ST JOHNS IS DISCRIMINATING WITH STUDENTS

Discussion in 'PG Entrance Message Board' started by Affected Students, Apr 29, 2005.

1. ST JOHNS MEDICAL COLLEGE WHICH IS IN BANGALORE IS PREVENTING US STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN ALLOTTED GOVT SEATS THRU RGUHS PGET 2005 FROM ADMISSION .THEY ARE TAKING 100% MINORITY STUDENTS CITING EXAMPLE OF CMC VELLORE.ST JOHNS IS NOT A DEEMED UNIVERSITY LIKE CMC VELLORE.WE HAVE FILED COURT CASE.tO AIPPG MODERATOR .PLZ PUT STICKY ON THIS

We would need a copy of your order / date of hearing case number etc : AIPPG staff
  2. Student

Student Guest

petition number

matter is pending in Supreme Court with WP No. 304/2003--
    supreme court of india maintained status quo on admissions for last year.This year again St johns is applying same rule to kick out pg students who hve been lawfully admitted thru CET of govt...today they issued a letter of Rejection to all students saying we hav challenged matter in court and we cannot admit you to college inspite of governments order for same since our earlier case is subjudice in sc under wp no 304/2003 ...This year they filed a WP in HC of karnataka with WPno 14160/2005 asking to Quash our allotment of PG seats.Students have filed WP no 14186/2005 to allow us admission for said courses which have been alloted to us thru a fair n free process of Rguhs Entrance Exam.I Expect support from AIPPG people since if they are allowed 100% and to kick us out tomorrow all pvt colleges will do the same in karnataka and we will be left without any pg seats which will be sold to only people having heavy money
  3. guest

guest Guest

yes .
    somebody must do something abt st johns. they think they can do anything under the minority community cover. i strongly condemn their actions though i am a christian. almost all the seats are given to catholics. reserving seats for nuns is understandable- these people are ao mission work. but i know many good for nothing rich NRI catholic mallus who r doing pg there after getting strong recommendations from the bishops( after making hefty donations to the church ofcourse!).
    obvious, with these folks around the college wont be intrested in giving up their seats.... would they :roll:
    the entrance xam they conduct is just an eyewash. it was conducted so haphasardly- no seating arrangement, we could occupy any seat. coping was rampant. the st johns ugs were copying coolly& the invigilators did't seem to mind. by the time we poor fellas realised we've been cheated off 2000 bucks it was tooo late. the did not even tell us how much we scored. dont we deserve to know atlest that much.... :?:
    [/b]
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

CMC Vellore is NOT a Deemed University

It is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

ST JOHNS ENTRANCE PROCEDURES AND THE SELECTION PROCESS IS AN INSULT TO ANYBODY S INTELLIGENCE...A SHAM TO SAY THE LEAST...A PERSON I KNOW CLAIMED TO BE GETTIN A SEAT THERE AND THIS INSPITE OF NOT EVEN APPEARIN FOR THE SO CALLED EXAM....AND THEY HAVE A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A WEB SITE :? ANYWAY I THINK THERE ARE MORE FAIRER EXAMINATIONS AROUND N BETTER COLLEGES WHERE V SHOULD BE CONCENTRATIN ON :wink:ABT CMC VELLORE WELL THEY HAVE THEIR OWN FUNDAS AND THEIR OBVIOUS RICH MEDICAL HERITAGE PREVENTS ME FROM SAYIN ANYTHIN....A GREAT COLLEGE. END OF STORY.
  6. guest

guest Guest

ya u r right there buddy, there is no way we can compare st johns to cmc. cmc is undoubtedly one of indias best. their entrance is also fair enough. they do admit people on merit.
    as for all my juniors_ MY SINCERE ADVICE DONT WASTE UR TIME ON ST JOHNS. . . ITS NOT WORTHIT.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Got this from Pvt Message

You have to do 2 things

1. File a case against The institution to which you are alloted (St.John's)

2. File another case against the body alloting you (RGHUS PGET)

Now if you win the first case, you get your seat

If you loose your first case, you will atleast get a seat FOR THIS YEAR RANK IN NEXT YEAR COUNSELLING if you do not win the first case

Actually RGHUS should have got a letter from St.Johns telling them what seat to allot and what not to allot. Then only the alloting body (or the Counselling body) has the right to allot the seats. You can find these letters got by the DGHS from the State Colleges in AIPG Counselling displayed in the venue

