URGENT- DNB COURSES ANNOUNCED!

Discussion in 'DNB CET board - DipNB' started by ASHA PAIDHUNGAT, Aug 8, 2007.

1. HI EVERYBODY,

YESTERDAY'S INDIAN EXPRESS, MUMBAI, HAS GIVEN DVERTISEMENT FOR VARIOUS DNB COURSES WHICH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE TWO PERIPHERAL HOSPITALS THAT ARE AFFILIATED TO BOMBAY MUNICIPAL CORPORATION:-

1.DR.R.N. COOPER MUNICIPAL GENERAL HOSPITAL, ANDHERI(W)

A)OBGYNAEC->2(AFTER CET)+2(AFTER PG DIPLOMA)
    B)ORTHOPEDICS->2(AFTER CET)+2(AFTER PG DIPLOMA)
    C)PATHOLOGY->I(AFTER CET)+1(AFTER PG DIPLOMA)
    D)ENT->1(AFTER CET)+1(AFTER PG DIPLOMA)

2.K.B. BHABHA MUNICIPAL GENERAL HOSPITAL, BANDRA(W)

A)OBGYNAEC->1(AFTER CET)+1(AFTER PG DIPLOMA)
    B)GEN.SURGERY->1(AFTER CET)+ 1(AFTER PG DIPLOMA)*
    C)GEN.MEDICINE->1(AFTER CET)+1(AFTER PG DIPLOMA)*
    D)PEDIATRICS->1(AFTER CET)+1(AFTER PG DIPLOMA)

*(FROM THE ADVERTISEMENT, IT IS NOT CLEAR ABOUT THE PG DIPLOMA, AS NEITHER GENERAL SURGERY NOR GENERAL MEDICINE HAVE A PG DIPLOMA COURSE , LIKE MOST OTHER BRANCHES HAVE)

THE COURSE WILL BE FOR 3 YEARS AFTER CET & FOR 2 YEARS AFTER PG DIPLOMA(MCI/UNIVERSITY RECOGNISED)IN THE SAME BRANCH.

AS THE FORMS ARE AVAILABLE (RS 200/- CASH ONLY), AT THE OFFICE OF THE SUPERINTENDENT, BANDRA BHABHA HOSPITAL, TILL THE 10TH OF AUGUST(11AM-4PM) & HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED BY 4PM ON THE 13TH OF AUGUST, BY HAND DELIVERY ONLY, ALL THE INTERESTED CANDIDATES MAY PLEASE HURRY UP!

THE SELECTION WILL BE ON THE BASIS OF APTITUDE ASSESSMENT, AT 11AM, ON THE 14TH OF AUGUST, 2007.SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE TO PAY THE FEES OF RS.50,000/- (IN CASH) IMMEDIATELY & WILL HAVE TO JOIN THE COURSE AT ONCE.STIPEND WILL BE AS PER DNB REGULATIONS.

"BEST OF LUCK!"

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

:( maam,
    I AM DOING DNB IN A VERY PRESTIGIOUS INSTITUTE IN DELHI.AND I AM REPENTING EVERYDAY. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO TEACHING .NO ONE IS BOTHERED. MY ONLY ADVICE TO THE PG ASPIRANTS IS TO THINK 100 TIMES BEFORE JOINING A DNB COURSE.

A DEJECTED PG
  3. parvas24

parvas24 Guest

a Diploma in TB and Chest diseases can be used as a diploma to join General Medicine course in DNB ... is that possible ?
  4. DNB COURSES

HELLO,

NO, UNFORTUNATELY IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO SO.
    DNB IN GENERAL MEDICINE AS WELL AS DNB IN GENERAL SURGERY DO NOT HAVE THIS FACILITY LIKE OTHER BRANCHES, BECAUSE THERE IS NO DIPLOMA COURSE FOR THESE SUBJECTS.

THIS PROBLEM HAD COME UP IN RELATION TO A PERSON WHO HAD DONE DIPLOMA IN DIABETOLOGY.DURING THE COURSE, HE HAD EVEN WORKED IN GENERAL MEDICINE FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS IN A MAJOR TEACHING HOSPITAL IN BOMBAY.

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  5. AC.

AC. Guest

obgy in bhagwati

med in cooper obgy in bhagwati for further details check in bhabha hospital bandra 7th floor
  6. AC.

AC. Guest

ad about northern railway hospital(delhi)

In 28.12.07 TOI newspaper there is ad about northern railway hospital(delhi)
  7. AC.

