RECALLS FROM 2010/02 11MAY PART1

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by PHD, May 11, 2010.

1. kemo

kemo Guest

i paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas :lol:
  2. dr_mahmoud

dr_mahmoud Guest

alhamd LELLAH
    this my 2nd trial
    i failed
  3. khalidsabri

khalidsabri Guest

Allhamd lellAh

Thanx Allal I passssssssed,,, best wishs for all
    hoping for u success
    **how can I knw my degrees??
  4. walkojalko

walkojalko Guest

this is my third attempt.
    i failed too and... u r right Dr.Mahmoud..alhmdollelah
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

this is my second attempt and i failed,alhamdolilah for everything ,i am going to enter the exam again next jan.congratulations for all who passed and good luck next time for those who failed.
    i did passmedicine and onexamination plus kalra,what did u do guys?and when did u start studying? i started studying 7 months before exam.is this period enough?
    thx for helping
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

al7amdulillah, this is my second trial and i passed
  7. الحمد لله نجحت بالامتحان بفضل الله
    والله يوفق الجميع لما يحبه ويرضاه
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

@ hussien AND ALL,

Congrateeeeeeeeeeeeeees to all who passed and to me it is a matter of time to whom do not.

I have an idea, why we do not start a thread to collect our efforts to clear Part 2 as convenient as possible, I will go for July 2010 ISA

What do u think?
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

الحمد لله
    وما توفيقى الا بالله
    انجحت
    مبروك للجميع اذاى هعرف الدرجات
    thanks god i pass how can i know score
  10. Immo

Immo Guest

Alhamdo Lillah I passed , after a 3rd attempt in the last 1 yr .

To those who failed , dont loose your heart , you will feel dissapointed but it will be only for short period , my advice go for the next exam if you are prepared well enough and dont skip any attempt if you can afford it .

I read all the advices but best advice is to make small notes and read them well before the exam specially those who never remain in my mind like causes of hypokalemic hypertension , Autosomal recessive etc .....
  11. asya

asya Guest

congratulation to all who pass
    i failed for the 5th time:(
    el hamdollha for everything
  12. asya

asya Guest

plexus99
    can u please share ur experince...u said u passed from ur th time
    i did O/E and passmedicne
    whta shall i do
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

@ Immo

I remember your valuable contributions during the harsh last year, I totally agree with all your advices
  14. Immo

Immo Guest

yes plexus it will be lovely if some one collect the old questions with possible answers , I am also going for July , let me know the tread name i will put contribution as well

Jazak Allah
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

@ asya
    I can say my forth attempt was the worst regarding, time management, time given for the final revision, but I think two factors made it a pass this time - after God willing-
    1. I gave the PLAB exam 10 days before MRCP1
    2. the ccumulative effect of three consecutive fails.

I did my own notes, passmedicine - by heart- and revised Jan exam the day before the exam.
  16. Rheuma2006

Rheuma2006 Guest

thanks to ALLAH

this is my 1st trial and al hamd leLah I could pass
    regards to all :arrow:
    i can provide any help for any one requested me and this is of my pleasure :lol:
  17. iamdumb

iamdumb Guest

Dear all, to those who passed. congratulations!
    to those who did not make it this time - don't be discouraged. the journey is long and arduous. i didn't suceed first attempt either.

it's really very disaapointing. it makes u ask why u did medicine in the first place.

move on, get a break and start studying again. One day, we will succeed with all that we have done. all that we have studied will hopefully make us better doctors.

Medicine is a calling. We shall commit ourselves to this noble profession. Behind the title Doctor lies our sweat, blood and tears.

One Day, WE WILL MAKE IT.
  18. gabygirl

gabygirl Guest

Passed...Thank God....Am doing my second year of internal medicine residency in india....Any suggestions on the ideal time for part 2
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

i entered my code number bu the answert no result found for the selected exam type and rcp code number
    any one can help me?
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

i cannot access mrcp website at present. any1 else having problems?
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

for the guest no result found

may be u didnt tick the option in the form for internet result

just mail them n see
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

yes i did not tick.. no another way to know from my account? if u chose application for part 2 what will be the answer?
  23. mansouooor

mansouooor Guest

el hamd lellaaah,
    paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss,
    pass
    pass
    pass
    pass
    pass
    pass
    pass
    paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss,
    what a great word i see today
    wish you all the best .
    see you in 2nd part ....... :D :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  24. Doc_aquarian

Doc_aquarian Guest

Alhumdullaha

Alhumdullah by the GRACE of ALLAH and My Parents prays... I PASSED Today.
  25. DR/ MRCP

DR/ MRCP Guest

AL HAMDULLAH I PASSSSSSSED I PASSSSSSSSSSSSSED
    THANK GOD
  26. Silverfox

Silverfox Guest

MRCP

Congrats to those who passed. And to those who werent that lucky, keep trying and please do not give up.

