questions from passmedicine taking much time (just do it fast not looking in to the options …then the notes will be open for reference. (be caz from my experience pass medicine notes are those important than the questions.)
    You should study the notes of passmedicine in depth (don’t miss any thing)
    All the recent guidelines are given in passmedicine notes..
    And about pastest … in my experience the lectures are very helpful
    If you listen to the whole lectures you will defenitly be able to differentiate between the different causes for a single condition (for example a stem with inceased calcium.. you will be able to differentiate primary hyperparathyroidism,hypervitaminosis D,secondary hyperparathyroidism(like ectopic sourse rPTH from lung cancer)and tertiary causes..
    Similarly decreased calcium like primary hypo parathyroidism,vitamin D deficiency,secondary hypoparathyroidism and tertiary hypoparathyroidsm etc
    Another example is you will be able to differentiate between psychogenic polydypsia SIADH cranial and nephrogenic diabetes incipedus..
    So I found the lectures very useful . I prepared notes of all areas which I did not know in details
    But did not find the questions of passmedicine much usefull(but ofcoures the guessing power will defenitly improve if you do pastest questions..
    Finally I did the whole on examination question (with passmedicine and pastest lectures being done you will find it easier to do on examination question..
    But do keep making notes where you daont have much ideas..
    And few days befor the exams just study your own notes that you have prepared …
    Just three four days prior to exams keep writing mok exams in both on examination and pastest
    ( I could score around 78% in on examination mok exams and only 63% in pastest mok exams)
    This is how I did
    Thank you all
    And best of luck to all who are going to appear next time

dear asya and AY you can contact me in my e mail any time i will be happy to assist you
    drshaheerkodur@gmail dot com
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

urgently tell me what is "Overall Scaled Score" is it my score
  3. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

I paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassed
    please I am Guest above is it Overall Scaled Score my score please urgently reply please
  4. Guest 2009

Guest 2009 Guest

Salaam everyone. Firstly thank you to Dr Shahi and all those who have helped on this site over the past stressful month. This is an excellent site which is beneficial for all those wanting success.

I'm a UK graduate who graduated 12 months ago and Allahamdullah I passed first time round. Before going into details of how to prepare, just a couple of points. Firstly, these exams do not really test knowledge, they are only hurdles which we all have to pass to progress further in training. There are many ppl far more competent than myself who have failed. I was a very avg student in medical school and my uncle who is a renowned gastroenterologist in Ireland passed part 1 on his fourth attempt. He just told me over the phone that those repeating these exams will become better doctors which I completely agree.

I want to give sincere advice as I wish for all my bros and sis what I wish for myself. In the UK 50% ppl pass on each sitting and I spent alot of time to gather the correct advice.

Firstly do not read Kalra - this should only be used as a reference book. Although a very good book it will not help significantly as MRCP 1 questions are very random and do not test our knowledge to the full potential. No doubt Kalra will help in your knowledge but will not help in answering questions set by RCP.

As Dr Shahi said, make sure you complete passmedicine which is an excellent site and give gr8 notes. However, the questions are not the same as in the exam. Passmedicine will improve your knowledge and therefore go through the questions followed by repeating all questions you've got wrong. Go over the notes atleast twice.

Finally onexamination is a must. In this Sept diet, there were many q's repeated from onexamination. The q's are the same style as that encountered in the exam. Do all the 2000 q's twice.

I have just realised that MRCPASS has past paper q's. I did not use MRCPASS but would have had I known. Only do past paper q's and make notes.

This is the way many of us in the UK prepare. Majority of us don't read Kalra. Most important of all make dua. I would be more than happy in helping further. Waslaam.
  5. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

yes the overall scaled score is your score
  6. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

THANKS A LOT DR.SHAHIOOOO. VERY VERY DEPRESSING..???
  7. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

dear asya, are u planning of giving the exam in jan..??
  8. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

this was my first attempt. i gave in chennai, india
  9. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Yes this is me Barwari Yes I did it,,,"Alhamdulillih rab alaalamin"
    I paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassed
    I paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassed
    I am the Guest who asked about Overall Scaled Score
    As I promised all dear brothers and sisters here previously that I will put my exact score here in this forum now it is the time to put it
    This what I found in my MRCP Exam history

Application Date: 18-Jun-2010
    Application Status: Results Released What's this?