If RGHUS has alloted you the seats without getting the seat matrix, that will be a easy ground for St.John's. That is the need for the Second Case

If some govt official give you promises by mouth, please don't believe. Get every thing in writing (or get it from court)

If what I have told is not clear, please ask me
  8. morpheus

morpheus Guest

St. Johns ruckus

50% of the seats that belong to govt quota have already been filled up by St john's....however , these students have been told that these are risk seats..so they r also not sure bout their own seats...im interested to know who has filed a case against them...i would like to contribute to that...bcoz i have had the experioence of fightng a case alone
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

to Morpheus

I have got MD pediatrics in St johns medical College.They have refused me admission too.Please guide me--i have filed a writ petition along with others in HC.Please help me in what way anf to morpheus too.
    mobile number 09322284135
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

File two writs as I have mentioned

If you file only against St.John's and win --> no problem
    If you file only against St.John's and case drags --> you will not get the seat this year
    If you file only against St.John's and lose --> You will never get the seat

So the second writ against RGHUS COunselling will ensure you get MD paed, at least next year in any govt college
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Quais,

You called me at 11:50 PM...... Since I had driven around 120 kilometers by two wheeler, I was totally tired.... SOrry i could not have spoken properly !!
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanx

Dear Friend Bruno
    Thanx for your invaluable advice :).I have filed only one WP along with 3 other students.In the respondents i have asked for RGUHS,Secretary med education ,St johns and MCI india.i will send u a scanned copy of WP .In short i have claimed seat from St johns,with an interim prayer that i should be given a seat in another college in 2nd round counselling with first preference.
    Bruno ur advice was invaluable last nite as it is ALWAYS.Thanx :)
  13. Quais2

Quais2 Guest

Chances--to bruno/Aippg seniors

Anyone can guide me as to what chances i have in getting a seat out of St johns or in other med colleges
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

That is OK !!!

You need to INCLUDE RGUHS,Secretary med education. That is what I was telling you.

There is no point in fighting against only St.Johns....... If they drag the case, they win (Justice delayed is justice denied)

When you have included Secretary Med Ed as an Respopndent, he is also bound by the rules

SO far, you are on the right track
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

We are going on

Ok Guyz those who are affected and Dr Bruno and AIPPG Staff--
    Today High Court Gave an interim order asking St Johns to admit us to the college pending verdict of court case in SC.Now St Johns is taking case to SC --challenging the order of HC in our favour.So guyz we have to implead in Supreme Court .Be prepared for a long fight.I have heard horror stories from last yrs govt students in St johns.The lady students were physically stopped from entering classrooms and sometimes subject to searches.They were not allowed to attend to patients.No chairs were given to PG students in OPDs.Only Visitor cards(meant for relatives of patients) were given to students to enter campus.They had hired private security guards to harass these students.Guys be strong and united this year.We will win hopefully or if need be file a writ petition in HC for contempt of court
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

We are going on

Ok Guyz those who are affected and Dr Bruno and AIPPG Staff--
    Today High Court Gave an interim order asking St Johns to admit us to the college pending verdict of court case in SC.Now St Johns is taking case to SC --challenging the order of HC in our favour.So guyz we have to implead in Supreme Court .Be prepared for a long fight.I have heard horror stories from last yrs govt students in St johns.The lady students were physically stopped from entering classrooms and sometimes subject to searches.They were not allowed to attend to patients.No chairs were given to PG students in OPDs.Only Visitor cards(meant for relatives of patients) were given to students to enter campus.They had hired private security guards to harass these students.Guys be strong and united this year.We will win hopefully or if need be file a writ petition in HC for contempt of court.
    BRUNO i need some of ur invaluable advice please .Some advice from AIPPG staff
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

Complain to Med education as well as MCI... This is very barbaric act !!
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

If you can prove this, it would be the kind of news some TV channels might want...
  19. Quais2

Quais2 Guest

Latest Update

INSPITE of HIGH court interim verdict in our favour St johns Director refuses to admit us since he says he has filled our seats with Students taken thru his own entrance.He says if he admits us its also a contempt of court It has appeared in times of india bangalore edition.What should we do when people misuse law and refuse to abide by the orders of high court.--Can
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

You can Call me in the day time for discussing regarding this.
  21. Students

Students Guest

Latest Update

St Johns medical college has refused to accept us saying if they admit us it is contempt of SC since in Madhu Singh case SC has said they cannot admit students more than their capacity.So they cannot admit us since they have already filled our seats with students who paid them capitation .
    MCI act states that colleges cannot admit more than 50% of their seats as management quota.So it is illegal on part of St johns to fill our seats.

