Recall From MRCP part 1 sept /2010

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by asya, Sep 22, 2010.

1. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

please friends one last question.. i am really confused....

i have a little shortage of money... if i have to go for one online course... please tell me... pastest or onexamination...???????? please ur personal comments..
  2. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

thanks a lot dr.albarwari and Dr.shahioo.. u people r really great to guide me... thanks a lot>>>>????
  3. exam crammer

exam crammer Guest

@ Shez

I am for april 2011 InshaAllah
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

asya

dr AY
    PLEASE ENTER ur email again i tried to add u but it was nt accepted
  5. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

6. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

please tell me PASTEST OR ONEEXAMINATION TO PASS...??????? PLS HELP ME THANX
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

asya

DR AY
    i think if u went for onexamintaion last time and u have limted money u should go for pastest
    r u planning to jan or may??
  8. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

LAST TIME I DID 1 2 3 D O C . C O M... WHICH I FEEL IS ONE OF THE REASONS FOR MY FAILURE.. REALLY CONFUSED NOW WHEN TO WRITE.. MAY WRITE IN JAN AS I FEEL WILL FORGET SOME OF THE THEORY BY MAY...
  9. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

WILL DECIDE WITHIN TOMORROW WHEN TO WRITE..???
  10. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

dear shez i am also there for part 2 April. insha allah....
    and after part 2 to Uk in sha allah for paces....
    shez do you know how candidates in uk prepare for part 2??
    what all sites and book if any??
    kindly give me your advise thank in advance..k
    please keep in touch my email is
    drshaheerkodur@gmaildotcom
  11. albelushi

albelushi Guest

dr Ay,

Don't be so depressed. Look at the ambitions of dr asya. Mashallah

You should buy Onexamination. Com
    Give yourself enough time to complete it atleast 2 times with a good concentration & understanding. For tough and difficult topics you can Consult a good reference book like davidson or kumar or whatever good book which you feel easy to understand.

Collect all the previous exams questions one by one write in a note book. At least collect the last two recent exams.

Believe in yourself and Inshallah you will pass...
  12. albelushi

albelushi Guest

dr asya,

Dr shahi000 and albarwari have given you nice guideline. Yes you have to realize yourself. You have to sort out your own weakness. Take enough time for your preparation. You can take a leave for as long as possible.

Keep up this spirit and never be depressed.

All the big scientists were failed for more than many times before their great historic invention.

You failed six times, and you must have asked for advise for each attemp I am sure. And many advise you according to their own way. And you continued to follow them. But believe me as dr shahi said its you who can decide how to do. So experience is in your hands. Realize your mistakes, weak points and try to do something different with a great effort. My heart says you will pass this 7th attempt.

Because 7 is a lucky number. Its the number of days in a week, number of basic colors.

So inshallah hope to see you pass with flying colors.

Your brother
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

asya

albelushi

thanks alot for ur nice words and support

keep me in yr prayers
    im trying to figure out my weak points and work on it
    thanks alot
  14. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Dear Dr A Y and Asya again I am still Recommendding Onexamination as MUST and second line is passmedicine then pastest vedeo "not BOF" as recommended by shahi although I have no idea about them but do not forget BNF speciaal TOXICOLOGY
    Thanks albelushi for nice and supporting words for asya
    for Onexamination subscription please give me time,,,as I may arrange a subscription and either to put here in the forum or posting to asya or Dr A Y
  15. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

thanks a lot guys...Dr Albarwari,albelushi and Dr.Shahioo and others.. u rpeople r so good people to guide us till our exams..
  16. Shez

Shez Guest

shahi im not sure how best to prepare for part 2. i have seen colleagues use onexamination.i will ask around and email you. im planning to sit in april 2011 too :)

i will keep in touch.
  17. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

I want to ask ThirdYear, Ali weana Ali where are you please reply what happened?????/
  18. DR. Ghareeb