This is my first attempt, my strategy is about the same as the others here:

1) Textbooks i used- Oxford handbook of medicine and Kalra revision notes

2) BOF books- Best Of 5 for MRCP by Helen Fellow and multiple choice revision book by Binymin

3) For website, I only used onexamination, excellent website with good explanation. I've done all the questions repeatedly for at least 3 times. about 10-20% of the questions from May paper were repeat questions from onexamination and the other questions have similar theme. So if you mastered onexamination questions, you shouldnt have any problem passing.
    I haven't got enough time to sign up for passmedicine so I cant comment on that.

I'm working in Australia and I have no one to guide me re:MRCP as most of my seniors sit for FRACP exam in PGY4. I only rely on this forum and I've gained so much from you people, thank you very much for your help. You guys are awesome.
  27. Guest

Guest Guest

congrats for all those who passed

for who didnt plz dont lose hearts
    plz

i cleared my first part in 5 attempt
    i know the pain n feelings

silver fox
    many many congrats on ur succes

best of luck for part 2

am in prep for the same

what do u work in australia as

how is pay there
  28. YOU CAN READ THE SCORE FROM EXAMINATION HISTORY AFTER YOU SIGN IN IN MRCP WEB SITE

SO YOU SHOULD FIRST CREATE AN ACCOUNT
    THEN SIGN IN
    THEN OPEN APPLY ON LINE ,YOU CAN READ ON LEFT SIDE OF PAPER (EXAM. HISTORY) OPEN IT AND SELECT THE CURRENT EXAM DATE
    YOU WILL SEE THE SCORE AND OTER DETAILIS

THE PASS SCORE 521

MY SCORE 603

ALL HAMDO LLELAH
  29. AMC GUY

AMC GUY Guest

To silverfox

Hi i want to congratulate you on your gr8 success I know how it feels on this special day as i too pass this exam in Jan 2010 i want to ask as you working in australia that in july i am appearing in amc exam will MRCP worth in australia as well i mean a pass in mrcp pulse amc .Please let me know if you have an idea anyways again i want to wish you and all others
    regards
    AMC GUY
  30. CCH

CCH Guest

wow, what an experience

That was a good experience from MRCP Part 1...i am from Australia and just gave MRCP Part 1 as a trial and jump start myself for the australian physian exams...

i passed and it was a hell lot of studying and the exams were actually harder than i expected.

good luck to all!
  31. dr_ar

dr_ar Guest

i have cleared mrcp part one . may attemp.. when r u all planning to apply for 2 ? i am kind of out from clinical for some reason.. but i want to go for november attemp? ahat do u say ?
  32. normaldr

normaldr Guest

Congratulations for all who passed!
    For the ones who didn't, keep trying. :)

I want to ask one question:
    On the examination (part 1), do they provide the normal range of the lab value, for instance the normal range for magnesium, T4, TSH, etc or should we memorize it?

Thanks in advance!
  33. khalidsabri

khalidsabri Guest

notes

******for whom taking the up comming MRCP1,,my strategy is
    **to solve as much as possible BOFs ,,passmedicine is the best,, also onexam.,mrcpass and pastest.... u can work system by sys solving all BOFs in each sites
    **solving from older versions 2007 up to 2010
    **free ur self as u can
    **save BOF that u feel itis important to revise them in the last weerk
    **use notes writing specially in statistics rules
    **if u can manage time with self reading it makes no defference from group studying specially if u have past attempts
    **Read is based on topics which facing u,,oxford is good
    **Karla reveision book when u feel boring from BOF solving
    **Khalid Binyamin BOF book
    **try to manage time so to repeat solving BOF at least 2 times
    **u can buy in passmedicine in the last month for refreshing (i didnt do this)
    **finally trust in ur self,,, push fears away and ask Allah for help
    *************urs
  34. Guest