Thats the fault with this country.Who will enforce the verdicts on mnagements.Any Enforcing authority is present or our country lacks it
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

WHAT NEXT

To Aippg Support
    Any guidance as to what do we have to do next.
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

An urgent petetion with a lawyer who has some rapport to get early dates is the only answer.

If you have a High Court decision in your favour, file a contempt petetion, with pray for urgency in light of Saurabh Cahudhary case 31st May deadline[/quote]
  24. quais2

quais2 Guest

interim order

we do not have verdict in our favour we have an interim order which St Johns is trying to modify.Hearing is in High Court tomorrow
  25. sTUDENTS

sTUDENTS Guest

LATEST UPDATE

High Court heard the case today.Court asked St johns lawyer as to who gave him permission to fill up all the seats in the college.St johns lawyer could not give a satisfactory reply.He said about having a SC order to the effect.Our lawyer showed judge the order of SC which was an interim order valid for last year only.Court has reserved judgement for thursday
  26. Guest

Guest Guest

Hope

I guess 90% verdict should be in our favour. lets see if St Johns takes us in this time or performs contempt of court
  27. Students

Students Guest

Update

Ok high court has directed St Johns to admit us in todays order.Lets hope they admit us.another news Management students who got seats in St Johns paying hefty donations have filed another case in HC.How long will this fight go on.St Johns is now afraid of fighting us in Courts so tey have pushed these management students ahead to fight
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

File a caveat / case against these guys with money so that they do not get any stay on your admission,

I think you can ask to become a party to the case

Do that soon
  29. Guest

Guest Guest

Similar Story to what often happens (from AIPG 2002 to TNPG 2003)
  30. Guest

Guest Guest

Latest Update

Students went to St Johns today with court order for admitting us.The director did not meet us today.His secretary said he is in a meeting and he did not meet us.Dont people have respect for verdict of courts.
    We have filed contempt of court today against him
    and we have also made ourselves party to the case which St Johns management students have filed by impleading in the case.
    What happens if St Johns refuses to admit us even if there is court order and proceeds with contempt of Court
    What is end result if there is contempt of Court.Any opinions
  31. Students

Students Guest

Update

St Johns Has just given a single piece of paper stating viz interim order u are being admitted.No ID Cards have been given,No fees have been accepted from us,we are just like visitors in the campus
  32. Guest

Guest Guest

the person not obeying the court orders can be arrested and put in jail
  33. Students

Students Guest

MEET at 10 am tomorrow in high court

All affected students please come tomrrow to high court campus.We have to file an implead in the case between St Johns management Students and The State of Karnataka.Its Urgent.Also we have to implead in the case filed by St Johns versus the government of karnataka challenging the seat matrix and saying it is arbitrary and irrational
  34. Students

Students Guest

verdict

http://www.thehindu.com/2005/05/13/stories/2005051307770500.htm

the latest verdict
    cut from hindu newspaper

Admit students to PG courses, St. John's academy told

Staff Reporter

BANGALORE: The Karnataka High Court on Thursday rejected an interlocutory application by St. John's National Academy of Health Sciences of Bangalore and directed it to immediately admit students selected under the government quota to postgraduate (PG) courses.

Justice R. Gururajan passed the order after the college filed the application urging the court to vacate its earlier order directing it to admit students selected under the government quota to PG courses this year.

In its petition, the Catholic Bishop's Conference of India (CBCI), which runs the academy, said St. John's is a Catholic medical institution with its own seat matrix and fee structure. It is not a capitation fee-based institution. It is a religious minority institution. A case has been filed in the Supreme Court challenging the Government's interference in the affairs of minority religious institutions and a judgment is awaited.

It challenged the fee and seat matrix notification saying it is illegal and arbitrary. The CBCI said the criteria for arriving at the seat structure and fee fixation are flawed and illogical and urged court to stay the operation of the notification. The CBCI also appealed to the court to direct the respondents to refrain from interfering with the admission of students made by it to the medical college for the 2005-06 course. It said it is entitled to fill all the seats in the institution.