DR. Ghareeb Guest

I pass last part1 (sep 2010) and i think onexamination is the best as pastest hast a very hard question which confuse and depress you

good luck and pray before study and exam. as only Allah can help you
  19. guest007

guest007 Guest

congrats to those who have passed and wish good luck next time for those who couldnt

i passed with a score of 609 with only preparations from passmedicine and some old papers of pastest it depends on time factor as i was working for 12 hours i had little time so i went for passmedicine and 12-15 old exam papers of pastest iam planning to appear part 2 in april 2011 insha allah

dr shahi u worked in al abeer in jeddah previously?????
    any suggestions for part 2 regarding study material??
  20. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

yes guest007
    in al abeer jeddah sharafiyah..
  21. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

yes guest007
    in al abeer jeddah sharafiyah..
  22. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

friends one small doubt.. is it possible to give part 1 in may and ppart 2 in july....?????? please reply...
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

Hiiiiiii

I think the result of MRCP is a big fake during our discussions and after see the true answers from the books and pass medicine and in on examination , I have only 45 wrong answers from 200 and the result is fail no. 1 even I go to exam history on my MRCP PAGE I could not know my score.
  24. Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Guest
    many answers in discussion regarded as true "are wrong" ask Barwari who has the highest score here in this forum for true answers
  25. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

yes you can do part one in may and part two in july
    but time will be limited for preperation (you will roughly get around 38 day for part after part one result...
    so better go for novenber
  26. Shez

Shez Guest

dear guest. there is no need to say the result is fake. the discussions we have had are purely discussions about what we think may be right but no one except the RCP know what the right answers are. relax take a breath and sit it again after preparing thoroughly. i passed on the third attempt you will pass too...
  27. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

we should not blame the results as fake as we have failed.. we should think why we failed and correct on our mistakes.. every one feels during discussions that our mistakes r less;.. i feel the cut off was more even though the paper was difficult...
  28. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

dear Guest I am with shez as our discussion was very useful and I think the result is not fake,,,all of you remember the pseudogout case how we did a very nice and scientific discussion till we reach the final diagnosis,,,remember No body eccept RCP know the wanted answer "I am not saying the true answer as many questions had logical many true answers as all you remember the most common daficeincy in Gastric bypass surgery,,,,I am sure if same questions are given to you outside Exam conditions you will do better,,,the problem during Exam is stress and time factor,,,,and remember that what we had discussed here will remain for other people who will com after us,,,,,,,I followed most discussions of previous diets May, Jan and ther were a very helpful discussion helped me too much and to be more honest I had seen many questions were repeated from previous exam
    Take care and trust yourself again I am sure you will pass do not mind,,,as I said previosly this is only an exam and so what??? and from start if you follow my posts I always dislike to say I will pass or not? how much correct answers I did? The most important thing I was concentrating on discussion to know our mistakes and to get benefit for us and other,,,,one said do not discuss as no benefit and such questions will not be repeated?,,NO I am still saying that many questions are repeated and may be of same or similar way and for us may come in part 2 in another way
    Thanks shez Thanks shahi for the nice discussion
    SALAM for every body
  29. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

yes barwari eventhough the exact question is not repeated, the stem defenitly is repeated in many exams
  30. Big Jim

Big Jim Guest

Congrats to those who passed. Comiserations to those who didn't -- I wish you more success next time.

I passed with 680. Thought I'd share my approach to the exam in the hope that it helps others. I worked (hard) for four weeks after work and on weekends. I did the passmedicine questions twice. I very occasionally dipped into Kalra, but did no other formal reading. I pretty much memorised all the passmedicine questions. I had a free trial on onexamination a couple of days before the exam and scored around 50%! I didn't find the questions very good at all. I can, however, thoroughly recommend passmedicine. It is an awesome site and it's cheap too.

Each individual's approach is different. Do not listen to those who tell you need to read so-and-so book several times -- they may have had to, but you may not.

It's easy for me to say, but I don't know why people put so much emphasis on the exam. It is just that: an exam! What's more you can resit it, so apart from the money and six months of your life, you've not lost much.

I think it's also worth taking things people say on here with a pinch of salt. I cringe every time Leslie Tjong offers words of wisdom. I hope you're not as patronising and obnoxious in real life as you appear on here. You are no better than the rest of us.

