RECALLS FROM 2010/02 11MAY PART1

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by PHD, May 11, 2010.

1. guest 5

guest 5 Guest

we can get an idea of the standard if everyone on the forum (based on the consistent answers given in the forum) give what they reckon by their calculation what their score will be.
    Lets do this please. Try to be as accurate as u can. the more contributions ,the more we can guage the standard. This is the best test to get an average of pass mark.
    let me staret- by my calculations, i think i got 115 correct.
  2. MRCP (UK)

MRCP (UK) Guest

how many correct ans makes score 521?????

For me the exam was hard. But many of my friends as well as most of the people of this forum found it easier!!!!! :? 521 means what? different questions have different score. so anybody making 120 ans correct may not achieve the score, isn't it?
    someone was saying he is going to pass in his very first attempt. Congrats, friend. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME????? Let us pray to the almighty Allah for mercy and his kindness.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

@ DR. H H
    loc was in chair 100%
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

This was my 4th time, I hope I pass this time, I did not count my score this time, I even can not judge my performance.

May Allah pass us all.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

6. DR/ MRCP

DR/ MRCP Guest

but how you are going to calculate !! each q has diiferent degree, by the RCP
    and do you think all answers are correct ??
  7. DR/ MRCP

DR/ MRCP Guest

JUST ALL WE HOPE GOD WILL HELP US .
    AMIIIN
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

when r results released?????????????
  9. guest 5

guest 5 Guest

friday 4 june
    may God help us all to pass.
  10. mansouooor

mansouooor Guest

RESULT

HI ALL,
    I AM THINKING EVERY DAY ABOUT THE RESULT AND THE WAY OF CALCULATION , I THINK THEY MAKE THE PASSMARK LOWER THAN BEFOR
    AND THUS MORE CAN PASS THIS MEDICAL BUZZELS EXAM .
    HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU ALL.. :D
  11. anxious

anxious Guest

Dear mansouooor, is it true that RCP reduces the pass mark? well, what do u think about this term? Wasn't it hard enough to reduce the pass mark?
  12. guest007

guest007 Guest

hi friends

hope we all passss can anybody come with more questions i think more than 180 questions r out and can anybody regroup these questions and explain correct answers.
  13. guest007

guest007 Guest

hi

thyroxine toxicity +asymptomatic=no treatment(Asymptomatic patients should not be treated empirically with beta-blockers from the web)
  14. guest007

guest007 Guest

not leaving the hous+dont wish to see grandchildren=agoraphobia
  15. guest007

guest007 Guest

psuedogout crystals -rhomboid-shaped, weakly positively birefringent crystal
  16. guest007

guest007 Guest

info about psuedoseizure

The term "pseudoseizures" describes events that appear on the surface to be seizures from epilepsy, but in patients who are not epileptic. Instead, these seizures are caused by abnormal psychology and as such are often thought of as a type of conversion disorder. Conversion disorders are conditions in which the patient suffers from symptoms of diseases that he does not actually have.

General Seizure Description

To understand what a pseudoseizure is, it is important to understand the general characteristics of a seizure. Seizures can take many forms, but in general they involve a sudden change in behavior, body function, sensation or movement. Seizures can range from a sudden and involuntary jerking of the limbs to a temporary loss of cognition and "freezing" during activities (known as a partial seizure).
    Pseudoseizures vs. Seizures

The symptoms of a pseudoseizure are very similar to those of an epileptic seizure, except that their origin is psychological, not neurological. One of the characteristics of an epileptic seizure is that there is an abnormal discharge of electricity from the brain during the seizure. There is no such discharge during a pseudoseizure.
    Distinguishing Features

Certain behaviors occur more commonly in pseudoseizures than in epileptic seizures. For example, a person having a pseudoseizure is more likely to bite the tip of her tongue (during a true seizure an epileptic's tongue goes limp and its tip is often inaccessible to her teeth). Other characteristics of a pseudoseizure include the seizure having a gradual onset, its duration lasting for two or more minutes, and the person shutting his eyes during the seizure. Pseduoseizures often involve the person's head moving from side to side, which rarely occurs in epileptic seizures.
  17. guest007

guest007 Guest

exanetide/metfromin ?????/

William Guy Herrington1, 2 and Jeremy B. Levy1

(1) West London Renal and Transplant Centre, Hammersmith Hospital NHS Trust, Ducane Road, London, W12 0HS, UK
    (2) Renal Unit, North Wing, Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, RG1 5AN, UK
    Received: 25 September 2007 Accepted: 10 October 2007 Published online: 27 March 2008

Abstract There is good evidence supporting more extensive use of metformin in type 2 diabetes, in reducing morbidity and mortality. The evidence for a real problem from metformin-induced lactic acidosis is weak, and the risks of alternative agents are often overlooked. We have examined the available data regarding metformin that might cause concern in patients with kidney disease, and find it to be extremely limited. There is no good data on which to offer guidance, but it seems likely that metformin can be used in patients with GFR 60–90 ml/min but at reduced dose at lower levels of GFR, and can probably be safely used at GFRs from 30–60 ml/min but with the same caution as with any renally excreted drug. The risks (often overlooked) and benefits of alternative hypoglycaemic agents should be considered carefully. The overall evidence that metformin causes major harm is poor.
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