AC. Guest

hi the add has come in Maharashtra times on 21st this month. form will be awailable in BANDRA BHABHA HOSPITAL office on 7th floor. the forms will be awailable from 26th dec to 3rd of jan between 11 a.m to 4 p.m for Rs. 200 + vat charges. last date for submission is 4th jan. interview will be on 8th of jan at 10 a.m.
    the seats are

BHABHA HOSPITAL BANDRA

1) orthopaedics- 2 PRI + 2 POST DIPLOMA

IN COOPER HOSPITAL ANDHERI
    1) medicine-2
    2) DERMAT-1
    3) PAEDS-2 PRIMARY + 2 POST DIPLOMA
    4) PATH - 1 + 1
    5) Psychiatry - 1 + 1

BHAGWATI HOSPITAL BORIVALI
    1) Obs & GYN- 1 PRI
  8. AC.

AC. Guest

Mahatme Eye Hospital, Nagpur

Mahatme Eye Hospital, Nagpur
    DNB Ophthalmology & DOMS( CPS, Mumbai)
    Apply before 18/01/08
  9. AC.

AC. Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DNB Anesthesiology
    2 primary and 2 secondary candidates per year in January Session. none for June Session

Fee Structure and Stipend as per DNB board rules.
    Hostel available for Rs 900 per month. Mess Bill extra.
    Adequate Clinical exposure - mostly related to OncoSurgery, with good exposure to other SubSpecialties during rotation postings at NIMHANS < Jayadeva Cardio and Bangalore Medical College.

1st batch started in January 2007

Contact immediately after the December 2007 DNB results are announced.
    If you have passed earlier, send your resume with DNB result copy, marks card copies, medical council registration copy, degree copy, any other relevant certificate to the following:

Professor & Head,
    Department of Anesthesiology & Palliative Care,
    Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology,
    DR M H Marigowda Road,
    Bangalore 560029

Ph: 08026094062 between 9am to 4pm
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

dr asha mam thank for informaton . pls update us regarding dnb medicine intersiew . when will be br ambedkar hospltal interview :roll:
  11. pink floyd

pink floyd Guest

hi
    this is in reply to "dejected pg", u r not alone. even some prestigious institutions dont have much teaching programme. i guess life after mbbs for a
    medico is same everywhere. instead of complaining i think we should learn for ourselves with the knowledge resources we can gather, moreover even if the teachers teach it will be the same old dogmas which should have been shelved a decade back. i guess we are lucky in that sense.
  12. helli

helli Guest

dnb aneathesia in hyderabad

hello every body,
    2 seats in aneasthesia available in durga bai deshmukh hospital .( 2primary and2 secondary)..hyderabad
    .apply at the earliest for thre jan seesion.no donations.
    call 9849157664.
  13. dr.sunil

dr.sunil Guest

HELLO EVERYBODY.
    can anyone let me know about the dnb for dental students and when is the form available and about the exams..... plz.. i will be obliged.
    sunil
    drsunil10984@rediffmail.com
  14. dr.sunil

dr.sunil Guest

aipgee 2007

HELLO EVERYBODY.
    can anyone let me know about the dnb for dental students and when is the form available and about the exams..... plz.. i will be obliged.
    sunil
    drsunil10984@rediffmail.com
  15. DNB in pediatrics HYDERABAD phone 04066827999

a good tertiary care hospital with good teaching faculty offers DNB in pediatrics
    MBBS doctors who completed DNB cet or primary can apply.POST DCH candidates also can apply
    LASTDATE FOR APPLYING IS 21st JANUARY 2008 by 11am
    INTERVIEW DATE IS 21st JANUARY 2008 at 1pm
    contact
    PRAGNA HOSPITAL
    SAIBABA TEMPLE LANE,
    ADJACENT TO NIMS(MODEL HOUSE)
    PANJAGUTTA,HYDERABAD phone 04066827999
    WRITE WITH RESUME FOR WALK IN INTERVIEW
    CONTACT PERSON
    SURESH KUMAR SURAPANENI
  16. DNB in Anesthesiology in Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncolo

DNB in Anesthesiology in Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology announced.
    Walk in interview on 21st January 2008
    Venue: Office of Director.
    Eligible: Both DNB Primary pass and Secondary Candidates.
    Bring along all original relevant documents with one set of attested copies.
    Best of Luck.

for queries call Dr Ganguli - .9901459391. for calls from outside of Karnataka 09901459391
  17. dnb info

which are the institute in mumbai for dnb courses in gen. surgery & psychiatry. how to apply for them? mention about entrance test & admission procedure.
  18. DNB COURSES

HELLO,

THE DNB COURSE WILL BE FOR 2 YEARS IF YOU HAVE PASSED AN
    MCI-RECOGNIZED DIPLOMA & DNB-CET IS NOT REQUIRED.

