what r the prospects of dmrd???

Discussion in 'PG Entrance Message Board' started by guest, Apr 2, 2005.

1. guest

guest Guest

hi all!!!!
    can any1 tell me what r the prospects after doing dmrd.
    i have taken dmrd leaving ms ophtho, ent ,patho and psm and now im totally confused :? whether i hav done right or wrong coz at that time every1 told me that this is the hottest branch right now with lots of money and a veryyy kool life
    now please tell me is it the same or not like that :(
    pleaseeee
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

YOu should have asked this question before counselling

Even after finishing your MBBS you are not clear about your future...............
    One thing is clear..... I will not consult "shaky" people like you if I fall sick......... You will give my one drug and AFTER giving will wonder about that :twisted:
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

MS ENT, MD Path and MD PSM are definitely better than DMRD......

If you have taken MD Radio, that is good
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

i dont agree with bruno sir when he says md spm is better than dmrd, can you pl explain how?
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

i dont think its a bad choice at all....esp if u are intersted in the field...you can always do 2yr DNB later on to become equivalent to MD[/quote]
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

After DMRD.....

1. You set up a private practise

You will get lots of cases, but have to work hard.
    Second Opinions Are given to MD Radio and Not DMRD

2. You work in a Corporate Hospital

YOu will hardly become the head of the dept. They will always like to publish a MD Radio as their Consultant Radiologist and DMRD will be the Jr.Resident or Duty Radiologist. Don't worry :lol: You will be called at nights for emergencies and paid Rs 250, (for driving up 3 AM in the night) but the next day, the MD Radio will come in the morning (for his usual rounds) and repeat the scan and get Rs 500

3. You enter Govt Service

You will have to attend the emergencies, but will not become a professor or HOD

It is MD Radio that is respected in Corporate or Govt Setup
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

About MD SPM

In Govt Service

1. You are posted in SPM Dept

10 to 5 Job
    Regular Pay
    Need not depend on consultants sending you cases
    No emergencies
    Vacations

2. You get promoted as Assisant Professors, Reader, Professor in a shot time

3. You then are posted as Deputy Director, Joint Director or Addl. Directors

4. You will end up as Vice Principal / Dean / Director of Medical Education or Director of Public Health

In Private Setup

Initial Pay in Private Medical Colleges is MORE THAN 25,000

10 to 5 Job
    Regular Pay
    Need not depend on consultants sending you cases
    No emergencies
    Vacations
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

MD Radio is Of course better than MD SPM
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

So Dr.Bruno ,

YOu mean to say , an MD is ANYDAY better than a diploma [ even if its backed up with DNB later on , assuming we get thru DNb part 2 ! ] no matter where you get your MD from ? Vs getting a diploma from a very good place :?: :?:
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

In my opinion

1. MD or MS is better than Diploma

2. Dip NB and MD / MS are equal

MD is Better
    If you get DNB both are equal
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry to trouble you again , Dr.Bruno, what abt the following situations ?
    1) MBBS + MD/MS + DNB part 2 which can be given directly
    2) MBBS + DNB
    3) MBBS + diploma + DNB

From what you told , 1 & 3 are equal , what abt 1 & 2 [ assmuing we pass dnb 2 in both the settings ] ?

Thank you so much for clearing the doubt
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

I would believe that being happy with your subject is the objective to be achieved.

Even if I get a diploma in that subject it would be better to opt for that, than opting for some subject where you are not internally happy doing that Job.

Also some fields like Anaesthesia give almost equal weightage to Diploma / degree. In Anaesthesia what matters is your experience in speciality > Obstetric / Cardiac / Neuro Anaes...

Some speciality like orthopeadics, Psychiatry > Diploma is Ok

Apart from that it is your work and reptation that speak after a certain amount of time.
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

would believe that being happy with your subject is the objective to be achieved.

Even if I get a diploma in that subject it would be better to opt for that, than opting for some subject where you are not internally happy doing that Job.

totally agree
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

Me too , totally agree with AIPPG support , just asked the Q to clear things up in terms of job prospects etc , of course ultimately it comes down to whwat you want to become in life & how well you achieve it .....
  15. DMRD IS MUCH BETTER THAN MD-PSM/MD-PATH/OR MS-ENT. ENT IS A DYIMG BR AS WELL AS PATH DUE 2 MUCH COMPETITION. PSM MAY B BETTER BUT STILL RADIOLOGISTS R LESS IN OUR COUNTRY IN GENERAL & I, WITH FULL REGARDS TO, TOTALLY DISAGREE DR BRUNO IN THIS CASE. DIPLOMA OR DEGREE DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE, IF THE PERSON IS CAPABLE.
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Totally agree with this

That is in Private Practise
    I am also taking into consideration the Corporate Setup and Govt Setup

Job Prospects (when you are the employer - ie - Private Practise ) Diploma may be enough,
    But
    When the employer is Government or Corporate Hospitals, Degree is always better than diploma
    In Govt setup
    A person with Diploma will have to work like a person Degree (or even more than that), but your promotion and other benefits will be like MBBS

In Corporate Setup,

They will appoint you ONLY when they do not have a Degree walah competing along with you and even if you are appointed, the person with a degree will be always treated in a better way.

For example I have seen many occasion where they need 2 Paediatricians and when they get 10 applications, they outright reject DCh and call only the MD Paed (and Dip NB) for the interview
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

My order of Preference

1) MBBS + MD/MS + DNB part 2 which can be given directly
    3) MBBS + diploma + DNB
    2) MBBS + DNB

But after your MBBS, if you are faced with the option of

Diploma
    or
    DipNB

you have to choose Dip NB
  18. I STILL FEEL RADIOLOGY AS A BRANCH, IN CORPORATE/PRIVATE PRACTICE IS EQUAL 2 MD; NOT IN GOVT JOB. HOW MANY STATE COLLEGES DR BRUNU, U CAN COUNT WHO HAV CT SCAN, LEAVE SPEAKING OF MRI; WHAT MD LEARNS IN MD, SAME DMRD LEARNS IN DMRD IN THE COURSE, IF THEY R NOT IN AIIMS/PGI/JIPMER/SGPGI N FEW OTHER COLLEGES EG KEM 2 NAME A FEW. EARNING IS NOT A PROBLEM EVEN FOR MBBS, BUT PEDS/PATH/ENT/GEN. MED/GEN. SURG. ETC. R DIFFERENT BRANCHES: THERE IS MUCH SATURATION AND COMPETITION. AS FAR AS RADIO IS CONCERNED, I DONT SEE SUCH THING. N WHY TO MAKE A PERSON SAD OF HIS/HER DECISION? LET HIM/HER NOT REGRET THE DECISION LEST HE/SHE RESIGNS 2 PREPARE AGAIN N A SEAT IS WASTED IF IT'S AFTER 1ST MAY, [COURTSEY SUPREME COURT OF INDIA'S RULES].
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

well in the last,

it can be safely said the the the decision made by the person was not wrong....opinions will always differ nevertheless :shock:
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

There is a grading which goes like this ..... Correct ..... Not Wrong ..... Not correct ...... Wrong

And what is correct for me can be wrong for you and not wrong for naveen and not correct for vicky :roll: :shock:

What I am telling is MY opinion........

That you and I know........ but not the general public and governments and NON MEDICAL Administrators in Hospitals

This is what I am telling....... In govt, you need Degree........

Well........... I didn't intend it :(