Examination Type: Part 1
    Examination Diet: 2010/03
    Examination Number: ?????
    Examination Date: 21/09/2010
    Admin Office: Overseas Examinations Office

Publish results on website: Yes
    Exam Fee Paid: £ 536.00
    Payment Method: Credit Card
    Examination Venue: Iraq - Baghdad
    Overall Grade: Pass
    Overall Scaled Score: 800.00
    Pass Score: 521.00
  10. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Congratulations for all who pass shez,shahi,tatta, sim10, guest007, dr.tamer, MRCP Sep 10, mrcp-4, leslie_tjong
    I am so sorry for those who do not pass "ALLAh" with them dr A Y, asya
    Excuse me all brothers and sisters I think it is the time for me to Laugh not on anybody as someone did it on me previously but I am very happy you know why because
    This is my first attempt to do MRCP exam as it is for the first time to be done in IRAQ,,,,,secondly Allah was mercy with me you know how I was in stress before the exam as I did it in British Embassy in Baghdad after passing many many military check points on the morning of the exam it took more than 90 minutes checking so I was in severe stress and ask ALLAH to help me
    All this from Allah
  11. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

i did bof from 1 2 3 d oc .c o m
  12. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

dear AY dont get depressed after all this your fist chance..
    you will defenitly pass next time insha allah
  13. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Dear dr A Y and asya,,,,,,,,,Really as I am very happy for passing this exam I am very sorry for you,,,I will tell how I preparard for this exam inshaallah in next reply you may get benefit ,,,,anyhow this exam was taugh, Tricky, does not mean any defect in knowlege but how to apply it during the exam,,,,Exam need you to be accurate+rapid response many qustions I am sure you know the correct answer if you do it outside exam but because of stress and limiting time may give wrong answer any how I will put my strategy for preparation inshaallah you and others may get benefit from it,,,,,,,,,I ask others also to discuss for the best way for preparation
  14. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Dear shahi I am very very happy for your success accept my deep and warm congratulations to you hope more success,,,,, you was very active member in this forum and thnks for your reply about my question "overall scaled score"
  15. Hafida

Hafida Guest

mashaAllah

800/800
    mashaAllah Barawari
    can you summurize ur trial?
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

asya

thanks dr_shahii very much for ur replaya nd support and sharing experiance
    dr.albrwarai..cong and thanks

maryomaa
    i m not changing my carreer .medicne is my life
    and im in my 3rd yrof int med training program (im in ksa)

dr. A Y

i think i should appear in jan but im not sure coz i have my local exam on 13-12 and really i dont know what shall i do

dr_shahii i will add u to my acount list and thanks alot for offering help

pleas all we need ur support and help
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

asya

thanks guest 2009 for ur repaly,nice word and comment
    keep praying for us
  18. Shez

Shez Guest

to those who didnt pass please do not dispair. i am a UK graduate and was sitting this for the third time. there are lots of us here who take a few attempts to get through. its hard to study and maintain a full time job - at least i find this. i did passmedicine and on examination and watched the videos on past test (these are great much better than i thought they would be)..... what i did different the 3rd time from the first 2 attempts was giving myself more time to study.... if you start now and do a small amount every day (not too much as you will burn out!) you will get through i am 100% sure of this fact!

thanks all x
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

asya

mareooma
    and dr AY

i think we should start an new subject fro prepairing for jan or to contact through email..yahoo..hotmail..or skypye
    any thing
    if u are ready we can start

i think we should get over our failer and start seriously
    time wont wait for us
  20. Guest 123

Guest 123 Guest

Assalam o elikum.. I was a silent and occasional observer on this form....ALhamdolillah I passed first attempt........just i guesss....scored 578....Please dont get disheartened who did not pass as Allah is the only one who knows the best for you.....i want to share my experience, it might be helpful for some of you...
    I am a general physician and have a full time job...and only prepared for two and half months....