Best wishes to all, particlary to you Asya -- you will pass next time. I have faith in you.
  31. Exam Crammer

Exam Crammer Guest

32. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

yes Big Jim, as you said every one has his own way of preparation, as I highly recommended OnExamination because I concentrated on it more and revised it several times,,,you concentrated on passmedicine which is fine and found OnExamination not that much helpful for you "may be for only couple of days as you said" of course I think couple of days is not enough to evaluate a helpful and valuable site like OnExamination ,,,I am with you reading books not much helpful for the Exam like BOF,,,Again I agree with you reading Kalra many times not much helpful like BOF
    Regards
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

I passsssssssssssssssssssed.congratulations for everybody .
    screw Dr.Doctor who said he owns god a pint!!
  34. Guest

Guest Guest

asya

thanks to all who have share on this fourm
    hope u will all pass in yr 2nd part
    and to those who didnt pass.u will next time
    just ahve FAITH
  35. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks to all people who shared and discussed about sep 2010 Part1. this site is really useful. Thank god, passed with score 667. Anyone share about for part2 preparation? which books need to be studied and which website is useful ? thanks in advance
  36. exam crammer

exam crammer Guest

for part2 rapid review by sharma and on examination

good luck
  37. Guest

Guest Guest

exam crammer, thanks for your rapid response. pray for you good luck also. Hope we all will pass with first attempt.
  38. dr A Y

dr A Y Guest

guys me planning of writing again in may... anybody with me...?????
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

yes me too in may inshallha
    hw is every one??
    who passed..r they ready for the 2nd part??
    who failed ready for retrail??
    wish u all best of luck
  40. meerama

meerama Guest

hallo Dr A Y...me too for MAY. I am going to start preparation from end of November. Will subscribe for 6months for passmedicine, pastest and onexamination. From the guidance by people who passed this time we will have to eat,drink and sleep MRCP.
  41. dr_shahi000

dr_shahi000 Guest

hai all,
    just got my result letter..
    from my calculation..
    i got 136 answers correct(score 602)..(it came abot 68% )
    so i think this time exam was a bit tough...
    i calculated the pass mark of 521 for 118-120 corresct answers...
    (this from my calculation from my result letter)
  42. MRCP part 1 score

I also got 603 in exam. From my calculation of result, I correct 136.54 question and it was 68.27%.The forum is great & very helpful. Thank for all friends for their contributions. Good luck for all who are not pass. I am planning to sit part 2 in April. We should start discussion for diet 2011/1 for part 2. See u all.
  43. MRCP part 1

The required number of correct answers should be 117.97 to get a pass score of 521 in diet 2010/3 MRCP part 1 according to my calculation of my detailed results.
  44. guest 2010

guest 2010 Guest

MRCP part1

Good luck to all friends in next exams. See you all for Part 2 in April.
  45. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

still I am waiting my result letter,,,,too much delay why
  46. Dr Albarwari

Dr Albarwari Guest

Dear all
    Today I received my exam result letter
    Best performance were in Cardiology 100% Respiratory 92% hematology 88% Neurology 87% GIT 87% Endocrinology 87% Dermatology 86%Rheumatology 85%
    The worst score was in psychiatry 43%

so forward for part 2 insha allah in April 2011
    I will start preparation insha allah in December

Good luck for all who will appear in January 2011 part 1
    Good luck for all who will appear in April 2011 part 2

See you after April
  47. Jawetz

Jawetz Guest

Reply to ASYA

Gud work ASYA n everybdy..
    DId u pass the exam this time ASYA...
  48. CRAMMER

CRAMMER Guest

Free ways to up your question count

Just thought I'd add that there are a few iphone apps that are free to download, just saw the Reviseaid one and its got about 200 questions -for free!
  49. Sumu

Sumu Guest

How to prepare

Dear friends
    I am new to this link.Want to attempt MRCP .I live in Uk.Which book would be the best one?
  50. Kumar Mongar

Kumar Mongar Guest

Hi all the friends from Forum, we are discussing for MRCP part 2 2011/1 April 6th & 7th exam questions at a MRCP part2 written 6th/7th April Forum. Please come & join, make comments. Miss u all my friends. See u!!!!!!!!! :D