A Division Bench, in its interim order, had directed the institution to admit students under the government quota. When the institution did not admit the students, a case was filed in the High Court.

Justice Gururajan rejected the application filed by the institution and directed it to admit students to PG courses. He adjourned further hearing on the petition to June 15.
  35. Student

Student Guest

update

Went for Admission to St johns .They gave me an Admission pass ( like a Cinema Ticket) to enter hospital.I reported to Head of Dept.He tells me "Ok u attend Classes and OPD,You will not fill up any case sheets neither will u sign anywhere including on attendance muster"
    Isnt This discrimination just because we r not management Students who have paid heavy donations to the Church/CBCI society.
    The crime we have comitted is to study hard to get good ranks in an OPEN free n fair Govt entrance exam and got ourselves admitted to St Johns Thinking its a good SECULAR instuition.
    Well the truth is here now for all to see what St Johns Medical College stands for
  36. Students

Students Guest

Update

For last two years St Johns management has troubled and forced government CET PG students to vacate their seats .They are not allowed in OPDS .No Thesis is allotted to them.They are treated like dirt.Threats r common from management students.
  37. Students

Students Guest

Mischief by St Johns

St Johns has 56 Pg seats in total.According to Govt Rules 28 are for Govt and 28 for Management.
    Now St Johns is using these students as their shield .They have sold/admitted all 56 seats to management students.Out of this 56 it has told 28 students that they are risk seats and taken it in writing from them.
    What they have done today is that they filed a case in HC with all 56 students praying that all of them(risk and non risk) should be allowed to continue classes since earlier govt students have left seats and gone away and they can have a chance.So showing strength of risk n non risk students they are trying to withdraw our seats
    HC declined to give them interim relief and posted case for 27th may.

Maybe HC knows this has been their modus operandi for driving away meritorous students alloted through govt order.Anyway 27th may will show a clearer picture
  38. ST. JONHS COLLOEGE ADMISSION

MY SISTER HAS GOT A OBG SEAT IN THIS COLLEGE SO OTHER GUYS BE UNITED AND FILE A CASE ON RGUHS ALSO SO THAT IF UR COLLEGE CASE FAILS AT LEAST U WILL GET SAME SEAT NEXT YEAR IN GOVT. COLLEGE BY RGUHS.
    PLZ SEND ME ALL DETAILS OR U NEED SOME HELP U CAN CONTACT ME ON merchantnavy_guy@yahoomail.com iam in U.K. in SOUTHS SHEILDS.
    IF U CONTACT ME ON THIS ID I WILL GIVE MY PH. NUMBER.[/b]
  39. Guest

Guest Guest

This is what I am telling from the beginning !!! SAME SEAT NEXT YEAR !!!
  40. Guest

Guest Guest

This is what I am telling from the beginning !!! SAME SEAT NEXT YEAR !!!
  41. Guest

Guest Guest

United We Stand

Lets be prepared to fight for all three yrs or two years.Firstly St Johns is ranked among one of best colleges in india in terms of infrastructure so fighting for 3 yrs and bearing humiliation is worth it if u get PG from that college.Its a question of who survives n stays put .If we run management students will gobble our seats.If we stay for just six months when Univ allotts thesis we are done .They cannot throw us out however they might inflict damage us.As for those with clinical subjects ok if u dont get patient exposure u can always take up plain posts in municipal hospitals/Govt hospitals to get Cutting or patient exposure for a 6 mths period.Just stand united and DONT LEAVE and LET GO .If we run they will repeat this shit every year and kick out meritorous students plus we are ready to fight even in SC .luckily we have many PG students with parents having heavy political influence.Also we have many parents of PG students who are renowned practising lawyers.So fighting is not a big problem in Courts.We will win this year.Odds are in our favour.
  42. :D chers students dont loose ur patient and fight and keep one thing in mind that in the new(causal round) counselling also u won't get like these good seats so don't leave these seats and fight the college guys want u to leave the seats and break ur unityso be united
  43. Morpheuss

Morpheuss Guest

Latest Update

Today Sc adjourned Sine Die case of St Johns filed against our admissions and asked them to post case after verdict of Seven Judge Bench in SC.
  44. Students

Students Guest

Press Article

St John’s petition rejected

DH News Service ,Bangalore:

The Karnataka High Court on Monday refused to hear a petition, filed by St John’s Medical college challenging seat matrix for PG medical course, until the Supreme Court pronounced its verdict on the issues related to admission to medical, dental and engineering courses.