1. I went through Karla once properly......not much useful I guess can be used as reference...as it lacks specially the new guide lines.

2. What i did was, as I was not getting the hang of Karla and wanted to retain at least something I did Pass medicine twice ...with reasoning every time.I would say i did pass medicine thrice as i revised all the important topics notes in last four days as well and I believe that the whole paper revolves around pass medicine and its explanation...

3. on examination twice...once with reasoning and second time only those questions which I had done wrong the first time.

4.These were the only things i did i guess and yes one thing more....LOTS AND LOTS OF DUA AND PRAYERS from ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY.

JAzakAllah to all of you who contributed for this marvelous forum
  21. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

ya dear asya.. its getting so difficult to get over this failure..
  22. kamz

kamz Guest

pass

Hi all i have passed by the grace of Allah and prayers of my parents.
    this was my second attempt. first was in may 2010 and i scored 509 then, before that i had never tasted failure in my life in any exams and that shattered me but i didnt give up and this time ive scored 734 marks with little extra preparation. I used passtest website first time which is very thorough and has very long explanations and difficult question themes as well. I would not recommend it for some one who does not have long time to prepare because i olny did around 3000 questions and beleive me i did not revise and was exhausted after doing passtest. It is a difficult site. Next time I only did onexamination and i didnt do that fully either but its a much more easier format short but relevant explanations and more so easy to complete in 3 weeks if u give a deveoted time. I never read any text book no karla. I also feel there is a luck element in this very difficult exam you can pinpoint 2 options but which one RCP want you are not sure. So to all my friends who didnt make it this time relax for a week and do simple things do onexamination questions and if you get time passtest. I do recomnmend the video lectures on passtest are really superb.
  23. MdKhan

MdKhan Guest

As I posted earlier, I have passed with a score of 710. This was my second attempt. I found it important to discuss some of my experiences for those who didn’t succeed and especially who are having repeated attempts with no big change in score like that of Asya.

I passed USMLE step 1 and step 2 long ago from USA, each in single attempt and I am an ECFMG (USA) certified IMG. First time I appeared in MRCP (UK) in Jan 2010 from Riyadh center and failed badly with a frail score of just 406! But in the very next attempt in Sep 2010 I jumped more than 300 points. I skipped ‘May’ diet and studied with full concentration from 4-12 hours each day. I went through full course of Passmedicine, BOF of Onexamination, free podcasts of Pastest and free 529 questions from MRCPass. Kalra I read basically once but looked into important topics several times. So what boosted my score?

1. Take enough time for preparation before appearing next time, skip a diet if necessary.
    2. Study with deep concentration, best suggested by Shahi and other colleagues
    3. **Try to understand ‘British nuance’ in question words what, I failed to appreciate on my first attempt.

Again I congratulate those who have passed and best wishes for next time candidates.
  24. sim10

sim10 Guest

in my first attempt, I did not subscribe to any online website...

2nd attempt, subscribed to onexam and passmed

3rd attempt, I subscribed to pastest and revised onexam and passmed again.... The key point is keep on doing questions and revised around the area. No doubt, need to understand the points and not just merely 'memorising' answers.
  25. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

so shall i subscribe pastest or onexam.. please tell me.. i have done my MD internal medicine in India.. this is my first failure.. i cannot explain my depression.. so depressing it is.. seriously.
  26. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

i have scored 509 this time.. i had no guidance. had subscribed 1 2 3 d oc last time.. which didnt help me at all...
  27. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

this was my first attempt.. very very depressing i tell u..
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

:oops: i pass with score of 548 only, i am happy b/c i pass the exam but i am depressed for my score , i feel that i did bad,,,, i do not know if i am fit to prepare for part 2, any one can help me?? :?:
  29. mrcp-4

mrcp-4 Guest

dear guest,
    score doesnt matter in mrcp or other post graduation exams...u can see many who passed frst part in multiple trials but paseed 2nd part & PACES in single attempt!!so belive in ALLAH N YOURSELF.
  30. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