Guest Guest

dr ahmed hussein congratulation
    i enter exam history and i did not find current exam date so how can i get my score please help the only i got now
    grade....... pass
    ellhamdu lellah
  35. um

um Guest

paart 1

Dear AIPPG forum friends, Alhamdulillah i passed. Many congratulations to those who passed and better luck next time to those who could not make it this time. Please do not loose heart and keep trying. Passmedicine is best website for prep.
  36. unnikkm13

unnikkm13 Guest

I am Dr Krishna Kumar from India. I did my MBBS, MD and DM from India. I had only 1 week for preparing for MRCP1.
    I read revision notes by KALRA and ONEXAMINATION site.
    I thought they were very useful, especially onexamination site.
  37. nmnm

nmnm Guest

i scored 465 and failed my first attempt. i had done passmedicine 3 times.kalra once ,onexamination once. used to score 65% in pastest past papers.feeling very disappointed....thinking whether i should attempt again or not? if yes, should it be sept or jan? i am requesting u all for ur kind help and advice .unnikm sir ,dr.ahmed hussein sir,dr/mrcp sir, mansouur sir....and all the others,plz advise.jazakallah khair.
  38. um

um Guest

dear do not loose heart last time my score was 458 and i just did some revision from passmedicine and i passed Alhamdulillah, so i would suggest go for Sept attempt and will pass Inshallah. Good luck
  39. unnikkm13

unnikkm13 Guest

if u learn onexamination well and revise it u ll get about 30% of questions as such.And from the material they have given u ll be able to answer abour another 30 to 40%. i think that ll do.
    its from my experience that i am saying.
    there is one book 'PACES for MRCP by TIM HALL'. You can back refer the 'onexamination' questions, taking this book as the reference.
    Then if u have time u can do Harrison pretext questions.
    Stastics is also given beautifully in 'PACES for MRCP by TIM HALL'
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

dear unnikm sir

only 1 week u read n that was enough for u

for us its not possible
  41. unnikkm13

unnikkm13 Guest

impossible is nothing..
    just beleive in u and God
  42. Guest

Guest Guest

for those who passed, What will be the answer if you apply for part 2 from your account? I am waiting for answer please......
  43. Immo

Immo Guest

my application accepted for part 2

I dont think 1 week is enough for any exam , may be for extraordinary people but an average you need 3-4 months as u need atleast 2 weeks to solve 2000 questions of passmedicine which you need to solve and remember minimum 2 times
  44. guest 5

guest 5 Guest

TO IMMUNO

well done.
    u should put the answers that u put in your exam ,since u passed and most of your answers will be correct.
    In your list of questions u gave above, u put 2 choices for many of the questions.
    This will help all of us to see what miustakes we made.
    thank u.
  45. DEAR FRIENDS

ANY ADVICE FROM ANY BODY ABOUT BOOKS AN COURSES NECESSARY FOR PART 2

DO YOU THINK THE OXFORD AND KALRA ENOUGH PLUS PASTEST AND ON EXAMINATIOIN?????

WHAT DIFFERENT FROM PART 1?????????????
  46. dr_ar

dr_ar Guest

congratulations every1.. i am new here .. can anyone help me ... i cleared the may mrcp1 attempt.. can i go for mrcp 2 in november? considering the fact i am not into clinical for a while.. n which books do u recommend? please guide me ..
  47. normaldr

normaldr Guest

to immo:

2 weeks for 2000 questions from passmedicine? I also don't think it is possible. I need 3 months to solve all of them once. And still, I forget all lot of details. Maybe i am a bit slow. Please, tell me, how can you do that?

However, congrats for passing part 1! :)
  48. nmnm

nmnm Guest

thanks a lot to um sir , unnikm sir and immo sir.
  49. Ahmed KSA

Ahmed KSA Guest

Congratulations

Many heartiest congratulations to doctors who passed even if its their 9th attempt because this is a tricky exam.

For Asya and others who couldn't pass, do not get sad, I have my full support to you people because:

1. This is a tricky exam.
    2. It does not only test your knowledge but also your nerves and believe me many fail because they panic in the exam room, they do not lack knowledge.
    3. It needs a thorough reading of the topic but not necessary to read from big medicine books (Kumar or Davidson). Kalra is enough.
    3. It needs practice of BOFs, you should know not only why a particular option in question is correct but also why the other options are incorrect.

My suggestion for passing this exam:

1. Read Kalra only
    2. Onexam
    3. Passmedicine
    4. Pastest Online e-lectures and its BOFs ...........and thats it.

I passed my exam in 2nd attempt. I appeared in KSA, Riyadh.

You do not need to panic, just calm your nerves and don't read big books, those will only confuse you.

Do not loose hopes. Contact me if anyone needs any more help or have questions. My email u2u2003 at hotmail dot com

I am looking for partner for MRCP-2 in KSA, is there anyone who needs a study partner ?

Thanks and good luck.
  50. Guest

Guest Guest

hi guys i hve recently passed all parts of mrcp exams and want to sell my mrcp course material and all books for all parts.
    pls contact me at mandar_d79@yahoo.com
    07799552842[uk]