THE DNB COURSE WILL BE FOR 3 YEARS, IF YOU HAVE NOT PASSED ANY MCI-RECOGNIZED DIPLOMA & DNB-CET IS MANDATORY.

THE LIST OF DNB ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS IS GIVEN ON THE DNB WEBSITE:-

www.natboard.nic.in

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

md from kathmandu university

hello d asha. mam i wanted to know the prospects of doing md radiodiagnosis from kathmandu univeristy :?:
  20. dnb cources in surg

which are the institute in mumbai for dnb courses in gen. surgery. how to apply for them? mention about entrance test & admission procedure.
  21. DNB COURSES

HELLO,

DNB RADIODIAGNOSIS HAS GOT EXCELLENT PROSPECTS.IF YOU'VE DONE MCI-RECOGNIZED DMRD, DNB-CET IS NOT REQUIRED & THE COURSE WILL BE FOR 2 YEARS.IF YOU'VE NOT DONE SUCH A DIPLOMA, THE DNB COURSE WILL BE FOR 3 YEARS AFTER DNB-CET.

THE LIST OF ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS IS GIVEN ON DNB WEBSITE UNDER DNB-CET INFORMATION BULLETIN.

www.natboard.nic.in

DR.A.J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  22. 1234

1234 Guest

dnb-cet

whem form is coming for dnb-cet june 08 exam plz tell somebody
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

PLZ. DONT JOIN DNB IN SAKE OF YOUR FUTURE TRY TO DONT BECOME A BANDHUA MAJDOOR.

PLZ. PROTECT YOUR FUTURE BY SIMPLY AVOIDING TO JOIN A DNB COURSES

THERE IS NO FUTURE IN THIS COURSE.AS THERE IS NO TEACHING FACILITIES & RESPONSIBILITY .

ONLY EXPLOITATION..................................
  24. DNB COURSES

HELLO,

YOU SEEM TO BE QUITE MISINFORMED ABOUT DNB COURSES & HENCE ARE RATHER PREJUDICED & BITTER ABOUT THEM!MAYBE SOME PEOPLE HAVE HAD BAD EXPERIENCES, BUT THAT CAN HAPPEN EVEN WITH MD & MS, ISN'T IT?THERE ARE BOUND TO BE BLACK SHEEP EVERYWHERE!

IN GENERAL, DNB COURSES IN THE FOLLOWING METRO CITIES, THAT IS, MUMBAI/PUNE/DELHI/HYDERABAD/BANGALORE/CHENNAI/KOLKOTA ARE GOOD BECAUSE THEY GET A VARIETY OF CASES & HAVE LATEST EQUIPMENTS.SO THE OVERALL TEACHING IS SYSTEMATIC & GOOD.

FOR CUTTING/HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE, ONE HAS TO WORK IN PUBLIC SET UP AFTER DNB, BECAUSE PRIVATE NOTE CASES OF BOSSES ARE NOT OPERATED UPON BY RESIDENTS.BUT AS DNB=MD/MS, A LITTLE EXTRA TROUBLE TO GET EXPERIENCE IS WORTH IT, I WOULD SAY!

DR.ASHA J. PAIDHUNGAT.
  25. dr.asha madam.gud morning.madam can u please tell me if dnb would be held in june this year.when will the application form be out?kindly reply at the earliest.thank u.how much is course fee per annum.wil all hospitals giv stipend .how much stipend.what are usual working hours if no night duty on that day?
  26. DNB-CET

HELLO,

FORMS FOR DNB-CET EXAM IS NOT YET MENTIONED ON DNB WEBSITE, SO ONE HAS TO KEEP A WATCH ON THAT, PLUS ON THE LOCAL LEADING NEWSPAPERS.

THE STIPEND(BROAD SPECIALITIES) IS RS.10,000-12,000 PM & ANNUAL FEES ARE RS.50,000/- AS PER NBE GUIDELINES & ARE RS.40,000/- IF A STUDENT IS NOT GIVEN ACCOMODATION.THE NORMAL DUTY HOURS ARE 9-5 IN MOST PLACES, BUT WILL VARY AS PER THE CASE OF EACH SPECIALITY, LIKE ON DAYS OF SURGICAL OPERATIONS, IT MAY BE STARTING AT 7.30AM!ON NIGHT DUTY OF COURSE THE STUDENT HAS TO WORK FOR 24 HOURS(DUTY ROOM IS PROVIDED) BUT HE/SHE GETS A NIGHT-OFF ON THE NEXT DAY.