Dear AY AND asya..
    from all the above post you will know better how to prepare
    as all of them said
    the time is an important factor
    i am working in abudhabi...(i am from india(kerala)..)
    i have got 8 hrs duty (9-1 in the morning and 4-9in the evenig) so i found it very dificult to cop up with studies
    so what i did was i took my anual vecation just imonth prior to exam (fron 22nd august to september21st) but did not go for vacation to india..
    i spent the whole month here in abudhabi for preperation
    (i have a small kid 3yrs old .. so atleast some of you will know how difficult will be the studies if you have your kid with you...)
    so time a very imoprtant factor...
    belive me ... still i couldnt comlete the whole pastest question (i done only 3000 from that) i found it very exhasting..(pastest question)
    but the lectures are of great help..
    so i will advise Asya and AY to listen to the lecture of pastest
    and do the whole on examination.(BOF). (please do reasoning)
    when you do questions.. dont just do the question and go..
    each question you have to see why that question is correct and the athers are not....
    and passmedicine you go through the notes if possible print them out and keep as files (the nots are given in alphabetic order in passmedicine...
    so easy to refer...
    ans please do prepare notes of what ever come confusing while you do question and listening to the lectures... this will be more than enough
    AY dont get deppressed you will get through next time ....
    Asya.. I think Time is the Main factor with you..
    try to get a vacation just prior to your exam .... (at least a month)
  31. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

asya
    i had worked in saudi arabia (in a private poly clinic (al abeer medical center) for tree years 2006-2009.
    happy to know that you are from saudi.
  32. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

thanks Dr. shahiooo
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

dear MRCP-4
    thanks for your support
    but i lost the confidence because i have low score ( that means i did not prepare well) :roll:
  34. Guest

Guest Guest

asya

dr_shahii

tahnks alot for your advice an dsupport
    i have added u to my gmail
    actually i ahve same prob as u
    im in training program ,so plus teh usual day hr ,i have duties and clincs to cover ,in pta nd out pt
    its really exuasted
    but still i did onexamination all BOF and passmedicne twice!!!!! and i printed the note
    i think my main prob is in basic or as u r saying i just answer the q and only read the notes of uncorrected q
    please al keep intouch

DR AY
    i decide to enter in may
  35. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

dear asya
    even i decide to enter in may
  36. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

dear asya
    we shall start studying from now... it should by any chance should not miss in may.. we will pass.. we will discuss now and then.. my e mail id anand_yuvaraj@yahoo.in..
  37. Guest

Guest Guest

Guess

My preparation for part I:
    3/12 extensive and wide reading in various monographs:
    The most important monograph to combat the discriminative question is Medicine for examination by P.Epstein. After read the dull reading, then I step down to Kalra revision, Update for MRCP I, Rapid Medicine, and finally enter the mock exam: Sanjay Sarma "Revision for MRCP Part 1", and MCQ for MRCP Part 1. If you still have time, I will advice you to read "Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine". After 3/12 extensive monograph reading, then I enter to 3/12 online revisions. I used onexamination.com (the most suggested one), 123doc.com and passmedicine.com. Of course I balance the reading with the wide clinical experience in ward and private practice, discussion with colleagues,&attending various Round Table Discussions.And the most over important, I pray to the Lord God. I believe without Him, I can't pass this exam. My target is just 521, because I worry about equality system, but He gave me 770. Oh marvelous God.
  38. you dont need to read studies etc guys the reason for this is that passmedicinde answers and notes have all the recent information so i dont agree with leslie tjoing we know you got a good score well dun but you way isnt necessarily corrce. brother bawari scores 800 and shez 661 and shahi over 600.... they did not profess to reading monographs. so back off biatch.....
  39. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

dear lislie its great that you have worked hard on the exam... and you have a lot of clinical experience ...
    but i dont thing a wide reading is necessary to pass the exam ..
    i didn't even read the kalra..
    just done on examination pastest and passmedicine..
    ther are the three site which will make you pass...

