RECALLS FROM 2010/02 11MAY PART1

Discussion in 'MRCP Forum' started by PHD, May 11, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

MRCP books and course material for sell - excellent material

hi guys
    i recently passed all parts of my mrcp exams and want to sell all my mrcp material for all parts [books and course material] excellent material from very costly courses
    pls contact me at mandar_d79@yahoo.com
    07799552842[uk]
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

mrcp books and course material for resale

hi guys
    i recently passed all parts of my mrcp exams and want to sell all my mrcp material for all parts [books and course material] excellent material from very costly courses
    pls contact me at mandar_d79@yahoo.com
    07799552842[uk]
  3. guest 5

guest 5 Guest

@ immo

did u see my earlier message to u?
  4. nmnm

nmnm Guest

thanks a lot 2 ahmed KSA sir.jazakallah khair.
  5. Ahmed KSA

Ahmed KSA Guest

You are welcome nmnm :)
  6. nmnm

nmnm Guest

@ ahmed KSA

sir,where do u work? ur nationality?how many hours to study daily? what would be best predictor of our performance just to ensure dat v r preparing correctly for exam--pastest past question papers?
  7. Ahmed KSA

Ahmed KSA Guest

I am in Riyadh.
    How many hours to study daily depends actually upon your needs. If you need to improve your basic knowledge you have to work accordingly.

Pastest indeed is tougher than the real exam and if you are doing well with it you are on the right path of preparation.

Good luck.
  8. nmnm

nmnm Guest

9. dear drs.

any body know agood web site for sharing others w thinking about mrcp part 2
    please
    thanks

dr. ahmed
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

I PASSED :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    SCORE 593
    I PLAN TO ENTER NOVEMBER 2010
    ANY ADVICE
    WHAT BOOKS INEED TO FINISH IT FIRST
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

HI ITIS ME AGAIN
    IS IT IMPORTANT TO GO THROGH TEXT BOOKS FOR PART 2
    :?: :?:
  12. guest12345

guest12345 Guest

I failed May exam for 2 marks !! :cry:
    I never used any textbooks, I usually relied on BOF, onexamination and passmedicine which I think they were very useful. Pastest is different from the real exam. Any advice could I get here to be able to pass next time inshaa Allah???
  13. SilverfoX

SilverfoX Guest

Dear guest12345,

Do not give up and keep trying !
    Most of us who passed already listed the books, the strategies we used for this exam, check previous posts.

You will pass the next round. Keep the fire burning.
  14. guest12345

guest12345 Guest

Thx Silverfox :)
  15. guest12345

guest12345 Guest

what do u think about medical masterclass for part 1 ?
  16. guest12345

guest12345 Guest

Anyone have tried medical masterclass for part 1?
  17. guest12345

guest12345 Guest

any study partner in Aberdeen for mrcp 1?>
  18. guest556

guest556 Guest

I have medical masterclass but to be honest its too extensive for part1 or 2.these exams are single best answer type and give you atlest 2 very very similar options that unless u know exact,there is a chance of getting it wrong because of similarity.so reading an extensive text is good to improve your knowledge but not for exams as it is hard to remember all te text and for exam u need to know the exam topics really well.hope this hepls
  19. guest12345

guest12345 Guest

Thanks guest 556, so what do you suggest for the exam?
  20. Masud Khan

Masud Khan Guest

Books for mrcp

AOa...Hello....
    Please tell me what books you recommend for mrcp part 1 preparation... I wish to take it in jan 2011...Please reply.. I'm confused cus the format has changed recently....

Thank you
    Dr. Masud khan
  21. GUEST 556

GUEST 556 Guest

I would suggest for part 1 it is important to go through Kalra atleast 2-3 times and try to memorize the stuff given in blue boxes.do one chapter and then do questions from website of same speciality,whatever u find additional write it in kalra or make notes.if u get an answer wrong,make note of that explanation as well and read the book.i did pass medicine,on exam and pastest.on exam is too easy and but actual exam is much harder esp basic science so i would suggest pastest and pass med.pastest has more questions and good explanations.If u prepare for part 1 thoroughly then part2 becomes easy as all the question themes are more or less similar.I sat part1 in jan2010 and part 2 in apr2010 and passed itand while taking part2 i found that good prep for part1 makes part 2 easy and u can take it with 1-2 month prep.i have seen people who have passed part 1 just by doing websites but then they take 6 months for part2.it is ofcourse a hard exam and because of scaleded scorring and exam in so many countries,it makes competition much harder so u should be well prepared.
  22. guest12345

guest12345 Guest

is it only essential revision notes or are there other books of kalra?
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you very much guest 556 for your thorough explanation.
    Actually i'm confused about taking the decision of when to sit the exam again. I sat part 1 twice in Jan and May. I have other things to do alongside the exam so I'm not 100% dedicated to studying. appreciating your advice about this. as I mentioned before I ve never been through textbooks only websites onexamination, passmedecine and pastest.
    Any help to take a decision??
  24. GUEST 556

GUEST 556 Guest

to guest,i think if u have already sat twice then u have an idea that how exam is like.if u carefully look at exam topics and scheme,there are typical diseases and topics which are important are in every diet but asked differently.the best way to remeber anything is to learn differentail diagnosis and differentiating points like read obstructive,restrictive,copd,bronchiectasis in a same go and u will find out that it is then easy to memorize kco,tlc and all that and u can make out that hrct is the first line investigation for copd or when u do restrictive defects u can go through drug related causes and pulmonary fibrosis.i mean to say that one topic after another helps u to understand,make differentioal and make ur own notes.in websites all the questions are random and u might get a copd question then fibrosis then cancer but wont be able to learn them as a full topic.another example like lung ca,if u read in one go u should do types,complications,contraindications of opertaion,treatment and every thing and u finish one system then do website to see where ur knowledge stands.beleive me if u get core knowledge and basics right the rest of mrcp becomes easy as well.hope it helped
  25. Guest

Guest Guest

result announced

mrcp 2 written 2010/2 annpounced