DR.ASHA J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  27. gud even asha madam.dnb app forms from mar 24.how much does it cost.details of form?last date etc.kindly reply.thanks.
  28. good morning dr asha.how r u? what is max marks allotted in dnb cet 2008?is negative marking there?what is time duration of exam?subjectwise weightage of marks? kindly answer these.do u suggest i do dnb or diploma.i hav 2wks of intrnshp left.in my govt cet score i wil get dcp or dlo in govt col or d.bact or dtcd.do i wait for june dnb.actually govt cet counsellng in april 1st wk.do i take a seat or wait for dnb till june.girls lik me r in a total fix.wil i hold a good chance after dcp in govt col lik can i join industries(lab).or do i wait for dnb.i am not very patient in making this decision.kindly reply puttinh urself in my shoes.PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!

29. asha madam.can i do dnb microbiology after d.bact.why are u not replying to the mails madam.kindly reply quickly.
  30. PG CAREER

HI,

BEFORE LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF DNB-CET APPLICATION FORMS YOU SHOULD COMPLETE INTERNSHIP, AS CERTIFICATE IS MANDATORY.

IF YOU'RE GETTING A CLINICAL BRANCH LIKE DLO OR DTCD, THROUGH GOVERNMENT PG-CET, THAT HAS MORE SCOPE IN PRIVATE PRACTICE & TO GET MEDICAL OFFICER'S JOB IN A COMPANY.AS A LADY STUDENT, AT LEAST YOU'LL HAVE A PG DIPLOMA, EVEN IF YOU CANNOT CONTINUE STUDIES OR CAN DO DNB IN ENT OR IN CHEST MEDICINE THEREAFTER, IF IT IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO CONTINUE STUDIES AFTER MARRIAGE.

DCP & D.BACT ARE GOOD, BUT YOU NEED TO INVEST FOR EQUIPMENTS FOR YOUR OWN LABORATORY, OR YOU'VE TO WORK IN AN INSTITUTION.

DR.ASHA J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  31. thanks 4 replying madam.but i had a doubt if i could do dnb micro after d.bact madam?my internship gets over on april 15.when might the last day 4 submitting form be around?
  32. GUEST member

GUEST member Guest

good morning dr.asha madam

2 queries i wish u would answer.kindly dont ignore madam.
    1.can i write dnb cet 2008 with my provisional internship certificate though my intrnshp would end in mid-april?
    2.can i do d.bact and later dnb microbiology?

please answer this mail madam
  33. PG CAREER

HI,

YOU CAN DO DNB MICROBIOLOGY AFTER DIPLOMA IN BACTERIOLOGY, PROVIDED THAT THE DIPLOMA HAS GOT RECOGNITION FROM MCI.WILL YOU GET DIPLOMA IN BACTERIOLOGY IN STATE MEDICAL ENTRANCE? IF SO, PLEASE TAKE IT UP AS YOU CAN DO DNB IN MICROBIOLOGY LATER.

IF YOU'RE ABLE TO SUBMIT A PROPER CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION OF INTERNSHIP WITH THE DNB APPLICATION FORM, YOU CAN SURELY APPEAR FOR DNB-CET IN JUNE 2008!AS THE FORMS ARE STILL NOT OUT BUT ARE EXPECTED TO BE ADVERTISED ANYTIME NOW, I WON'T BE AT ALL SURPRISED IF YOU HAVE GOT SUFFICIENT TIME TO APPLY FOR THE DNB-CET EXAM, ALONGWITH INTERNSHIP COMPLETION CERTIFICATE, WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY.

DR.ASHA J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  34. GUEST member

GUEST member Guest

thanks madam.i might get d.bact in govt col.it seems dnb forms from 2mrw as per website.shall i read dnb bhatia for exam?
    madam what is exam duration and marks?
    is negative marking there?
    hope u dont mind replyng.thanks
    what all books are recommended for exam apart from textbooks madam.
  35. GUEST member

GUEST member Guest

asha madam kindly reply to my above query.please madam
  36. PG COURSES

HI,

IF YOU'RE GETTING D.BACT IN A GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE JUST NOW, PLEASE TAKE IT UP IF IT IS RECOGNIZED BY MCI.AS I SAID, YOU CAN DO DNB MICROBIOLOGY THEREAFTER.

DETAILS OF DNB-CET EXAM ARE GIVEN IN DNB INFORMATION BULLETIN & THE 2 PAPERS ARE OF 3 HOURS EACH(300 MARKS).THERE'S NEGATIVE MARKING OF 0.25 MARKS FOR A WRONG ANSWER, WHERE A QUESTION IS OF 1 MARK EACH.