i know that many of the members have done these site but was unable to pass.. the problem there is the way they are using the site..
    if just do the question(more and more numbers) and memorizing the answers will not help..
    instead doing each question with reasoning(why the answer is correct and why other options are not..)
    and preparing notes of areas which you dont know(no need to refer big test books for tht.. the explanation from the sites itself will help in making note for most areas..(especially passmedicine and pastest..)
    i shall post some of my notes (only the themes.. but you have to prepare notes on that ..(i will be happy if any body get help out of that)
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree if people who don't have enough time to review please liaise to online revision site like onexamination, passmedicine&pasttest. BTW how is preparation for part 2A. Are there any good suggestions??
  41. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Dear all "Alsalam u alaikum"
    I will put here notes how I prepared for this Exam,,,,it was my first attempt
    I started preparation at end of May after knowing that MRCP Part 1 will be done in Baghdad for the first time
    1. Depend on Allah and trust yourself,,,,,,believe me even if you are very well prepared but had no trust on yourself you will give many wrong answers while actually you know the correct answers
    2. you should have good basic informations about each topics so if the topic is new for you try to read it in reference "not in details" but should know what is going on,,,I read Davidson as reference "NOT oxford or kumar" but you can use them this depend on your preference,,,,but remember this only for first line preparation when you study BOF
    3. The corner stone material for passing MRCP Part 1 is OnEmamination website it is Excellent reliable update and reflecting the real BOF of the Exam,,,,I subscribed to it 2 months before Exam,,,Try to read systematically system by system and try to make you own summary try to copy and paste important notes in special document for final Revision before exam
    4. Remember Revision Revision Revision Revision is the most important thing in preparation it is not important how much you have studied but the important is how much you remember and the only way is revision,,,,I did onexamination 3 times"if you can do more it is of great benefit" and studied my own notes before Exam 2 times
    5. I recommend onexamination as first priority "must have the updated one" you can share with each other if it is expensive,,, as believe me many questions in the exam were copy and paste from onexamination and other questions of similar history but in different way and if you MASTER onexamination you can answer many questions even not present in onexamination
    6. when you study BOF from onexamination try to spend time to know why this is the answer,,,,,and read the excellent and reliable explanation for each question and try to copy and save important your notes
    7. In onexamination there is Mock exam of previous past papers it is of great benefit try to MASTER them,,,,,yes many of them will be repeated in same or similar way
    8. Passmedicine,,,,I did not applied and read it because of limiting time, BUT as many dear friends here and others recommend it,,,I think the explanation of it is very important as I have seen some of BOFs,,,honestly the real exam give you a history 2-3 or more lines but in Passmedicine the history is very short not like that of real exam,,,,,Any how Do it and do not forget Revision Revision Revision and copy and save important notes in your own document for each system
    9. I did pastest of old version 2005 "half of them",,,,,,,,,BUT Please DO NOT DO it,,,very difficult and very faraway from real exam,,,,,even it may confuse you "this is my own opinion" others may have another
    10. I did Masterclass of old version 2005 "half of them",,,,,,,,,BUT Please DO NOT DO it,,,it does not reflect the real exam
    11. I did some mrcpass BOF,,,,they are of benefit Do it if you have time
    12. I saw some BOFs from 123doc really I DO NOT Recommend it even I have seen some wrong answers given by it of similar question in onexamination
    13. I read BNF as it is the reliable source for RCP regarding pharmacology "as I had previously said in this forum" Please read the important Topics,,,the beginning of each topic there is short explanation try to copy and paste them if you have the electronic version
    14. I read the most important updated NICE guidelines as it the reliable and dependent source for update management for RCP,,,,Do NOT read the whole document only read "Key priority" and concentrate on diagram and pathway,,,as RCP love it and I remember 3-4 questions came from the updated guidelines not present in onexamination "you remember the cinacalcet and the patient of LBBB and I am sure the answer was Imaging study and if had not read this guideline you will not be able to answer it even if you are cardiologist as it is UPDATED
    15. Books of BOF,,,,,,,,I had more than 10 one but believe me no one of them give me benefit only losing money,,,,,,,,,,,of course if you have time you can read them but remember the strategy is to remember them and how to do it is only by Revision so when you will do Revision?? Any thing you read if do not revise you will forget it
    16. Kalra I had it,,,,BUT Really I do not recommend it as many systems are very poorly put,,,see Psychiatry "no relation to real exam", Pharmacology very limited, Genetic too much and give NO benefit in exam , Other systems Except statistics and immunology I think it is a very poor book "this is my own opinion" so give your time for BOFs onexamination and passmedicine mrcpass
    17. The Time is the most important factor I have full time work,,,,,when I decided to do exam I took vacation and completely free for studying for 45 days from beginning of August,,,, NO Other work Except preparation,,,,,,,,of course I read some materials from May till August but were with work
    Do not worry if you organize your time it is enough