A division bench comprising Chief Justice Nauvdip Kumar Sodhi and Justice B S Patil refused to pass any interim order on the petition. The college had questioned the 50:50 seat sharing ratio (between the government and the college managements) fixed by the government to fill up the PG medical seats in the private medical colleges.

Contending that the government has no power to fix the seat sharing ratio, the college management has argued that being a minority institution it has liberty to fill up all the seats. However, the High Court refused to entertain the college’s plea at this stage as the Supreme Court has seized off the matter and asked the petitioner to move the Court after Apex Court’s verdict.
  45. sTUDENTS

sTUDENTS Guest

University Action

Legal action

Meanwhile, the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences stated in a release that it will take legal action against St John’s Medical College for refusal to admit students who chose PG seats in that college in the ‘government quota.’
  46. Guest

Guest Guest

:twisted:
    why u all people are not making it a big news please be in touch with news paper people it makes a lot of difference to the judges who take dession you all are fighting for justice so all of u be touch with media and produce all things what is happening to you regarding the admission it makes a lot of difference. be in touch with TV & news paper people. its in M.G. road just meet them and tell the news paper editor this is a hot news for them they will sure put it every time i can read that court has given such dession and all but i cannot read in news that what will happen to the students if some things happens wrong. see in CET last year because of this news and media lot of people has got good MBBS seats . go with media because students power is most powerful in india. this things are read by the judges , college people , & rguhs . this site is veiwed by all who is related to this case. so give notice to news paper that u all are ready for hunger strike and all. so that the RGUHS could fight on behalf of u and solve the matter as early as possible.
  47. :twisted:
    the above message is by prashant kumar from UK be raedy for all things
  48. Guest

Guest Guest

This Apllies to our case

Fate of 22 CMCH students hangs in the balance
    Kuldip Bhatia

Ludhiana, May 20
    Deviating from its admission policy for the first time, the Christian Medical College and Hospital (CMCH) here has admitted 50 per cent students through a common entrance examination conducted by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFU) on the directions of the Supreme Court. However, the fate of 22 postgraduate students, admitted in this category, still hangs in the balance till the constitution Bench of the apex court delivers its final verdict on the entire process of admissions in minority institutions.

According to Dr John Abraham, Medical Superintendent of CMCH, the Supreme Court, in its interim order, while directing the CMCH to take 50 per cent candidates from out of those qualifying the entrance test of the BFU, had also made it clear that depending on the final verdict the candidates admitted to the PG courses in the institution might have to forfeit their seats even if they had attended classes during the intervening period.

Dr Abraham told Ludhiana Tribune that in a way the candidates were granted provisional admission and all of them had signed an agreement to abide by the final orders of the apex court. While there was no time frame for the announcement of the orders of the court as after completion of the hearing, the judgement was reserved by the Bench. But the process could take even a couple of months because the court would close for summer vacation in next couple of weeks.

It was learnt that the CMCH authorities had signed an agreement with the state government way back in 1955 under which 50 per cent of the total seats in the institution would be reserved for students with domicile of Punjab. Further, 25 per cent of the total seats would be offered to students from other states and the admission under this category would be made purely on merit. Under the said agreement, the governing body of the CMCH had the discretion to fill up the remaining 25 per cent seats to accommodate candidates from the minority community.

The ground situation, however, was entirely different. The CMCH management, till now, was admitting 50 per cent students from amongst the Christians and other 50 per cent non-Christians that too on the basis of merit in its own national level entrance examination.

Even last year, the institution was under immense pressure from the state government and a committee was set up by the government to regulate admissions to minority institutions and to earmark a percentage of total seats for candidates to be taken from common entrance examination. But at the last minute, the Supreme Court had intervened and allowed the CMCH to go ahead with its own entrance examination and fill the seats in medical and dental courses
  49. sTUDENTS

sTUDENTS Guest

Long Fight

High Court has heard interlocutory application today in WP No. 14184 directing St johns to issue id cards ,hostel admissions and accept fees .
    St johns lawyer has sought time till monday to file his objections.so case is posted for monday
  50. Student

Student Guest

Tomorrow

Case is posted tomorrow in court hall no23 case is listed no 15