AT PRESENT, YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO READ TEXTBOOKS, BUT SALGUNAN, SHIVAM, BHATIA, ETC ARE THE GUIDES USUALLY READ FOR VARIOUS ENTRANCE EXAMS, THOUGH A FEW ANSWERS IN SOME BOOKS MAY BE WRONG, NEEDING CROSS CHECK IN TEXT BOOKS!ALSO, DO GO THROUGH PREVIOUS PAPERS OF DNB-CET AS SHOWN IN AIPPG SITE.

DR.ASHA J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  37. DNB COURSES

HI,

JUST A SMALL CORRECTION FOR A TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR.
    THE PAPER IS OF 180 MARKS EACH & THERE ARE 2 SUCH PAPERS OF 3 HOURS EACH.

DR.ASHA J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  38. GUEST member

GUEST member Guest

thanks for replyng madam .are the forms going to be issued from march 24 for primary dnb cet bcz website says dnb final?madam how to access previous question papers from the website mentioned by you?gud evening
  39. payaliya

payaliya Guest

madam from wen wil dnb cet primary -forms be issued for june2008?
  40. rakesh1

rakesh1 Guest

dnb parallel entry

madam,can u please inform me new criteria for secondary dnb after completing diploma. I m not able to get the lists of seats for secondary dnb in orthopaedics, particularly in delhi. i have completed diploma in orthopaedics ( MCI recogniged ).
  41. DNB COURSES

HI RAKESH,

YOU WILL FIND ALL THESE DETAILS IN THE LATEST DNB INFORMATION BULLETIN OF THEIR FINAL EXAM.THE ADVERTISEMENTS WILL BE GIVEN BY INDIVIDUAL HOSPITALS IN JUNE 2008, IN LEADING NEWSPAPERS.

DR.ASHA J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  42. divya sharma

divya sharma Guest

dr.asha.can u tell when primary dnb forms wil be given .what is date of exam for june?
  43. Guest

Guest Guest

hi!could any body tell me when dnb{first part}is going to be held?i think dnb courses r held two times a year:eek:nce in june and the other in dec;i want to give it a try........can anyone help........ dr anshul
  44. rohan1

rohan1 Guest

shocking news-important!!!!!

dr.asha.i heard a shocking news yesterday.i believe last date for dnb cet-primary -application form submission was march 10 and most of my friends colleagues have already submitted form.we were totally mislead by this website and dnb website.we r disappointed for this ignorance.please clarify
  45. DNB-CET

HI,

THIS IS A PIECE OF NEWS FROM A POPULAR AUTHENTIC WEBSITE:-
    http://dnbpg.com/index.php/topic,65.msg66.html#msg66

DNB CET Primary June 2008 Update
    « on: March 25, 2008, 01:09:49 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DNB CET Primary June 2008 application forms should be available to download from the natboard website by the first week of April according to the national board.

It is confirmed that there will be an DNB CET Primary in June 2008.

DR.ASHA J.PAIDHUNGAT.
  46. rohan1

rohan1 Guest

thanks

thanks for the assurance
  47. Gattu84

Gattu84 Guest

Dnb radiodiagnosis

What is the scope after DNB RADIO?
    Which institutes are good considering teaching of dnb in mumbai?
    Anybody doing dnb?plz reply.
    Dr asha mam you encourage us to take dnb,but please mention institutes where it is good.i am sure there are very few institutes
  48. DNB courses

Hello,

DNB Radiology has certainly got excellent prospects, particularly because Interventional Radiology is an upcoming superspecialization in that branch
    so if you get it, go ahead.

The list of institutions is given on DNB website, so choose a place located in a Metro city where they get more referrals & have more equipments & other facilities.In general, South India has a better reputation for training.

As far as Mumbai is concerned, there are many good private institutions like P.D. Hinduja hospital, Leelavati hospital, INHS Ashwini Navy hospital, Jhankaria's imaging centre, Somaiya hospital, Holy Spirit hospital, etc, which are offering DNB in Radiodiagnosis.

In Pune too, there are many good institutes which are offering DNB in Radiodiagnosis, so if you want, you can try there too.

Dr.Asha J.Paidhungat.
  49. rakhi

rakhi Guest

hello everyone.can any of u kindly tell me books recommended for all india and other entrance exams apart from mudit khana and amit ashish for aipgmee and aiims respectively.also could you tel me if i could get these books for second hand from anywhere.i stay at bangalore.thanks
  50. shine

shine Guest

DNB D.V.D

HI
    i have just given dnb cet and i am really interested in D.V.D dnb..could you plz let me know the good institutes to pursue dermat in and how to prepare for d interviews and wht all are the main requirements..is experience really necessary?