Dear all I am sorry for this details but really this was what I did,,,,,in next Reply I will try to put my strategy for answering questions during examination InshaALLAH

YOUR brother
    Barwari
  42. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

please anybody help me... i have exactly 3 months to go... which online should i take... pastest or onexamination or both..
    please suggest...
  43. Guest 2009

Guest 2009 Guest

Dray, read my revision advice. Definately go for onexamination 100%.
  44. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

Heamo phelia and von williband d/s how to differentiate (both with symptoms and with investigatons)
    Felty’s syndrome and rheumatoid arthritis
    Henosch-scholin purpura—clinical presentation--(purpuric rash distribution +marro suppression)
    Tumor markers- ALL
    Prognostic factors of CA breast…
    Imatinib-1st line for Philadelphia chromosome positive CML – mech of action
    Anastrozole and letrozole – in CA breast how act…
    Cyto genetics of different hematological malignancy(different translocations—given in passmedicine)
    And features of each type especiall APML, CML, CLL(presentation of CLL is very freaquently asked)
    ATRA-
    Commonest tumors causing tumore metastasis…
    Anti phospholipid syndrome
    Hodgkins – good and bad prognostic feature(take a note of “B†symptoms)
    Poly cythemia genetics-(de regulation of BCL-X --- and JKA2 mutations)
    Barrets easopagus –carcinoma association
    Methemoglobulineania how to defferntiate using the given values of ABG and PFT
    Riruximab—treatment for non hodgkins(b cell)—act aginst what---
    CLL –most common treatment---what—
    Non hodgkins (b cell)---features like LDH cold agglutinin,fatigue lymphadinopathy…. Etc
    Trastuzumab---in hibit what why associated with cardiac failure
    Ret onco gene Men 2---- details
    MEN1 and MEN 2 a and b how to differentiate—and clinical presentation of each…
    Examble where u get insulinoma where u get zollinger Ellison , wher do you get medullary ca thyroid etc..
    How to differentiate between th e following with given values of PTH,Ca PO4 ,alkaline phosphatase values
    1primary hyper parathyroidism
    2hyper vitaminosis D
    3secondary hyper parathyroidism
    4 tertiary hyper parathyroidism
    5Paget disease
    And also keep a not of how you treat them all (we got around 5- 6 question this time with calcium metabolism if you remember…)
    Differentiate between
    Primary hypo parathyroidism
    Vitamid deficiency
    Renal osteo dystrophy

Hyper lipideamias—type 1 ,2a,2b,3,4,5,
    In each what lipid is excess and what receptor/Apo is deffecient…. And kind of xantho ma is associated
    Which type is associated with pancreatitis.. which is more prone for early MI etc….