@ Guest007,

i remember that the diabetic patient in question also had a weight problem. don't you think that would favor the use of Exenatide rather than metformin?

please discuss :roll:
  19. Iread in mrcp site that result relased after 4 weeks

this mean the date are Fri 11 jun ????????????????
  20. السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
    اخوتي الاطباء توكلوا على الله فان التوفيق من الله وحده
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

@ dr. ahmed hussien

if you go to the exam dates section of the website you will find that the results are released in the week that ends on fri 4/6. i took the exam in january and the results were released after 3 weeks.
  22. user11

user11 Guest

Hey is there someone who registered with MYMRCP on the mrcp website?
    Its just 4 days to results now and there is still no change in the application status..still showing application accepted..i thought it shd be changed to 'results being processed' by now.

Wht do u think? Plz lemme know...
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

@user11

Same in mymrcp, I keep checking although it is still not out.
  24. Guest

Guest Guest

ok, now it says results being processed. the tension is unbelievable :shock:
  25. SilverfoX

SilverfoX Guest

Nervous

Results being processed.

I'm feeling so nervous, I hope I can get through.
  26. Guest

Guest Guest

the time before last, it said results being processed for a couple of days.

I do not know about this time, but that is how it goes
  27. Guest

Guest Guest

yes, they usually release the results on friday at the end of the working day so they don't get overwhelmed with the phone calls until monday. i think the last person leaving the RC on friday presses enter and runs away :lol:
  28. dr_mahmoud

dr_mahmoud Guest

can any body try to apply to 2nd part now and tell us wt is the msge they give to him
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

it says: You are currently awaiting Part 1 results and are therefore not eligible for the 2010/02 Part2 examination.
  30. dr_mahmoud

dr_mahmoud Guest

same msge was shown to me
    any differnt msge to anybody else?
  31. Abo Hamza

Abo Hamza Guest

32. Guest

Guest Guest

you ppl seem 2 be very confident about passing! i.e. trying to apply for part 2 already... i found exam so hard cannot begin to think abt prt 2 yet...
  33. Guest

Guest Guest

well, don't worry about it. no one ever knows if they're going to pass or fail. only God knows, and finding it difficult doesn't mean you will fail. i found it very difficult. just think positively and pray that you pass, and don't forget the rest of us in your prayers :)
  34. guest007

guest007 Guest

its getting very difficult to predict and all r waiting for results i hope we could all pass insha allah

all forum members r desperate and it seems that all will pass hope it includes me as well best of luck for all including me
  35. guest 5

guest 5 Guest

God ,
    please help all who have studied hard to pass this exam which was difficult because many of the answers were so close and it is difficult to know which one the rcp wants.
  36. Guest

Guest Guest

less than 24 hrs till we know. gd luck all. let every1 know how u do....
  37. DR MRCP

DR MRCP Guest

TO ALL WHO WAIT THE RESULT
    ALWAYS THINK THAT THIS EXAM IS MULTICHALLENGE TEST, BUT EVERY THING BY GOD WILL SO KEEP THIS IN HEART, IF SUCCESS ALLHMDULLAH IF NOT THIS WOULD THE BEST FOR OTHER TRIAL AND NO BODY KNOW WHERE THE BEST IS ONLY GOD.
  38. Guest

Guest Guest

i hope we all pass .it is my second attemp what about all of u?
  39. asya

asya Guest

thanks DRMRCP for yr words
    this is my 5th time:(
    and really i dont know what shall i do if i failed:(
    hope for the best to all of u
    may allha be with all of us
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

this is my second attempt. may God have mercy on us all and make us pass this exam.
  41. DR MRCP

DR MRCP Guest

to asya
    did you read my input , this will answer your Q.
  42. guest 5

guest 5 Guest

i feel for everyone on the forum especially those who have done the exam more than once.
    i pray that God helps all of us to pass.
    please let everyone know how u do.
  43. guest 5

guest 5 Guest

With God all things are possible, even the seemingly impossible!
    Have faith in the Almighty.
    We are in the final approach- all we can do now is Pray. It is in the hands of God now!
  44. mansouooor

mansouooor Guest

45. السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
    اخواني لاتسالوا الدنيا فقط فتعطوها وتحرموا الاخرة
    بل قولوا اللهم اتنا في الدنيا حسنة وفي الاخرة حسنة وقنا عذاب النار
  46. Guest2

Guest2 Guest

arh

Few more hours to go.
    This is insane, i've been experiencing some intense tachycardia since this morning.
  47. abu aya

abu aya Guest

alhamdellah i pass the exam
  48. unnikkm13

unnikkm13 Guest

i also passed
    Thanks for all ur prayers
  49. Guest

Guest Guest

After four agonising trials, Finally I passed.

Alhamd le Allah
  50. Silverfox

Silverfox Guest

Passed

Hallelujah praise the Lord.

Overall scaled score- 722
    Pass score- 521

I passed on my first attempt. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences/strategies in AIPPG.

When do you guys plan to sit for MRCP part 2?
    I'll go for the November one. Nothing to lose.