Poly urea and polydipsea
    Differentiate between—
    Psychogenic poly dipsea, SIADH, nephrogenic and cranial diabetes insipedus..
    How uo do water deprivatio test and what you do with DDAVP in these conditions..
    Also keep a note of how the serum and urine osmolalities will be like in these conditions
    Conn’s syndrome –how u dignose – features—what is the role of spiranolactoe in this ..
    Rennin angeotension ratio how to do – why should you stop all anti hypertensive treatment for that and how long…which anti hypertensive to be used during that period..
    PCOD while dignosing — how to exclude cushings,congenital adrenal hyperplasia, hyper plrolactineamia,adreanal and obvarian tumors.
    What are the investigation –LH/FHS ratio,sexhormone bindin globulin,prolactine 17OHP and circulating insulin levels,,
    Steroid synthesis--- how aldosteron../cortisole/estorogen etc are produsedrole of 21 hydroxilase and 11 hydoxilase
    What happen id these enzymes are deficient..
    How u interpret thyroid isotop scan
    Defferntiate between MNG, toxic nodule . graves, thyroiditis, sub clinical thyrotoxicosis
    Defferntiate between hypothyroidism ,poor compliance to treatment,thyroiditis, secondary hypothyroidism..

Cushings how u dignose( urinre free cortisole ,over night, low dose, and high dose –what are the role of each of these test..
    What is cusing syndrome how to differentiate with cushings disease..

Hypo gonadism—
    Primary hypo gonadism –And secondary hypogonadism… the valuese of LH ,FHS, estrogen
    Condtion causing them..

Bakgroung and preproliferative and proliferative retinopathy … (finding in retina)—which need immediate treatment..
    How u differentiate between insulinoma and insulin abuse – what is the role of C peptide in this..
    Vipoma—features how you dignose..
    How you dignose Addison—short synachin test… how to do… how interpret…
    Acromagally how u dignose—OGTT+GH level – role of insulin like growth factor…
    Differentiate between conn’s liddle’s, barters, ang gittleman’s--- what is the rennin angeotensin ration in each .. which cause hypo magniseamia.. which cause hyper calcuia.. etc…which is associated with HTN and which is not.
    Carney complex
    Von hipple lindow syndrome
    Waterhouse frederichson syndrome
    Differentiate between—phenylketonuria, alkaptonuria,homocystinuria,maple syrup urine disease
    Calcinuria/cacinosis.
    Marfans syndrome
    All the above note the basic defect feature (take a not of mental retardation , lence dislocation) and how do they present..
    Anorexia nervosa—presentation--- values of FHS,LH,cortisole,gnRH estrogen, thyroxin t3 tsh GH
    Differentiate between..
    Osteolytic secondaries/un complicated osteoporosis/renal osteodistrophy/primary hyper parathyroidism osteo malacia
    Prognostic factors of rheumatoid arthrtitis..
    Differentiate between/RA /OA/Gout?psuedogout/psoriatic arthritis./-(way how each present)
    Anti La,Anti Jo,Anti Ro,----
    C ANCA/P ANCA---
    Anti mitochondrial antibody
    Anticentromere antibody
    Andi cardiolipin antibody
    Scl70
    Differemtiate between. Pulmonary renal syndrome(wegeners/cherstraugs/goodpastures/poly arthiri nodosa/-- how do each present and how you dignose…
    Anterion spino thalamic (pain temperatue)
    And dorsal column (which all conditions they got affected…)
    Wernic leisions features
    Brocas leisinos features
    Duschiens/backers/limb girdle/facio scapula humeral---- differentiate…

Differentiate polumyalgia rhumatica/gaint cell arteritis
    Cryoglobulineia—type 1 type 2type3 features
    Middle cerebral artery in farct ----1superior division 2 inferior division(feature of infarct in both)
    Anterion cerebral artery infarct feature
    Posterior cerebral aterery infarct feature.
    Differentiate between parital /temporal.frontal/occipital/cerebellar in farctoins/
    Internuclear opthalmoplegia—conditions causing site of lesion…features
    Demylinating polynueropathy/ and axonal poly nuropathy(conditions and how to differentiate each condions.

Differentiate between vit b12 def/led neuropathy/CIDP/alcoholic neuropathy/diabetic neuropathy/syryngomylia
    Conditions causing dialated pupil and constricted pupil..
    Differentiate between pyogenic/tubercular viral meningitis
    Causes of upbeat nystagmus and down beat nystagmus
    Causes of pedular/jerky/unilateral/ nystagmus with direction of gaze/nystagmus of abduction(ataxic nystagmus)
    Take note of all the above nystagmus where do the cause…
    Site of leision of chorea/alzhimers/
    Rednucleus lesion –what does it cause..
    Lateral geniculatebody lesion/substansianigra lesion—what does it cause.
    PICA leision feature..
    Frontal lobe syndrome..feature
    Causes of central scotoma
    Causes of tunnel vision
    Tay sach/gauchers/neimanpick/metachromic lucodystrophy/hurlers ---- what enzymes are deficient
    Hyper salivation --what all drugs in over dose cause this
    Qt prolongation drugs
    Sensitivity/specificity/positive predictive value/negative predictive value/ number to treat/
    Pancreas—A cell Bcell,Dcell,Fcell---what do they produce
    Different type of gastroenteritis (type of presentation most important—incubation period—type of food associated.. c/c and a/c diarrheas
    How to differentiate between NASH and alcoholic hepatitis
    Fe/TIBC/ferritin/tranferrin saturation/transferrin--- where these are tested and what will be the results in different conditions(eg fe deficiency .hemochromatosis ect)
    Differentiate between ulcerative colitis and chrons –features investigation finding(including x ray finding --- and associated condition.. treatment
    Non scarring and scarring alopecia—causes
    Differentiate between hypertichosis and hirsuitism—and conditions associated
    Type and characteristics of discharge in trichomonas vagainalis/candia/chlamidia/foringbody/
    Which meningitis contacts need prophylaxis and how you give prophylaxis
    Differentiate beteweem dermatomyositis/polymyositis.
    Differentiate between different bullous /vesicular lesions..
    Pressure volume curve in cardiology what is the significance when shifted to right and when shifted to left
    Similarly oxygen dissociation curve in hematology….
    Conditions causing uppr/lower lobe lung fibrosis(passmedicme has it)
    Differentiate between different genital ulcers…..HSV/syphilis/chanchroid
    Risk of cancer in UC increase by what all ….
    Absolute contraindication for OCP
  45. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

the above wher the difficult areas for me and wher i prepared notes
    i hope the above post may be helpful to atleast some of the membes (the above contains only the areas where i was weak)
    please find out the area where you are weak and prepare note accordingly
  46. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

dear AY i will suggest to to register both...(befor going for on examination finish all the lecture in pastest ans prepare nots then go for on examination
    if you can please read the pass medicine noes also....
  47. Shez

Shez Guest

hi guys. shahi, leslie, barwari and others when are you thinking of part 2?
  48. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Dear shez
    I want to apply for April BUT the problem how I can get visa as I am IRAQI the visa is very difficult for us not for UK but even for other oversease countries like Gulf and Eigypt,,,,,,Oher chance for getting visa is Jordan may be easier than other countries,, but as I checked the dates of Part 2 Exam it will be done in Jordan in July not April,,so I do not know what to do,,,,UK Visa very very difficult,,, I am thinking of India but still not sure if can get visa
  49. mrcp-4

mrcp-4 Guest

i m also interested to appear for july part -2....those who r appearing i m with u brothers....lets start a new thread n discusss suggestions frm where we will start...

Thanks
  50. Guest

Guest Guest

asya

dr.barwari and dr_shahii
    thanks alot for yr adive and support
    this spirt u show indicate how decent and honest personality both of u have
    wish u all the best hope that soon i will hear that u both 2nd part.

dr A Y..please dont be panic
    this is ur 1st attemted can i remind u that was my 6th attempted but still i have faith in allha and i know im good doctor its just a matter of bad luck and bad organization

as i told u im gonna enter in may 2011 inshallha as i have my local exam in dec

if u want to enter in jan u should start by now ,forget about last exam go for pastest,passmedicne note and O/E

that what i intend to do after dec inshallha
    i will add u to my yahoo account wish to be in contact and support each other
    also dr.mareooma in uk???
    i would like to be in contact as i have read u also went for ur 6th trial

no words can express how im thnakful to all who have contrbuit to this fourm
    wish to u all the best of success and luck
    and to who who didn make it this time ..u will inshalhha next time